OT: Politics Thread
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
11/30/2016  9:31 PM
let's keep all politics in one place :)

so...

rachel maddow just revealed that indiana will be paying $700K/year to carrier to keep the jobs in the US. it is tax payer money that the governer (pence) can approve. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
11/30/2016  11:38 PM
This is all a big smokescreen to try and make it look like Trump is the people's champion MEANWHILE Trump is appointing Millionaires and billionaires and Goldman Sachs guys up and down the line!!!! His voters got played!!!
Trump never told them he'd be keeping all the Swamp Creatures and adding all his Wall Street buddies.

THE SWAMP IS EVEN DEEPER!!!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
11/30/2016  11:48 PM
djsunyc wrote:let's keep all politics in one place :)

so...

rachel maddow just revealed that indiana will be paying $700K/year to carrier to keep the jobs in the US. it is tax payer money that the governer (pence) can approve. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

What the diff to pay people social for not working or pay companies to keep them working?
Eater way its taxpayers money.
By the way who cares where tax money goes? I count my income after tax.
And tax is just a payment for the privilege to leave in US not in Russia or some other wasteland...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/30/2016  11:55 PM
arkrud wrote:

so...

What the diff to pay people social for not working or pay companies to keep them working?
And tax is just a payment for the privilege to leave in US not in Russia or some other wasteland...

WTF??? Man if you can't even bother to understand what the problem is why are you posting nonsense? We want MORE MONEY IN THE HANDS OF WORKERS! Most all of the gains have gone to the very rich. You're damned right that should bother us if Trump engages in more Corporate Welfare!!!

ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
12/1/2016  12:40 AM
arkrud wrote:

so...

Man, what's with all the hate about Russia? Wasteland? Ask those people whose land was destroyed by fracking, ask the Native Americans, ask those living in the Gulf of Mexico and faced with oil spill after another oil spill where they think the wasteland is. Meanwhile Russia provides most of the Oxygen for the planet. You are not making sense. Enjoy your yummy GMO's, unlabeled and forced down your throat( banned in Russia btw) Ask people in Flynt where they think the wasteland is at. Oh and Russia gets most of its electricity from hydroelectric power plants( say hello to USSR)a renewable source, while in the US Big Coal is the source of most electricity. So to summarize you need to do some research because you sound not very smart

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
arkrud
USA
12/1/2016  8:10 AM
ramtour420 wrote:
arkrud wrote:

so...

Man, what's with all the hate about Russia? Wasteland? Ask those people whose land was destroyed by fracking, ask the Native Americans, ask those living in the Gulf of Mexico and faced with oil spill after another oil spill where they think the wasteland is. Meanwhile Russia provides most of the Oxygen for the planet. You are not making sense. Enjoy your yummy GMO's, unlabeled and forced down your throat( banned in Russia btw) Ask people in Flynt where they think the wasteland is at. Oh and Russia gets most of its electricity from hydroelectric power plants( say hello to USSR)a renewable source, while in the US Big Coal is the source of most electricity. So to summarize you need to do some research because you sound not very smart

I am talking about social wasteland not ecological.
North Korea has nice jungle and little light pollution as they have electricity used only 2 hours a day in some areas.
I do not hate on Russian people but the kleptocracy state which robs all Russians from many of the advancements the developed world has.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
12/1/2016  8:23 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  8:25 AM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:

so...

WTF??? Man if you can't even bother to understand what the problem is why are you posting nonsense? We want MORE MONEY IN THE HANDS OF WORKERS! Most all of the gains have gone to the very rich. You're damned right that should bother us if Trump engages in more Corporate Welfare!!!

Having more money does not mean having more wealth.
You can print money and hand it to anyone and get inflation and less buying power.
I understand that people want all this stuff to be simple but it is not.
Contrary it is very complex.
The socio-economical system is hanging is the balance developed in hundred years of self-adjustments.
Any mindless poking around even with good intentions can put it off-balance with dare consequences for exactly people you care about.
Workers and recipients of fixed income (social help and made-up government positions) will suffer first as they do not have wealth collected in generation to fail over.
The minorities who were prevented from collecting wealth for various reasons will be the worst to suffer also.
You put pressure on wealthy and wealth will run to other counties.
You expropriate and divide it in small pieces or nationalize and it quickly disappeared.
Politics is juts the shuffling of the deck not changing the system.
Less politician do the better people are. And they really do nothing for the most part.
So I am not concerned.
blkexec
Member: #748
12/1/2016  8:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  8:28 AM
nixluva wrote:This is all a big smokescreen to try and make it look like Trump is the people's champion MEANWHILE Trump is appointing Millionaires and billionaires and Goldman Sachs guys up and down the line!!!! His voters got played!!!
Trump never told them he'd be keeping all the Swamp Creatures and adding all his Wall Street buddies.

THE SWAMP IS EVEN DEEPER!!!

It's not just the Trump voters......its also the non trump/hillary voters. Trump is doing exactly what he accused hillary of doing. And nothing he promised. We just voted in a clown with no tax records? Plus he owns or is part of multiple businesses and enterprises. It would take him multiple years to turn everything into liquid assets. Basically he's facing a conflict of interest, and I heard in two years, Mike Pence will be the President.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
12/1/2016  8:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  8:33 AM
Trump has quickly turned the US into his own personal reality show. He's the pimp and his voters are being pimped. It says something when his own state didn't vote for him. This reminds me when I went to school down south or lived in Arizona. NYers have a different swag....that most people outside of NY are attracted to. Voters have been bamboozled and hoodwinked.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
arkrud
USA
12/1/2016  8:59 AM
blkexec wrote:Trump has quickly turned the US into his own personal reality show. He's the pimp and his voters are being pimped. It says something when his own state didn't vote for him. This reminds me when I went to school down south or lived in Arizona. NYers have a different swag....that most people outside of NY are attracted to. Voters have been bamboozled and hoodwinked.

US politics became reality show long before Trump get elected.
Its the same clown show totally detached for real life.
One clown just removed the makeup for a change.

holfresh
Member: #1081

12/1/2016  9:15 AM
I just saw excerpt a Putin speech done today..He spoke about Russia and the US parity and global decisions should be made equally between the two nations...WOW..Will post when I find the video...
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/1/2016  9:27 AM
Watched this last night. It's pretty great. By the guy who did Century of Self

¿ △ ?
holfresh

12/1/2016  10:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  10:31 AM
The US is only a true democracy in terms of freedom of speech, religion and freedom of assembly, etc. In terms of the vote and how laws are passed, it's not a democracy..It's not a true representation of all the people...The Senate and House will soon vote to repeal the Healthcare law when Trump takes office... Together, states like Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia have 6 Senators representing 2.7 million people voting on a law affecting citizens of New York and California represented by 4 Senators, who together have a population of 60 million people..How is this fair??..Why should such a small segment of people have such a significantly weighted impact on an important life changing bill that effect all Americans??..How can this be allowed in this country???..We go around the world telling people how to fairly run their country but democracy exist in name only in this country...

Thinks about it, Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia is about the same population of Brooklyn NY and have 6 Senators...So 2.7 million people potentially have 50% more legislative impact in the Senate, than 60 million people...Again, 0.8% of our population potentially have 50% more legislative impact than 19% of our population...How can we allow this??..Regardless of party politics, you have to recognized this is complete BS...
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
12/1/2016  10:28 AM
holfresh wrote:The US is only a true democracy in terms of freedom of speech, religion and freedom of assembly, etc. In terms of the vote and how laws are passed, it's not a democracy..It's not a true representation of all the people...The Senate and House will soon vote to repeal the Healthcare law when Trump takes office... Together, states like Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia have 6 Senators representing 2.7 million people voting on a law affecting citizens of New York and California represented by 4 Senators, who together have a population of 60 million people..How is this fair??..Why should such a small segment of people have such a significantly weighted impact on an important life changing bill that effect all Americans??..How can this be allowed in this country???..We go around the world telling people how to fairly run their country but democracy exist in name only in this country...

Thinks about it, Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia is about the same population of Brooklyn NY and have 6 Senators...So 2.7 million people potentially have 50% more legislative impact in the Senate, than 60 million people...So .008% of our population have 50% more legislative impact than 19% of our population...How can we allow this??..Regardless of party politics, you have to recognized this is complete BS...

Exactly. And like I was saying in the other thread before it got closed, hating Californians and New Yorkers seems to be the new "in" prejudice among Republicans. They say things like, "If you don't count California, Trump won the popular vote" as if it's OK to just exclude a whole group of Americans.
holfresh

12/1/2016  10:35 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
holfresh wrote:The US is only a true democracy in terms of freedom of speech, religion and freedom of assembly, etc. In terms of the vote and how laws are passed, it's not a democracy..It's not a true representation of all the people...The Senate and House will soon vote to repeal the Healthcare law when Trump takes office... Together, states like Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia have 6 Senators representing 2.7 million people voting on a law affecting citizens of New York and California represented by 4 Senators, who together have a population of 60 million people..How is this fair??..Why should such a small segment of people have such a significantly weighted impact on an important life changing bill that effect all Americans??..How can this be allowed in this country???..We go around the world telling people how to fairly run their country but democracy exist in name only in this country...

Thinks about it, Wyoming, North Dakota and West Virginia is about the same population of Brooklyn NY and have 6 Senators...So 2.7 million people potentially have 50% more legislative impact in the Senate, than 60 million people...So .008% of our population have 50% more legislative impact than 19% of our population...How can we allow this??..Regardless of party politics, you have to recognized this is complete BS...

Exactly. And like I was saying in the other thread before it got closed, hating Californians and New Yorkers seems to be the new "in" prejudice among Republicans. They say things like, "If you don't count California, Trump won the popular vote" as if it's OK to just exclude a whole group of Americans.

It's insane... Like it's ok to exclude these states because they aren't the "real America"..

arkrud
USA
12/1/2016  10:55 AM
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

It's insane... Like it's ok to exclude these states because they aren't the "real America"..

Or exclude all other states but California and NY?
What is the difference except of your personal like or dislike?
The voting system created to reflect the Federal nature of the country.
If you want to change it then states will have a right to decide again if they want to be the members of federation or not.

holfresh

12/1/2016  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  11:53 AM
arkrud wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:

Or exclude all other states but California and NY?
What is the difference except of your personal like or dislike?
The voting system created to reflect the Federal nature of the country.
If you want to change it then states will have a right to decide again if they want to be the members of federation or not.

What noise are you talking man..Please explain more clearly...Federal nature nonsense..

States would have the right to leave..You think Wyoming can support two Senators and House members on it's own..That's my tax money from NY going to them...
djsunyc
12/1/2016  12:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  12:02 PM
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article118026863.html

PHILIPSBURG, PA.
The swamp is in the eye of the beholder.

As a candidate, Donald Trump promised to “drain the swamp” in Washington. Now that he’s been elected and is embracing part of that very establishment, Democrats and many in the media are slamming him as a typical politician who abandoned a principle as soon as it suited him.

But when McClatchy checked in with several dozen voters in central Pennsylvania – one of the swing states that swung the White House to Trump – to see how they defined the swamp, most didn’t really care. Instead, they said it’s fine with them if he uses the expertise of a DC establishment of lobbyists, donors and special interests to to get his way – and their way.

“This is his thing. He is a successful businessman who hires people to get him ... what he wants,” said Fred Harris, 42, who works at a gas station near Philipsburg, Pa. “If he has to use swamp people to make America great again, why not?”

Harris went to one of Trump’s rallies a few weeks before the election while visiting his brother in Johnstown, Pa., and says he joined the “Drain the swamp!” chants.

“Oh yeah, people loved it. ‘Drain the swamp’ and ‘Build the wall,’” he said. “But I’d rather he focus on building the wall.”

Most voters interviewed defined the swamp as either lobbyists or “establishment” career politicians in the nation’s capital, who they say line their pockets with special interest money with no benefit to them back home.

“These guys go around making promises and then when they get to Congress they’re just sucked into the whole corrupt system,” said Holly Mann, 61, a retired teacher who lives outside State College, Pa. “Into the swamp.”

But asked whether Trump should make his promise to pull the plug on the “swamp” a priority, she shrugged.

“I don’t think that should be the main thing on his mind right now,” she said. “Everyone down there is involved in the lobbying. It’s going to take a long time.”

Denise Jones, 54, in Port Matilda, Pa., agreed.

“He would never get anything done, would he?” she said. “This is real life, you can’t just play with the good guys. The important thing is he doesn’t need their money.”

A few voters compared the issue to reports that Trump may have paid no federal income tax for 18 years, according to portions of his 1995 tax returns that were leaked. Trump and his campaign responded that it showed the candidate’s business savvy in using the system for his advantage.

“Of course he’s going to take on smart people, doesn’t matter whether they’re lobbyists or not,” said John Walton, 29, a truck driver from Pittsburgh who was passing through Port Matilda, Pa. “They’re the ones who know how to run ----.”

Many – almost half – of central Pennsylvania voters interviewed were reluctant to give their names and expressed a deep distrust of the media, which they said isn’t giving Trump a chance to even get started.

“It’s been what, a few weeks? How do you know he isn’t going to drain the swamp? He is not even president yet, tell me how is he supposed to be doing that?” asked a woman who did not want to give her name to “the lying press” in Philipsburg.

“To be frank, it’s more important he gets things moving, like getting rid of Obamacare and fixing the schools, and jobs” said Anne Freeman, 34, a stay-at-home mother in State College, Pa. “I don’t much care how he does it. That’s up to him.”

Most Trump supporters interviewed talked about trusting Trump – not in the sense that he will follow through on draining the swap, but that he will find the smartest way to make government work for them. Many mentioned that he largely self-funded his campaign and is not beholden to special interests.

“If Hillary had won – and you know, she really is a swamp person – she would have had to pay back with favors all these interests that sent her money,” said Mark Ross, 57, in Unionville, Pa., who said he wasn’t a fan of Trump but liked what he said about “flushing out the scum” in Washington.

“Do I think it’s really gonna happen? Nah,” he laughed. “But better Trump’s swamp than Obama’s swamp. At least he’s gonna get us something.”

Democrats criticized Trump for filling his new team with establishment figures such as lobbyists and Wall Street bankers.

“Within days of your election, you have elevated a slew of Wall Street bankers, industry insiders, and special interest lobbyists to your transition team,” Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., wrote in an open letter to Trump. “Even more are rumored to be named as potential Cabinet members.”

One of Trump’s first picks, for example, was Steven Mnuchin, a 17-year veteran of Goldman Sachs. Trump named Mnuchin to the transition team and on Wednesday nominated him to be secretary of the treasury.

The week after Trump’s victory, his running mate and Vice President-elect Mike Pence ordered that all lobbyists be removed from their transition team. Trump has also promised to impose a five-year lobbying ban on transition and administration officials and congressional term limits.

The whole concept of getting rid of lobbyists didn’t resonate much with young Trump voters, said Michael Straw, 22, a senior at Penn State who leads the school’s chapter of College Republicans, which did not endorse a candidate.

“I don’t see it for college students as being a high priority. I think most were looking a lot more at social issues, regardless of party,” he said.

“The whole thing with draining the swamp, with draining access, is that some people are saying get rid of lobbyists – so I say ‘OK, you want to get rid of the NRA?’” he said. “There is a role for lobbyists to play. Some people just don’t see that lobbyists are also protecting their interests. Even look at all the Super PACs supporting Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump – that’s a lot of swamp right there.”

i think it's safe to say all the trump supporters saying stuff about hillary was nothing but noise. any continued attack on her is just drivel that should be ignored. just propaganda to get their guy to win.

trump will be just as "corrupt" if not more than all the politicians before him. he ran a hustle.

but i think this quote is probably what the majority of his folks think now:

“Do I think it’s really gonna happen? Nah,” he laughed. “But better Trump’s swamp than Obama’s swamp. At least he’s gonna get us something.”

imho, most white voters identified trump as helping them...and by using obama's name...they've probably concluded hillary will only help non-whites.

holfresh

12/1/2016  12:34 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  12:39 PM
Trump didn't blink twice about appointing Goldman guys and he is still talking to more Goldman guys for other positions...He spoke about re-introducing Glass Steagall which prevents banks from trading equities on the campaign trail and now are talking about the complete opposite in repealing the Volcker rule which restricts banks from speculative trading...

Trump and his boys are going to make "bank" this presidential run...Bank stocks are making unprecedented moves..I don't even think his supporters care..
djsunyc
12/1/2016  1:44 PM
OT: Politics Thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy