G Rose

PG Baker
-------------------------------------
C Noah

F Oquinn or Thomas depending on team.

G Lee

PG Jennings

G Sasha

We lack athletic ability on this team--there is NO doubt about it--we lack it--it will have to be addressed in trades and or offseason. Our BEST team is CA at PF it was has been and will be. I like Kuz inside outside play. He can also handle the ball. Because we have no line upo that really puts a great defense ut there we need to rely on more aesthetic play.

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Sambakick
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5646

10/26/2016  1:24 AM
Overreacting a bit there but thanks for your 2 cents. Here's a dollar. Keep the change.
Everything in moderation. Even moderation.
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2016  1:31 AM
This is always your solution to everything - move the starters to the bench and start the more obscure bench players who you previously said were trash before they even played for the knicks. Will you give that lineup one game to prove themselves?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2016  1:49 AM
smackeddog wrote:This is always your solution to everything - move the starters to the bench and start the more obscure bench players who you previously said were trash before they even played for the knicks. Will you give that lineup one game to prove themselves?

I dont think its going to work right with Derrick Rose as the main facilitator. He can be a good player--but I dont think he can make players around him better. I think Baker out of the three will help facilitate the game better. Branden Jennings is to wild to start and cant shoot. Baker atleast gives me the defense the heady play and can shoot it.

I said this back in pre season--I think we need to find some fit--that we cant be tied to a line up because of salary. How things fit together very important in sports. And if all else fails get Lebron James or Tom Brady to your team and let them tell you what to do:)

RIP Crushalot😞
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/26/2016  7:18 AM
Here is my change. I've lost emotional interest in this team. I think we're going to suck again this year, no matter what we do.

How can you trade away draft picks for years and turn over the roster year after year and hope for anything better to turn out?

Noah is too old. He should have been a knick when he was drafted with our pick.

Lee is a marginal role player.

Derrick Rose was a dump and we gave up too much for him.

News flash: we're probably going to suck again next year too!

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
10/26/2016  7:42 AM
franco12 wrote:Here is my change. I've lost emotional interest in this team. I think we're going to suck again this year, no matter what we do.

How can you trade away draft picks for years and turn over the roster year after year and hope for anything better to turn out?

Noah is too old. He should have been a knick when he was drafted with our pick.

Lee is a marginal role player.

Derrick Rose was a dump and we gave up too much for him.

News flash: we're probably going to suck again next year too!

Yeah all those mid 30s projections may have been right!
BigRedDog
Member: #569
10/26/2016  8:20 AM
BRIGGS wrote:C--KP

PF--Anthony

F-- Kuz

G Rose

PG Baker
-------------------------------------
C Noah

F Oquinn or Thomas depending on team.

G Lee

PG Jennings

G Sasha

We lack athletic ability on this team--there is NO doubt about it--we lack it--it will have to be addressed in trades and or offseason. Our BEST team is CA at PF it was has been and will be. I like Kuz inside outside play. He can also handle the ball. Because we have no line upo that really puts a great defense ut there we need to rely on more aesthetic play.

Bench Lee for Baker. Baker who barely made this team, now a starter??? Briggs you f'in crazy. Way overreacting!

Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
JrZyHuStLa
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1241

10/26/2016  8:26 AM
This guy over here...
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
10/26/2016  8:27 AM
the classic briggs over-reaction
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/26/2016  9:50 AM
Briggs, isn't there some obscure French big playing in the Albanian league somewhere you should be touting to us about now?
Or do we already have enough Euros to satisfy you?

Start Baker and Cheese.

Can't wait for Game 2's 'change'.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2016  10:20 AM
Starting 5 is fine. You don't tinker with it. The only change I can see is for Jennings. He gets 2 more games. If he does not fix his problem then time to go with Sasha or Baker as the primary backup PG.
reub
Member: #6227

10/26/2016  11:33 AM
We're just overplaying the ball on defense and leaving shooters open on the perimeter. It's a learning experience. Also we should have backed off of Lebron and made him beat us from the outside.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/26/2016  11:39 AM
I think you may be right about KP at C.

Rose has his first game in weeks! Let him learn and grow. I do like what I see in Baker but not over Rose and Jennings. Spot up shooter, off the bench, yes.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/26/2016  11:52 AM
Might be a lineup you can use at times, but they don't want KP banging down low all the time at this point.

Will say this about Baker, though, if you buy into the Triangle, Baker looks like a better version of a Galloway-type Triangle combo-guard PG. He is not a superior ball handler, but he his is efficient and does not over dribble. Too early to give him a prominent role, though.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2016  12:56 PM
Nalods view:

New coach, 9 new players, 4 rookies, 3 new starters.
Derrick not only missed two weeks of camp, he was not even there with
the team!

First game against defending champs who were getting their rings and had a hard on to play big on National TV game.
A defending champ whose team defense and team cohesion is still intact.
Rookie move would be to panic after game one. That's not going to happen.
I didn't like what I saw, but Nalod believes in HornaJax figuring it out. If not, we have a draft pick and cap flex.

callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/26/2016  12:59 PM
i refuse to overreact to one game - the FIRST game at the defending champs on the road during their ring ceremony

yes there were some problems and concerns but i dont think the knicks should overreact

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
BRIGGS
10/26/2016  1:34 PM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I think you may be right about KP at C.

Rose has his first game in weeks! Let him learn and grow. I do like what I see in Baker but not over Rose and Jennings. Spot up shooter, off the bench, yes.

We need to use our draft pick this year on a really decent PG. Im not advocating Baker to PG game #2. I just think it will evolve that way believe it or not. Hes a heady play and I like the size for the position. I like the looks of all three Euros--Kuz obviously is a guy who can play now. Im not feeling it with Noah and Lee. Im sure they will have their games--but are they consistently mid teen million dollar players? No F way. I like that we have some underbelly built in--but were going to need a really good PG prospect to go with Baker for the future--who knows if Baker can evolve into an NBA starting 1 man but I think he'll start getting a shot sometime this year. And a focus going forward is to find some athletes up front at the wing and in the backcourt. We need a BIg time infusion of athletic ability. We have almost nothing.

Last night reminded me when we would play the Nets when they were good. It would be dunk after dunk. I dont think we have very good defensive make up. Were fooling ourselves if we think we have 2012 Noah.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/26/2016  1:36 PM
callmened wrote:i refuse to overreact to one game - the FIRST game at the defending champs on the road during their ring ceremony

yes there were some problems and concerns but i dont think the knicks should overreact

Other than playing brooklyn or Bostons 3 rd string--were giving up way too many points from pre season. I dont know if we have the make up to stop other teams--were really slow.

RIP Crushalot😞
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/26/2016  3:24 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
callmened wrote:i refuse to overreact to one game - the FIRST game at the defending champs on the road during their ring ceremony

Other than playing brooklyn or Bostons 3 rd string--were giving up way too many points from pre season. I dont know if we have the make up to stop other teams--were really slow.

Hey, why not start a new thread about being s-l-o-w?
Its such a great revelation that it deserves its thread!

LivingLegend
Member: #1645

10/26/2016  6:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  6:24 PM
nyk4ever wrote:the classic briggs over-reaction

LOL - Briggs benching Noah, moving KP to center, Melo to PF, Rose to SG and benching C-Lee after 1st game. I'm chomping at the bit waiting for Kuz to defend KD and Kawai as our starting SF.

Briggs - how do you expect to ever be taken seriously when you do stuff like this????

This post is ban worthy -- I mean really that is god awful and borderline insane.

Heres my change

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy