[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Uhhh game thread.... 8pm at Wolves
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

12/1/2016  6:53 PM
holfresh wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Noah can contribute, but if he does, it comes at the cost of Hernangomez/O'Quinn and even Plumlee playing Center. Nevermind that KP plays well in terms of team effectivness at 5. It's a great problem to have - an abundance of good bigs - but we need a more balanced roster as well. Another wing instead of Noah or one of our bigs will really help balance the team up. I hope when Lance Thomas comes back, he is actually healthy. We need more players that can do what Kuz and Holiday do. You can't have enough wings who can defend and stretch the floor these days. Hornachek's offense was ran best last night when we had the Plumlee, KP, Kuz, Holiday and Jennings lineup. The need for a wing who can defend, run the floor and shoot a little is far more than having an additional big man.

That said, I think Noah has more value if the team makes the playoffs. Playoffs are a different animal and you need to match up certain players. Noah has much more value in my book in that situation.

Again, So Towns going 47 and 18, putting up career numbers, in a game that shouldn't be close, doesn't give you pause in making statements like this?..we just eeeked out a win against a team that won 15 games last year, keep that in mind..

A healthy Noah would have been nice to have last night...Towns was too strong physically for us, and he uses his strength well.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/1/2016  7:05 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:You know what I didn't see from the media: One mention about the lousy job Thibs is doing ala their record. All offseason and up until this past week they get their dig in - especially the crap writers from the NY Daily News - about how Phil didn't interview Thibs in a manor of dinging him.

Sloppy sloppy

Yup Yup

Weren't some around here touting the T-Wolves as the next big thing this year?

I expected them to at least have a record like ours by this time.

And yes...Thibs should get some more scrutiny for what is going on.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

12/1/2016  7:42 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
martin wrote:You know what I didn't see from the media: One mention about the lousy job Thibs is doing ala their record. All offseason and up until this past week they get their dig in - especially the crap writers from the NY Daily News - about how Phil didn't interview Thibs in a manor of dinging him.

Sloppy sloppy

Yup Yup

Weren't some around here touting the T-Wolves as the next big thing this year?

I expected them to at least have a record like ours by this time.

And yes...Thibs should get some more scrutiny for what is going on.

From the way Thibs was yelling at them during the game, it reminds me of what Larry Brown often did when he joined a team as the new coach. Spent his first season breaking his players down, then spent the next few seasons building them up. When Brown tried that in NY he got canned, didnt have the power, or the support of Isiah who he tried to push out. Thibodeau has the power in Minny to see it through.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

12/1/2016  7:49 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Knicks are 3-0 without Noah, and if you count the 2nd half Hornachek benched him for, 3.5-0 without Noah. Hindsight is always 20-20 because we did not know that OQuinn, Hernangomez, Plumlee and KP would be playing like this. But I have to think how nice another a shooting wing man would be. Someone that can stretch the floor, defend a little, play the 3 or 2. Holiday is solid but the team could use more firepower at the 2.

yep this team really needs an athletic wing, Im hoping Noah will still have some value to this team at some point but he looks like a waste of cap space

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
12/2/2016  12:45 AM
jrodmc wrote:Easy with the Kuz, fish. I'd like the kid to be able to do something other than hit threes before Melo benches himself. They mentioned a few times when Cheese came in the game that he looked out of his league going to the basket or trying to do anything on a break. I want Kuz to be more than Novakaine II.

You are only listening to games, right? Kuz is absolutely fantastic on the break. Only OK going to the basket but I think he is adjusting to the athleticism and blocking of some Cs. He'll be fine in both areas.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
12/2/2016  1:06 AM
martin wrote:
jrodmc wrote:Easy with the Kuz, fish. I'd like the kid to be able to do something other than hit threes before Melo benches himself. They mentioned a few times when Cheese came in the game that he looked out of his league going to the basket or trying to do anything on a break. I want Kuz to be more than Novakaine II.

You are only listening to games, right? Kuz is absolutely fantastic on the break. Only OK going to the basket but I think he is adjusting to the athleticism and blocking of some Cs. He'll be fine in both areas.

Yeah Kuz is still adapting to this level. He's got some quality athletic ability of his own, but he's still a bit hesitant cuz of the higher level of athletic ability in the NBA. In time he'll gain more confidence and get some air time. He's a legit 6-9 and needs to play without fear of getting his shot blocked at the rim. KP had similar issues, which is funny considering how good he is and how big he is. He often didn't realize the advantage he has, but now he's more confident.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
12/2/2016  10:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/2/2016  10:10 AM
fishmike wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:Great game. Easy to focus on losing the big lead, but that doesn't diminish the good things they did to get that lead. Fantastic job by the role players to come in and bring energy. This was easily won by our bench who brought fresh legs, high BB IQ, aggressive play made sure you had to play a 5 on 5 game.

Strong finish for Melo following another lemon of a game. He wants to win and knows he's struggling. Hopefully this loosens things some for him. One other thing on MElo, I would challenge him to facilitate and limit his minutes. The more winded he gets the dumber he plays. When he's bouncy he's still one of the best. A cool 30 mpg. Does anyone have a problem with Kuz taking 18 minutes a game behind Melo? He's still an impact player. He wants to be here. I think you just keep his minutes down to 30 to maximize his impact.

Such a fun show watching KP and KAT. KAT is so much more powerful than KP. KP has the length and height. I would say at this point KAT is the higher impact player despite his team's poor record but who cares. They are both amazing and we are lucky to have one of these guys.

This game showed more to me than if they had held onto the lead. There was real pressure here and we came up really big late on both sides of the ball. That was a very Paul Pierce type of game for Melo. I always felts like when we played those Bos teams he would have crappy games shooting... he's be like 5-17 with 15 points and it felt like we would have him check, then he would get a big steal, a big strip, hit a couple clutch shots and Knicks lose. Am I imagining this? We really just needed a road win. Nice gut check IMO

Easy with the Kuz, fish. I'd like the kid to be able to do something other than hit threes before Melo benches himself. They mentioned a few times when Cheese came in the game that he looked out of his league going to the basket or trying to do anything on a break. I want Kuz to be more than Novakaine II.

I hate any Paul Pierce memories, but no, it's not your imagination. Every time we played against that azzhole, it seemed he'd be towel waving or peeing in Spike's beer at the end of every game. And you notice something different about Melo? He makes the shot, he jams the inbounds and ends the game, and he's not dancing around jerking himself off in front of the crowd. He's just talking to Wiggins. Interesting difference.

PP was a an aptly named d-ck.

That he was. ITs not about Kuz, its about limiting Melo's minutes. I would like a consistent 30 minutes. I think the 8 minutes at his age is a big impact. We dont win without Melo despite what the haters say. He's here regardless. So how do we set Melo up to have the highest impact he can with this team? To me, especially on defense the answer is simple.. keep him fresh. I have no agendas here

Agreed about the lack of agenda, which i've always appreciated. Although your manlove for Chris Dudley still makes me wanna vomit.

I think we're seeing the start of Melo trying his best to keep himself fresh, and as WallyHomerWorld commmented, still keep himself "locked into the game". 7-10 minutes into the game before our DOUCHE dinosaur iso ball hog attempted a shot. That speaks volumes to me, if not anyone else. I just sure as hell hope to sheehit Melo's not reading our crap on the UK...

If Kuz can show something defensively (at least to the point that they actually mention it during the radio broadcast ) I'll sign on for more Cheese.

martin apparently sees something in Kuz on the break that the shot chart and the radio isn't showing.

Uhhh game thread.... 8pm at Wolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy