[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!
Author Thread
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/14/2016  11:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Nice call from Horny starting Holiday to start the 2nd half and benching Noah. KP having trouble with Barnes and Holiday doing a much better job.

Melo ball has allowed us to extend the lead along with good defense. Matthews is a good defender but too small to guard Melo on the block. Knicks exploiting it. That's smart.

holiday making the coach look smart

Holiday is exactly what you want in a role player. He's doing what Lance was expected to do. You can play small ball with him.

Holiday is pulling that same trick as Lance did except without the good shooting. Just because he looks like he does a good job it does not mean he is doing a good job. Tonight he has looked good.

WTF are you talking about??? Holiday has been working hard all year and building towards a performance like this. He looks like a good role player. 3nD guard with good size.

That's cute, the guy was shooting less than 35% from the field ad had a WS?48 in the negative but he was working towards this? Like all of the new players he gets time to acclimate but so far he has been bad. He shoots almost every time he touches it and gets pushed around by most offensive wings because he lacks the size/strength to guard them.

I am happy he did well tonight and hope it continues for him but giving out participation awards to pro players is something I am not ready to do.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/15/2016  12:14 AM
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
NYK 93 DAL 77
You wonderful slut!
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

11/15/2016  5:58 AM
Was hoping for a bit of good news from the Knicks for a change, so really happy and excited about this win. Still think the Knicks are a mess though.
smackeddog
Member: #883
11/15/2016  6:24 AM
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
NYK 93 DAL 77

I'm treating you to some steak and scotch in the hot tub, scorebot

smackeddog
11/15/2016  6:25 AM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Don't look now but the Knicks are playing good defense. Held the Mavs to 66 pts with 3 minutes to play (and they're not fouling like the last 2 games).

BTW, I think Holiday has officially usurped Lance in the rotation--even when he's back from injury. Lance has not been good this year. Holiday can provide both defense and offense.

To be fair, the Mavs are also god awful. They're 2-6 coming in, soon to be 2-7, playing without Dirk. They're not a good team.

Yep, but that's a nice change- we seem to have only played against the top teams so far. Need to build some cohesion, confidence and chemistry against the poor ones first, and build on that.

93BUICK
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1175
USA
11/15/2016  7:01 AM
ScoreBot wrote:
FINALLY
NYK 93 DAL 77

fixed

If you are still following the team and reading sites like this, there is nothing, short of your own demise, that is going to throw you off this train.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/15/2016  8:45 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Nice call from Horny starting Holiday to start the 2nd half and benching Noah. KP having trouble with Barnes and Holiday doing a much better job.

Melo ball has allowed us to extend the lead along with good defense. Matthews is a good defender but too small to guard Melo on the block. Knicks exploiting it. That's smart.

holiday making the coach look smart

Holiday is exactly what you want in a role player. He's doing what Lance was expected to do. You can play small ball with him.

Holiday is pulling that same trick as Lance did except without the good shooting. Just because he looks like he does a good job it does not mean he is doing a good job. Tonight he has looked good.

WTF are you talking about??? Holiday has been working hard all year and building towards a performance like this. He looks like a good role player. 3nD guard with good size.

That's cute, the guy was shooting less than 35% from the field ad had a WS?48 in the negative but he was working towards this? Like all of the new players he gets time to acclimate but so far he has been bad. He shoots almost every time he touches it and gets pushed around by most offensive wings because he lacks the size/strength to guard them.

I am happy he did well tonight and hope it continues for him but giving out participation awards to pro players is something I am not ready to do.

I think you're getting too much in the weeds on stats and not looking at how the guys effort level, comfort and execution has been improving. In his limited minutes it hadn't shown in great shooting stats but you COULD see Holiday was showing signs of getting better. Perhaps you haven't been paying attention to him but Jeff and some of us have noticed he's been coming along.

Holiday has shown he knows where to go on offense and finds the open space. He may not have had great shooting but he was taking the right shots. On D he was showing the energy and technique needed to be effective. He needed a chance and LT's injury gave him more of a shot. We all hope he can find a consistent role. He's a more natural shooter than LT even if his % wasn't impressive.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/15/2016  9:36 AM
You guys ever watch and NBA game before? Sometimes teams have bad starts, sometimes scorers have a bad half shooting the ball... 10th game here. Perspective. We have seen some good. Some bad. They have shown better effort of late and after losses. Does anyone think when they watch this squad that what they see is what we have? That this group isnt going to play any better? Is possible but strikes me as very unlikely.

Oh.. and I have seen everything I need to see from Seth Curry. Total bum

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
smackeddog
11/15/2016  10:15 AM
fishmike wrote:You guys ever watch and NBA game before? Sometimes teams have bad starts, sometimes scorers have a bad half shooting the ball... 10th game here. Perspective. We have seen some good. Some bad. They have shown better effort of late and after losses. Does anyone think when they watch this squad that what they see is what we have? That this group isnt going to play any better? Is possible but strikes me as very unlikely.

Don't forget Justin Anderson too- wasn't he 0-11? Usually I'd say its just been a few games, but BRIGGS has proven that you can foresee years into the future based on just one half pre season game.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/15/2016  11:15 AM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:You guys ever watch and NBA game before? Sometimes teams have bad starts, sometimes scorers have a bad half shooting the ball... 10th game here. Perspective. We have seen some good. Some bad. They have shown better effort of late and after losses. Does anyone think when they watch this squad that what they see is what we have? That this group isnt going to play any better? Is possible but strikes me as very unlikely.

Don't forget Justin Anderson too- wasn't he 0-11? Usually I'd say its just been a few games, but BRIGGS has proven that you can foresee years into the future based on just one half pre season game.

when you have the gift...
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/15/2016  12:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

when you have the gift...

...you still manage to talk about French league players who I think are playing futball now...

Game Thread = Mavs at Knicks - back home, no Dirk, time to peel off some wins!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy