[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Junkyard Dog isn't along for the ride
Author Thread
rojasmas
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #639
8/7/2004  6:03 PM
He isn't just an afterthought. This guy is a "rebounding machine" according to Isiah. And he gives the Knicks a little tougher dimension when he will be on the floor. I like having him on our team.
We could be the Dallas Mavs of the East.
AUTOADVERT
NYK3
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #725
USA
8/7/2004  6:06 PM
me too, i really like having him on our team...we need a guy like him, hopefully his hustling and diving for loose balls will be contagious
I wasn't born with enough middle fingers!!!
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/7/2004  6:11 PM
When the trade went through, I was just as excited about JYD, as I was about Craw. I have a feeling as the season moves on, Jamal will be the bigger contributer, but none the less, JYD is a great addition.

[Edited by - MaTT4281 on 08/07/2004 18:13:15]
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/7/2004  6:15 PM
JYD is a chemistry guy...he is gonna be cracking jokes, keeping the bench loose during games....dude is just carefree and you need that on your team.

I'll expect the Knicks to continue to get better chemistry wise....
They all hav elooked dead on the bench for so long....

When Detroit was on their run the players were linking arms, laughing jumping around, cracking jokes.....that is just a beautiful thing to see on the court cuz guys actually cared about each other and in return they trusted each other.

I'm loving it....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
MaTT4281
Member: #538
USA
8/7/2004  6:20 PM
I'm just curious as to how the minutes will be distributed at the 4.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/7/2004  6:24 PM
Posted by MaTT4281:

I'm just curious as to how the minutes will be distributed at the 4.

I dunno about that since KT and Nazr either or both would be gone if the Knicks get Damp.

I guess it depends on the next move.

Right now on paper I guess KT starts with Sweets backing him up....Jerome would back up all three front court spots....Nazr is the Starting center with a re-signed Baker backing him.

[Edited by - enyspree on 08/07/2004 18:27:07]
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/7/2004  6:51 PM
Posted by NYK3:

me too, i really like having him on our team...we need a guy like him, hopefully his hustling and diving for loose balls will be contagious
EXACTLY!!!!
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

8/8/2004  4:21 AM
Posted by EnySpree:

JYD is a chemistry guy...he is gonna be cracking jokes, keeping the bench loose during games....dude is just carefree and you need that on your team.

I'll expect the Knicks to continue to get better chemistry wise....
They all hav elooked dead on the bench for so long....

When Detroit was on their run the players were linking arms, laughing jumping around, cracking jokes.....that is just a beautiful thing to see on the court cuz guys actually cared about each other and in return they trusted each other.

I'm loving it....

GREAT post... you nailed it.. JYD is soooo important we need more guys like him, thats the only way you win.. not by loading your team with talent.. but u have to make a TEAM that goes together.. i think we are starting to head in that direction tho cuz i can see Steph/Craw/JYD all getting along very well with eachother... keep em comin isiah
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/8/2004  10:05 AM
i have no idea who you guys think jerome williams will get PT from? I see him more as a guy who can get scrap minutes and a luxury for depth. If we get Dampier Im sure he will see 33 minutes or so at C and if its baker probably something like 2o minutes.

so if you break it down with baker

C-Baker 20 Nazr 24 KT 4
PF Sweet 30 KT 18
SF TT 35 Hardaway 13
RIP Crushalot😞
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
8/8/2004  10:33 AM
Remember he is a rebounding machine. C and PF will be rotated like rotating your car's tires. Unless we get Dampier then that change things with a true center like him. Either way, we will be OK in the frontcourt with deep talent there.

When Spree comes to MSG again this season, I don't think he will be yapping bad words to Dolan anymore. We have a crazy dog to bark and sic him.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
8/8/2004  10:44 AM
JYD is a damn solid pickup. This team needs some upbeat cats (& dogs lol). The dull vibe that ran rampant during the dark days of LayDown is over.

JYD played some of his best ball under Lenny... It's not far-fetched to think that it can happen again.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
BRIGGS
8/8/2004  3:11 PM
rebounding machine? over who whoose minutes are JYD taking unless someone gets hurt or is in FT? not sweetneys bakers Nazr or KT because they are all better than him.
RIP Crushalot😞
TheloniusMonk
Member: #705
USA
8/8/2004  3:38 PM
First of all stop listing our centers BRIGGS. JYD will not spend anytime at the C poistion so that's irrelivant. He'll be at the 3 and 4 positions. So exclude Baker and Mohammad b/c I'm pretty sure that they'll be playing at the C position. If Kurt starts, Sweetney will be his backup with JYD playing behind him. At the 3 it will be a battle of the bakcups, I'm assuming, between Anderson, Hardaway and JYD. So, between Kurt, Sweetney, TT, Penny, JYD and Anderson I'm sure coach Lenny will go with who's playing well at the time. I see JYD spending more time at the 3 than anything. If we need someone to come in and play D we'll call on JYD. We all know that TT struggles on the defensive end sometimes. We also know that some 4's are too quick for Kurt to guard. If (and the keyword is IF) Sweets starts a habit of getting into foul trouble, guess what......JYD will be inserted.

I just feel that overall Lenny will find time for him because he knows Lenny's system plus if our starters are playing sluggish, who better to insert than JYD to get the team to hustle?
'You can catch me in Hollis at the hero shop!' -Tony Yayo
BRIGGS
8/8/2004  3:58 PM
really we have 0 centers and 5 PFs but beyond that JYD is last in line for PT--for this team to have sucessIMHO Mike Sweetney has to come close to playing like he did in the SL which means eating up big minutes with either Baker or KT as a primary back up. To me JYD is a nothing player who will come in handy for injuries and FT, nothing more.
RIP Crushalot😞
jaydh
Member: #96
8/8/2004  5:25 PM
well, assuming we dont get dampier.. i imagine the SL to be something like this.

marbury
houston
TT
sweetney
KT

i can see nazr & baker splitting backup minutes at the 5, and baker & jyd splitting backup minutes at the 4. he'll definately get minutes, especially on the nights kt or sweets gets into foul trouble which, for kt, can be pretty often.

[Edited by - jaydh on 08/08/2004 17:36:10]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
8/8/2004  5:47 PM
You can Marbury a PF for all you want BRIGGS, the reality is Mohammed and Baker play C for us, not PF. Twist the truth some more why don't you.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/8/2004  6:58 PM
Posted by simrud:

You can Marbury a PF for all you want BRIGGS, the reality is Mohammed and Baker play C for us, not PF. Twist the truth some more why don't you.
It's all he knows how to do
matt
Member: #487
USA
8/8/2004  9:30 PM
I'm not sure if I want Sweetney starting. I know he had a great summer league, but I think some people are overrating him right now. What else is new in NY? I still see Kurt ( unless we unload him) and Nazr ( or Dampier if he comes here) But maybe Sweetney could get the starting job, who knows?
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
8/8/2004  10:23 PM
I'd take Sweetney *right now* (not just for the future) over at least half the starting PFs in the NBA
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
8/9/2004  12:55 AM
No way, not yet. The NBA is a power foward rich league, right now, and some teams currently have backup 4s who are better than Sweetney. With that being said, I too would take Sweetney over a large portion of the PFs, b/c I think he will be right up there, with some of the bests. He wont be Garnett, or maybe even Brand, but he'll be just a level below. Which isn't bad.

As for JYD. Briggs. Lately, I've been agreeing with most of the things you say, but this is one of them. I think what it comes down to, is who plays best in training camp, and who doesn't. I think Sweetney will get more and more playing time as the season rolls, but I DON'T think he will start at 30- 33 MPG, like you say. Maybe 20- 25. I DO think JYD is probably a better overall player than Baker, b/c he's the better defender and rebounder and hustler, while Baker has a decent low post game, and is a decent offensive rebounder. He's not a shade of what he used to be. If JYD outplays everyone in training camp, and he very well could, you can bet your ars he will be getting PT. If he hustles, but everyone else hustles just as much as him, and does more, than he wont get as much playing time. I think Sweetney will be like that, but I don't see it that way, with anyone else, including KT, Baker and Nazr. Don't get me wrong. I am rooting for Baker (Who isn't?) but, I just think JYD can help the team a little more than Baker, at this point. Maybe I'll be proven wrong by training camp.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Junkyard Dog isn't along for the ride

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy