[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks try to blast back against the Rockets 11/2
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

11/2/2016  10:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Maybe KP's worst game as a Knick?

Considering the expectations, yes. But he was never involved tonight and he's not ready to hunt for his own shots on a consistent basis yet. They really need to work him into the offense.

Hes got to be more aggressive. We can't force feed a kid that doesn't want to shoot. He seems content with just playing the game. It's not a bad thing but it is not what we expect from him

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
WP76
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4508

11/2/2016  10:02 PM
Frazier's right about one thing, chalking this putrid play on the defensive end to "it's early" is burying your head in the sand. 99 points should be a competitive offensive output. (I know the last NY three was a garbage score but still...)
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/2/2016  10:03 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Considering the expectations, yes. But he was never involved tonight and he's not ready to hunt for his own shots on a consistent basis yet. They really need to work him into the offense.

Hes got to be more aggressive. We can't force feed a kid that doesn't want to shoot. He seems content with just playing the game. It's not a bad thing but it is not what we expect from him

If acquiring Rose and Jennings equates to KP getting less looks and his game regressing in his sophomore season, then they were bad moves.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

11/2/2016  10:03 PM
WP76 wrote:Frazier's right about one thing, chalking this putrid play on the defensive end to "it's early" is burying your head in the sand. 99 points should be a competitive offensive output. (I know the last NY three was a garbage score but still...)

You have to NOT try really hard on defense to give up the kind of points we have the last 2 nights.

EnySpree

11/2/2016  10:04 PM
The funny thing about this game is that the Knicks only lost by 17.... this could have been a 30 point blow out.

I don't know what I'm talking about lol. Just trying to pick the corn out the poo

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
11/2/2016  10:06 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

If acquiring Rose and Jennings equates to KP getting less looks and his game regressing in his sophomore season, then they were bad moves.

they're both on one-year contracts for a very good reason.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2016  10:07 PM
The last 2 games have been embarrassing but you can't get too crazy about 2 horrid games. This team has to regroup and the coaching staff has some serious work to do.

The defense looked even worse tonight than the preseason defense against the Rockets. This is unacceptable and IMO has to be an indictment of the coach and his staff. The team wasn't ready defensively. I can forgive the offense being bad but the defense simply has to be there.

EnySpree

11/2/2016  10:07 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

You think they are connected? If anything I think KP has been getting the ball thrown to him but he's been passing that ball as soon as he gets it. He's also getting stripped and forced into bad shots. That's not the pgs fault

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/2/2016  10:11 PM
nixluva wrote:The last 2 games have been embarrassing but you can't get too crazy about 2 horrid games. This team has to regroup and the coaching staff has some serious work to do.

The defense looked even worse tonight than the preseason defense against the Rockets. This is unacceptable and IMO has to be an indictment of the coach and his staff. The team wasn't ready defensively. I can forgive the offense being bad but the defense simply has to be there.

This. In the preseason Hornacek said they weren't scouting and preparing for teams individually on defense. This needs to happen now. Everybody knows what D'Antoni teams are going to do. The Knicks haven't looked prepared.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

11/2/2016  10:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/2/2016  10:13 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I'm not giving up on the season at all--it's way too early for that--but if the Knicks continue playing this bad by let's say the All Star break, it would be time to consider moving away from Melo and trading him for what you could get at this point (his best days are behind him), making KP the centerpiece of the franchise and looking to get a good draft pick for the future. That would actually be prudent thinking for our future.

And when you realize KP is not ready, then what? KP was lost on defense. Unicorn scored 1 pt. before garbage time.
Ended with 3pts, And without Rose and Melo he was still absent. I am sure he will turn it around but lets not put that kind of pressure on him just yet. BTW, did you notice we gave up 68 points in first half. Really tired hearing about triangle, who should score on offense and how bad our offensive sets are. Our defense sucks. Without that you can have Mike, Shaq and Kobe on offense and still lose by 20.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
EnySpree

11/2/2016  10:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:The last 2 games have been embarrassing but you can't get too crazy about 2 horrid games. This team has to regroup and the coaching staff has some serious work to do.

This. In the preseason Hornacek said they weren't scouting and preparing for teams individually on defense. This needs to happen now. Everybody knows what D'Antoni teams are going to do. The Knicks haven't looked prepared.

Detroit did the sane thing last night though. Every team is going to try to do the sane thing. I bet on evey teams scouting report it reads "push the ball and kick the ball to the 3 point line".

dk7th
USA
11/2/2016  10:22 PM
hornacek: "kp is often in a mismatch and we are not looking for him. we have to take advantage of that."

that's code for "he's being frozen out."

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/2/2016  10:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Detroit did the sane thing last night though. Every team is going to try to do the sane thing. I bet on evey teams scouting report it reads "push the ball and kick the ball to the 3 point line".

I've never seen a team make more WRONG decisions on D trying to deal with a PnR!!! The Knicks never force the ball handler towards the sides or to even trap the ball handler and make him pass. They rarely stopped the ball coming down the floor and blew covering the Roll Man OVER AND OVER...

This team isn't even playing High School level D!

dk7th
USA
11/2/2016  10:25 PM
hornacek: "we need to figure out who should score... getting back to kp and the mismatches." that's code for certain teammates are not finding him when they ought to.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/2/2016  10:35 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

11/2/2016  10:50 PM
dk7th wrote:hornacek: "kp is often in a mismatch and we are not looking for him. we have to take advantage of that."

pretty much. Look i admit KP had a terrible game but he needs to be a priority on offense.
dk7th
USA
11/2/2016  11:05 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:hornacek: "kp is often in a mismatch and we are not looking for him. we have to take advantage of that."

pretty much. Look i admit KP had a terrible game but he needs to be a priority on offense.

this year should have been about developing kp6 as the main guy, so you had to be concerned when jackson acquired rose and jennings, albeit on one-year contracts. as we all know, this was done to appease carmelo anthiny, who looks every bit the 32 year old he is-- with 33,000 minutes logged in the nba, and who is averaging close to 35 minutes a game thus far this season. this is a very bad trend.

what we have seen thus far is what happens when you try to accomplish two separate agendas: you can't serve melo's agenda and not expect kp6 to get screwed.

that's the big picture, but my guess is that most posters on knicks forums essentially can't see the forest for the trees.

StarksEwing1

11/2/2016  11:11 PM
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

this year should have been about developing kp6 as the main guy, so you had to be concerned when jackson acquired rose and jennings, albeit on one-year contracts. as we all know, this was done to appease carmelo anthiny, who looks every bit the 32 year old he is-- with 33,000 minutes logged in the nba, and who is averaging close to 35 minutes a game thus far this season. this is a very bad trend.

what we have seen thus far is what happens when you try to accomplish two separate agendas: you can't serve melo's agenda and not expect kp6 to get screwed.

that's the big picture, but my guess is that most posters on knicks forums essentially can't see the forest for the trees.

the good news is that we have our draft picks plus rose is a expiring contract. I like hornacek and i hope he is more forceful in what he says
dk7th
USA
11/2/2016  11:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

the good news is that we have our draft picks plus rose is a expiring contract. I like hornacek and i hope he is more forceful in what he says

i don't see it happening. rose and melo are a HORRIBLE combination and a HORRIBLE influence on one another.

StarksEwing1

11/2/2016  11:16 PM
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i don't see it happening. rose and melo are a HORRIBLE combination and a HORRIBLE influence on one another.

its exactly what i feared and part of the reason i disliked the trade. Can KP be more aggressive? Of course but they arent exactly looking for him either.
Game Thread: Knicks try to blast back against the Rockets 11/2

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy