[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Do not dress Melo
Author Thread
teamsport72
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6172

11/27/2016  5:39 AM
Do not dress Melo for second games of back-to-backs!
Especially, if on the road. Net negative value.
Make it look as a sign of respect for the veteran, like as if preserving his legs for the playoff run!
In his absence others can be expected to willingly put in that little extra effort which decides games like the one last night.
Will see if Hornacek figures this out as the season goes.
AUTOADVERT
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/27/2016  7:41 AM
teamsport72 wrote:Do not dress Melo for second games of back-to-backs!
Make it look as a sign of respect for the veteran, like as if preserving his legs for the playoff run!
In his absence others can be expected to willingly put in that little extra effort which decides games like the one last night.
Yeah, because the 22 pts, 6 reb, and 2.5 assists he averages in the 2nd of back to back games is so easy to replace. Meanwhile KP averages only 16 ppg in the 2nd of back to backs and nobody says a word.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/27/2016  7:54 AM
Welpee wrote:
Yeah, because the 22 pts, 6 reb, and 2.5 assists he averages in the 2nd of back to back games is so easy to replace. Meanwhile KP averages only 16 ppg in the 2nd of back to backs and nobody says a word.
i dont agree with the OP at all BUT why do you bring KP into this? I think KP has proven he is big down the stretch in games
Welpee

11/27/2016  8:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2016  8:07 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
i dont agree with the OP at all BUT why do you bring KP into this? I think KP has proven he is big down the stretch in games
Only to show that hypocrisy when it comes to Melo. Statistically KP is actually worse in back to back situation but he suggests that Melo sits based on performance.

And I agree regarding KP. To me the answer isn't sitting Melo but him deferring more to KP and Rose in games when he's off regardless of whether its a back to back. Overreacting to yesterday is way too simplified.

sidneydeane
Member: #6384

11/27/2016  8:23 AM
Yeah i like it
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/27/2016  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2016  8:49 AM
Welpee wrote:

Yeah PPG is a great way to measure overall offensive production. I could get 22 in an NBA game if they let me shoot every single time down the court. That is Melo's philosophy as well. I'm going to get 20 points even if it takes 30 shots to get there. He has more talent around him now, he has no business shooting 25 times when he is that off. It was a brutal performance last night. He cost them the game. This is why the Knicks will always float around .500, Carmelo will have good nights and they win, followed by a ghastly performance giving them little to no chance of winning.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
11/27/2016  11:17 AM
I didn't see the game was watching the game cast. Melo should not be blamed for the loss. It was a team effort starting with the abysmal beginning. Besides this is not a road team the Knicks record proves this. On the road focus and execution is what wins. Getting focused after getting behind by 18-20 points. At that Point I don't know if they are getting focused or the opponent lost its focus because of boring competition.

Melo had a off night but it is true he has to know when it is his night and when to create for others using himself as a decoy. I thought everyone on the team didn't come ready to play. Coach has to address this if they ever want to get a road win.

nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
11/27/2016  11:23 AM
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Only to show that hypocrisy when it comes to Melo. Statistically KP is actually worse in back to back situation but he suggests that Melo sits based on performance.

And I agree regarding KP. To me the answer isn't sitting Melo but him deferring more to KP and Rose in games when he's off regardless of whether its a back to back. Overreacting to yesterday is way too simplified.

hypocrisy? based on performance? or MAAAAAAAYBE it's about a guy being in his 14th year in the league and it would be wise to conserve him instead of wearing him out so early in the season. but yeah, bring kp into it. let's sit the 21yo player in back to backs and not the guy in his 14th year in the league, coming off playing in the olympics. talk about taking it personally..

"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/27/2016  2:41 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Yes.. do not bring KP into this. Someone will blow a gasket lol
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Welpee

11/27/2016  4:27 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Yeah PPG is a great way to measure overall offensive production. I could get 22 in an NBA game if they let me shoot every single time down the court. That is Melo's philosophy as well. I'm going to get 20 points even if it takes 30 shots to get there. He has more talent around him now, he has no business shooting 25 times when he is that off. It was a brutal performance last night. He cost them the game. This is why the Knicks will always float around .500, Carmelo will have good nights and they win, followed by a ghastly performance giving them little to no chance of winning.

Melo was the reason we lost last night? smh!
Welpee

11/27/2016  4:29 PM
fishmike wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Yes.. do not bring KP into this. Someone will blow a gasket lol
Yeah, I see. KP is teflon now, even when you don't criticize him but just merely mention his name. lol
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/27/2016  4:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2016  4:35 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

hypocrisy? based on performance? or MAAAAAAAYBE it's about a guy being in his 14th year in the league and it would be wise to conserve him instead of wearing him out so early in the season. but yeah, bring kp into it. let's sit the 21yo player in back to backs and not the guy in his 14th year in the league, coming off playing in the olympics. talk about taking it personally..

I agree, he should takes some games off, maybe in january, but certainly not now. Your still trying to build chemistry, we have 10 new players on the roster, plus Lance is out, rose missed most of trainnig camp, noah in and out. We need to be some games over 500 before we start sitting people for rest

We are not the spurs who are a much more establish team

ES
Welpee

11/27/2016  4:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/27/2016  4:37 PM
nyk4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Show where anybody suggested sitting KP.

Again, if you want to suggest sitting Melo on back to backs to rest him or preserve him for the long season fine. Not necessarily agreeing but its a debate worth having. Suggesting you sit him based on performance and saying it has a "net negative value" on the team is a different matter.

Welpee

11/27/2016  4:39 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I agree, he should takes some games off, maybe in january, but certainly not now. Your still trying to build chemistry, we have 10 new players on the roster, plus Lance is out, rose missed most of trainnig camp, noah in and out. We need to be some games over 500 before we start sitting people for rest

That's very reasonable.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
11/27/2016  4:52 PM
If KP remains healthy, he should be able to play 82 games this year. He has his holes but why he was brought into this discussion is odd.

Melo, for the sake of his health, probably could afford a day off though. He definitely seemed to have tired legs yesterday and that tends to lead to an injury.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/28/2016  9:19 AM
Allanfan20 wrote:If KP remains healthy, he should be able to play 82 games this year. He has his holes but why he was brought into this discussion is odd.

Melo, for the sake of his health, probably could afford a day off though. He definitely seemed to have tired legs yesterday and that tends to lead to an injury.

Horny was quoted after the loss as saying he should rethink his rotations and playing time for the starters, because as anyone could see (or in my case, hear on the 98.7FM) alot of folks came out flat, and as Dell Curry said before the game at MSG, Kemba and the Hornets thrive on fast starts, which I guess some teams figured out and was why the Hornets were on a 4 game skid and had lost 5 of their last 7.

Exactly how many games have we won without Melo playing? I forget.

What to do when bored:
1) Pray Melo doesn't re-sign.
2) Melo re-signs, pray Melo would just resign, or retire.
3) Pray Melo gets traded, for the good of the team.
4) Throw up into your own mouth over Melo's NTC every day.
5) Start Melo trade threads anyway, in Melo's best interests.
6) Ignore stats and what KP actually says and make Melo a bench player.
7) Ignore the fact that KP is a star unicorn with Melo and state that Melo is inhibiting KP.
8) Bench Melo for the good of the team.
9) Bench Melo for his own good.
10) Pray that a real heavy bench falls on Melo.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
11/28/2016  10:17 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:
Welpee wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I agree. Its not like we are in in contention for home court advantage in the playoffs and debating as to rest players or not for a deep playoff run.
Melo has also NOT had deep post season game totals to wear him out. Just some summer tournaments stuff.

That said, one game does not extrapolate a new policy. He played 33 minutes. This after a heroic overtime game.
Both teams had to fly and both teams played in that game. Zeller was awful saturday nite, should they do that same based on one game?

I get what your saying and agree there need be some "Melo Preservation Manifesto" but lets get established. The season is young.

What to do. Next back to back is Away vs. Heat on December 6th, then at home Vs. Cleveland on the 7th. Rest him in Miami, you might be throwing the game away. They are vulnerable and a win is a win.
At the same time, you of course have to play him for a big home game that is nationally televised vs Cavs.

La La Cosmetics company is headquartered in Miami so what is one to do? its a popular stop for the players. They are off the day before so what is the schedule? My point is, maybe melo has commitments in the area. If you don't play him, he should just stay home and not even fly out. Just rest. They can claim "illness" and "Game time decision" for Wednesday games.
Its shytty thing to do as melo is a box office attraction. Anyone be upset if they got tix to see Cav's and Lebron Sits out to rest?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2016  11:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2016  11:29 AM
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Why is it so hard to believe that Melo did more harm than good in this game? He shot 7 of 25. The team was -16 with him on the court and +11 with him off the court (the worst plus minus on the team).
BigRedDog
Member: #569
11/28/2016  11:59 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Why is it so hard to believe that Melo did more harm than good in this game? He shot 7 of 25. The team was -16 with him on the court and +11 with him off the court (the worst plus minus on the team).

Is this the same analytics/math you use when you tell us that statistically Calderone is a better player than Rose???

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
11/28/2016  12:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/28/2016  12:07 PM
BigRedDog wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Welpee wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
Welpee wrote:

Is this the same analytics/math you use when you tell us that statistically Calderone is a better player than Rose???

Nice deflection but you must be confusing me with someone else. I wasn't the one making that argument.
Do not dress Melo

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy