OT: Politics Thread
Author Thread
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

4/6/2017  11:08 PM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
TPercy wrote:But if this is just one strike it seems a bit futile dosen't it? I mean they still got 5 more bases.

Its more of a warning... and most likely directed at Iran, North Korea, and Russia and China by proxy.
Just means the soft politics is over... everyone needs to think before making a move.
Kissinger politics are back in action. Welcome to the Cold War and show of force.
If country is not asserting the force it has - it has no force.

Or it's more of a show for the American people...Russia was told several times thruought the day about when and where the strike would happen, for which I'm sure they told Syria who moved the assets..

Bit of a reach IMO.
They made contact with on ground Russian forces to assure that their wasn't any Russian casualties. Seems like standard procedure to me. I don't know how you make the leap to that.

The Future is Bright!
AUTOADVERT
holfresh
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1081

4/6/2017  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/6/2017  11:13 PM
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:
TPercy wrote:But if this is just one strike it seems a bit futile dosen't it? I mean they still got 5 more bases.

Its more of a warning... and most likely directed at Iran, North Korea, and Russia and China by proxy.
Just means the soft politics is over... everyone needs to think before making a move.
Kissinger politics are back in action. Welcome to the Cold War and show of force.

Or it's more of a show for the American people...Russia was told several times thruought the day about when and where the strike would happen, for which I'm sure they told Syria who moved the assets..

Bit of a reach IMO.
They made contact with on ground Russian forces to assure that their wasn't any Russian yecasualties. Seems like standard procedure to me. I don't know how you make the leap to that.

What leap are you referring to?..The US told Russia several times during the day when and where they will strike..So you are thinking they kept the secret to themeselves??

TPercy

4/6/2017  11:12 PM
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Do as I say....

According to CNN he did call in top Democrats and Republicans to brief them about the issue.

Not the same a getting a vote on a strike is it?

Wasn't saying that, but it was in no means a secret.

The Future is Bright!
holfresh

4/6/2017  11:14 PM
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:

According to CNN he did call in top Democrats and Republicans to brief them about the issue.

The point of his tweet isn't keeping it a secret, the point is to get a vote and therefore congressional approval..
holfresh

4/6/2017  11:18 PM
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Bit of a reach IMO.
They made contact with on ground Russian forces to assure that their wasn't any Russian yecasualties. Seems like standard procedure to me. I don't know how you make the leap to that.

What leap are you referring to?..The US told Russia several times during the day when and where they will strike..So you are thinking they kept the secret to themeselves??

There is a General in CNN now saying Assad probably scrambled his aircraft and got them off the runway..

TPercy

4/6/2017  11:31 PM
holfresh wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Bit of a reach IMO.

There is a General in CNN now saying Assad probably scrambled his aircraft and got them off the runway..

It makes sense, but I would rather focus on what we know. 14 fighter jets have been destroyed and the Pentagon believe that those strikes have severely damaged Syrian firepower.

I understand what you are saying. That's a possibility, but its an absolute must that that the contact was made with the Russians about a possible attack seeing as there was Russian forces at the base that they were attacking.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
4/7/2017  12:47 AM
It's easy to fire missiles and blow stuff up. The hard part is coming up with a long term plan to resolve the problem. It's too complex to solve! Trump and his people just days before were saying Assad would stay!!! He has no plan.

This wasn't even the first chemical attack since he's been president so this sudden shift to being a Hawk is BS! Nothing was achieved by this except to further complicate things. What does he do now???

smackeddog
Member: #883
4/7/2017  3:38 AM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:US launch military strike on Syria..

Yep... Long overdo.. Time to assert our-self.

The reason we've been holding off is that if you weaken Assad you prolong the war, and you strengthen ISIS on one hand, and the rebels which are made up of a zillion group including Al qaeda. Those are your choices- prolonged war (more deaths), rebel win=failed state (more deaths), ISIS (more deaths), or Assad (more deaths)

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
4/7/2017  4:47 AM
smackeddog wrote:
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:US launch military strike on Syria..

Yep... Long overdo.. Time to assert our-self.

The reason we've been holding off is that if you weaken Assad you prolong the war, and you strengthen ISIS on one hand, and the rebels which are made up of a zillion group including Al qaeda. Those are your choices- prolonged war (more deaths), rebel win=failed state (more deaths), ISIS (more deaths), or Assad (more deaths)

+1 yes its horrible choices indeed and then you also have to add other nations interests and alliances as well with Russia, Turkey, Israel etc.

So I know it has been by far NOT been the best and perfect example... but the UN did somehow stabilize a balkan region which was in a horrible civil war into a rather stable situation (more or less). It always seems to be so much more difficult to solve issues in regions where you have ressource interests by other countries... :-/
Its a shame!!!

dodger78
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #250
Germany
4/7/2017  4:48 AM
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:

The point of his tweet isn't keeping it a secret, the point is to get a vote and therefore congressional approval..

I definatly do not want to get Trump off the hook here but looking at the time stamp of the tweet (and I might misunderstand the technology ;-)) but it says August 2013...

holfresh

4/7/2017  6:22 AM
dodger78 wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:
holfresh wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I definatly do not want to get Trump off the hook here but looking at the time stamp of the tweet (and I might misunderstand the technology ;-)) but it says August 2013...

Yes, correct..

holfresh

4/7/2017  6:53 AM
The cynical guy in me thinks this was orchestrated by Putin...He now says this will hurt US/Russia ties...Well isn't that convenient...
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
4/7/2017  8:10 AM
holfresh wrote:The cynical guy in me thinks this was orchestrated by Putin...He now says this will hurt US/Russia ties...Well isn't that convenient...

Its OK. This how human mind works.
It believes only in what he likes to believe not in what really happening.
Be in your matrix and you will be happy.
And others will be in theirs.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

4/7/2017  8:32 AM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:The cynical guy in me thinks this was orchestrated by Putin...He now says this will hurt US/Russia ties...Well isn't that convenient...

Right..Because you aren't in a bubble and know what's really happening..

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
4/7/2017  12:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/7/2017  12:15 PM
Gorsuch in. Could've been Garland but Hillary and Dems lost
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/7/2017  12:19 PM
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I think ABC might have had the original report about Syrians moving people and materials out of the area where the attack took place BEFORE it happened.

Nance is a former spook who will have his own sources in Intel. People take him seriously.

It was reported that the Russians were notified...not easy to think that they talked to their Syrian allies.

If you just the destroyed runways of an airport that is not their major airport and not stores of chemicals or Syrian jets, you have not done much...

...but it does distract from all the other shyte Trump is facing right now.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/7/2017  12:24 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

I think ABC might have had the original report about Syrians moving people and materials out of the area where the attack took place BEFORE it happened.

Nance is a former spook who will have his own sources in Intel. People take him seriously.

It was reported that the Russians were notified...not easy to think that they talked to their Syrian allies.

If you just the destroyed runways of an airport that is not their major airport and not stores of chemicals or Syrian jets, you have not done much...

US would have to inform the Russians to avoid accidentally killing them. The Russians would obviously then pass the info on to their Assad allies. This **** was just for show.

holfresh

4/7/2017  1:14 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Trump did a complete 180 from his Administration stance 3 days prior based on comments from Nikki Haley and Rex Tillerson...Assad had been doing the same thing the last 6 years and even while Trump was in office..Are we now to believe Trump is suddenly moved??..Ok...I found it strange that the CNN correspondent in Russia, saying this changed everything in terms of relationship with US/Russia..I mean, how would he know so early in the game???..Who is telling him that..Seems like it was the "news" that needed to get out...

This was an easy way to distract and predictable...I just don't see policy changing 180 degrees in a matter of days...

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/7/2017  1:27 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

Trump did a complete 180 from his Administration stance 3 days prior based on comments from Nikki Haley and Rex Tillerson...Assad had been doing the same thing the last 6 years and even while Trump was in office..Are we now to believe Trump is suddenly moved??..Ok...I found it strange that the CNN correspondent in Russia, saying this changed everything in terms of relationship with US/Russia..I mean, how would he know so early in the game???..Who is telling him that..Seems like it was the "news" that needed to get out...

This was an easy way to distract and predictable...I just don't see policy changing 180 degrees in a matter of days...

He might not have done this if his ratings were at 60%.

The hypocrisy from the GOP and some of their TV analysts is also amazing. The GOP spoke out strongly when Obama asked them for authorization to use force in 2013...now it is fine...here is one of the hypocrites...

Trump himself spoke out against it back then...and in the same situation.

Very frustrating to watch.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
holfresh

4/7/2017  2:06 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
holfresh wrote:
arkrud wrote:

He might not have done this if his ratings were at 60%.

The hypocrisy from the GOP and some of their TV analysts is also amazing. The GOP spoke out strongly when Obama asked them for authorization to use force in 2013...now it is fine...here is one of the hypocrites...

Trump himself spoke out against it back then...and in the same situation.

Very frustrating to watch.

It's not frustrating to me, it predictable...Let's see what a thought out strategy looks like...I don't think we see it from this crew...This won't change the narrative about Russia and collusion...Putin is a strategist, you have to admit...

OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy