Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
12/8/2016  10:39 AM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Amazon is planning on rolling out supermarkets with no cashiers...Now a multi-billion dollar company with millions in revenues quarterly can't cover a cashier's salary??..Come on, I think this is a bridge too far...I will boycott Amazon supermarkets if this happens and hope the word gets out and creates a movement across all industries...Might be time to start supporting family run businesses again...

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/forum.asp?f=2
I can agree with you here. I'm moving most of my Amazon purchases to Ebay, funny, I thought of that a few days ago because Bezos owns the Wash Post and I just don't like these corporate connections to our news. And I just don't like the profit first mentality. Maybe we got it wrong and it is the future but these companies seem too self interested. Where are these profits going.

And now that Trump won I am going to be more critical of him, no free pass. In particular I am worred about Mnuchin, will be watching that close. Don't want that Dakota Access pipeline either.

The fact that profit is involved creates accountability..They have something to lose when telling lies..The sites you visit have nothing to lose...They can lie and there are no repercussions..They are expected to lie...

Lets be careful with this new "fake news" narrative being pushed by the "real news" agencies. Its an attempt to diminish smaller voices. IF the real sources are all reporting the same thing and that is what is being pushed following an agenda how "real" is it?

IN other words, all voices need to be heard. The big ones calling out the little ones as "fake" is nothing less than bullying and slander. The "real" news was telling us there was no way DJT could win. It was the "fake" news that actually had it right.

IMO, ALL news is "fake" these days. What I mean is that it is calculated, crafted and shaped to fit the agenda that the source is projecting. Are there any objective journalists anymore? How do we verify them?

As consumers of news, we must educate ourselves and verify! Too may of us are blindly accepting what they tell us.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/8/2016  10:40 AM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:This country is already divided into different sides. Trump and the Republicans have no escape goat now. The things they are about to do will not go unnoticed by the American people as they have. Most Americans don't realize that the Republicans ran out the clock and put the breaks on the economy just so they could win elections.

They purposefully wrecked government so that voters would become angry and blame the Dems. It WORKED!!! Now they have power again and will do what they always do. Totally SCREW the people. Trump is setting things up nicely. He sold his voters a bunch of snake oil. He hasn't drained the swamp at all. He populated it with ELITES and power brokers that have a history of screwing the average joe.

I am glad you see the truth.
So wait for the ricochet...
Reps may screw the people but Dems already did.
Look what they have done - Trump is POTUS

I'm not saying that Dems are perfect. NO perfect political system exists. However, when comparing what the Dems and Progressives in general have done for people there is no comparison. The policies in favor of helping people are heavily weighted in favor of the Dems. Perhaps you simply don't give a shyte enough to notice, but for those of us who do pay attention and have paid attention it matters.
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/8/2016  11:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  11:02 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Amazon is planning on rolling out supermarkets with no cashiers...Now a multi-billion dollar company with millions in revenues quarterly can't cover a cashier's salary??..Come on, I think this is a bridge too far...I will boycott Amazon supermarkets if this happens and hope the word gets out and creates a movement across all industries...Might be time to start supporting family run businesses again...

I can agree with you here. I'm moving most of my Amazon purchases to Ebay, funny, I thought of that a few days ago because Bezos owns the Wash Post and I just don't like these corporate connections to our news. And I just don't like the profit first mentality. Maybe we got it wrong and it is the future but these companies seem too self interested. Where are these profits going.

And now that Trump won I am going to be more critical of him, no free pass. In particular I am worred about Mnuchin, will be watching that close. Don't want that Dakota Access pipeline either.

The fact that profit is involved creates accountability..They have something to lose when telling lies..The sites you visit have nothing to lose...They can lie and there are no repercussions..They are expected to lie...

Lets be careful with this new "fake news" narrative being pushed by the "real news" agencies. Its an attempt to diminish smaller voices. IF the real sources are all reporting the same thing and that is what is being pushed following an agenda how "real" is it?

IN other words, all voices need to be heard. The big ones calling out the little ones as "fake" is nothing less than bullying and slander. The "real" news was telling us there was no way DJT could win. It was the "fake" news that actually had it right.

IMO, ALL news is "fake" these days. What I mean is that it is calculated, crafted and shaped to fit the agenda that the source is projecting. Are there any objective journalists anymore? How do we verify them?

As consumers of news, we must educate ourselves and verify! Too may of us are blindly accepting what they tell us.

Big or small news outlets, you are exposed when you are caught lying which is what is happening with those smaller "news" site...So saying everyone has an agenda isn't quite enough..Proving your charges is another story...

All voices can be heard through various internet sources..The thing is, when you are smaller you don't get too many chances to slip up...Smaller voices can and should be more scrutinized because they can be easily infiltrated by folks with agenda, which we have been seeing...

The problem comes about when you promote a candidate that openly spreads disinformation and you want all media to hold true to their statements...You should hold everyone accountable...

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
12/8/2016  11:56 AM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:Popular vote Hillary up 2.621 million and counting...

Will that change the 306 to 232 Electoral count?

No but it's making a case for why the electoral college system should be scrapped...

But obviously the Electoral college is trying to create some equality. Aren't we a Constitutional Republic and not a Democracy?
Look at this picture. Trump absolutely dominated on a State by State basis. The idea is not to have the population of e.g. CA, NY decide the outcome for all the States.
Perhaps some adjustment in the EC can be argued but scrapping it?

We are a democracy in the sense that we have freedom of speech, freedom to assemble and freedom practice our religion...The electoral college is about maintaining inequality in Washington...The map you posted is about land mass not about people or voters...As more people get educated, they will migrate to states that have jobs suited for their education...Our legislators doesn't want voters who are educated voting nor their votes to count, they want people they can manipulate...This system was set up 250 years ago and we act like the constitution was a divine document...We don't trust our legislators of today for more than 4 years but we trust legislators of 250 years ago to see 100s of years into the future...

Let's look at the Senate where Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and West Virginia combined have a total population of 4 million people with 8 Senators..They have more voting power than California, New York and Texas combined which have 6 Senators and 86 million people...How is that democratic???..90% of the population want gun legislation changed and we can't get it done..It's a rigged system...It can't be ignore anymore...

I will be ignored again because you do not like arguments which kills you cool theories.
The voting system designed to facilitate the Federal nature of Unites States.
Every state is independent entity which agreed to be a part of the Union on specific terms including the voting system as it is.
People on every state want to have major say on how they want to be.
If you want to redefine this order you have to break the Union and ask States to reconsider on new terms.
Do you really want this to happened and do you think that States are different politically enough to became independent countries?

You won't be ignored,,You never responded when I asked what does the term "federal nature" of the United States mean?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_government_of_the_United_States

The United States government is based on the principles of federalism and republicanism, in which power is shared between the federal government and state governments. The interpretation and execution of these principles, including what powers the federal government should have and how those powers can be exercised, have been debated ever since the adoption of the Constitution. Some make the case for expansive federal powers while others argue for a more limited role for the central government in relation to individuals, the states or other recognized entities.

Also on federalism:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalism_in_the_United_States

USA Republic is unique political structure which in my view is the most successful to time in history of human civilization.
Before tearing it apart because of the preferences and opinions of various groups of population who can be unsatisfied with certain tendencies and realities they need to think twice on what they want to use in place of it.
We all need to concentrate on things which brings us together not tearing us apart.
I understand all-American desire to be a winner. And many feel that they are the losing side after this elections.
But the real strength of a human being to be great in defeat. It is easy to be cool when always winning.
Nobody does. And when someone lose you can see what this person made of.

Ok..You were referring to State powers versus federal powers..Well in that case, I submit to you that the fact that States have so much power over their own governance where the Federal government can't intervene is even MORE REASON why the system should be more equatable..There is absolutely no reason why a person living in Wyoming's vote should be worth more than a person in New York..Absolutely no reason...I have stated this before, as more people get college degrees, they gravitate to states that have the jobs which suits their particular skills...Those jobs are more often in blue States than not..Our fore fathers could not have foreseen this..They aren't magicians, they were humans, I think...The current system is not fair to all Americans...It's not about winning and losing, it's about every vote should have equal weight and every vote should count..We live in a system where every vote does not count or certain parts of the country make laws that infringes on the entire country...This can't be the essence of a good democracy...Saying it's the best system that currently exist doesn't mean it's fair..It means it's pretty sad...

Look at what we are talking about here..We are arguing that all votes in "supposedly the greatest democracy on earth" should count...And you are saying no all votes shouldn't count..

You have some very simplistic view of the world.
Yes, world in not fair and it will never be.
There are things which much more important that fairness for all people who live now not talking about it is impossible to please everyone.
The most important things is to ensure that future generations will leave in piece and prosperity and for this stability is paramount.
Many things are and should be sacrificed and many compromises made to ensure this.
Human race goes with things that work and then it is progressing.
And when some go with utopian shortcuts they are bound to death and destruction.

Sine you have a great understanding of the World, I just want your insights on the United States..What does fair elections have to do with future generations?..What is at risk here?

As I mentioned multiple times in my opinion its a road to breaking US into multiple antagonistic countries.
I consider this direction bad. What about you? You entitled to have other opinion.

That is a cop out argument..It requires no thought or insight...

It is always come to opinion at the end.
I stated my and reasons for why I have a concern.
You try to avoid the choice between reality which is imperfect and possibility which is much worth.
I can understand this. This is in true nature of human being.
This is exactly why society have to be govern by people who have something to lose regardless how they get it.
This how human race survive the imperfection of each human being.

What you are saying has nothing to do with reality but only your perception of how things should be governed..No doubt influenced by your background..You have no proof of anything you say to claim it's reality..Men living in prison all their lives usually have difficulty dealing with freedom..It's usually their own reality not everyone's reality..

Reality is our perception about the world.
We as human beings knew no other reality.
There is no everyone's reality, there is only your reality.
You seems to have a hard time to accept the reality you perceive.
I have no problems with this. World is beautiful.

I don't have a hard time at all accepting reality, after all I think I'm pointing it out in our conversations..Nothing have to be accepted, these things can be changed as our difficult history have illustrated..So you can sit around accepting your situation and your perceived reality...I'll opt to work for change...In this country, we feel we can change anything...

I think its admirable.
Change by itself zo is not a self-fulfilling prophesy.
Change which is well thought and not sacrificing future for this fill good minute is good.
Every change, even with the best intentions can have a dire consequences.
As saying goes "Measure 10 times then cut once...".
Obviously applying this to politics the public debate is this measurement process.
As we are doing changes as a law-making process they always can be adjusted or rolled back if backfire.
This can be frustrating for those who want change for the sake of change but its in fact a blessing and incredible strength of our political system.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
12/8/2016  12:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  12:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:This country is already divided into different sides. Trump and the Republicans have no escape goat now. The things they are about to do will not go unnoticed by the American people as they have. Most Americans don't realize that the Republicans ran out the clock and put the breaks on the economy just so they could win elections.

They purposefully wrecked government so that voters would become angry and blame the Dems. It WORKED!!! Now they have power again and will do what they always do. Totally SCREW the people. Trump is setting things up nicely. He sold his voters a bunch of snake oil. He hasn't drained the swamp at all. He populated it with ELITES and power brokers that have a history of screwing the average joe.

I am glad you see the truth.
So wait for the ricochet...
Reps may screw the people but Dems already did.
Look what they have done - Trump is POTUS

I'm not saying that Dems are perfect. NO perfect political system exists. However, when comparing what the Dems and Progressives in general have done for people there is no comparison. The policies in favor of helping people are heavily weighted in favor of the Dems. Perhaps you simply don't give a shyte enough to notice, but for those of us who do pay attention and have paid attention it matters.

I do not believe helping people for political gains.
In my opinion this should be done through de-politicized charities anonymously so no one knows from where help came.
As per helping people over social protection laws the system we have established by all political sides together works pretty well taking into account the level of wealth our society reached.
Can we do better and put better law in place. Absolutely.
What can help to do this? Finding the common ground between all sides evolved. Nothing else.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/8/2016  12:13 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Can you answer my question? Can others post about it but not me? They are and you don't say anything.
Either ban everyone posting about it or no-one, not just me.

EMS, you are the only one posting gutter-level conspiracy theories. And quite frankly your reasoning regarding what others are posting reminds me of how children who are aged 10 or less try to deflect blame away from themselves.

I am addressing you and your bald-faced awful posts in regards to this particular topic - a charge of pedophilia is a high high high serious matter and should be treated that way.

Your other posts also leave a LOT to be desired.

Mostly I don't think you understand either of the above and want it to stop. I don't want to waste any more time on this.

Gutter-level? Did you look at the picture? They are identical. What is wrong with investigating something?
You said pedophilia is a high high high serious matter and I totally agree. And I post those pictures and you don't even mention them? Seriously, how can you not comment on that?
I even gave the terms to search for and you just shut it down.

And my posts lately have in part been correcting others (e.g. Holfresh's false Boing post - no reply btw, questioning Bonns' job numbers about Obama) and giving some great new information, like about the 50,000 new jobs. Might be 100,000 actually with Foxcomm. And not being personal.

For a mod, you sure do a lot of name calling and seem to make things personal. Is that the best way to deal with a situation? Ask questions. If something is wrong that I say, discredit it, don't say conspiracy theory or name call. You never answered my question regarding this. And you really are not answering my question here either. And you give no proof, you just name call "conspiracy theory". That isn't research, that isn't digging, that is just shutting something down. And that is what MSM is doing here, just saying "Fake News" but it is making people dig deeper cause they are being told not to look. That is why it is going viral.

I'll follow your special rules. I just hope others like Walt do too.

Excuse me???!

Please show me the "conspiracies" I'm pushing. I'm not the gullible one. I'm not the one on my knees in front of Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson, Assange or all the conspiranuts who spurt out the fake news you seem to swallow on a regular basis and vomit onto this site.

Martin is not talking about the use, or misuse of statistics to prove this or that, he's talking about the extremist idiotic lies, misinformation, and disinformation that you seem to spend a lot of time "researching."

If I say something about Trump being a liar...its because he's said something that has been determined to be a lie. If I say you can't believe much of what he says it is because he has rarely made statments without including a fair number of exaggerations, or as he called it in Art of the Deal, "Truthful Hyperbole." If I call him a sexual abuser, its because 12 women accused him of such. If I call him a fraud, it is because he settled a fraud case and is paying a penalty for breaking NYS education law. You will know when I'm giving an opinion, and not factual info.

Most outrageous thing I do is the graphic cartoons I make of Trump using the nude anatomically correct statue of him that was found all over NYC months ago, but nothing I include in those cartoons is untrue.

I've lost it with you because you are frequently irrational, and seem to be approaching the status of the people Trump was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on the street and not lose a vote. You want to be a tool and a fool, fine, but don't ever equate me with you, because there is no comparison to be made.

I'm critical of many things but I'm a strict rational empiricist, who is also an atheist. I put faith in my mind, evidence, and the scientific method, and if I was to fall for a manufactured and false "conspiracy" I would be pissed off AT MYSELF, not the liar who put out the conspiracy.

DO NOT equate what I believe and say and HOW I COME TO BELIEVE SOMETHING, with the conspiratorial feces you throw out here and your total lack of critical thinking and childish naivete. Go onto your Daily Stormer forum or subreddit, or 4Chan, InfoWars, or whatever Bigfoot source you get you crap from and continue to enjoy the idiotic circle jerk you and your conspiracy friends regularly participate in, but any admonitions made to you by the mods have little to do with me because you are not going to see me putting out the misinformation/disinformation you consume and get excited over.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2016  12:16 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:Can you answer my question? Can others post about it but not me? They are and you don't say anything.

EMS, you are the only one posting gutter-level conspiracy theories. And quite frankly your reasoning regarding what others are posting reminds me of how children who are aged 10 or less try to deflect blame away from themselves.

I am addressing you and your bald-faced awful posts in regards to this particular topic - a charge of pedophilia is a high high high serious matter and should be treated that way.

Mostly I don't think you understand either of the above and want it to stop. I don't want to waste any more time on this.

Gutter-level? Did you look at the picture? They are identical. What is wrong with investigating something?
You said pedophilia is a high high high serious matter and I totally agree. And I post those pictures and you don't even mention them? Seriously, how can you not comment on that?

And my posts lately have in part been correcting others (e.g. Holfresh's false Boing post - no reply btw, questioning Bonns' job numbers about Obama) and giving some great new information, like about the 50,000 new jobs. Might be 100,000 actually with Foxcomm. And not being personal.

For a mod, you sure do a lot of name calling and seem to make things personal. Is that the best way to deal with a situation? Ask questions. If something is wrong that I say, discredit it, don't say conspiracy theory or name call. You never answered my question regarding this. And you really are not answering my question here either. And you give no proof, you just name call "conspiracy theory". That isn't research, that isn't digging, that is just shutting something down. And that is what MSM is doing here, just saying "Fake News" but it is making people dig deeper cause they are being told not to look. That is why it is going viral.

Excuse me???!

Please show me the "conspiracies" I'm pushing. I'm not the gullible one. I'm not the one on my knees in front of Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson, Assange or all the conspiranuts who spurt out the fake news you seem to swallow on a regular basis and vomit onto this site.

Martin is not talking about the use, or misuse of statistics to prove this or that, he's talking about the extremist idiotic lies, misinformation, and disinformation that you seem to spend a lot of time "researching."

If I say something about Trump being a liar...its because he's said something that has been determined to be a lie. If I say you can't believe much of what he says it is because he has rarely made statments without including a fair number of exaggerations, or as he called it in Art of the Deal, "Truthful Hyperbole." If I call him a sexual abuser, its because 12 women accused him of such. If I call him a fraud, it is because he settled a fraud case and is paying a penalty for breaking NYS education law. You will know when I'm giving an opinion, and not factual info.

Most outrageous thing I do is the graphic cartoons I make of Trump using the nude anatomically correct statue of him that was found all over NYC months ago, but nothing I include in those cartoons is untrue.

I've lost it with you because you are frequently irrational, and seem to be approaching the status of the people Trump was talking about when he said he could shoot someone on the street and not lose a vote. You want to be a tool and a fool, fine, but don't ever equate me with you, because there is no comparison to be made.

I'm critical of many things but I'm a strict rational empiricist, who is also an atheist. I put faith in my mind, evidence, and the scientific method, and if I was to fall for a manufactured and false "conspiracy" I would be pissed off AT MYSELF, not the liar who put out the conspiracy.

DO NOT equate what I believe and say and HOW I COME TO BELIEVE SOMETHING, with the conspiratorial feces you throw out here and your total lack of critical thinking and childish naivete. Go onto your Daily Stormer forum or subreddit, or 4Chan, InfoWars, or whatever Bigfoot source you get you crap from and continue to enjoy the idiotic circle jerk you and your conspiracy friends regularly participate in, but any admonitions made to you by the mods have little to do with me because you are not going to see me putting out the misinformation/disinformation you consume and get excited over.

Walt, 100% agree with you.

EMS, let's you and I take this offline and I'd ask you again to stop posting in this thread.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
12/8/2016  12:23 PM
holfresh wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

Big or small news outlets, you are exposed when you are caught lying which is what is happening with those smaller "news" site...So saying everyone has an agenda isn't quite enough..Proving your charges is another story...

All voices can be heard through various internet sources..The thing is, when you are smaller you don't get too many chances to slip up...Smaller voices can and should be more scrutinized because they can be easily infiltrated by folks with agenda, which we have been seeing...

The problem comes about when you promote a candidate that openly spreads disinformation and you want all media to hold true to their statements...You should hold everyone accountable...

I think there was sufficient evidence in the Podesta emails to show that the "real" media is biased just as much as the "fake". Let's add to the evidence a smiling, champagne sipping Wolf Blitzer at the Democratic National Convention when HRC was officially nominated. He was not alone there so I suspect there were more esteemed members of the media, which I did not recognize. IMO, that is wrong and shows a lack of journalistic credibility.

I think the "Real" media posing as objective is more dangerous than a guy like Alex Jones. People expect Jones to slant his stuff so they are aware and research it or at least go to verify it. Its harder for his stories, even if totally factual, to get time. On the other hand, CNN is supposed to be objective so they are believed more easily thus giving their stories more credibility when in fact they at could be as biased as Alex Jones.

holfresh

12/8/2016  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  1:03 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

I completely missed this...I only noticed you being chastised by another poster and my name stood out, AGAIN..Bro, look these things up yourself..It's very easy..I got the 1.65 billion from Boeing themselves as they reported to several reputable financial websites like Reuters, CNBC and Yahoo finance...I saw it in those three places...And that figure was reported as the news broke..It was only later the figures were adjust to 2.7 billion later in the afternoon and 3.2 billion the following day...But Boeing is still reporting 2.7 billion...By the way no one still knows where Trump is getting 4 billion from...But you will never question his figures...

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/trumps-air-force-one-tweet-143753937.html

In January, Boeing won a contract to start preliminary work on a new Air Force One program. The Air Force awarded Boeing an initial contract worth nearly $26 million to reduce risk and lower cost, Reuters reported. The Air Force has previously said that it planned $1.65 billion for two replacement jets, Reuters reported.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/boeing-shares-slide-after-trump-says-air-force-ones-cost-out-of-control.html

holfresh

12/8/2016  12:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/8/2016  1:11 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

I think there was sufficient evidence in the Podesta emails to show that the "real" media is biased just as much as the "fake". Let's add to the evidence a smiling, champagne sipping Wolf Blitzer at the Democratic National Convention when HRC was officially nominated. He was not alone there so I suspect there were more esteemed members of the media, which I did not recognize. IMO, that is wrong and shows a lack of journalistic credibility.

I think the "Real" media posing as objective is more dangerous than a guy like Alex Jones. People expect Jones to slant his stuff so they are aware and research it or at least go to verify it. Its harder for his stories, even if totally factual, to get time. On the other hand, CNN is supposed to be objective so they are believed more easily thus giving their stories more credibility when in fact they at could be as biased as Alex Jones.

I would bet money that there were CNN reporters at Trump's nomination as well...Thats how it works, there is a pool of reporters that follow the candidates ever step from day one..But you guys think its a conspiracy..Amazing...

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/16/qa-what-is-the-press-pool-and-what-does-it-do/
Q&A: What Is the Press Pool and What Does It Do?

On Tuesday night, President-elect Donald Trump left Trump Tower without his press pool, drawing complaints from the group of journalists assigned to travel with him and report on his movements and activities.

Mr. Trump left his Manhattan home for a dinner at the 21 Club in New York City. This was a surprise, as spokeswoman Hope Hicks had told reporters earlier that he wasn’t going to be leaving his home that night. During the campaign, Mr. Trump restricted press pool access and has twice traveled as president-elect without the press pool.

But that's where "fake news" come into play..Trying to say that Wolf Blitzer is partying at Convention when most reporters are there doing the same thing...Also at Trump's Convention too..By the way these reporters get close to the candidates as well and talk to them on a personal level..Books have been written about this stuff...

earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
12/8/2016  2:46 PM
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

The viewership of CNN, NY Times, etc. is dying. Honestly, there is talk of some MSM news going under.
But I'm sure they can be kept afloat as well. No matter which angle, propaganda can be considered an advertising cost.

Anyway, there is a reason MSM is attacking alt media, people are tuning more into the latter. We have a choice.

The sites I visit have nothing to lose? I often go to Reddit, they are a for profit company. If you are talking about Infowars (not that I go there), they have more viewership than much of mainstream. Trump even was on Alex Jones' show and to see they just lie, well, how would you know if you don't go? I have checked a few stories and they often were first (or the only site) to report it.

See, people actually are supporting the alt sites. Investigative journalists like James Corbett, David Seaman, etc. they make a living from donations. So, not sure what you mean by "nothing to lose", everyone has bills.

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
earthmansurfer
Germany
12/8/2016  2:55 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

EMS, let's you and I take this offline and I'd ask you again to stop posting in this thread.

Last I read, you said not to post about #PizzaGate. I stopped doing that. Other people started and I replied (and asked you in my reply if it was ok - you attacked me). You told me again to stop and I asked "Just me or everyone?". That seemed to piss you off. And you never replied to my post about you actually modding people. Seriously, are you a mod here of just an opinionated owner? (And I don't mean that against you, really, I can't figure it out, you clearly take sides. e.g. Anti President Elect)

Now I am banned from this thread?

The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
earthmansurfer
Germany
12/8/2016  2:56 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

Don't want you to think I am not replying Walt, but I just found out I am (again) not allowed to.

meloanyk
Member: #5615

12/8/2016  3:04 PM
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

Why ban earthman from this political thread, one created within a basketball forum, given such an informed and educated group. Appears that the vast majority share similar trains of thought and profess to know the facts. As such, shouldn't they be able to filter and separate what is true and what is fiction especially coming from one singular poster? Seems to me that earthman why certainly annoying to some is simply an unwelcomed guest who disturbs the harmony of group sessions. If one chooses they can easily skip his posts instead of censoring him as there is plenty of slanted information happening in every medium including here.

arkrud
USA
12/8/2016  3:38 PM
meloanyk wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

Why ban earthman from this political thread, one created within a basketball forum, given such an informed and educated group. Appears that the vast majority share similar trains of thought and profess to know the facts. As such, shouldn't they be able to filter and separate what is true and what is fiction especially coming from one singular poster? Seems to me that earthman why certainly annoying to some is simply an unwelcomed guest who disturbs the harmony of group sessions. If one chooses they can easily skip his posts instead of censoring him as there is plenty of slanted information happening in every medium including here.

Nobody at the oath here to "Say truth and only truth".
I guess it is about enjoying the conversation.
If some poster rains on majority parade he is getting fired upon by firing squad.
In a way it is understandable.
People virtually come together to "...forget about this life for a while" and here it comes this annoying dude...
Personally I will stand for everyone to be listen to except of course this person crossing the line with profanity, personal insults, deteriorateary remarks, unproven accusation of crime directed on specific people. The last one was kind of the case here and Martin politely pointed this out. When not getting the desired result he may go farther in enforcing this as the responsible person for this board.

meloanyk
Member: #5615

12/8/2016  4:16 PM
arkrud wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

If some poster rains on majority parade he is getting fired upon by firing squad.
People virtually come together to "...forget about this life for a while" and here it comes this annoying dude...
Personally I will stand for everyone to be listen to except of course this person crossing the line with profanity, personal insults, deteriorateary remarks, unproven accusation of crime directed on specific people. The last one was kind of the case here and Martin politely pointed this out. When not getting the desired result he may go farther in enforcing this as the responsible person for this board.

Akrud, Ive found the perspective of many here to be disheartening rather than enjoyable so Ive avoided participating in discussion for several months. I must have been living in my own fantasy world in regards to seeing social progress because there was a unpleasant tone here long before Trump. It opened my eyes to certain realities that has led me to somewhat greater understanding of why some hold onto bigoted views. That is a shame.

holfresh

12/8/2016  4:28 PM
earthmansurfer wrote:
holfresh wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:

The viewership of CNN, NY Times, etc. is dying. Honestly, there is talk of some MSM news going under.
But I'm sure they can be kept afloat as well. No matter which angle, propaganda can be considered an advertising cost.

Anyway, there is a reason MSM is attacking alt media, people are tuning more into the latter. We have a choice.

The sites I visit have nothing to lose? I often go to Reddit, they are a for profit company. If you are talking about Infowars (not that I go there), they have more viewership than much of mainstream. Trump even was on Alex Jones' show and to see they just lie, well, how would you know if you don't go? I have checked a few stories and they often were first (or the only site) to report it.

See, people actually are supporting the alt sites. Investigative journalists like James Corbett, David Seaman, etc. they make a living from donations. So, not sure what you mean by "nothing to lose", everyone has bills.

I know the NYTimes had a record number of digital subscription in late 2015...So I was shocked when I saw Trump telling everyone that NYTimes numbers are down..I'm sure it fluctuates but I think overall the NY Times are doing quite well...There are more people reading it today than at any time in it's history, print form included...CNN killed itself with it's format of putting the party operatives against each other to argue live 24/7...I stopped watching that years ago..I tune in for important events, like this past election...So I get it..

I have seen you post stuff from Infowars...I made the mistake of trying to research your post and it was from infowars...So after the UFO stuff and the infowars, I washed my hands...I have grown deeply skeptical about your information...

Ask yourself who is donating to these sites??..What do they have to gain??..The Koch brothers supported the swift boat guys which was one of the first true movements I saw that spew propaganda in the digital age...It has grown exponentially...Now foreign governments could be involved...Anyway, it's your call...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/8/2016  4:41 PM
meloanyk wrote:Why ban earthman from this political thread, one created within a basketball forum, given such an informed and educated group. Appears that the vast majority share similar trains of thought and profess to know the facts. As such, shouldn't they be able to filter and separate what is true and what is fiction especially coming from one singular poster? Seems to me that earthman why certainly annoying to some is simply an unwelcomed guest who disturbs the harmony of group sessions. If one chooses they can easily skip his posts instead of censoring him as there is plenty of slanted information happening in every medium including here.

There is slanted info and then there is spam and I don't want the later and ems pushed enough of that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

12/8/2016  4:45 PM
meloanyk wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

I'm not speaking on Martin's behalf, I'm just trying to give color to what may be going on..There has to be a baseline or a standard of information being passed to keep the conversation at an elevated level..It is very easy to degrade a conversation with misinformation from unsubstantiated sources...

For example I am anti-Trump to the nth degree..In my case, I have seem the story about Trump's trial coming up on December 16th for child rape...It's being reported in the Washington Post, a very reputable paper..I haven't seen any traction about that story..I saw the video of the young lady making the charge and I'm not really convinced that her story is true...MSM isn't running with the story either..I have posted the information twice about the trial and decided not to continue because it's really unsubstantiated although there is a trial date..

EMS doesn't have that filter..He doesn't care where the story is coming from or how true it is..He will find the story and will work a way to present it to you...Some one has to filter that if EMS doesn't want to...If we are going to keep the conversation elevated, there has to be a filter and it should come from ourselves before the moderator gets involved...

arkrud
USA
12/8/2016  4:45 PM
meloanyk wrote:
arkrud wrote:
meloanyk wrote:
martin wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
earthmansurfer wrote:
martin wrote:

Excuse me???!

Akrud, Ive found the perspective of many here to be disheartening rather than enjoyable so Ive avoided participating in discussion for several months. I must have been living in my own fantasy world in regards to seeing social progress because there was a unpleasant tone here long before Trump. It opened my eyes to certain realities that has led me to somewhat greater understanding of why some hold onto bigoted views. That is a shame.

I think the fact that you did gain some knowledge means that even unpleasant discussion has some value.
Gaining knowledge always hard and for the most part unpleasant. But ability then to make use of it bring satisfaction.
That's why I keep posting. The World is amazing place to be and people no matter who they are are the most amazing thing to observe.

OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy