[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Everyone take a deep breath
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

10/25/2016  9:56 PM
This is going to take time to gel ... only real observation lance needs to start making buckets or kuz is going to take his spot I hate seeing open shot bricks .. KP melo rose on point .. same with Lee with lance make your open shots
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2016  10:01 PM
Im not mad. Its gonna be a up and down year. We have some real good pieces but we also have holes. I think we will win a decent amount. This year is a building block.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2016  10:07 PM
It's not about F'n building blocks. Come on man! Quite literally the team's starting unit never played together!!! What is so hard to understand about that? Also Hornacek held back on installing the offense with Rose missing. He also didn't get a chance to see his new team and particularly starting lineup so he could work on rotations etc.

To me it's ridiculous to try and gauge anything from this early season. We know that the team missed important time in the preseason to work with each other. Even if they had a full camp and preseason together it would've been some time needed to develop chemistry. still doesn't mean that they won't be good when they have time to come together more. What matters is how this team comes together over the course of this season. They have enough talent to win. But there's more to it than just having some talent. They'll get it together.

StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  10:10 PM
nixluva wrote:It's not about F'n building blocks. Come on man! Quite literally the team's starting unit never played together!!! What is so hard to understand about that? Also Hornacek held back on installing the offense with Rose missing. He also didn't get a chance to see his new team and particularly starting lineup so he could work on rotations etc.

To me it's ridiculous to try and gauge anything from this early season. We know that the team missed important time in the preseason to work with each other. Even if they had a full camp and preseason together it would've been some time needed to develop chemistry. still doesn't mean that they won't be good when they have time to come together more. What matters is how this team comes together over the course of this season. They have enough talent to win. But there's more to it than just having some talent. They'll get it together.

take a deep breath nix. Im just being honest. I have said a million times that we are a playoff team but i dont think we are a elite 55—60 win tema. Building block is not a bad thing. This season is really about getting KP to the next level and getting to the playoffs. We have multiple draft picks and cap space to take the next step
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2016  10:14 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Im not mad. Its gonna be a up and down year. We have some real good pieces but we also have holes. I think we will win a decent amount. This year is a building block.

The Knicks are trying to win and build for the future. Five rooks ANSI a second year guy on the roster is definitely building. But if you think Jax and Mills went out and got Rose, Lee, Noah and Jennings to not be in the mix this year I disagree.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2016  10:16 PM
It all comes down IMO to our PGs buying in. Would like to see Sasha and Baker push Rose and Jennings for minutes. They wont supplant Rose anytime soon, but they might make Jennings more willing to share the rock.
StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  10:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Im not mad. Its gonna be a up and down year. We have some real good pieces but we also have holes. I think we will win a decent amount. This year is a building block.

The Knicks are trying to win and build for the future. Five rooks ANSI a second year guy on the roster is definitely building. But if you think Jax and Mills went out and got Rose, Lee, Noah and Jennings to not be in the mix this year I disagree.
when did i say they werent trying to be in the mix? I clearly said playoff team which is a good step from 17 wins not too long ago. Im just trying to be realistic. I still enjoy watching even through the tough times. This team still needs more. If noah and rose were still in their prime before the injuries it would be a different story in terms of being elite
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  10:19 PM
Rose looks nice and springy but played like this was his 2nd preseason game. Sloppy.
We got nothing from Lance and Jennings.
Holiday had some nice moments.
KP continues to lose his man for open looks on the outside, he's trying to do too much on defense.
Melo looked great.
Noah had some nice moments but wasn't effective.

I didn't expect to win in Cle. I expected we would have some moments but wouldn't be able to fight off Bron and KI in the 2nd half and we couldn't. Its fine. Memphis is a better measuring stick. Lets see how we adjust.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2016  10:23 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

when did i say they werent trying to be in the mix? I clearly said playoff team which is a good step from 17 wins not too long ago. Im just trying to be realistic. I still enjoy watching even through the tough times. This team still needs more. If noah and rose were still in their prime before the injuries it would be a different story in terms of being elite

Maybe I am misreading things but it seems like every third post of yours is how it is all about building for KP. The Knicks have veteran talent. They aren't tanking to get a pick. They decided to work with Melo's timeline. From a distance It doesn't appear that you see it that way.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
magicTs
Member: #5564

10/25/2016  10:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:It's not about F'n building blocks. Come on man! Quite literally the team's starting unit never played together!!! What is so hard to understand about that? Also Hornacek held back on installing the offense with Rose missing. He also didn't get a chance to see his new team and particularly starting lineup so he could work on rotations etc.

take a deep breath nix. Im just being honest. I have said a million times that we are a playoff team but i dont think we are a elite 55—60 win tema. Building block is not a bad thing. This season is really about getting KP to the next level and getting to the playoffs. We have multiple draft picks and cap space to take the next step

Which PG do you think we will go after in free agency?

StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  10:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe I am misreading things but it seems like every third post of yours is how it is all about building for KP. The Knicks have veteran talent. They aren't tanking to get a pick. They decided to work with Melo's timeline. From a distance It doesn't appear that you see it that way.
Hell Yeah you are misreading things. When did i say ever say tank? Building block means going from not being in the playoffs to getting in. I predicted 42-45 wins for a while. Yes this is also a year about getting KP to the next level as well. So for the record MY POINT is that i think we are a playoff team but not a contender quite yet
Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/25/2016  10:29 PM
GustavBahler wrote:It all comes down IMO to our PGs buying in. Would like to see Sasha and Baker push Rose and Jennings for minutes. They wont supplant Rose anytime soon, but they might make Jennings more willing to share the rock.
I'm all for this . . .
nixluva
USA
10/25/2016  10:38 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I'm telling you that when this team gets in midseason form you won't be talking about building blocks. People are misreading how bad they looked tonight. There were a ton of extenuating circumstances that lead to such a bad performance and it's not because this team only has 42 win talent!!!

It amazes me but then it doesn't, how people are so quick to jump off the bandwagon or assume the Knicks won't be much after one game. Especially when we know the starting lineup wasn't together this preseason. That has stunted the teams development.
We simply MUST have the top 7 players functioning at a high level. None of them were clicking tonight and a huge part of that is how things went before the season.

StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  10:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

I'm telling you that when this team gets in midseason form you won't be talking about building blocks. People are misreading how bad they looked tonight. There were a ton of extenuating circumstances that lead to such a bad performance and it's not because this team only has 42 win talent!!!

It amazes me but then it doesn't, how people are so quick to jump off the bandwagon or assume the Knicks won't be much after one game. Especially when we know the starting lineup wasn't together this preseason. That has stunted the teams development.
We simply MUST have the top 7 players functioning at a high level. None of them were clicking tonight and a huge part of that is how things went before the season.

How am i jumping off the bandwagon? This is what i have predicted for months. Im not upset about tonight, i expected it to be tough. Jesus Christ Almighty lol
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/25/2016  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  11:11 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

This game was nice and much needed bucket of cold water on the hot heads of Rose who still believes (mistakenly) that he is elite and many NY fans who mistakenly think that contenders can be build overnight with the help of good luck. Never happened and never will.
This team is work in progress and need serious seasoning and reinforcements for at lease this and next season to get to the elite level.
And there is never a guaranty that this will be successful but we as a fans must have faith in it.
At the same time keeping realistic expectation is important for everyone in the organization and fan-base.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
10/25/2016  11:43 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

How am i jumping off the bandwagon? This is what i have predicted for months. Im not upset about tonight, i expected it to be tough. Jesus Christ Almighty lol

You can't take everything I write so personally. I wasn't saying YOU are jumping off the bandwagon. I said "PEOPLE" are so quick to jump off. Clearly if you weren't one of those people then it wasn't directed at you. Even tho it was in a post responding to you I didn't say YOU jumped off the bandwagon.
StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  11:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  11:56 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You can't take everything I write so personally. I wasn't saying YOU are jumping off the bandwagon. I said "PEOPLE" are so quick to jump off. Clearly if you weren't one of those people then it wasn't directed at you. Even tho it was in a post responding to you I didn't say YOU jumped off the bandwagon.
i dont take anything personally. Just relax man its all good
nixluva
USA
10/26/2016  12:48 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

i dont take anything personally. Just relax man its all good

Yes you do!!! I don't need to relax. People need to relax about this team and not get all twisted cuz they sucked in game one. That's what the issue is.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2016  1:32 AM
The Warriors got blown out too today- are they finished? It takes weeks and months to build chemistry
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/26/2016  1:52 AM
smackeddog wrote:The Warriors got blown out too today- are they finished? It takes weeks and months to build chemistry

Its a softer team. Their role players Bogut Barnes Speights all gonzo. To me they are going to need their rookies to be interjected fully by game 40 both Jones Looney and McCaw. I can see all 3 helping them right away with defense and theyre going to need some.

RIP Crushalot😞
Everyone take a deep breath

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy