[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

OT: Politics Thread
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
2/16/2017  3:20 PM
meloanyk wrote:
smackeddog wrote:This was Trump's statement yesterday on the middle east peace process:

“So I’m looking at two states and one state. And I like the one that both parties like. I’m very happy with the one that both parties like. I can live with either one. I thought for a while that two states looked like it may be the easier of the two. To be honest, if Bibi and the Palestinians, if Israel and the Palestinians are happy – I’m happy with the one they like the best.”

Translation : "I don't know anything about it"

Stupid. Maybe you fellas have comprehension problems. The statement speaks for itself.

Ha, you must be trolling now

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/16/2017  3:24 PM
meloanyk wrote:
holfresh wrote:Trump just asked, Does anyone think Hillary would be more tough on Russia than me???...YYYYEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Please . President Obama and Hillary Clinton were disasters on foreign policy including Russia. Reset anyone, Crimea anyone, Syria anyone. Good Lord

Exactly what would you do differently? Republicans talk a good game but don't have any answers! They've had it easy just sitting back and criticizing but now they're FAILING at actually governing and Trump's Administration is a JOKE!!! You go ahead and stay blind and deaf tho and keep up the Baghdad Bob routine.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/16/2017  4:19 PM
[IMG_block] http://i.imgur.com/L5J70oK.jpg [/IMG_block]
smackeddog
Member: #883
2/16/2017  4:26 PM
djsunyc wrote:[IMG_block] http://i.imgur.com/L5J70oK.jpg [/IMG_block]

Ha ha ha!

djsunyc
2/16/2017  4:35 PM
meloanyk wrote:Impressed with President Trump to date despite some political miscues and the desperate attempts of many to undermine by exaggerating any negatives. He is a breath of fresh air by being focused and aggressive in following his agenda and actively engaging in rebooting out economy. Tide are shifting, obstructionist Dems gonna feel the heat soon and and the center and independents will be stamping Trump as the positives come to the forefront. This guy doesn't give a sheeet about appeasing the hypocritical snowflakes with flowery words. Nice to see someone lead on the issues that were known but avoided. Now cry

do you truly believe this or are you trying to convince yourself that's really what's happening?

holfresh
Member: #1081

2/16/2017  5:23 PM
One republican senator said to Jake Tapper, that press conference is what you have with your therapist, not on public television...
holfresh

2/16/2017  7:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2017  7:20 PM
Let's play a game...

What recent President constantly says, I do get good ratings??..
holfresh

2/16/2017  7:35 PM
djsunyc
2/16/2017  7:57 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/pregnant-trump-putin-hater-photos-2017-2?utm_content=buffer2894d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer-ti

[IMG_block] http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/58a4843601fe58ac008b4943-1920/15th%20street%209th%20ave1.jpg [/IMG_block]

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
2/16/2017  8:06 PM
meloanyk wrote:Impressed with President Trump to date despite some political miscues and the desperate attempts of many to undermine by exaggerating any negatives. He is a breath of fresh air by being focused and aggressive in following his agenda and actively engaging in rebooting out economy. Tide are shifting, obstructionist Dems gonna feel the heat soon and and the center and independents will be stamping Trump as the positives come to the forefront. This guy doesn't give a sheeet about appeasing the hypocritical snowflakes with flowery words. Nice to see someone lead on the issues that were known but avoided. Now cry

Agree. Perfect world he would've gotten off to a better start with no miscues leaving the door open for the liberal sharks who lost the election to feel empowered. Crowd size on day 2 of his Presidency should've never been an issue. Who cares. Should not have rushed the executive order on immigration without putting an explanation of each article in writing. Re-emphasizing it's temporary nature and pointing out that there will be other countries added but for now they are implementing the 7 countries already identified as a threat for harboring terrorists by Obama's administration. Should have enlisted the best lawyers to draft the order correctly making it bullet proof.

Trump was great today. Glad he spoke for himself and didn't really on anyone to speak for him. America voted for him not Sean Spicer. The media-CNN, BBC, NBC, NYTimes, Wash Post, and Yahoo news is not your friend.

djsunyc
2/16/2017  8:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2017  8:10 PM
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/16/upshot/republican-health-proposal-would-redirect-money-from-poor-to-rich.html

Republican Health Proposal Would Redirect Money From Poor to Rich

Republicans in Congress have been saying for months that they are working on a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare in the Trump era. Now we have the outline of that plan, and it looks as if it would redirect federal support away from poorer Americans and toward people who are wealthier.

A white paper drafted by House leadership and the staff of the House and Senate committees that oversee health policy details a structure that could replace large sections of the Affordable Care Act. Crucially, the proposal largely contains provisions that could be passed through a special budget process that requires only 50 Senate votes, and fulfills President Trump’s promise that the repeal and replacement of the law would take place “simultaneously.”

The plan would make major changes in how health care is financed for Americans who don’t get coverage from work. It would greatly expand the number of Americans who could benefit from federal help in buying health insurance, but it would change who benefits most from that support.

Obamacare, as the A.C.A. is known, extended health coverage to 20 million Americans through two main mechanisms. It expanded Medicaid coverage to Americans below or just above the poverty line in states that participated, and it offered income-based tax credits for middle-income people to buy their own insurance. Obamacare was a redistributive law, transferring money from rich to poor.

The Republican plan would alter both of those programs, changing the winners and losers. It would substantially cut funding for states in providing free insurance to low-income adults through Medicaid. And it would change how tax credits are distributed by giving all Americans not covered through work a flat credit by age, regardless of income.

That means that the biggest financial benefits would go to older Americans, like, say, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson. If he didn’t have a job in the Trump cabinet and access to government coverage, a 64-year-old multimillionaire like him would get the same amount of financial assistance as someone his age, living in poverty, and he would get substantially more money than a poor, young person.

The idea of matching tax credits to age makes some sense. Older people tend to have higher medical bills, and insurers, even under Affordable Care Act rules, charge them substantially higher prices. The new plan would also simplify the current system, which requires verifying every applicant’s income and then giving just the right amount of financial assistance. It would also eliminate incentives for low-income people to avoid earning more (higher earners can face a reduction in benefits).

But the current system is set up to ensure that low and middle-income Americans can afford the cost of their premiums. The Republican plan would not do that, and would result in many more low-income people losing out on coverage if they couldn’t find the money to pay the gap between their fixed tax credit and the cost of a health plan.

Older people without employer-based insurance typically earn more than young people, who tend to be starting out in their careers. It’s hard to know precisely how many people would lose coverage under this proposal because it’s missing some numbers. But similar tax credit plans from House Speaker Paul Ryan and Tom Price, the new secretary of health and human services, would result in millions losing coverage, according to independent estimates. (Mr. Ryan said Thursday in a news conference that the Congressional Budget Office was evaluating the new proposal, which means that we may see firm coverage estimates in the coming weeks.)

The plan includes additional features that redistribute resources from the poor to the rich. It would allow Americans to sock more money away for health spending in special tax-free health savings accounts. The benefits of such accounts fall largely to higher income-people who pay more in taxes, and a recent analysis of current health savings accounts found that they are held disproportionately by families with high earnings. (The white paper is silent on two Obamacare taxes that target wealthier Americans, but other Republican plans have proposed eliminating them. It does eliminate a number of taxes on the health care industry.)

What the plan doesn’t do, currently, is change any of the Obamacare regulations on health insurance that Republicans say drive up the cost. Those rules, including requirements that every plan cover a standard package of benefits, and those requiring companies to charge the same prices to healthy and sick Americans, would stay on the books, because they can’t be easily changed through the budget process.

Changing those rules could make insurance cheaper but would rankle many consumer advocates — and would require separate legislation, with 60 Senate votes. Under this proposal, the health plans would look largely the same, but the way the government helps people pay for them would change.

There’s still a lot subject to change, of course. Congressional leadership has said the bill, once completed, will proceed through committee hearings and amendments. And the politics of passing such legislation, even with Republican control of both houses of Congress, will be a challenge. But this proposal, with the imprint of every major committee working on health care, seems likely to set the terms of the discussion.

I wrote a few weeks ago about how all health policy decisions involve trade-offs, and it will be hard for President Trump to honor his promise of coverage that is “far less expensive and far better” than Obamacare. This plan is a good illustration of those challenges. It’s a simpler, potentially cheaper plan than Obamacare. But it’s far less generous to the poor, and unlikely to provide the health insurance for “everybody” that President Trump envisions.

djsunyc
2/16/2017  8:13 PM
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/16/515608127/transcript-and-analysis-trump-press-conference-on-labor-secretary-russia
gunsnewing
USA
2/16/2017  8:18 PM
holfresh wrote:You said you are going to asked a simple question..He lied, he didn't ask a simple question...Is this for real??????

That was a beautiful moment right out of the gate and set the tone for the rest of the sharks in the media. CNN's Jim Acosta looked like a puppy dog this time around. If Anyone was waivering on their Nov 8 vote they were quickly reminded today who the man they voted for really is.

holfresh

2/16/2017  8:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2017  8:26 PM
gunsnewing wrote:
holfresh wrote:You said you are going to asked a simple question..He lied, he didn't ask a simple question...Is this for real??????

That was a beautiful moment right out of the gate and set the tone for the rest of the sharks in the media. CNN's Jim Acosta looked like a puppy dog this time around. If Anyone was waivering on their Nov 8 vote they were quickly reminded today who the man they voted for really is.

His base seemed to have loved it but the country is more alarmed..His approval rating started at 54% is now at 40%...46% voted for him..Just three weeks in...

The election is over..

gunsnewing
USA
2/16/2017  8:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2017  9:24 PM
Said what he had to be said now back to business. Let the unelected left and the media do what they do best. Ignore them now.
holfresh

2/16/2017  8:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2017  8:39 PM
gunsnewing wrote:Said what he had to say now back to business. Let the unelected left and the media do what they do best. Ignore them now

U do realize all those appearances are just phot ops..Nothing is actually being done..The Dodd-Frank legislation he signed was empty..All it said on the paper is that they will review it..Major roll out and photo op..Hour long photo shoots with CEO across the country..But you are happy and that's his goal..

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
2/16/2017  8:49 PM
holfresh wrote:
gunsnewing wrote:Said what he had to say now back to business. Let the unelected left and the media do what they do best. Ignore them now

U do realize all those appearances are just phot ops..Nothing is actually being done..The Dodd-Frank legislation he signed was empty..All it said on the paper is that they will review it..Major roll out and photo op..Hour long photo shoots with CEO across the country..But you are happy and that's his goal..

Smoke and Mirrors. Trump is dangling the shinny objects in front of his followers and they are eating it up. He hasn't done much of anything of consequence. The hard work and real tough decisions are coming for him and then we'll see what he's really made of. So far his Administration has been a DISASTER!!! Only a complete Trump zealot would not be able to see just how bad his Presidency has been already.

holfresh

2/16/2017  8:52 PM
nixluva wrote:
holfresh wrote:

Smoke and Mirrors. Trump is dangling the shinny objects in front of his followers and they are eating it up. He hasn't done much of anything of consequence. The hard work and real tough decisions are coming for him and then we'll see what he's really made of. So far his Administration has been a DISASTER!!! Only a complete Trump zealot would not be able to see just how bad his Presidency has been already.

It's like a daily apprentice show..When will he slow down and learn how things really work?

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

2/16/2017  8:54 PM
I have to admit I have no issues with the approach he seems to be advocating for the middle east. The West has tried to broker a two state solution for the last 80 years and it hasn't worked. Getting the Arab states involved to broker a solution that is acceptable to both parties is not a bad idea. It's actually refreshing to see something new being tried. Now if it turns out all this is just a front to force an Israeli occupation of Palestine by strong-arming them into a Jewish dominated one state solution - then I will walk these comments back.

OK - I have an issue with Kushner being Netanyahu's pet dog in the WH, but other than that..

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
djsunyc
2/16/2017  8:59 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have to admit I have no issues with the approach he seems to be advocating for the middle east. The West has tried to broker a two state solution for the last 80 years and it hasn't worked. Getting the Arab states involved to broker a solution that is acceptable to both parties is not a bad idea. It's actually refreshing to see something new being tried. Now if it turns out all this is just a front to force an Israeli occupation of Palestine by strong-arming them into a Jewish dominated one state solution - then I will walk these comments back.

OK - I have an issue with Kushner being Netanyahu's pet dog in the WH, but other than that..

what does your gut say?

OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy