[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread - Pistons at Knicks - Small ball against Drummond?
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/16/2016  2:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2016  2:48 PM
Hey I made the last game thread and we won. I'm going for 2-0!

Last time we played Detroit - their small ball combo forwards Tobias Harris and Marcus Morris tore up the Knicks on the wing. Will Hornacek go small to combat that lineup? It'd be nice to have a healthy Lance Thomas for this game, because both Harris and Morris are too big for Justin Holiday.

Maybe N'Dour can be called upon?

Also last game, KP was in a good rhythm but Hornacek sat him for the first nine minutes of the 4th quarter. Hopefully we'll see better rotation management tonight!

Jennings also had a solid game - hopefully he comes out inspired tonight.

Let's go!

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

11/16/2016  3:01 PM
Kporzingus should be able to run circles around Drummond - if melo and coach hornecek allow it
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
11/16/2016  3:12 PM
I just wish we didn't try to match up to other teams and forced teams to match up to us.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/16/2016  3:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2016  3:17 PM
Knixkik wrote:I just wish we didn't try to match up to other teams and forced teams to match up to us.

Those were the days. I remember when teams used to fear our defense, I hate that any old scrub knows they're going to have a career game vs us

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/16/2016  3:22 PM
I think we win and its a big Melo game. Morris hit a ton of crazy shots over him last time... so far the Knicks have shown good effort after getting beat. This is their first chance against a team that beat them this year. We really just need to find ways to win games. Im not picky!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/16/2016  3:31 PM
Knixkik wrote:I just wish we didn't try to match up to other teams and forced teams to match up to us.

That's what Phil wants bit the rest of the basketball world wants us to play like everyone else.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knixkik
USA
11/16/2016  3:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2016  3:42 PM
EnySpree wrote:

That's what Phil wants bit the rest of the basketball world wants us to play like everyone else.

You play to your strengths. Our strengths are Melo and KP being so versatile on offense that they are a mismatch nightmare for opposing big men. If you play KP mostly away from the basket, he is relatively easy to guard. He is just going to spot up. Playing him in the post, he is nearly impossible to guard, and can bring centers outside when he wants. We know how much of a mismatch Melo is too. Playing smaller like eveyone else is doing, happens to be our strength. How many teams have offensive talent like Melo and KP in the front court?

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/16/2016  3:45 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

You play to your strengths. Our strengths are Melo and KP being so versatile on offense that they are a mismatch nightmare for opposing big men. If you play KP mostly away from the basket, he is relatively easy to guard. He is just going to spot up. Playing him in the post, he is nearly impossible to guard, and can bring centers outside when he wants. We know how much of a mismatch Melo is too. Playing smaller like eveyone else is doing, happens to be our strength. How many teams have offensive talent like Melo and KP in the front court?

Yes, I think playing small ball actually does play to the strengths of Melo and KP.

But at some point you have to react to the way other teams are playing. Even teams in the Finals make adjustments to the other team. You have to do it, or a team can keep exploiting a weakness it finds.

¿ △ ?
EnySpree

11/16/2016  4:10 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Yes, I think playing small ball actually does play to the strengths of Melo and KP.

But at some point you have to react to the way other teams are playing. Even teams in the Finals make adjustments to the other team. You have to do it, or a team can keep exploiting a weakness it finds.

At some point too you have to instill your will on the league. Melo being a 4 and Kristaps the 5 doesn't change anything. We do need to dictate how the game istarted played. Triangle, "spread offense", pick and roll.... it's all the same game of basketball. You get guys into the right spots to be successful. On defense you see the ball and see your man. Not rocket science.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

11/16/2016  4:12 PM
Anyway.... this is a revenge game. We need this W!
Knixkik
USA
11/16/2016  4:17 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Then you can play Noah and Hermangomez some extended minutes. We have the ability to give a lot of looks out there. Noah still has a ton of value to us. But our strength is KP and Melo, who are matchup nightmares for every team.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/16/2016  5:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/16/2016  5:35 PM
We've seen former Knicks coaches let starters play starters minutes all season no matter how poorly they were playing. Hornacek very quickly has benched poorly performing starters, experimented with the lineup.

Not like Fisher who spent all season experimenting, sitting players even if they were playing well, which made developing some kind of chemistry unlikely. As long as Jeff figures things out, this is a good sign.

Want to see them keep feeding the hot hand. We have a bunch of ball dominant players who probably will be more comfortable taking a smaller role at times, if they know they will get the ball when they're feeling it.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/16/2016  5:37 PM
It makes a huge difference having that extra shooter in there in place of Noah. Teams get spread thin and you can't handle KP and Melo and also recover to the guards. That could turn into the Death Lineup for the Knicks.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

11/16/2016  6:22 PM
did i read somewhere that drummond might not play?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/16/2016  6:25 PM
callmened wrote:Kporzingus should be able to run circles around Drummond - if melo and coach hornecek allow it
The flip side is Drummond could also foul KP out in 10 minutes if it goes the Pistons way
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
11/16/2016  6:25 PM
Cartman718 wrote:did i read somewhere that drummond might not play?
Did you?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Andrew
USA
11/16/2016  6:28 PM
ESPN has Drummond out.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
EnySpree

11/16/2016  6:30 PM
Alot of you guys like to say we don't need another scorer... this league proves that you can't survive with only 2 scorers out of 5.... you need everyone to have the ability to score on their own. That would encourages good passing. It also inspires the defense.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/16/2016  6:55 PM
Andrew wrote:ESPN has Drummond out.

Small ball here we come!

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/16/2016  7:03 PM
Andrew wrote:ESPN has Drummond out.
Wow. Knicks catch a break.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Game Thread - Pistons at Knicks - Small ball against Drummond?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy