[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

LEGENDS - tonight for game watch (Chicago 8pm, ESPN)!
Author Thread
nyknickzingis
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6207

11/4/2016  11:30 PM
Melo and Rose have to set up the bigs early on and trust them in games. It's all about team work. At the same time, it also was refreshing to see what the starting 5 can do when given more minutes. We likely won't get to see this on a consistent basis, which is where you see Noah, Rose, Lee play this much.

Really smart of Hornachek to call out the team for not getting the ball to KP. Paid dividends right away.

AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/4/2016  11:33 PM
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
CHI 104 NYK 117

Yup Yup. Thanks ScoreBot you magnificent slut. 2nd time I got the game picker right.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/4/2016  11:40 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:This weekend won't suck! Enjoy.
no weekend should suck because of the result of game. However its definetly a nicer feeling

A bad loss would've definitely ruined my mood. I was so happy to see Hornacek and the team regroup and get back to playing uptempo and with better spacing, ball and player movement in the halfcourt. For those that assumed they couldn't do it is say TAKE THAT!

No really tho it's about this team playing the right way. When they do they will have a chance to win every game.

This. Also, I was really fired up for the new additions on this team. Noah, Jennings, Lee and Rose all played really well. The Knicks have had nothing like Noah forever.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
11/4/2016  11:45 PM
Much less ISO tonight. More use of screens to free up shots and it looked so much easier to get good shots. Offense looked completely different tonight... Aside from the 2-3 possessions near the end.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Welpee
Member: #6239

11/4/2016  11:55 PM
I'm a little concerned about the starters playing so many minutes. Not sure that's sustainable long term.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/5/2016  12:11 AM
Welpee wrote:I'm a little concerned about the starters playing so many minutes. Not sure that's sustainable long term.
It will be interesting to see how Rose and Noah do on the second night of a back to back. I don't know the numbers but I have read/heard them a bunch of times regarding Rose on back to backs recently. I didn't watch the bulls much last year. Not the same leave everything on the floor team last year. I don't know if Rose was as explosive as he has looked this year.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2016  1:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Welpee wrote:I'm a little concerned about the starters playing so many minutes. Not sure that's sustainable long term.
It will be interesting to see how Rose and Noah do on the second night of a back to back. I don't know the numbers but I have read/heard them a bunch of times regarding Rose on back to backs recently. I didn't watch the bulls much last year. Not the same leave everything on the floor team last year. I don't know if Rose was as explosive as he has looked this year.

I would not expect much from Back to Backs. We've got to hope that Jeff can develop guys like Baker, Kuz and Willy so that they can contribute as we move along. I'm positive that is the plan, but right now they've got to win some games and develop chemistry with the main rotation guys and then gradually bring the kids along.
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/5/2016  7:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2016  2:59 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would not expect much from Back to Backs. We've got to hope that Jeff can develop guys like Baker, Kuz and Willy so that they can contribute as we move along. I'm positive that is the plan, but right now they've got to win some games and develop chemistry with the main rotation guys and then gradually bring the kids along.

Not that we're there yet but the great teams use games against subpar teams to manage minutes/rest

Take control early and let a hungry second unit finish it off. The starters however have to have that mentality. Step on the other teams throats early and try and break their spirit

(5)(5)
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/5/2016  10:56 AM
nixluva wrote:THE KILL SHOT!!! What's dk7th got to say about DRose tonight???

this is what i have to say--

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=55300&page=2

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
dk7th
USA
11/5/2016  11:00 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Was just thinking that?!? Where is that cat?!? Radio Silence. How many assists does DRose have, 10? game winning And 1 and pass to Melo for 3! Don't hear any chirping now?!?

you need to calm down. i saw the game but could not participate online. please note his usage tonight relative to his assist rate-- .68 to 1, as opposed to an unacceptable 2.5 to 1. tonight he was a ball sharer, playing with others not merely alongside others.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
11/5/2016  11:22 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
ScoreBot wrote:
FINAL
CHI 104 NYK 117

Yup Yup. Thanks ScoreBot you magnificent slut. 2nd time I got the game picker right.

Hahahahahahaha

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

11/5/2016  11:24 AM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I agree, we can worry about back to backs later. First we need to focus on being a winning team.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/5/2016  11:30 AM
dk7th wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Was just thinking that?!? Where is that cat?!? Radio Silence. How many assists does DRose have, 10? game winning And 1 and pass to Melo for 3! Don't hear any chirping now?!?

you need to calm down. i saw the game but could not participate online. please note his usage tonight relative to his assist rate-- .68 to 1, as opposed to an unacceptable 2.5 to 1. tonight he was a ball sharer, playing with others not merely alongside others.

All you're doing is reporting on the results. The rest of us are getting into the reasons WHY the play has been way off. You've got to at least acknowledge that this is only the 5th game that the starters have played with each other in a real game. A lot of your criticism has been to the effect that DRose CAN'T play better cuz this is who he is. Yes you've also suggested what he should do, but you've shown no confidence that he could in fact play that way.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
11/5/2016  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2016  12:04 PM
Andrew wrote:Much less ISO tonight. More use of screens to free up shots and it looked so much easier to get good shots. Offense looked completely different tonight... Aside from the 2-3 possessions near the end.

Even if we ever do Iso Melo. I can't understand why we don't ever set up off the ball screens for cutters and shooters(going on years now). Either we will get an open cutter or shooter or we can create a KP mismatch on a guard.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
dk7th
USA
11/5/2016  12:09 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

All you're doing is reporting on the results. The rest of us are getting into the reasons WHY the play has been way off. You've got to at least acknowledge that this is only the 5th game that the starters have played with each other in a real game. A lot of your criticism has been to the effect that DRose CAN'T play better cuz this is who he is. Yes you've also suggested what he should do, but you've shown no confidence that he could in fact play that way.

that's because his career numbers have greater predictive power than your hopes that he will in fact change the way he plays. last night he fulfilled your hopes-- and mine in fact-- but he needs to consistently play closer to the numbers i have outlined for him. the numbers say he will revert but then again adaptation is a sign of intelligence.

TeamBall
Member: #4386

11/5/2016  1:21 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Melo and Rose have to set up the bigs early on and trust them in games. It's all about team work. At the same time, it also was refreshing to see what the starting 5 can do when given more minutes. We likely won't get to see this on a consistent basis, which is where you see Noah, Rose, Lee play this much.

Really smart of Hornachek to call out the team for not getting the ball to KP. Paid dividends right away.

Definitely the difference tonight. Rose looked to actually create early on with his drives instead of calling his own number. He was excellent. Our bench really needs an upgrade though.
Knicksfan: Hypocrite league that fines players after the game for flopping but in the game and with obvious flopping they call the fouls.
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

11/5/2016  5:28 PM
Enjoyed Ross's passing. Now he just needs to learn to keep his dribble instead of jumping up to create a lane.
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/5/2016  8:46 PM
Just saw the game...Nice win for the Knicks..Really nice team play..Defense still needs work..Loved how Rose just layed back and let the game come to him..Some nice passes..The bench is a worry..
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/5/2016  9:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/5/2016  9:43 PM
By the way Rose looks terrific..Referring to his movement and his speed..This is the best he has looked physically since the injury..I can't wait to see what he looks like in January..If he can hit the jumper from the key like he did in his MVP season, he will be a problem in the East..The is like his 4th preseason game and the lift he is getting already on that jumper..This will be interesting...
LEGENDS - tonight for game watch (Chicago 8pm, ESPN)!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy