[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: KP and Knicks D Shuts Down Kemba @ MSG
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/25/2016  10:15 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Kudos to baby Willy too! Came in late in the 4th and made some big layups under the basket. He is slowly usurping Noah at Center down the stretch.

Yes - I was pleased to see Willy and Kuz get huge minutes down the stretch.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/25/2016  10:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This game has been jinxed by Thread Gate 2016. Sigh.

We shall prevail.....

Amen....

Good call!

Team is starting to click, we're really fortunate that we're winning without having to worry about Noah's health. Nice luxury to have right now.

This. Tomorrow will be a really big test. Charlotte has a great home court. Hopefully Nalod can out cheer all of those Hornet fans.

We will see a lot of the bench tomorrow night. Maybe some Ndour, Baker and Plumlee. We will need fresh legs.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/25/2016  10:16 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Kudos to baby Willy too! Came in late in the 4th and made some big layups under the basket. He is slowly usurping Noah at Center down the stretch.
Willy has been a huge surprise thsis eason. I liked him since we drafted him but I never would have thought he would be this important this quickly
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/25/2016  10:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Amazing. Phenomenal game for Melo tonight.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/25/2016  10:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP is becoming the human eraser down the stretch of games! Opponents fear going up against him. He had Kaminsky shook right under the basket in one sequence. Was afraid to put it up. Zinger beast mode!

KP with a quiet night, foul trouble, bad shooting... still finishes with 16pts 8rebs 3blks

He has that killer mind set. I love that focus. He was absolutely a monster 2-way Center.

This game was why Phil went out and got Rose for Melo and KP. He is a huge upgrade over Calderon. Can't believe over the summer so many fans would argue about his advanced numbers. It's just about managing the game and adding a penetration threat. Everything we dreamed Grant could become, Rose does on a consistent basis. He gets to the hoop at will and takes off the ballhandling pressure from Melo.

I remain skeptical about just one aspect about this team. It's their 5 spot unless KP is there. We have enough talent to compete with anyone outside of Cleveland in the East, if KP can play more minutes at 5 and O'Quinn/Hernangomez keep doing what they are. I just don't know where Noah fits into this team. I think he should come off the bench. This game changed considerably when Hernangomez came in and Melo went to the 4 with Kuz at the 3. We're a different team when we don't have to deal with Noah's inabiliy to score. He and KP just clog up too much space.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

11/25/2016  10:18 PM
What an exciting finish. Too bad Nalod didn't have this game for his courtside seats. Hopefully we keep it close tomorrow in Charlotte.
SocraticBallin22

11/25/2016  10:19 PM
BTW, people, we finally have a good coach! It's been a really loooong time since we've had one. Horny can execute with the best of them. His rotations are right on the money. Woody was our last decent coach but he was way too stubborn and offensively limited. Horny may be the best coach we've had since JVG.
CrushAlot
USA
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:This game has been jinxed by Thread Gate 2016. Sigh.

We shall prevail.....

Amen....

Good call!

Team is starting to click, we're really fortunate that we're winning without having to worry about Noah's health. Nice luxury to have right now.

This. Tomorrow will be a really big test. Charlotte has a great home court. Hopefully Nalod can out cheer all of those Hornet fans.

We will see a lot of the bench tomorrow night. Maybe some Ndour, Baker and Plumlee. We will need fresh legs.

If I get distracted and just listen to the broadcast I sometimes think NDOur is in because of how Clyde pronounces Noah's last name.
StarksEwing1

11/25/2016  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/25/2016  10:20 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:DRose another game where he is outplaying a top PG. He quieted down Dame Lillard, abused Schroeder in ATL, and looking to add Kemba to the list. DRose has some pride.
I wouldn't says he is abusing thes epgs. rose has had issues with defense and passing as well

Nah Rose is playing well against TOP PG's as he has his entire career. He's not perfect but would you prefer Jose? LOL

I have given Rose credit lately but its not like he has been 2012 Rose. He has made some big shots the last couple games so he deserves props for that though

Like I was saying.

Lets see if he can continue it consistently

WHAT??? Rose has been playing better as he got comfortable! WTF have you been watching?
Calm down and breathe. I meant being a closer. I have praised Rose the last week or so.

Don't tell me to calm down! You're the one who was NEVER feelin Rose from day one! You simply can't get past that shyte!
What a bunch of BS. yes I admit I wasn't a huge fan of the trade and I'm not a huge fan BUT I got over it. I have given him props lately. I point out his strengths and weaknesses which isn't a bad thing. So stop it
CrushAlot
USA
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Willy has been a huge surprise thsis eason. I liked him since we drafted him but I never would have thought he would be this important this quickly
He has great hands and his defense is a lot better than advertised.
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2016  10:21 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:BTW, people, we finally have a good coach! It's been a really loooong time since we've had one. Horny can execute with the best of them. His rotations are right on the money. Woody was our last decent coach but he was way too stubborn and offensively limited. Horny may be the best coach we've had since JVG.
Great point. I don't think any of the prediction models add games for a new coach. I believe they usually subtract wins. Horny has been awesome. I also like this version of simpatico with Phil a lot better.
SocraticBallin22

nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:KP is becoming the human eraser down the stretch of games! Opponents fear going up against him. He had Kaminsky shook right under the basket in one sequence. Was afraid to put it up. Zinger beast mode!

KP with a quiet night, foul trouble, bad shooting... still finishes with 16pts 8rebs 3blks

He has that killer mind set. I love that focus. He was absolutely a monster 2-way Center.

This game was why Phil went out and got Rose for Melo and KP. He is a huge upgrade over Calderon. Can't believe over the summer so many fans would argue about his advanced numbers. It's just about managing the game and adding a penetration threat. Everything we dreamed Grant could become, Rose does on a consistent basis. He gets to the hoop at will and takes off the ballhandling pressure from Melo.

I remain skeptical about just one aspect about this team. It's their 5 spot unless KP is there. We have enough talent to compete with anyone outside of Cleveland in the East, if KP can play more minutes at 5 and O'Quinn/Hernangomez keep doing what they are. I just don't know where Noah fits into this team. I think he should come off the bench. This game changed considerably when Hernangomez came in and Melo went to the 4 with Kuz at the 3. We're a different team when we don't have to deal with Noah's inabiliy to score. He and KP just clog up too much space.

This. People were crying last year because every game I would expose Jose ad nauseum. Had nothing against him, but I knew there was no way we could win with him as our starting pg. He could not create or guard his position--2 of the most important things you need in a point guard to win games. We finally have this an we can close out games. People don't realize how important penetration is from your pg. This is where basketball starts in the modern NBA.

StarksEwing1

CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I gotta be honest with his emergence I'm not sure what we do with Noah. I wanted Noah here but that contract is hideous
crzymdups
USA
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Agree - the lineups I like least on this team involve Noah or KOQ. KP at center or Willy (somewhat surprisingly) at center and they're good.

Part of it is that Melo is best on defense at the 4 right now. He gets exposed a bit on D at the 3.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/25/2016  10:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:BTW, people, we finally have a good coach! It's been a really loooong time since we've had one. Horny can execute with the best of them. His rotations are right on the money. Woody was our last decent coach but he was way too stubborn and offensively limited. Horny may be the best coach we've had since JVG.
Great point. I don't think any of the prediction models add games for a new coach. I believe they usually subtract wins. Horny has been awesome. I also like this version of simpatico with Phil a lot better.

Yeah before the season we were talking about how the Media and Pro Analysts were totally ignoring the impact of Hornacek. You put a really good coach with talent and it makes a difference.

Hornacek had a lot to deal with having to run Triangle, a new roster with 10 new players, NBA Rookies and missing key guys in camp.

crzymdups
USA
11/25/2016  10:32 PM
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2016  10:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
I gotta be honest with his emergence I'm not sure what we do with Noah. I wanted Noah here but that contract is hideous
I think Noah has a place and will be a big part of things. In regards to Willy, he sets a great screen also. Plays like a vet.
CrushAlot
USA
11/25/2016  10:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:
O'Quinn had some good moments. He hit a huge shot to tie the game at 94 when the Hornets were on that run. The team seems to play better with Billy though.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

11/25/2016  10:35 PM
KUZ really gave batum trouble tonight a plus 12. Kuz and willy are really solidifying our second unit
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/25/2016  10:36 PM
crzymdups wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Agree - the lineups I like least on this team involve Noah or KOQ. KP at center or Willy (somewhat surprisingly) at center and they're good.

Part of it is that Melo is best on defense at the 4 right now. He gets exposed a bit on D at the 3.

Unlike Fisher, Hornachek is not afraid to rely on lesser known players over an established vet like Noah. Hornachek seems to have the smarts and balls to sit Noah. He's already playing bench minutes. It's not like Noah is playing 30 a night. The main reason Noah was brought in was to help defensively and to set great screens (and pass) on offense. He's doing his best, but it's just not helping the cause. His best contribution to the team this year would be as a mentor to KP, Hernangomez and to be willing to come in off the bench and play the most physical energizing 15 minutes anyone plays on the team.
Game Thread: KP and Knicks D Shuts Down Kemba @ MSG

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy