[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Uhhh game thread.... 8pm at Wolves
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/30/2016  10:49 PM
Kuzminskas had a GREAT game tonight. He fits like a glove in that second unit with Jennings and KP. That second unit that is starting to look better than our starters (with KP, of course).

I like Kuzminskas a lot. He's got some fight, some moxie, doesn't seem afraid of the big moment. There was a play in the 4th where Towns blocked his shot underneath, Kuz got it back, stepped back and calmly sank a six foot jumper with Towns right in his face. I loved it. That's the kind of smart, fearless play you often see the Knicks not make.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
USA
11/30/2016  10:51 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Kind of ugly...but a W is a W.

We need to work on the offensive end...a few good moments, but we don't seem to have an identity on that end of the court. I don't see our PG's putting people into position to score for the most part, and we frequently fall into a 1/1 pattern.

Jennings is not a half court point guard..He excels in transition..Defenses play a lot differently when Melo and KP are the only options in the half court..They were taking tough shots..I get why Jennings was out there because he hit a couple of threes but you can't take Rose out, he spreads the floor...

Jennings playing a lot like Horny's PGs in Phoenix played.

That whole Jennings/Holiday/Kuz/KP/Willy second unit looks like the second coming of that Phoenix Horny team when they were good.

¿ △ ?
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/30/2016  10:52 PM
I am underwhelmed by Wiggins and Lavine. Super impressed w KAT

Also though Knicks looked disjoint at times I thought there was a lot of good player movement. Hopefully they keep it up and introduce more cuts.

(5)(5)
crzymdups
USA
11/30/2016  10:55 PM
Chandler wrote:I am underwhelmed by Wiggins and Lavine. Super impressed w KAT

Also though Knicks looked disjoint at times I thought there was a lot of good player movement. Hopefully they keep it up and introduce more cuts.

Wiggins and Lavine are both tremendously athletic... but kinda dumb imho. You can tell they think they're hot **** already, without earning a thing or winning a thing.

Towns is ****ing amazing. You can just tell he's gonna be one of those guys who has a tremendous career where he is one of the faces of the league. I love that he was essentially showing off for KP tonight. Love their rivalry. I'm okay with Towns scoring more, as long as KP wins more!

¿ △ ?
Chandler

11/30/2016  10:55 PM
crzymdups wrote:Kuzminskas had a GREAT game tonight. He fits like a glove in that second unit with Jennings and KP. That second unit that is starting to look better than our starters (with KP, of course).

I like Kuzminskas a lot. He's got some fight, some moxie, doesn't seem afraid of the big moment. There was a play in the 4th where Towns blocked his shot underneath, Kuz got it back, stepped back and calmly sank a six foot jumper with Towns right in his face. I loved it. That's the kind of smart, fearless play you often see the Knicks not make.

The guy is poised

(5)(5)
Chandler

11/30/2016  10:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Wiggins and Lavine are both tremendously athletic... but kinda dumb imho. You can tell they think they're hot **** already, without earning a thing or winning a thing.

Towns is ****ing amazing. You can just tell he's gonna be one of those guys who has a tremendous career where he is one of the faces of the league. I love that he was essentially showing off for KP tonight. Love their rivalry. I'm okay with Towns scoring more, as long as KP wins more!

Agreed. They have this 'tude. Don't play D.

You just want to tell them you've done nothing. You're not half as hot as you act.

If I were wolves I'd trade one for a vet who plays both ways and wins

(5)(5)
Knicks67
Member: #6370

11/30/2016  10:59 PM
I know there will be a lot of fans who won't agree with this, but, Kristaps is looking like a better player than Carmelo. He is just being inefficient and energy less. He closed well but that shouldn't really be a distraction from another poor game from our biggest name.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/30/2016  11:04 PM
holfresh wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Kind of ugly...but a W is a W.

We need to work on the offensive end...a few good moments, but we don't seem to have an identity on that end of the court. I don't see our PG's putting people into position to score for the most part, and we frequently fall into a 1/1 pattern.

Jennings is not a half court point guard..He excels in transition..Defenses play a lot differently when Melo and KP are the only options in the half court..They were taking tough shots with only Jennings in there..I get why Jennings was out there because he hit a couple of threes but you can't take Rose out, he spreads the floor...

Yeah...still learning about Jennings' strengths and weaknesses... he does play with some fire, though-makes me more acceptable of his limitations.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
WaltLongmire

11/30/2016  11:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:

If KP was to become Bill Russell to Towns' Wilt...with similar team success, I'd be quite satisfied.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/30/2016  11:08 PM
Knicks67 wrote:I know there will be a lot of fans who won't agree with this, but, Kristaps is looking like a better player than Carmelo. He is just being inefficient and energy less. He closed well but that shouldn't really be a distraction from another poor game from our biggest name.

KP is a rare talent and is at the beginning of his career so it's not saying much that he's gonna look like a better player. KP still has a ways to go in his development but he's special. We need both playing well.

I do get frustrated when they seem to go away from KP! KP was wide open many times over the last few games and they just don't get him the ball!!!

WaltLongmire

11/30/2016  11:10 PM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Kuzminskas had a GREAT game tonight. He fits like a glove in that second unit with Jennings and KP. That second unit that is starting to look better than our starters (with KP, of course).

The guy is poised

Still learning the speed of the NBA, but the guy has a solid European pedigree. I expect him to be better as the season progresses.
WaltLongmire

11/30/2016  11:13 PM
Chandler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Agreed. They have this 'tude. Don't play D.

You just want to tell them you've done nothing. You're not half as hot as you act.

If I were wolves I'd trade one for a vet who plays both ways and wins

Wiggins has really improved on his 3s, but you really don't get the kind of intensity from him and Lavine that you get from Towns, who is a warrior on the court.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/30/2016  11:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/30/2016  11:14 PM
Not for nothing, Rebecca Haarlow ask legit questions..Tina would always ask the same type of question like how does it make you feel when your teammates hit that big shot..Use to drive me nuts...
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

12/1/2016  12:55 AM
crzymdups wrote:

Great point: Winning > personal achievement. Towns was mind-blowing tonight, but KP's team won the game. Melo (who sucked again) had the clutch game winner. Little solace after the extended slump. Can't wait for him to get back his shooting touch.

smackeddog
Member: #883
12/1/2016  3:58 AM
Glad we won, but man I'm getting fed up of ridiculous ft differencials- is it the way we play or is it the refs?!
Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/1/2016  6:53 AM
smackeddog wrote:Glad we won, but man I'm getting fed up of ridiculous ft differencials- is it the way we play or is it the refs?!

i think it's both... our style of play is to not be a bruising banging team like memphis so it's expected. but the refs do totally stick it to us as well.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/1/2016  7:03 AM
Knicks are 3-0 without Noah, and if you count the 2nd half Hornachek benched him for, 3.5-0 without Noah. Hindsight is always 20-20 because we did not know that OQuinn, Hernangomez, Plumlee and KP would be playing like this. But I have to think how nice another a shooting wing man would be. Someone that can stretch the floor, defend a little, play the 3 or 2. Holiday is solid but the team could use more firepower at the 2.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

12/1/2016  7:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/1/2016  7:11 AM
That Plumlee, KP, Kuz, Holiday and Jennings lineup was a thing of beauty.

Rose was a problem in this game, he seemed to not know what to do on offense in this game. Caused plenty of confusion. Didn't have a positive impact. Was holding the ball too long. Not sure the exact reason.

Cartman718
Member: #1694

12/1/2016  8:26 AM
http://www.msgnetworks.com/videos/jennings-passes-lead-to-easy-knicks-baskets/
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/1/2016  8:35 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Knicks are 3-0 without Noah, and if you count the 2nd half Hornachek benched him for, 3.5-0 without Noah. Hindsight is always 20-20 because we did not know that OQuinn, Hernangomez, Plumlee and KP would be playing like this. But I have to think how nice another a shooting wing man would be. Someone that can stretch the floor, defend a little, play the 3 or 2. Holiday is solid but the team could use more firepower at the 2.

So Towns going 47 and 18, putting up career numbers, in a game that shouldn't be close, doesn't give you pause in making statements like this?

Uhhh game thread.... 8pm at Wolves

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy