[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Talking all that Jazz... lets get the W!!! (11/6 12 Noon start)
Author Thread
ScoreBot
11/6/2016  2:32 PM
4Q - 0:04
NYK 109 UTA 114
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

11/6/2016  2:34 PM
Blame Enyspree, his game threads marks the return of Iso-Melo(sans 4th)
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
11/6/2016  2:34 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
dk7th wrote:gobert coming up real big. jazz have a really good team.

And we have a mess.

What else is new?

Knicks are not a mess. They're just a NEW group trying to develop as a team. They have a long way to go in getting their chemistry right.

This team is a defensive mess and a developing offense. In general. Shall we go in depth with the whole triangle fiasco?

I think it's more a matter of trying to develop the proper rotation and hopefully get more from the bench.

I'd like to see Baker get in the mix. It was good to get Kuz some minutes. This is a process!

We need more effort and a better defensive plan than the one shown so far this season. The offense is decent even if still flawed. But the defense? Its so ugly its the main culprit of this 2-4 start.

Knicks_Fan
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/6/2016  2:35 PM
This is going to take some time but you can see the areas that need work. It's not a total team mess but certain things that need tightening up.

The Knicks defend well at times but not consistently and they're fouling way too much.

ScoreBot
11/6/2016  2:36 PM
FINAL
NYK 109 UTA 114
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2016  2:38 PM
This team needs full focus just to get enough defense to win a game. Our two wins were emotionally-driven wins. This spells of an unfocussed, sometimes disinterested team. Is it because they don't like the triangle? Is the coach not preparing them effectively? Don't know, but there is no reason not to give at least a mediocre effort on D. Instead, this D is a joke.
Knicks_Fan
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/6/2016  2:38 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:As bad as the team D was today JH line ups were just as bad. He should know he needs one starter with the second unit. Also as bad as Melo played most of the game, defensively and offensive style, his 4th qtr was entirely team 1st. He passed, defended, and moved without the ball. I was amazed.

Agree about Hornacek's rotations. they were much better against the bulls. He needs a starter on the court with that second unit.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2016  2:39 PM
nixluva wrote:This is going to take some time but you can see the areas that need work. It's not a total team mess but certain things that need tightening up.

The Knicks defend well at times but not consistently and they're fouling way too much.

Fouling and whinning. Its getting tiring.

Knicks_Fan
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
11/6/2016  2:39 PM
nixluva wrote:This is going to take some time but you can see the areas that need work. It's not a total team mess but certain things that need tightening up.

Not good when we hear the coaching staff talk about it at halftime and then we make a silly foul on the first possession (Melo).

Tough loss.

Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
nixluva
USA
11/6/2016  2:41 PM
Knicksfan wrote:This team needs full focus just to get enough defense to win a game. Our two wins were emotionally-driven wins. This spells of an unfocussed, sometimes disinterested team. Is it because they don't like the triangle? Is the coach not preparing them effectively? Don't know, but there is no reason not to give at least a mediocre effort on D. Instead, this D is a joke.

I actually think they should put Plumlee in the mix. He's a flawed player but his defensive energy is off the hook. Sometimes you need that off the bench. None of our bench bigs bring that BANGER type energy. I'd like to see if he can have an impact in limited minutes.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/6/2016  2:41 PM
Defense obviously was the issue. We couldn't get any stops in the 4th quarter, and the fouling definitely didn't help (Hayward 14-14 from the line was huge).

I see improvement with the team defense at moments, but they don't sustain it for the entire shot clock.

Utah is a really good team. They run their offense to perfection and spend most of the shot clock to get good shots. Gobert is a beast inside. Hood is a developing player. Hayward is an all-star and Hill is playing like an all-star this year. They're an up and coming team in the west. We still have a lot of work to do.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/6/2016  2:44 PM
Dang the Knicks could really use Noel if Noah is only going to play 20 minutes
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/6/2016  2:47 PM
Defensively, the team is a mess, and that fall squarely on the coach. First mistake was admitting he didn't have a defensive plan for opponents in the preseason, and clearly still doesn't have one. Utah is a good team, but looked like GS this afternoon and that should never happen.
nixluva
USA
11/6/2016  2:49 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:Dang the Knicks could really use Noel if Noah is only going to play 20 minutes

Some kind of move may end up happening. You can kind of see the need for something. They will wait to see what they can eventually get from Willy, Kuz or Ndour. This is still very early in the process. REMEMBER PEOPLE ITS ONLY GAME SIX! Ten new players and new coach.

Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2016  2:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:This team needs full focus just to get enough defense to win a game. Our two wins were emotionally-driven wins. This spells of an unfocussed, sometimes disinterested team. Is it because they don't like the triangle? Is the coach not preparing them effectively? Don't know, but there is no reason not to give at least a mediocre effort on D. Instead, this D is a joke.

I actually think they should put Plumlee in the mix. He's a flawed player but his defensive energy is off the hook. Sometimes you need that off the bench. None of our bench bigs bring that BANGER type energy. I'd like to see if he can have an impact in limited minutes.

I agree on Plumlee, but this is more of a collective issue on effort with a little of bad planning on coaching.

This team should still be looking to establish their offense. This team has no excuse for such an embarrassing show on defense. Keep talking about it in the postgame interviews, yet you can't sustain a decent effort for 48 mins.

Knicks_Fan
Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2016  2:54 PM
nixluva wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:Dang the Knicks could really use Noel if Noah is only going to play 20 minutes

Some kind of move may end up happening. You can kind of see the need for something. They will wait to see what they can eventually get from Willy, Kuz or Ndour. This is still very early in the process. REMEMBER PEOPLE ITS ONLY GAME SIX! Ten new players and new coach.

They don't have much time. A 2-4 record becomes a 3-7 one, then a 6-14 record and then they fire the coach again and its another lost season for us.

We need to keep at minimum a .500 record. How? They need a better defensive plan and more effort there. Its on them. But it all can quickly go south in Knickland. We all know it.

Knicks_Fan
nixluva
USA
11/6/2016  2:55 PM
Knicksfan wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I agree on Plumlee, but this is more of a collective issue on effort with a little of bad planning on coaching.

This team should still be looking to establish their offense. This team has no excuse for such an embarrassing show on defense. Keep talking about it in the postgame interviews, yet you can't sustain a decent effort for 48 mins.

To me it's not effort. It's mental breakdowns! They're playing hard most of the time but they aren't always making the right decisions. Lee on that late game play where he left his man wide open for the dunk. That was a mental mistake. There have been WAY too many of those kinds of breakdowns this season.

Knicksfan
USA
11/6/2016  2:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
Knicksfan wrote:
nixluva wrote:

To me it's not effort. It's mental breakdowns! They're playing hard most of the time but they aren't always making the right decisions. Lee on that late game play where he left his man wide open for the dunk. That was a mental mistake. There have been WAY too many of those kinds of breakdowns this season.

When they happen on a roll, like to us, it speaks of bad gameplanning. Though I agree that they lose focus too easily.

Knicks_Fan
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/6/2016  3:21 PM
Utah and Hayward seems to have our number
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/6/2016  3:29 PM
hornacek: "there's difference between 'making shots' and 'executing the offense.' the other night was different because of ball movement. we didn't make them work hard enough. the offense wasn't flowing."

that's code for melo and rose handling the ball too much. we'll check the usage to assist ratio for those two tomorrow on basetballreference.com

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Game Thread: Talking all that Jazz... lets get the W!!! (11/6 12 Noon start)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy