[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Craw/JYD/Zeke/Lenny react to trade.
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
8/7/2004  2:28 PM

http://msgnetwork.com/content_news.jsp?articleID=v0000msgn20040807T011408437&newsgroup=columnist.article&team=Knicks&sports=basketball&league=nba
Knicks react to the trade for Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams

Aug 07, 2004

By MSGNetwork.com

One day after Jamal Crawford and Jerome Williams were acquired from Chicago in a six-player deal, general manager Isiah Thomas, head coach Lenny Wilkens and the players themselves expressed their excitement about the deal.

ISIAH THOMAS

Most people don’t realize how good a rebounder and defender Williams is. We are getting one of the better defenders and rebounders in the league at his position and size. He is going to win a lot of games for us with his energy and his effort level. It is quite an honor when a guy such as Jamal Crawford decides to wear a number that I have worn. I am very humbled by it and I appreciate the gesture. We’ve been very successful in working with young players and our track record is pretty good. I think with Jamal’s desire and the knowledge that we possess, I am sure that he will have great success here.

LENNY WILKENS

Williams comes to play every night and wants to do whatever you ask him to do. He will dive on the floor, try to block a shot, he will pass, rebound. He adds a lot to a ball club and brings a lot of energy. Jerome is just a terrific guy and is going to be a big part of this team and people will see that once he gets on the floor and they see what he does. Jamal is a young player who is just starting to realize what his capabilities are. He can score, he can defend. He can play one or two but we’ll make him comfortable first by playing him at the two position. I am excited about it. He gives us depth at that position and I foresee it as just being a plus. I tried to get him when I was with Toronto too. He is a unique young man. I saw him play in high school a little bit and then when he came with the Bulls, I just thought here is a young man that is going to develop and one day be an outstanding player.

JAMAL CRAWFORD

I got scared that it wouldn’t happen but I kept the faith. Right now it is a dream come true to be here. I can’t believe I’m here. I’m going to wear number eleven in homage to Isiah. He is one of the best players that ever played and he was instrumental in bringing me here. It is an honor for me to wear it. There are enough basketballs for me, Allan [Houston] and Stephon [Marbury]. I am just going to try to get in where I fit in and do whatever I can to help the team. There is a little pressure but I’m excited. You go through this thing once and I want to get the most out of it and more importantly to help the team win. I am excited about that challenge.

JEROME WILLIAMS

It is going to be a great accomplishment to come out here and play for the New York Knicks, win some playoff games and it is just have an exciting year. Lenny brought out the best in me. The best time in my career was when I was under his guidance and I am definitely looking forward to teaming up with him again, especially with my new teammates. I think we have a good chance to be one of the best teams in the NBA this year and we are going to be vying for that number one spot. There is going to be a lot of excitement this year.
AUTOADVERT
Craw/JYD/Zeke/Lenny react to trade.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy