[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Unusual game today (Portland, 730)
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
11/22/2016  10:39 PM
Great interview from DRose. It is easy to see why he was loved in Chicago.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/22/2016  10:39 PM
DRose was like a late game killer tonight - something we've lacked at the guard spot for YEARS. Jennings was a bench maestro. Love these guards.

I'm really looking forward to that Charlotte doubleheader. I'm getting greedy! I want 'em both!

¿ △ ?
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/22/2016  10:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
holfresh wrote:POR, ATL, and DET aren't great teams..We should be able to compete with them with our talent..Our bigs have to play better defense to compete with the Torontos of the world..Still early..

Early for sure. But POR, ATL, and DET all made the playoffs last season. It's nice to beat them.

They are definately first round teams..I think our talent is on that level..When Rose, Melo and KP figure out when to let the other go off, we will be a different team..Defense will hold us back..

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/22/2016  10:43 PM
holfresh wrote:
crzymdups wrote:One noticeable topic - second straight "best win of the season" type game... second game without Noah...

We miss Noah..Noah would have played Davis better..

I still think he'll come around...best guy boxing out on this team, which is why Davis killed us first half.

Not yet in top shape, IMO. If he's not up to par by games 20-25, then I'll be worried.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/22/2016  10:54 PM
We'll be happy by Christmas
(5)(5)
WP76
Member: #4508

11/22/2016  11:04 PM
Detroit, Portland, and Atlanta may not be great teams but they're teams that, in the last few years, would beat us more often than not. Baby steps.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/22/2016  11:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/22/2016  11:08 PM
Coach needs to clean up a few things..KP and Melo are playing too many minutes..KP should not be playing 40 mins a game, more like 34/35..Melo should not be playing 36/37 mins per game more like 33/34...Also he is bringing back Melo too late in the 4th quarter..He is bringing him back cold, at a critical time, 5/6 min mark, knowing he wants to shoot and get involved..At that time the game has a flow with KP already and a little Rose..I have seen it a couple of times...He needs to figure that out...
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

11/22/2016  11:12 PM
solid win vs a disappointing portland team (horrible defense) but solid win nonetheless

noah STAY HOME. lol!

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/23/2016  12:12 AM
Before the season I had a thread talking about how Rose steps up against other top PG's and this was one of those games where he raises his level against a top guard going at him. It's a nice weapon to have after being abused by opposing guards last few years!
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/23/2016  1:10 AM
nixluva wrote:BJ INTENSITY

Ha ha!

sidneydeane
Member: #6384

11/23/2016  4:56 AM
holfresh wrote:POR, ATL, and DET aren't great teams..We should be able to compete with them with our talent..Our bigs have to play better defense to compete with the Torontos of the world..Still early..

Pretty sure we competed with toronto a couple weeks ago. Rose is looking great even with the midrange very inconsistent. Much better on D. Hornaceks rotations have been all over the place all season, seems to be finding it now though i do agree he is riding carmello a bit to much. Would like to see rose play a few more minutes instead

mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
11/23/2016  6:10 AM
WP76 wrote:Detroit, Portland, and Atlanta may not be great teams but they're teams that, in the last few years, would beat us more often than not. Baby steps.

Agree....again I remind some Knicks fans we can't go from a losing franchise to the Cleveland Cavs or Warriors level instantly. This franchise has to progressively get to be watchable team like this game. All i want to see right now is positive progress

BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/23/2016  6:14 AM
holfresh wrote:If the team does well the rest of the way without the triangle, what does Phil do at the end of the season..
Fire the coach and trade everybody for former Lakers he used to coach (if there are any left). Life is not worth living if you can't win running the Triangle.
Welpee

11/23/2016  6:18 AM
Now that the team is playing better where's the dude with all the advanced stats on how Rose and Jennings suck and Baker should be the starting pg?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/23/2016  6:56 AM
nyk4ever wrote:this was a GREAT win. knicks haven't won games like tonight in a long time. this was a knockdown brawl and this team persevered and pushed through it. seeing carmelo take a backseat tonight to allow rose, kp to do their thing shows me alot. dare i say it... this is actually a TEAM.

backseat? he took 23 shots?

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/23/2016  8:58 AM
I think this was the first time I listed to the whole post game... I really like this coach. I really like Wally's points also.

A few points/observations:
- Nobody froze out KP. Coach said they called 3-4 plays down the stretch for him and just couldnt get him the ball.
- There is a price to pay for small ball and you saw we had troubles on the boards late in the game and it almost cost us
- The thing Wally couldnt shut up about? Rose's athleticism. He must have said "he's got his MVP legs" at least 3x
- Jennings continues to shoot poorly, however 11 assists, 3 rebs, 2 steals and ZERO turnovers is fantastic. Great job on the Blazer's wings
- Alan Crabbe sucks as much as his hair doo. Sorry Briggs
- $35mm a year for Crabbe/Turner combined. Really makes our offseason look better and better
- We all knew Kuz could score, but last night he was really engaged on defense, helping on the boards. He's a great piece for the coach. He played like a seasoned stud in that 4th qtr.
- I dont have a problem with the rotation. Coach has had to lean on Melo/KP and thats OK. We need wins. We need good play. He should back off those minutes pretty soon as we continue to establish the bench guys (which I think we are seeing).
- As the talent starts to gel the team simply looks better and better.
- We need Noah back. Frontcourt depth is huge for us

Great exciting game. Impressed with the defense on our wings. They fought and played their asses off. Rose and Jennings never lack effort.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
11/23/2016  9:06 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
nyk4ever wrote:this was a GREAT win. knicks haven't won games like tonight in a long time. this was a knockdown brawl and this team persevered and pushed through it. seeing carmelo take a backseat tonight to allow rose, kp to do their thing shows me alot. dare i say it... this is actually a TEAM.

backseat? he took 23 shots?

amazing... Melo comes off a monster game vs. Atl. Next game he stinks, Knicks win and this is your focus. So lame.
fishmike
USA
11/23/2016  9:08 AM
Welpee wrote:Now that the team is playing better where's the dude with all the advanced stats on how Rose and Jennings suck and Baker should be the starting pg?
He's probably moved on to a new crowd as this one is just too stoopid to understand his brilliance
Welpee

11/23/2016  11:04 AM
fishmike wrote:I think this was the first time I listed to the whole post game... I really like this coach. I really like Wally's points also.

- Nobody froze out KP. Coach said they called 3-4 plays down the stretch for him and just couldnt get him the ball.
- There is a price to pay for small ball and you saw we had troubles on the boards late in the game and it almost cost us
- The thing Wally couldnt shut up about? Rose's athleticism. He must have said "he's got his MVP legs" at least 3x
- Jennings continues to shoot poorly, however 11 assists, 3 rebs, 2 steals and ZERO turnovers is fantastic. Great job on the Blazer's wings
- $35mm a year for Crabbe/Turner combined. Really makes our offseason look better and better
- We all knew Kuz could score, but last night he was really engaged on defense, helping on the boards. He's a great piece for the coach. He played like a seasoned stud in that 4th qtr.
- I dont have a problem with the rotation. Coach has had to lean on Melo/KP and thats OK. We need wins. We need good play. He should back off those minutes pretty soon as we continue to establish the bench guys (which I think we are seeing).

Great exciting game. Impressed with the defense on our wings. They fought and played their asses off. Rose and Jennings never lack effort.

Agreed. And instead of bringing in Josh Smith or Lance Stevenson like people here have suggested I am glad it appears we have elected to develop Kuz and Willy and Ndour and Holiday instead.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/23/2016  11:17 AM
fishmike wrote:I think this was the first time I listed to the whole post game... I really like this coach. I really like Wally's points also.

Great post. Also, the Knicks were playing without out two of their best defenders in Noah and Thomas.
I thought Wally was awesome on the broadcast.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Unusual game today (Portland, 730)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy