[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We need a Power Forward
Author Thread
kevlofton
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #317
USA
8/8/2004  3:29 AM
If we get Dampier to sign for the MLE. I believe all we would then need is a PF that can score in the post. Maybe Shareef Abdur-Rahim in a Trade. I would even be willing to give up Sweetney.Any thoughts???

Marbury
Houston / Crawford
Thomas
Abdur-Rahim
Dampier
Real Knick Fan
AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
8/8/2004  3:50 AM
Posted by kevlofton:

If we get Dampier to sign for the MLE. I believe all we would then need is a PF that can score in the post. Maybe Shareef Abdur-Rahim in a Trade. I would even be willing to give up Sweetney.Any thoughts???

Marbury
Houston / Crawford
Thomas
Abdur-Rahim
Dampier

i think i'd rather develop sweetney since he can become a better player than shareef ever will be.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
8/8/2004  3:52 AM
Sweetney will be one of the best PFs in the game.
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/8/2004  10:51 AM
I would never give up Sweetney for Shareef, Sweetney already is a monster on the boards and hopefully this year he will develop a low post game...i agree RICH, he will be one of the best PF's in the game, just give him some time
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/8/2004  10:57 AM
We gotta keep Sweets. He's being groomed to do big things @ PF on this team. What he lacks in size, he more than makes up for in hustle and talent.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/8/2004  11:06 AM
Gotta go with everyone else on this. Keep Sweets. I think we're fine at PF. I'm even hoping that we can include Kurt in a sign and trade for Damps, so we can open up more minutes for Sweets + JYD.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
8/8/2004  11:08 AM
If we get Dampier with the MLE we will not need to get a Power Forward. Actually, we would have a lot of those so trading one like KT for a future center prospect would be the best thing for the team's future. Right now I'm more worried about giving enough playtime to Sweets and JYD at PF than getting another PF. Of course, all that's if Dampier signs, something I really really hope that happens soon. If we ended up signing him and trading KT, Im sure that Sweets, JYD, and even Baker would do a nice job at PF.
Knicks_Fan
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/8/2004  11:16 AM
please trade Kurt Thomas so that he doesn't wine when Sweetney gets the start
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/8/2004  1:04 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

please trade Kurt Thomas so that he doesn't wine when Sweetney gets the start
UNREAL B...u are unreal.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
PooPooPrince
Member: #719
8/8/2004  11:34 PM
Houston and Sweetney for Webber
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/8/2004  11:39 PM
Hell no. I would never trade Sweetney for Webber. When he was healthy, I would do that trade in a heart beat, but not now. We can trade Naser and Houston for Webber.
The true Knickabocker..........
PooPooPrince
8/8/2004  11:47 PM
Posted by diderotn:

Hell no. I would never trade Sweetney for Webber. When he was healthy, I would do that trade in a heart beat, but not now. We can trade Naser and Houston for Webber.

its still a good deal

gives a reson for Dampier to sign mle

Dampier
Webber
T.Thomas
Crawford
Marbury

good team
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
8/8/2004  11:58 PM
Posted by PooPooPrince:
Posted by diderotn:

its still a good deal

Dampier
Webber
T.Thomas
Crawford
Marbury

good team
yeah! let's trade one guy w/bad knees, and part of our future for another guy w/bad knees. sounds like a plan.
c'mon dude, you can't be serious about trading a guy that's pretty much reaching the bottom of the hill, for a guy that was completely unstopable in college and avg'd about 20pts 11rebs this past summer league.
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
8/9/2004  12:00 AM
Here's an idea...how bout we just let sweets develop. IMO the sky is the limit for him, and in the mean time, we have JYD, kurt, and/or baker who can make up the slack.
PooPooPrince
8/9/2004  3:21 AM
Posted by daddynel:
Posted by PooPooPrince:
Posted by diderotn:

its still a good deal

Dampier
Webber
T.Thomas
Crawford
Marbury

good team
yeah! let's trade one guy w/bad knees, and part of our future for another guy w/bad knees. sounds like a plan.
c'mon dude, you can't be serious about trading a guy that's pretty much reaching the bottom of the hill, for a guy that was completely unstopable in college and avg'd about 20pts 11rebs this past summer league.

question is whether u think a webber at 80% with

dampier at mle
thomas
crawford
marbury

can beat detroit

wallace
rasheed
prince
hamilton
billups

if u think they can come close u should do the trade and the insane spending will continue because the playoffs generate so much revenue

u can save webber till the 2nd half of the season and play kt for the regular season
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/9/2004  8:41 AM
wrong, if we continue to have Kurt Thomas in our lineup, he will pretty much kill the chemistry that Lenny and Isiah are so desperately trying to build. He is going to whine like a little b*tch, and most of all he and Anderson will run their mouths through the media hungry of N.Y just like last season. We don't need those two.
The true Knickabocker..........
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/9/2004  9:36 AM
I like sweets a lot, but he gets better and better each day in the off season, we don't know if he is ready for prime time. Him being in the rotations is still a huge promotion for him. KT is a proven commodity who plays thru injury. We might not have to ask him to do so. KT can score and play good defense.

Trading Allan is a pipe dream until his health is known. And Trading for Weber is also froathy. If Sac wants to do it, move Cweb and keep Peja Im ok with it, but I just dont thing that one is doable.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/9/2004  10:40 AM
Posted by diderotn:

wrong, if we continue to have Kurt Thomas in our lineup, he will pretty much kill the chemistry that Lenny and Isiah are so desperately trying to build. He is going to whine like a little b*tch, and most of all he and Anderson will run their mouths through the media hungry of N.Y just like last season. We don't need those two.
I've seen Kurt complain quietly like most players do initially when taken out of the starting lineup, but I've never seen him do something bad enough to "kill team chemistry"
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/9/2004  11:05 AM
KT has been putting himself before the team recently (nothing like McGrady killing the Magic, or Carter and the Raps) but he still is complaining....and IMO, he doesn't have the stature or the skill to complain on his role. This Knicks team gave him a chance when noone else would (not this management, but this team). He totally crapped out in the playoffs, ever since he hurt his pinky, and he played through it, but the way he was playing, I would have rather had him off the court and healing.
~You can't run from who you are.~
franco12
Member: #599
USA
8/9/2004  11:48 AM
why is everyone killing Kurt Thomas?

Sure, he's not the most skilled player, but thats it.

He has done nothing but get better every season and work his butt off during games.

Sure, he's gotten a bad rap for T's and stupid fouls, but he is one of the harder working knicks.

He actually trys to play defense.

And while sweetney might have the potential to be a great player in this league, lets wait until he actually does something during the course of the regular season before we annoit him the next big thing.

The power forwards on the team right now aren't bad- KT, Sweetney & JYD.

Add Baker to the mix and things improve.
We need a Power Forward

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy