[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Rambis put in charge of defense
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

11/8/2016  5:38 PM
i just cant wait to hear "NixLuva"s comments (because hes always optimistic). please tell me that phil didnt just undermine our coach after 6 games. folks here say be patient...doesnt look like phil is. im not sure if making RAMBIS (a phil puppet) the defensive coach can be interpreted any other way besides phil undermining his coach.
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
11/8/2016  5:42 PM
callmened wrote:i just cant wait to hear "NixLuva"s comments (because hes always optimistic). please tell me that phil didnt just undermine our coach after 6 games. folks here say be patient...doesnt look like phil is. im not sure if making RAMBIS (a phil puppet) the defensive coach can be interpreted any other way besides phil undermining his coach.

Right - it's one thing if Hornacek were allowed to bring in his own guy. The fact that it is Rambis is not a good look. It's all about the perception of trust and belief and Phil just completely tore the rug out from under Hornacek.

A lot of the people who told me last spring that I was insane for harping about Phil's obsession with Rambis and the Triangle are being awfully quiet today.

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/8/2016  5:43 PM
callmened wrote:i just cant wait to hear "NixLuva"s comments (because hes always optimistic). please tell me that phil didnt just undermine our coach after 6 games. folks here say be patient...doesnt look like phil is. im not sure if making RAMBIS (a phil puppet) the defensive coach can be interpreted any other way besides phil undermining his coach.

His been doing that since he became prez, only fisher decided to put his ringer on silent or ignore. that's when phil became angry.

But he knows he cant afford to make another coaching change for at least the rest of his tenure.. That would be a PR NIGHTMARE

ES
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/8/2016  5:46 PM

This comes right after Jeff agrees that there might be some truth to what Lee said about defending against the Triangle in practice. Phil gives the job to his buddy, who is Triangle faithful. Maybe a shot across the bow.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/8/2016  5:48 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

This comes right after Jeff agrees that there might be some truth to what Lee said about defending against the Triangle in practice. Phil gives the job to his buddy, who is Triangle faithful. Maybe a shot across the bow.

It just sucks. Jeff should have been allowed to hire his own staff. Jeff is getting Fisherd.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

11/8/2016  6:07 PM
Okay, I am now ready to officially proclaim that the Knicks are a mess.
GustavBahler

11/8/2016  6:15 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It just sucks. Jeff should have been allowed to hire his own staff. Jeff is getting Fisherd.

Phil knew how the fans would feel about having Rambis foisted on them again, even just a bit. When he got here it felt like part of him was a Knick, watched him play way back when. I don't remember Red Holzman running the Triangle. This BS is more about Phil and the Bulls, than it is about the Knicks IMO. Riley must be laughing his ass off.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/8/2016  6:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/8/2016  6:52 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Totally agree about Jeff hiring his own staff. WTF is that about, seriously?? Rambis always felt like a Phil spy to me, ever since we learned he was being retained (and in effect, forced of Jeff). Even last year...

And Ned -- yeah man, you definitely get the feeling Phil's undercutting Jeff here. First, we hear Phil's invading practices and coaching the players himself on the court...at JEFF'S PRACTICES; now we hear Rambis was named the coach of the defense. What's next? And what's this **** about Jeff agreeing with Courtney Lee on defending the triangle in practice?? Is that right?? Wow--I didn't hear that. So that's not coming from Jeff??? Unreal--how involved is Phil in these practices??? This is crazy. I wouldn't be surprised if Jeff wanted out already. Why does this have to be such a ****ing circus? WHY??
WHY!?!?!?!?

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
11/8/2016  8:30 PM
¿ △ ?
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

11/8/2016  8:39 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Does anyone still disagree we should have hired Thibs?

no the knicks are a disaster

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/8/2016  8:48 PM
As was pointed out previously, Rambis has been a defensive coach before. This is a nothing burger 🍔. Let's just hope they get more focused on D.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/8/2016  9:01 PM
A really good breakdown of all the Knick deficits on defense.
https://audioboom.com/posts/5255930-locked-on-knicks-episode-57-11-7-16-the-ugly-numbers-behind-the-knicks-dreadful-defense
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
11/8/2016  10:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:Does anyone still disagree we should have hired Thibs?

Minny is 1-5. How about them apples?

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Knicks67
Member: #6370

11/8/2016  11:38 PM
I try to remain optimistic all the time, I really do. But this may push me over the pessimistic edge, can Phil just leave now? I appreciate some of the moves he has made, he gets top marks for getting Kristaps, pretty good moves this offseason, but his semi-coach semi-GM act has gotten stale very quickly. Triangle is dated, and bringing in your Rambis puppet to do your bidding is really annoying. Couldn't we have just hired an actual defensive coordinator?
Finestrg
Member: #1069

11/9/2016  2:27 AM
Knicks67 wrote:I try to remain optimistic all the time, I really do. But this may push me over the pessimistic edge, can Phil just leave now? I appreciate some of the moves he has made, he gets top marks for getting Kristaps, pretty good moves this offseason, but his semi-coach semi-GM act has gotten stale very quickly. Triangle is dated, and bringing in your Rambis puppet to do your bidding is really annoying. Couldn't we have just hired an actual defensive coordinator?

Good post. Feel the same way.

GustavBahler

11/9/2016  3:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/9/2016  3:39 AM
I was in the camp that Jeff would go before Phil, but Dolan has his man as GM. Gaines found them KP.
Doubt there would be a house cleaning. If the Knicks have another dysfunctional season, Dolan might give someone else the chance to put their imprint on the team. In free agency and the draft. Would be a good way to attract candidates who might be scared off by Dolan. That and a boatload of money. Im guessing that Mills would move back to President, and the team would need a GM (not you know who)

I hope Phil is more proactive than just giving Rambis one title after another. Im guessing food and beverage manager is next.

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
11/9/2016  5:33 AM
Hornacek should just resign. Clearly he isn't going to be allowed to coach. Phil only cares about vindicating his triangle. If rambis fails its doesn't matter since the triangle is broken now anyway. Nothing to lose in his perspective. Its going to be impossible to find quality fas next season if we keep the triangle and keep losing.
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/9/2016  9:32 AM
nykshaknbake wrote:Hornacek should just resign. Clearly he isn't going to be allowed to coach. Phil only cares about vindicating his triangle. If rambis fails its doesn't matter since the triangle is broken now anyway. Nothing to lose in his perspective. Its going to be impossible to find quality fas next season if we keep the triangle and keep losing.

If JH steps down or gets fired, that's 4 coaches in 4 season under Phil, I don't think you can look more inept as a president if that happens, in fact, I don't think that has happen with any franchise in any sport.

ES
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
11/9/2016  9:54 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
nykshaknbake wrote:Hornacek should just resign. Clearly he isn't going to be allowed to coach. Phil only cares about vindicating his triangle. If rambis fails its doesn't matter since the triangle is broken now anyway. Nothing to lose in his perspective. Its going to be impossible to find quality fas next season if we keep the triangle and keep losing.

If JH steps down or gets fired, that's 4 coaches in 4 season under Phil, I don't think you can look more inept as a president if that happens, in fact, I don't think that has happen with any franchise in any sport.

Yeah, except for the Knicks twice since 1990.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/9/2016  3:19 PM
Everyone says its Phil's meddling. This is why I wait for this sky is falling its the circus Knicks BS

A source said it was Hornacek’s idea to designate an assistant coach to specialize in defense, to resemble how he structured his staff in Phoenix.

Hornacek’s defensive assistant Mike Longabardi was fired by Suns management last January, weeks before Hornacek got the boot. The Post reported Hornacek attempted to bring in Longabardi to run the Knicks defense, but the native New Yorker couldn’t get out of his contract with the Cavaliers.

Hornacek, former teammates with Rambis in Phoenix, also knew Rambis was heavily involved with the Lakers defense as an assistant under Jackson. It’s unclear Jackson’s opinion on Rambis’ new role because it will take Rambis away from teaching his beloved triangle offense. Jackson hasn’t spoken to the media since Sept. 22.

This is the problem with taking 5% of the story and making up the other 95%

It sounds as simple as the coach getting certain guys to focus on certain things. It couldnt be that simple could it? It HAS to be Phil meddling, Knick circus, bla bla bla...

6 phucking games! Let these grown men sort things out. My god

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rambis put in charge of defense

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy