Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
1/28/2017  5:13 PM
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

1/28/2017  5:18 PM
A proud moment in American history...Just sickening...
djsunyc
1/28/2017  5:19 PM
so...when is trump going to take the country into war to steal the oil in iraq? less than 6 months?
holfresh

1/28/2017  5:20 PM
We used to own the moral high ground..Now we are just like them....
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/28/2017  5:23 PM
djsunyc wrote:so...when is trump going to take the country into war to steal the oil in iraq? less than 6 months?

I've been thinking that Bannon and Trump will try to cook up a war somewhere soon - it's the only thing to try to up his terrible approval rating.

This Muslim ban is one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from America.

¿ △ ?
djsunyc
1/28/2017  5:29 PM
crzymdups wrote:
djsunyc wrote:so...when is trump going to take the country into war to steal the oil in iraq? less than 6 months?

I've been thinking that Bannon and Trump will try to cook up a war somewhere soon - it's the only thing to try to up his terrible approval rating.

This Muslim ban is one of the most despicable things I've ever seen from America.

GOP wanted this type of ban for a while and now trump did it with an exec order. that's why all the GOP are backing trump - this is their agenda right now. if trump dies tomorrow, pence will step right in an continue on this terrible path but i actually think that would be a bit more scarier b/c he would do it w/o the tv show nonsense leaving americans in the dark.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
1/28/2017  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2017  7:30 PM
djsunyc wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

GOP wanted this type of ban for a while and now trump did it with an exec order. that's why all the GOP are backing trump - this is their agenda right now. if trump dies tomorrow, pence will step right in an continue on this terrible path but i actually think that would be a bit more scarier b/c he would do it w/o the tv show nonsense leaving americans in the dark.

The Suni/Shia religions war is getting steam and it will not get better.
The situation with world political affairs is very similar with pre-WW2.
America will try to stay out of it as long as possible and will close the borders for refuges fleeing the war-torn countries.
People who get fixated on Trump cannot see the forest behind the trees.
EU, Russia, and China are all to close to be able to escape the carnage.
UK is breaking from EU to stay out and will sick our protection.
History is spiraling back into the era of chaos and destruction.
Most of Americans will support any measures to close up the borders and Trump get it first and capitalized on the situation.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
djsunyc
1/28/2017  7:46 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/28/university-michigan-defies-trump-refusing-release-immigration-status-students.html

While some major universities are advising their students that they are studying Trump’s Muslim ban, the University of Michigan released a statement on Saturday that flatly refused to release the immigration status of their students. The Maize and Blue isn’t playing along with Trump’s Muslim prejudice.

In a statement, the University reiterated their policy on non-discrimination, privacy, and public safety:

– The University of Michigan welcomes and supports students without regard to their immigration status. We will continue to admit students in a manner consistent with our non-discrimination policy. Once students are admitted, the university is committed to fostering an environment in which each student can flourish.

– The university complies with federal requirements associated with managing its international programs. Otherwise, the university does not share sensitive information like immigration status.

– Campus police do not inquire about or record immigration status when performing their duties.

– In accordance with federal law, the enforcement of immigration law rests with Immigration and Customs Enforcement and Customs and Border Protection. Campus police will not partner with federal, state, or other local law enforcement agencies to enforce federal immigration law except when required to do so by law.

– The university maintains a strong commitment to the privacy of student records for all students, consistent with state and federal laws. We do not provide information on immigration status to anyone except when required by law.

– The university offers in-state tuition to undocumented students who meet certain conditions.

– The university offers confidential counseling services to all students.
Trump’s illegal Muslim ban is an act of terror against students who are in this country legally to get an education. Universities across the country are scrambling to reassure students and prevent them from leaving the country.
International students add valuable skills to US workforces both at home and abroad. Trump’s actions will damage the US economy.

More universities need to follow the lead of the University of Michigan and a take a clear and unambiguous stand against this executive order. The Trump administration is trying to create a culture of legal prejudice against Muslims. It is time to the academic world to join the resistance.

VCoug
Member: #1406

1/28/2017  8:47 PM
These actions by the Trump administration are disgusting and embarrassing. He's a week into his administration and he's well on his way to being one of the worst presidents of all time.
Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
holfresh

1/28/2017  8:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2017  8:50 PM
arkrud wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

The Suni/Shia religions war is getting steam and it will not get better.
The situation with world political affairs is very similar with pre-WW2.
America will try to stay out of it as long as possible and will close the borders for refuges fleeing the war-torn countries.
People who get fixated on Trump cannot see the forest behind the trees.
EU, Russia, and China are all to close to be able to escape the carnage.
UK is breaking from EU to stay out and will sick our protection.
History is spiraling back into the era of chaos and destruction.
Most of Americans will support any measures to close up the borders and Trump get it first and capitalized on the situation.

And we know you didn't benefit from the generosity of the US as a sanctuary to those whose lives may be danger due to war or religious persecution..

stanleybostitch
Member: #1071

1/28/2017  10:09 PM
Not much to add aside from my outrage, my anger, my embarrassment at the clown show Trump is making America. How about a few new mottos...

Make America...more like Russia!
Make America Great Again...Comrade!
Make America Great Again (except for you guys over there. And those other guys. And the people who hang out over there...)

<rant>I am not a conspiracy guy, but I would not in the least be surprised if the Russians have some pretty damning footage of Trump. Sex parties, pedophilia, rape, etc. The only thing Trump cares about is his name and respect, and the Russians could be holding him over a huge barrel. And Trump is scumbag enough to trade our country for his name. </endrant>

The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
VCoug

1/28/2017  10:23 PM
Thank God for the ACLU

Now the joy of my world is in Zion How beautiful if nothing more Than to wait at Zion's door I've never been in love like this before Now let me pray to keep you from The perils that will surely come
crzymdups
USA
1/28/2017  10:35 PM
VCoug wrote:Thank God for the ACLU

Temporary block... but it's a good start.

I sent the ACLU some money today.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/28/2017  10:36 PM
djsunyc wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I thought that at first - and I still think Pence and Paul Ryan would be terrible... but I don't think they'd have Steve Bannon on their National Security Council - that's Trump. Bannon is out to literally destroy the world and has said as much.

¿ △ ?
VCoug

1/28/2017  11:01 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah. I double my monthly donation to $20/month. It's not much but it's something.

crzymdups
USA
1/28/2017  11:02 PM
VCoug wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Yeah. I double my monthly donation to $20/month. It's not much but it's something.

I'm at $10 per month recurring, so you beat me. I sent them $50 today as a one time thing.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

1/28/2017  11:29 PM
It's starting in earnest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aegis/ph-ag-immigration-0127-20170126-story.html

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

1/28/2017  11:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 1/28/2017  11:41 PM
VCoug wrote:These actions by the Trump administration are disgusting and embarrassing. He's a week into his administration and he's well on his way to being one of the worst presidents of all time.

I am kinda interested in hearing his supporters on this forum address these actions. The ones that kept saying some of the extreme stuff in the campaign was just talk etc. But I doubt we would hear from them.

I also wish hackers would start getting into Kremlin archives and start releasing the stuff the Russians may have on Trumpovic and Melaniskaya

meloshouldgo

1/28/2017  11:51 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:It's starting in earnest

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/harford/aegis/ph-ag-immigration-0127-20170126-story.html

AND THIS

http://time.com/4652725/texas-mosque-fire/

VCoug

1/28/2017  11:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
VCoug wrote:These actions by the Trump administration are disgusting and embarrassing. He's a week into his administration and he's well on his way to being one of the worst presidents of all time.

I am kinda interested in hearing his supporters on this forum address these actions. The ones that kept saying some of the extreme stuff in the campaign was just talk etc. But I doubt we would hear from them.

I also wish hackers would start getting into Kremlin archives and start releasing the stuff the Russians may have on Trumpovic and Melaniskaya

If it's anything like interactions I've had with trump supporters on other sites it'll be something along the lines of: Lol, lieberal tears. Trump won. Get over it. MAGA

OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy