[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread - Pistons at Knicks - Small ball against Drummond?
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

11/16/2016  10:25 PM
Great game overall but the end was horrible play from Melo and Rose. Too much stalling and holding onto the ball. I know in the 4th quarters many teams run their offense through the stars but there was a lack of focus there. On both ends. Jeff needs to get them to work with that in pracrice. If that's the new closing lineup which is essentially a spread offense with speed, running most of it through Rose, you need much better work of getting Rose screens.

I do like how things are coming along. Kristaps is a special player. Felt so since last year. Need him to keep developing above all else. It is just 1 game, but he has been consistent all year (aside from one game they barely gave him the ball and Jeff called them out on it) in contributing on offense. His isolation game, especially his ballhandling has improved incredibly. Exciting.

Noah loved the game from him. What a character. Gets benched last game, stays positive and comes out with this game.

Our main weakness right now is our bench. We don't have a reliable scoring threat. Jennings can drive but teams aren't afraid of his scoring. Too many rooks/newbies too. Jeff made an important call with inserting Porzingis in early in the 2nd. Longterm I just don't know what else we can do. We have to have Rose or Melo or KP out there at all times in the game. There's no other way to deal with the lack of scoring power off the bench.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/16/2016  11:04 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Gotta keep this up, now we need rose to have a break out game

I don't want that to happen and have him think he should shoot more. He's perfectly fine as a 3rd option getting his 12-14 shots per game.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/16/2016  11:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:

I don't want that to happen and have him think he should shoot more. He's perfectly fine as a 3rd option getting his 12-14 shots per game.

I don't think Rose is looking to do that at this point. He's enjoying not having the full weight of the franchise on his back. He can just pick his spots and if he can eventually get his shot going then so be it but he seems content to just pitch in rather than trying to be the franchise player at this point. He's never had less pressure on him.
Killa4luv
Alba Posts: 51
Member: #261
USA
11/17/2016  12:06 AM
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I don't think Rose is looking to do that at this point. He's enjoying not having the full weight of the franchise on his back. He can just pick his spots and if he can eventually get his shot going then so be it but he seems content to just pitch in rather than trying to be the franchise player at this point. He's never had less pressure on him.

And thats all we need from him, unless there is just a matchup that desperately needs to be exploited.
If I'm coach I'm telling rose 90% of his shots should be 12ft in and the other 10% 15 ft in. No 3s.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

11/17/2016  12:21 AM
For days I've been calling for the team to finally break out and play a quicker style of play and that's exactly what they did tonight. Very few times did the ball stick. They really played loose and cohesive. They were all aggressive and took good shots...Even Courtney Lee played pretty aggressive. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well tonight, but he stepped up and played aggressively.. Made himself a threat.. Good game. Kudos to Kyle O'Quinn and Justin Holiday off the bench. Both have really stepped up nicely. Jennings has played pretty well too. We've managed to put together a real good game and a half here. Keep building.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/17/2016  12:26 AM
Finestrg wrote:For days I've been calling for the team to finally break out and play a quicker style of play and that's exactly what they did tonight. Very few times did the ball stick. They really played loose and cohesive. They were all aggressive and took good shots...Even Courtney Lee played pretty aggressive. He didn't shoot the ball particularly well tonight, but he stepped up and played aggressively.. Made himself a threat.. Good game. Kudos to Kyle O'Quinn and Justin Holiday off the bench. Both have really stepped up nicely. Jennings has played pretty well too. We've managed to put together a real good game and a half here. Keep building.

They actually looked like a Jeff Hornacek coached team tonight. That is what he wants and it was good to see the team execute. The constant ball and player movement and great spacing. Just gotta keep playing better on D and that should help them get a lot of wins.
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/17/2016  3:23 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Great game overall but the end was horrible play from Melo and Rose. Too much stalling and holding onto the ball. I know in the 4th quarters many teams run their offense through the stars but there was a lack of focus there. On both ends. Jeff needs to get them to work with that in pracrice. If that's the new closing lineup which is essentially a spread offense with speed, running most of it through Rose, you need much better work of getting Rose screens.

I do like how things are coming along. Kristaps is a special player. Felt so since last year. Need him to keep developing above all else. It is just 1 game, but he has been consistent all year (aside from one game they barely gave him the ball and Jeff called them out on it) in contributing on offense. His isolation game, especially his ballhandling has improved incredibly. Exciting.

Noah loved the game from him. What a character. Gets benched last game, stays positive and comes out with this game.

Our main weakness right now is our bench. We don't have a reliable scoring threat. Jennings can drive but teams aren't afraid of his scoring. Too many rooks/newbies too. Jeff made an important call with inserting Porzingis in early in the 2nd. Longterm I just don't know what else we can do. We have to have Rose or Melo or KP out there at all times in the game. There's no other way to deal with the lack of scoring power off the bench.

I agree regarding Melo but Rose made several clutch plays. Regarding the bench, I think we have to invest in these young guys early in the season so that we'll have a bench in February and March. The Lance Thomas situation actually is a blessing in disguise in that Holiday had a chance to prove himself.
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/17/2016  5:44 AM
Killa4luv wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

And thats all we need from him, unless there is just a matchup that desperately needs to be exploited.
If I'm coach I'm telling rose 90% of his shots should be 12ft in and the other 10% 15 ft in. No 3s.

Would be happy if Lee got going.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/17/2016  9:40 AM
Great to win this game. Detroit is a gritty, professional team, and glad we found a way to hold them off

I did have some heart palpitations when melo seemed to want to get detriot back in the game

We have two good pg and a couple of sg who can also handle the ball. Please melo trust your teammates and that they'll get you the ball

I do not miss Jose or AA, and I think our backcourt will continue to gel and improve

(5)(5)
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/17/2016  9:46 AM
crzymdups wrote:Hey I made the last game thread and we won. I'm going for 2-0!

man, can you start the Washington one so Eny doesn't

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/17/2016  10:07 AM
great game. We beat them with size and depth. KP was amazing, Melo backed that up beautifully and Rose gave a nice pop as the 3rd option. We beat them in every qtr but the last, and Det did a good job to fight back into that game. Ish Smith hitting 3s is not a normal thing so give him credit for hitting some great shots and giving Det a chance to tie it at the end.

One more win to .500 and I like the momentum we are gaining. Team is looking better all the time. We are getting lots of contributions. Jennings and Rose have both stepped up defensively and despite Jennings poor shooting he continues to get guys involved (7 assists).

A win is a win. We need to beat down Wash who are really struggling.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Game Thread - Pistons at Knicks - Small ball against Drummond?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy