[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game thread: Knicks make Memphis sing the orange and blues
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/26/2016  8:45 PM
I'm predicting a fun win. In Scorebots name we pray.... Amen
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

10/26/2016  8:50 PM
Co-sign
(5)(5)
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/27/2016  11:01 AM
Is this game tonight?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/27/2016  11:11 AM
Moonangie wrote:Is this game tonight?

Saturday.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/27/2016  11:12 AM
And it's good it's these many days between games, Rose/Noah and the starters need a lot of time to practice and get more on the same page.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/27/2016  11:36 AM
I predict a much better effort and execution from the Knicks and dare I say win. They have some practices, some good game tape to look at and they should be motivated.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/27/2016  12:21 PM
fishmike wrote:I predict a much better effort and execution from the Knicks and dare I say win. They have some practices, some good game tape to look at and they should be motivated.

I predict hope.
I have no earthly idea what transpires.
Embiid lights up the Thunder, Lakers win their first game and Randle shines in the post Kobe era.
Minny loses, and the Warrors get lit up at home no less.
Top 5 player no doubt is A guy named "Kawhi" and nobody really knows him.
Its a different world but I'll root for the knicks. That's my prediction!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/27/2016  12:44 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2016  12:44 PM
fishmike wrote:I predict a much better effort and execution from the Knicks and dare I say win. They have some practices, some good game tape to look at and they should be motivated.

I'm hoping the last game hurt the pride of this self proclaimed super team

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
10/27/2016  12:59 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:

it may yet be a super team.. who knows. I don't get too caught up in what dumb jocks or dk says. I am happy Rose is excited about the guys on his team. No problem with that. Its simply very early and good teams with good talent and management make adjustments and rise to the top. Will the Knicks be one of them? Time will tell.. but I do think we learn something early from this Memphis game.
SupremeCommander

10/27/2016  1:17 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

it may yet be a super team.. who knows. I don't get too caught up in what dumb jocks or dk says. I am happy Rose is excited about the guys on his team. No problem with that. Its simply very early and good teams with good talent and management make adjustments and rise to the top. Will the Knicks be one of them? Time will tell.. but I do think we learn something early from this Memphis game.

I just hope the Knicks can hover around .500 until 2017 because basketball takes a lot of time to learn how to play together as a team

fishmike
USA
10/27/2016  1:24 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I just hope the Knicks can hover around .500 until 2017 because basketball takes a lot of time to learn how to play together as a team

Last year they added Lopez, Afflalo and Jose really didn't play the year before so it was a very new squad and they went 20-20 (ish) over the first 40 games. I think this team is better and more resilient (talent wise) than last year and should be able to tread water through the type of injuries that derailed us last year.
SupremeCommander

10/27/2016  1:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Last year they added Lopez, Afflalo and Jose really didn't play the year before so it was a very new squad and they went 20-20 (ish) over the first 40 games. I think this team is better and more resilient (talent wise) than last year and should be able to tread water through the type of injuries that derailed us last year.

our bench last year was also far superior to this year's. Overall the team is improved but we robbed Peter to pay Paul

fishmike
USA
10/27/2016  2:06 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

our bench last year was also far superior to this year's. Overall the team is improved but we robbed Peter to pay Paul

far superior? How do you figure? Bench guys last year were Lance, DWill, Grant and Langston. Special guest appearances from Sasha, Kyle, Kevin and Lou. I see the opposite... I expect this year's bench to be much better on both ends.
SupremeCommander

10/27/2016  4:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/27/2016  4:06 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

far superior? How do you figure? Bench guys last year were Lance, DWill, Grant and Langston. Special guest appearances from Sasha, Kyle, Kevin and Lou. I see the opposite... I expect this year's bench to be much better on both ends.

I guess it comes down to whether or not you like DWill and Langston. Who is ready to replace them? I think their roles were important. Sure perhaps some of our yoots develop to replace their production but we ain't there yet. I don't see how you can objectively say that our bench is better this year

fishmike
USA
10/27/2016  4:25 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

I guess it comes down to whether or not you like DWill and Langston. Who is ready to replace them? I think their roles were important. Sure perhaps some of our yoots develop to replace their production but we ain't there yet. I don't see how you can objectively say that our bench is better this year

Well if we are talking about the Langston of last year who hit every 3 for the first month yea... thats tough. Also DWill was productive and a nice boost early on, so if your argument is matching the bench production we got at the start of last year... well that is fair as it certainly contributed to the 20-20 start, and also was a big part of the 2nd half collapse.
Lance went out. Langston didnt hit a shot for 3 months. Other teams learned DWill is actually Derrick Williams and Grant went crap also. So to be fair I am thinking over all personnel, and I think we are much better now. I think Kuz probably plays a DWill type role, which is come in a couple times a game and just score it.

The one thing about the bench is JH is not committed yet. I dont think we saw guys really out play others so there will still be plenty of chances. Only KOQ cemented his spot with good play and he played OK vs. Cle to be fair.

Its too early to make any judgements, but I look at the current bench talent vs. last years and I think we upgraded that by quite a bit.

EnySpree

10/27/2016  5:01 PM
One game was played!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree

10/27/2016  5:01 PM
DrAlphaeus
Alba Posts: 10
Member: #1781

10/27/2016  5:50 PM
So what is this news I hear about the Knicks not having a defense or big man coach?

Checks out with the eye test!

Baba Booey 2016 — "It's Silly Season"
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/27/2016  7:16 PM
I think KP will rise and shine in Garden, he get energy from fans, we win in close game
Kemet
Member: #6148

10/28/2016  1:49 AM
Will the new head coach Horn show up for this Memphis Game .. Or will the same coach Horn show up again with his incompetent substitution and no defense coaching
Game thread: Knicks make Memphis sing the orange and blues

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy