Cartman718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1694

1/4/2017  1:00 PM
Nalod wrote:
Cartman718 wrote:
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Hornack is going to get fired and Rambis will be the HC again and it will drive this team into the abyss

Hornacek is certainly on the hot seat... which I would not have thought possible as recently as two weeks ago... heck even one week ago.

If Rambis becomes head coach again, I will just become a full time draft scout for basketball fun this season.

a 4 game losing streak and we to blow it up? Fans suggesting coach on the hot seat as in "Might get fired"?
Fans calling for trading and blowing it up after 30 games?
We think that Greg Monroe and Brandon knight are the cure?

thought it was 5 games now

Oh, ok, now its time!!!! Geez, 4 games is a joke, but 5!!!!! Justifiable!!!!

i am not in favor of blowing it up...just clarifying that it is 5 games. as far as hornacek being on the hot seat...i dont think so. if anything, melo and noah are on the hot seat, i think one of them is going to be benched.

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
1/5/2017  12:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/5/2017  1:05 AM
Nalod wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:Hornack is going to get fired and Rambis will be the HC again and it will drive this team into the abyss

Hornacek is certainly on the hot seat... which I would not have thought possible as recently as two weeks ago... heck even one week ago.

If Rambis becomes head coach again, I will just become a full time draft scout for basketball fun this season.

a 4 game losing streak and we to blow it up? Fans suggesting coach on the hot seat as in "Might get fired"?
Fans calling for trading and blowing it up after 30 games?
We think that Greg Monroe and Brandon knight are the cure?

It's 6 games.

And it'll be 7 this time Friday night.

I hate to break it to you, but it's not my decision whether or not Hornacek goes on the hot seat. Listen to his post games - he knows he's there.

¿ △ ?
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

1/5/2017  6:11 AM
The team has been built to win now, as the sun on Melo's career is setting. This plan is obviously not working. So there are two alternatives:

1) Decide that the team is still stacked with talent to win now, just needs proper motivation to play defense. Then it is on the coach, so Hornacek must go, and someone who can motivate players needs to take over. Apart from Phil himself, there is no one like that.

2) Admit that the personnel is simply not there (Lee not the defensive stalwart we hoped for, Noah really looking done for the career, Melo no longer able to carry a team on his own, KP not ready to do it yet). In which case, the quicker we blow up the team, the better. Trade Melo to a contender, trade Noah for expiring contracts, tank for a top 3-5 pick, and see what the FA market brings next season. Then let Hornacek hire his own coaching staff, assemble his own team, and run his own system to have some cohesion and continuity. And hope the losing does not get imbibed into KP's psyche.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
1/5/2017  6:40 AM
Melo wanted a team of vets to win now, P Jackson indulged. If the team doesn't succeed this year (meaning at least 2nd round of playoffs), P Jackson should consider he has done every thing he could to cater for Melo. After this year, his wishes should not be taken into account at all.
That means look for the future, not Melo's window.
crzymdups
USA
1/5/2017  10:15 AM
shinmen wrote:Melo wanted a team of vets to win now, P Jackson indulged. If the team doesn't succeed this year (meaning at least 2nd round of playoffs), P Jackson should consider he has done every thing he could to cater for Melo. After this year, his wishes should not be taken into account at all.
That means look for the future, not Melo's window.

I think that's fair at this point.

No trading draft picks for win now veterans at any costs. Build up slowly through the draft. I'm not opposed to using cap room wisely for FA who will help the team, just no trading draft picks at any cost.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
1/9/2017  8:30 PM
Fire Rambis.
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
1/9/2017  8:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:Fire Rambis.
Maybe Phil could move him up to the front office so he can make Mills uncomfortable. Sasha could take his place on the bench.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Rambis put in charge of defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy