[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/14/2016  9:48 PM
Holiday not looking like just a throw in. Nice game today. Anyone remember Grant?
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/14/2016  9:49 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Don't look now but the Knicks are playing good defense. Held the Mavs to 66 pts with 3 minutes to play (and they're not fouling like the last 2 games).

BTW, I think Holiday has officially usurped Lance in the rotation--even when he's back from injury. Lance has not been good this year. Holiday can provide both defense and offense.

To be fair, the Mavs are also god awful. They're 2-6 coming in, soon to be 2-7, playing without Dirk. They're not a good team.

¿ △ ?
ScoreBot
11/14/2016  9:50 PM
4Q - 1:46
NYK 89 DAL 70
HofstraBBall

11/14/2016  9:52 PM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Don't look now but the Knicks are playing good defense. Held the Mavs to 66 pts with 3 minutes to play (and they're not fouling like the last 2 games).

BTW, I think Holiday has officially usurped Lance in the rotation--even when he's back from injury. Lance has not been good this year. Holiday can provide both defense and offense.

To be fair, the Mavs are also god awful. They're 2-6 coming in, soon to be 2-7, playing without Dirk. They're not a good team.

Its a start. Specially how it looked early on.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
ScoreBot
11/14/2016  9:54 PM
4Q - 1:25
NYK 92 DAL 70
ScoreBot
11/14/2016  9:58 PM
FINAL
NYK 93 DAL 77
crzymdups
USA
11/14/2016  9:58 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Oh, I don't disagree. I was ready to check out if they lost this one.

¿ △ ?
HofstraBBall

11/14/2016  10:00 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Hear you there.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2016  10:01 PM
LET JEFF BE JEFF!!! The team looked much different with the smaller lineup and it looked more like a Jeff Hornacek team. Hopefully he can take to heart what he saw and make it more of a regular thing going forward.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/14/2016  10:02 PM
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Noted. But their D looked dominant in the 3rd with the lineup change. It will help with them buying into playing defense for future games and will grow confidence.

crzymdups
USA
11/14/2016  10:03 PM
nixluva wrote:LET JEFF BE JEFF!!! The team looked much different with the smaller lineup and it looked more like a Jeff Hornacek team. Hopefully he can take to heart what he saw and make it more of a regular thing going forward.

It was also against the Mavs. We heard this kind of talk after the Brooklyn win, too. But that was Brooklyn. They don't get to play below average teams every night. But it sure helps when they can!

I would like to see Holiday play more than Noah right now though.

¿ △ ?
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/14/2016  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:LET JEFF BE JEFF!!! The team looked much different with the smaller lineup and it looked more like a Jeff Hornacek team. Hopefully he can take to heart what he saw and make it more of a regular thing going forward.

What I like about him is that he's not afraid to bench veterans or star players when other lineups are working. In a previous game, Rose sat the entire 2nd half when Jennings had it going. Tonight, because of matchups, Noah was benched in the 2nd half and we excelled. Not a lot of coaches would have the balls to do this. There should be no ego. What's best for the team.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2016  10:08 PM
crzymdups wrote:

It was also against the Mavs. We heard this kind of talk after the Brooklyn win, too. But that was Brooklyn. They don't get to play below average teams every night. But it sure helps when they can!

I don't really base it on the opponent. The Knicks had chances in other games against better teams but they didn't execute on the level they did tonight. You can see good defense vs bad D no matter who you play. Don't dismiss this based on who they played. They started the game playing poorly and with bad matchups. They ended playing up to their talent level which is what they should always be doing.

crzymdups
USA
11/14/2016  10:13 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I don't really base it on the opponent. The Knicks had chances in other games against better teams but they didn't execute on the level they did tonight. You can see good defense vs bad D no matter who you play. Don't dismiss this based on who they played. They started the game playing poorly and with bad matchups. They ended playing up to their talent level which is what they should always be doing.

You don't think it has to do with their opponent? I do!

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

11/14/2016  10:15 PM
crzymdups wrote:

I assume that Holiday gets more time depending on match-ups...but he sure as hell made a case for a larger role, and it was impressive to see him going up against a bigger player-Barnes- and shutting him down on offense.

With Thomas hurting, this is a pretty big moment for Holiday...hopefully, he is up to it.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
crzymdups
USA
11/14/2016  10:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/14/2016  10:17 PM
Justin Holiday tonight - 25min 6/7fg 16pts good defense

+30 on +/-

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
11/14/2016  10:20 PM
Wonder what this is about

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/14/2016  10:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

Hear you there.

Yeah, i wasn't to impress with this win, we need to beat a few good teams

ES
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/14/2016  10:55 PM

I heard that Phil wasn't exactly upset with the lack of triangle, he said he just wants to see system basketball.

ES
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/14/2016  11:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:

agreed its not like we got a impressive win against a tough team. I still think 42-45 wins is a pretty accurate total which isnt bad
Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy