[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks try to blast back against the Rockets 11/2
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
11/3/2016  11:48 AM
nychamp wrote:Truly a horrible game last night for KP. On defense he was abused all over. Looked tired or something on both sides of the ball. Had me wondering about his anemia. Very surprising. On offense, he is complicating things too much when he gets the ball inside. All his moves have 2-3 fakes, turn, ball fake, etc. Too slow! He absolutely needs to to learn to catch the ball inside, turn and quickly and put it up over the defender in one movement. He is 7'3", this should be a staple of his game.
I'm not talking about becoming a low post master, or only focusing on that. However he sorely needs this ability to round out his game. Too much jabbing, faking and juking. And he simply isn't all that in that area vs. competent defenders. However a quick turnaround over shorter players (the entire league) is unstoppable.

We just need to be patient with him. He is still just starting his second season and will have ups and downs. His supporting cast isn't doing him any favors either, so hopefully that changes.
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

11/3/2016  12:40 PM
holfresh wrote:The league had a year to scout KP..Now they are doing what MDA does to bigs..They pull him out to the three and shoot over him because he sags and is afraid players will blow by him...Cavs did it, Memphis did it, Detroit did it and Houston did it as well...It's affecting his confidence because he knows there are expectations and Hornacek is riding him in the Garden...This stage is big...He has to make adjustments..

good assessment. There's only so much he can on the defensive side but one thing the team should do is payback the favor and punish them on the other end.

There were several possessions where KP had Gordon on him and they didn't even try to get the ball to him. On that kind of mismatch you need to clear out. pass high and do a little hook shot or the like.

(5)(5)
holfresh
Member: #1081

11/3/2016  2:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2016  2:17 PM
Chandler wrote:
holfresh wrote:The league had a year to scout KP..Now they are doing what MDA does to bigs..They pull him out to the three and shoot over him because he sags and is afraid players will blow by him...Cavs did it, Memphis did it, Detroit did it and Houston did it as well...It's affecting his confidence because he knows there are expectations and Hornacek is riding him in the Garden...This stage is big...He has to make adjustments..

good assessment. There's only so much he can on the defensive side but one thing the team should do is payback the favor and punish them on the other end.

There were several possessions where KP had Gordon on him and they didn't even try to get the ball to him. On that kind of mismatch you need to clear out. pass high and do a little hook shot or the like.

Well Hornacek pulled Noah and moved KP to the 5 but that didn't help either. Hornacek said the same thing in the press conference..I don't think you can hide him..The league is changing quickly. The good teams have quick mobile bigs that can shoot the three. Memphis shocked me with two young interchangeable forwards that do the same thing, athletic and both can shoot the three...Where did these guys come from..I think we are trying to build a traditional lineup and the game may have moved on...Look at KOQ, he can't play PF anymore, he has to play center, he isn't quick enough...
Knixkik
USA
11/3/2016  2:38 PM
holfresh wrote:
Chandler wrote:

Well Hornacek pulled Noah and moved KP to the 5 but that didn't help either. Hornacek said the same thing in the press conference..I don't think you can hide him..The league is changing quickly. The good teams have quick mobile bigs that can shoot the three. Memphis shocked me with two young interchangeable forwards that do the same thing, athletic and both can shoot the three...Where did these guys come from..I think we are trying to build a traditional lineup and the game may have moved on...Look at KOQ, he can't play PF anymore, he has to play center, he isn't quick enough...

I agree. These lineups are tough. Ennis and Green were the forwards for Memphis. Harris and Morris are equally-interchangeable forwards for Detroit. The solution is pretty simple with us though. Noah will continue to start and play his 24 mpg on average. KP should play a majority of the time at center that Noah isn't on the floor. That means as much as 24 mpg. O'Quinn and Hermangomez can see spot minutes. Rotations will be based on matchup. Porzingis is the ideal center for the future of the game. He just needs a little more time time fill out. Eventually we will have to move Melo to the 4 and find a combo forward who can start and isn't a liability on offense like Lance.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/3/2016  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2016  7:24 PM

if the draft of 2015 were to happen again knowing what we know now, who are your first 5 picks

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
holfresh

11/3/2016  8:56 PM
dk7th wrote:

if the draft of 2015 were to happen again knowing what we know now, who are your first 5 picks

Ha..Mr. Intellectual Honesty..That's the question you were really asking a few days ago..I only wish you would honestly answer my questions when I ask them..

1 Towns..Best player in the draft
2 KP..Enormous upside
3 Okafor..Thought he had a great rookie year but got hurt
4 Turner..Turning into a nice player
5 Mudiay..
6 Russell..

Knixkik
USA
11/3/2016  11:09 PM
dk7th wrote:

1. Towns
2. Porzingis
3. Turner
4. Russell
5. Booker

holfresh

11/3/2016  11:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/3/2016  11:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:
dk7th wrote:

1. Towns
2. Porzingis
3. Turner
4. Russell
5. Booker

Wow..No Okafor??..Okafor had the second best stats behind Towns..
Knixkik
USA
11/3/2016  11:33 PM
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
dk7th wrote:

1. Towns
2. Porzingis
3. Turner
4. Russell
5. Booker

My reason is his "fit" in today's league. The type of player he is tough to build with. U need to put a PF next to him who can stretch the floor and defend. It's the reason guys like al Jefferson and greg Monroe are relegated to bench roles. No doubt Okafor will put up numbers though. In a loaded draft like 2015, it's a tough player to take top 5.

holfresh

11/3/2016  11:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
dk7th wrote:

1. Towns
2. Porzingis
3. Turner
4. Russell
5. Booker

My reason is his "fit" in today's league. The type of player he is tough to build with. U need to put a PF next to him who can stretch the floor and defend. It's the reason guys like al Jefferson and greg Monroe are relegated to bench roles. No doubt Okafor will put up numbers though. In a loaded draft like 2015, it's a tough player to take top 5.

Okafor will be a beast..I was really impressed with how much he improved during the season as opposed to during the off season when most NBA players improve..The only young big with more polished moves is Embiid..I too think the game is changing but they will have to deal with Okafor and Embiid as throwback centers for the next decade..

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/4/2016  4:13 AM
The game has changed, but impact players for their games onto the league. KP hasn't shown he is an impact player yet, at best a secondary contributor, but the talent is certainly there.
holfresh

11/4/2016  7:54 AM
knickscity wrote:The game has changed, but impact players for their games onto the league. KP hasn't shown he is an impact player yet, at best a secondary contributor, but the talent is certainly there.

Well the thing that can make him an impact player he isn't working on which is his post up game...Everyone wants to shoot threes like Curry..Secondary contributors has to show consistency as well which he hasn't done yet either...

Knixkik
USA
11/4/2016  9:49 AM
knickscity wrote:The game has changed, but impact players for their games onto the league. KP hasn't shown he is an impact player yet, at best a secondary contributor, but the talent is certainly there.

He has definitely shown the potential. When he is aggressive, he scores with ease. But he is still trying to figure things out. He hasn't even played a full 82 games yet. He is the future of the center position as far as i can see. PF is out of position for him, but i understand why they don't feel the need to move him to full-time center yet. I am fine with him splitting time between the 2 positions for a couple of years. With the way Towns, Porzingis, Embiid, and Turner play, i think every team will need to find that type of center to compete for a championship a few years down the road. That is the main reason i think Okafor is a tough player to project, despite the fact he can average 20 and 10 without a problem. His game was tailor-made for 10 years ago, but not today.

holfresh

11/4/2016  10:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2016  11:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:

He has definitely shown the potential. When he is aggressive, he scores with ease. But he is still trying to figure things out. He hasn't even played a full 82 games yet. He is the future of the center position as far as i can see. PF is out of position for him, but i understand why they don't feel the need to move him to full-time center yet. I am fine with him splitting time between the 2 positions for a couple of years. With the way Towns, Porzingis, Embiid, and Turner play, i think every team will need to find that type of center to compete for a championship a few years down the road. That is the main reason i think Okafor is a tough player to project, despite the fact he can average 20 and 10 without a problem. His game was tailor-made for 10 years ago, but not today.

I don't understand...No one can stop him in the post and what centers in the league will take him to the three point line and blow by him??..And what about Andre Drummond??
Knixkik
USA
11/4/2016  11:18 AM    LAST EDITED: 11/4/2016  11:27 AM
holfresh wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I don't understand...No one can stop him in the post and what centers in the league will take him to the three point line and blow by him??

Most of today's centers are either really athletic or really skilled. He will have a tough time defending most centers. There is a reason guys like Al Jefferson, Greg Monroe, and Zach Randolph are no longer starting, when they can still score 20 and grab 10 on most nights they play big minutes. He reminds me too much of them, although he will probably be a little better. His inability to stretch the floor and defend makes it difficult to put the right team around him.

But i like Okafor, i think he will have a good career. Just stating why i wouldn't draft him top 5 from the 2015 group knowing what i know now. There are going to be a lot of all-stars in this group.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/4/2016  11:44 AM

the only way you will see kp6's potential realized is by benching rose and starting jennings.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Knixkik
USA
11/4/2016  12:17 PM
dk7th wrote:

the only way you will see kp6's potential realized is by benching rose and starting jennings.

I think it will happen either late in the season or next season when we let go of Rose and resign Jennings. Jennings is a good piece for us. He's only 27 years old and has shown the willingness to be a 6th man or starter. He will be solid in either role. I view him as more of a stopgap starter, but when we do find a long-term starter, he will continue to be productive as a bench piece. Would like to see us resign him for 10-12 mil per year in the offseason and have some money leftover to remake the bench.
Game Thread: Knicks try to blast back against the Rockets 11/2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy