[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!
Author Thread
Jmpasq
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4182

11/14/2016  8:43 PM
crzymdups wrote:
Andrew wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Melo is a terrible player right now.
Can we double check the melo no trade clause

If this team is terrible around the all-star break, I think it'd be possible to convince him of a trade to the Clippers or something.

Should of tanked thi season. They will win 30 games enough not to get a top 5 pick

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/14/2016  8:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I'm ready to trade everyone on the team but KP for draft picks.

I wish Phil had simply let Jeff run what he wanted. The team could use more spread offense with no Post player. Bogut is basically ignoring Noah and that would change if you ran a 4 Out set and had Noah setting the picks up top for Rose. The lane would be open and the 3pt shot would be there.

I completely agree. Phil needs to stop trying to coach from the 10th row. And I'm beginning to think that includes having Rambis on the staff at all. I don't think it was JH's decision to have Rambis on staff. Having him there makes it confusing what the line of authority is. Should the players listen to Rambis or Hornacek? Hornacek is Rambis's superior, but Rambis might be telling them what Phil wants... it's a bad situation and Phil is responsible. Good management is putting your team is position to succeed and Phil has given Jeff an ugly obstacle early.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

nixluva wrote:

I wish Phil had simply let Jeff run what he wanted. The team could use more spread offense with no Post player. Bogut is basically ignoring Noah and that would change if you ran a 4 Out set and had Noah setting the picks up top for Rose. The lane would be open and the 3pt shot would be there.

Let's not make Phil the scapegoat. There's no real evidence he has meddled at all. Not saying he hasn't. Just that our players have been so bad, I doubt it would have made any difference anyway

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
nixluva wrote:

Guys ignoring Noah on offense is a huge problem. I think the Knicks need to consider a line up change to get more balance. Not sure what that would be.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

Andrew wrote:Melo is just playing so selfish

Tend to agree, at least in this game, but are you trying to be provocative, here?
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/14/2016  8:45 PM
Incredible to only be down 3. KP only one that showed up.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/14/2016  8:47 PM
At least they're playing some D tonight holding Mavs to 36. Only problem is there's no O. It would be nice for both to show up for just one game.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
HofstraBBall wrote:Incredible to only be down 3. KP only one that showed up.

I mean... they're at home, down 3 to a 2-6 Mavs team playing without Nowitzki. They should be ashamed.

¿ △ ?
meloshouldgo

Melo is selfish, he doesn't know any other way. Apparently he had turned into a point guard last season, but a leopard can't change is spots. Once a black hole..
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/14/2016  8:48 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Incredible to only be down 3. KP only one that showed up.

Because the Mavs are terrible and injured. Knicks down 3 means they are pathetic.

Knicks_Fan
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2016  8:49 PM
I still think it's not so much the team but how they're being coached or NOT coached. Jeff was supposed to bring in an uptempo, spread, 3pt shooting and PnR offense but it seems that Phil has indeed pushed more of his style on Jeff rather than letting him do what he normally does. SOME Triangle was fine but this team is not really built to play that way for too much time. They're not pushing, not scoring easy buckets and not taking enough 3's.
WaltLongmire

11/14/2016  8:49 PM
Barnes really looking confident on offense, and on D. Seems to be playing up to the money they gave him. Have to admit, I thought he was overrated and overpaid, but he seems to be earning his dinero at this point.

I have to admit I was wrong about him, at least at this point.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/14/2016  8:50 PM
Melos problem is losing doesn't hurt enough

If he gets his points it's a draw

Real winners hate to lose. Really pains them

(5)(5)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/14/2016  8:50 PM
The good news is that we got literally horrible play from Rose and Melo as well as Jennings, who are our 3 main on the ball creators and we're only down 3. We could not have played worse. Thankfully we at least played some defense for a change although it helps that Dallas is not a very talented team either. Hoping we can pull out the win.

This team is not good enough to lose games like this early in the season. We aren't the sort of team that can go on a big run and win 8-10 games in a row. We need to beat teams weaker than us, at home. Like winning against the Nets. And tonight against Dallas. Have to win these type of games to stay in striking distance for a playoff push late in the season.

I just see no urgency from veteran players like Rose and Melo. These guys are supposed to be in their prime or late end prime hoping to win a ring. You can't come to games with this mind set. Horrible.

TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

11/14/2016  8:51 PM
More Dadmelo please.

This is one low scoring ass game.36 pts at the half is downright pathetic.

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/14/2016  8:51 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Guys ignoring Noah on offense is a huge problem. I think the Knicks need to consider a line up change to get more balance. Not sure what that would be.

You can play with a non scoring big!!! GS did it with Bogut and Jeff with Plumlee. That's why I wanted the Knicks to run more of Jeff's offense! He knows how to do this!

meloshouldgo

11/14/2016  8:52 PM
Switched to the Giants, the hack websites have bad picture quality
WaltLongmire

11/14/2016  8:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Melo is selfish, he doesn't know any other way. Apparently he had turned into a point guard last season, but a leopard can't change is spots. Once a black hole..

I thought he was a different player last year in terms of looking for teammates... He also played in the Olympics, where he was used to being more of a complimentary player, so I'm surprised that he hasn't played more like last season.
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/14/2016  8:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You can play with a non scoring big!!! GS did it with Bogut and Jeff with Plumlee. That's why I wanted the Knicks to run more of Jeff's offense! He knows how to do this!

But Phil needs his triangle.

Its starting to annoy me. Phil says he doesnt care about the triangle but about system basketball. Jeff has his system, yet its pretty obvious he isn't running it.

Why can't this team be turmoil-free for a change?

Knicks_Fan
ScoreBot
11/14/2016  8:58 PM
3Q - 9:37
NYK 41 DAL 41
Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy