Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/20/2016  2:31 PM
Chandler wrote:More boards and assists than Hawks who are a very solid team

Nice

Let's build on this

Portland game Tuesday could be tough.

I am VERY interested to see the back to back against Charlotte next weekend. That's an interesting test and I think the Knicks match up well there. Be nice to sweep that back to back with them.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/20/2016  2:43 PM
Good win.
Need these sort of wins to keep in the playoff race/picture. Even with the slow start, at 6-7 Knicks are tied for 7th in the East.

Liked that Hornachek went with Rose/Jennings backcourt and Melo at the 4 in the 4th again today. That's exactly what we need.

KP was on his way to another big scoring game but picked up that silly 4th foul early in the 3rd. Solid game for him still with 19 points and 11 boards.

Melo was on. That's superstar Melo, we don't get him on a consistent basis but he's still capable to bring it out.

Rose is still struggling to finish around the basket. Perhaps because teams know he can't shoot so he will usually go all out for the layup, and contest the shots extremely well. However he has consistently beaten his man off the dribble and been pushing the ball with ease.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/20/2016  2:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2016  2:49 PM
Knicks need to play at noon every game
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/20/2016  2:44 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Chandler wrote:More boards and assists than Hawks who are a very solid team

Nice

Let's build on this

Portland game Tuesday could be tough.

I am VERY interested to see the back to back against Charlotte next weekend. That's an interesting test and I think the Knicks match up well there. Be nice to sweep that back to back with them.

I'm encouraged because this team is still a work in progress. They're going to continue to get better in their execution as a unit. This game was VERY important for their growth and confidence.

Welpee
Member: #6239

11/20/2016  2:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/20/2016  2:48 PM
crzymdups wrote:I would say that between the game in Toronto, the win against Detroit and today's game, we've seen some very promising signs in the past week of what this team can be. The loss in Washington was bad, but it was the second night of a back to back. Overall, some progress in the past week.
Yeah, I think we just need to be patient. Though I have to admit, I think the Hawks are little overrated.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/20/2016  2:49 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Also, I can't stress enough - this is the best CLee and DRose have looked to me today. Best by far.

And great game for Billy.

Should Noah be an assistant coach going forward?

IMO you just reduce Noah's minutes.

I still see Noah continuing to improve as he gets into better shape.

Would like to know how much heavier he is now than when he was DPOY. My guess is 20+ lbs. He is not as quick right now as I remember him with the Bulls.

It does seem that we really lucked out with Willy, though...maybe we end up with a poor man's Marc Gasol...who knows?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
11/20/2016  2:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Also, I can't stress enough - this is the best CLee and DRose have looked to me today. Best by far.

Would like to know how much heavier he is now than when he was DPOY. My guess is 20+ lbs. He is not as quick right now as I remember him with the Bulls.

It does seem that we really lucked out with Willy, though...maybe we end up with a poor man's Marc Gasol...who knows?

No "luck" involved with Willy or KP! They scouted the hell out of those guys. They were very confident in what they had. It's great to see Willy playing well at this level. KP and Willy look like a great start on our future.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/20/2016  3:08 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

No "luck" involved with Willy or KP! They scouted the hell out of those guys. They were very confident in what they had. It's great to see Willy playing well at this level. KP and Willy look like a great start on our future.

There's always luck. KP was in the previous draft before us and backed out. Willy isn't a typical 2nd rounder.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/20/2016  3:16 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Always "luck" involved...everyone gets "scouted the hell out of" for the most part, these days. KP was a known talent...Willy less so. Glad we ended up with both of them.

I was a fan of the pick after reading up about him after we got him, and talked about him being our "1st rnd pick" for this, but you can never be sure about any pick until you've seen them in action for your team.

Seems like he's a good one, and I expect him to only get better.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/20/2016  4:23 PM
Great win. Classic Melo leads the win. Melo haters.........crickets.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/20/2016  6:20 PM
Wish I had watched sounds like a great win
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/20/2016  7:28 PM
8th seed baby!
PURE KNICKS LOVE
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/20/2016  7:28 PM
Good to see a nice team win without Melo, KP or Rose over working themselves..They didn't have to play as hard as they did against Detroit which cost them the Washington game..That will matter down the stretch..Hardaway Jr. bulked up and his game is more calm and polished...Rose actually played an excellent defensive game..Many here have been knocking his defense..When that mid range shot start falling, he will be hard to handle...
nixluva
USA
11/21/2016  1:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/21/2016  1:27 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Always "luck" involved...everyone gets "scouted the hell out of" for the most part, these days. KP was a known talent...Willy less so. Glad we ended up with both of them.

I was a fan of the pick after reading up about him after we got him, and talked about him being our "1st rnd pick" for this, but you can never be sure about any pick until you've seen them in action for your team.

No EVERYONE doesn't get scouted the hell out of. Let's not make this into a game of silliness. Of course you hope that any player you draft will be as good or better than your predictions for him. Still it takes hard work and skill to recognize raw talent and project what you think they will be. That's why they pay these guys to spend so much time evaluating and then giving their best recommendation.

What I meant by scouted the hell out of them is that the Knicks sent basically EVERYONE to go and see KP and Willy as well as other players. They haven't ALWAYS done that. So that's why I said it wasn't luck. That is hard F'n work. Does it guarantee success? Of course not but you make your own luck with hard work and that's what the Knicks brass did. So give them their due for once, that's all i'm saying.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/21/2016  4:00 AM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

No EVERYONE doesn't get scouted the hell out of. Let's not make this into a game of silliness. Of course you hope that any player you draft will be as good or better than your predictions for him. Still it takes hard work and skill to recognize raw talent and project what you think they will be. That's why they pay these guys to spend so much time evaluating and then giving their best recommendation.

What I meant by scouted the hell out of them is that the Knicks sent basically EVERYONE to go and see KP and Willy as well as other players. They haven't ALWAYS done that. So that's why I said it wasn't luck. That is hard F'n work. Does it guarantee success? Of course not but you make your own luck with hard work and that's what the Knicks brass did. So give them their due for once, that's all i'm saying.

They actually said they chose Willy because he played with KP and wanted him to have someone he can relate to on the roster, and once again KP was in the draft the year before as a sure fire 1st round pick. He wasn't absolutely known. the Knicks did what anyone else did. They saw available talent and grabbed it.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/21/2016  10:21 AM
excellent win plain and simple. Atl is very good and if Dwight gets going they are impossible to stop with their inside outside thread. Knicks contested their jumpers well and did a great job on Dwight. KOQ worked very hard against him and after getting some bad whistles Willy had a couple really nice stops on him as well.

Melo got a lot of time at the 4 where he continues to show is his best fit. The bench is looking better all the time as the rotation tightens, and the the PG play on both ends continues to improve as well. It was nice to get a win with Noah being out.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/21/2016  10:37 AM
we do play faster without noah in the middle. when noah gets the ball at the ft line...very often he looks for a cutter to pass the ball to instead of looking for his own offense. i think he needs to take some shots instead of deferring all the time.
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/21/2016  12:24 PM
Cartman718 wrote:we do play faster without noah in the middle. when noah gets the ball at the ft line...very often he looks for a cutter to pass the ball to instead of looking for his own offense. i think he needs to take some shots instead of deferring all the time.

The team is a half court team with Noah and Melo out there..I don't think Jennings fits well with this group because of Noah at the ft line as you say looking for cutters and Melo doing his own thing..But what I would like to see more is Lee and Rose playing more of a two man game on the wing just to get Lee a few shots...And Rose can look for spot up shooters when they start over playing Lee...

I would also like to see Lee, KP and Rose cutting more when Noah has the ball at the ft line..I actually think the offense will be fine..My worry is defense and the bench..

nixluva
USA
11/21/2016  12:41 PM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

They actually said they chose Willy because he played with KP and wanted him to have someone he can relate to on the roster, and once again KP was in the draft the year before as a sure fire 1st round pick. He wasn't absolutely known. the Knicks did what anyone else did. They saw available talent and grabbed it.

You're missing my point. KP may have had a ton of upside but it was not an automatic choice. It's revisionist history to talk like there was no question about KP. Many thought a more sure bet prospect was the right move.

It's not about KP being unknown and Willy being KP's friend. They put actual resources into acquiring Willy because they really put a lot of thought into his fit here and his skills. They liked what they saw with KP and Willy on the floor together and that was some serious forethought. Phil listened to his scouts when it came to KP and Willy and they were right. He was the one who picked Grant and he was wrong about that one. Phil has admitted that assessing raw talent isn't his thing. It's hard not to give the Knicks staff some credit for assessing talent at this point.

Knicks vs Hawks 11/20 12noon

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy