[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks try to blow out the Pistons 11/1
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/31/2016  8:46 AM
Looking forward to the match up...

I'm only worried about Tobias and Morris. Drummond will get 20/20 and still have no impact on the game. Another Winnable game.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/31/2016  11:39 AM
Eny, the game is tomorrow (i.e., 11/1). Martin should maybe change the thread title?
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/31/2016  11:48 AM
Premature adulation
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/31/2016  2:03 PM
Any team with good guards performance will beat the Pistons ... Big test for Rose? Jennings? Lee? Holiday?
I still believe Sasha n Jennings should be the first guards off the bench.
Our head coach Jeff Horn were a ex-star guard in the NBA .. How long will it take coach Jeff Horn to get our Knicks guards to coexist in the backcourt?
EnySpree

10/31/2016  2:46 PM
Moonangie wrote:Eny, the game is tomorrow (i.e., 11/1). Martin should maybe change the thread title?

It says 11/1 in the title...

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

10/31/2016  2:48 PM
smackeddog wrote:Premature adulation

Hey man is the season... I wanna talk about the match ups before GameDay.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/31/2016  5:27 PM
EnySpree wrote:

Ha, don't blame you, the gaps between games feel like weeks at the moment. pistons are diminished without their PG, however I do worry about going up against teams that have familiarity and continuity from last season- I'm expecting us to be erratic for a few weeks.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/31/2016  6:09 PM
we got this, Detroit just isn't that good
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree

10/31/2016  6:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:
EnySpree wrote:

Ha, don't blame you, the gaps between games feel like weeks at the moment. pistons are diminished without their PG, however I do worry about going up against teams that have familiarity and continuity from last season- I'm expecting us to be erratic for a few weeks.

I'm not... this team is not filled with a bunch of knuckleheads... there will be a learning curve but the skill level and the professionalism of our players is what's going to make the difference for us.

The pistons do have familiarity but the skill level of their team isn't that high without Reggie Jackson. They do have the all world Ish Smith on the team... if he has it rolling they have a chance.

knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
11/1/2016  4:45 AM
If it were a home game, I would expect a win, but I do want to see if the Knicks can put together a complete game on the road.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

11/1/2016  7:35 AM
Tough to win these road games early on in the season with a new team with a lot of talent like the Knicks. The energy they have at home isn't there on the road. Winning on the road requires more focus and execution. Tomorrow is Houston a running team.

If we split the back to back I will be pleased.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
11/1/2016  8:48 AM
I am a little worried about Jennings in this game. I hope he understands that we need him as an orchestrator. I have a feeling that his ego will be too much and would want to score on Detroit to show them that they mad a mistake.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

11/1/2016  9:19 AM
Harris playing well. Ish will look to prove himself against Rose. Morris will look to bounce back after poor shooting performance. Hopefully we shut those three down. Our bench will be key, again.
'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
11/1/2016  10:21 AM
It's not about the Pistons! This is all about the Knicks. The Knicks have to play up to their level and execute and that should take care of itself. The Knicks starting unit can be a nightmare to deal with when they get ball and player movement. Defend and get out on the run and this team should be able to get this win.
Gudris
Member: #6213

11/1/2016  12:43 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not about the Pistons! This is all about the Knicks. The Knicks have to play up to their level and execute and that should take care of itself. The Knicks starting unit can be a nightmare to deal with when they get ball and player movement. Defend and get out on the run and this team should be able to get this win.

Agree, our starting five is superteam(no joke) , i they play unselfish team ball its impossible to stop that offense
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2016  2:24 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2016  2:25 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not about the Pistons! This is all about the Knicks. The Knicks have to play up to their level and execute and that should take care of itself. The Knicks starting unit can be a nightmare to deal with when they get ball and player movement. Defend and get out on the run and this team should be able to get this win.

When you play the Pistons it comes down to 2 things

1)who wins the rebounding battle

2)who turns the ball over the least.

they don't shoot particularly well from anywhere on the court.

Melo does not have good games against Detroit (at least not efficient ones)

The object here is to get Drummond in Foul trouble, and if all else fails resort to (career 38% FT shooter) HACK-A-Drummond

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
11/1/2016  3:17 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

The object here is to get Drummond in Foul trouble, and if all else fails resort to (career 38% FT shooter) HACK-A-Drummond

maybe we get a Plumlee sighting?

Every game is a test and teaches us something. After getting spanked by Cle we learned the Knicks would come back more prepared and focused. Now we get a nice road test, followed by a b2b at home. Lets see what they bring tonight and what they have left for tomorrow. Lets see how the coach handles the rotation over the next two days as well. Lets see how Rose looks after a nice bounce back game.

Two guys I would really like to see more from are Jennings and Lance. Bench has been pretty weak so far and those two are big culprits. Big fan of the Lance signing but he's brought his crappy shooting preseason into the regular season. A few more lousy games and Kuz should be getting that call.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

11/1/2016  5:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 11/1/2016  5:30 PM
Liked the adjustments that were made last game. Thats been a problem with this team going back many coaches. There seems to be more of a willingness from Phil to Jeff this season to be willing to tinker with the offense, nothing looks to be carved in stone. Better chance of succeeding this way IMO.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
11/1/2016  5:25 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
knicks1248
Member: #582
11/1/2016  5:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

maybe we get a Plumlee sighting?

Every game is a test and teaches us something. After getting spanked by Cle we learned the Knicks would come back more prepared and focused. Now we get a nice road test, followed by a b2b at home. Lets see what they bring tonight and what they have left for tomorrow. Lets see how the coach handles the rotation over the next two days as well. Lets see how Rose looks after a nice bounce back game.

Two guys I would really like to see more from are Jennings and Lance. Bench has been pretty weak so far and those two are big culprits. Big fan of the Lance signing but he's brought his crappy shooting preseason into the regular season. A few more lousy games and Kuz should be getting that call.

maybe it's because he's coming off of an injury, that's why when I see dudes shooting jumpers in an empty gym and they're draining one after another, I don't get the least bit excited or encourage.

It's a different story when it's game time. I remember watch Jonh starks practice shooting drills with 2 guy's defending him, and one had a broom, and he would shoot over the guy with the broom..

ES
Game Thread: Knicks try to blow out the Pistons 11/1

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy