[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Some positive vibes...
Author Thread
callmened
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4234

10/24/2016  10:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  4:08 PM
I have the feeling many folks here perceive me to be a "negative" person...always looking on the down side. or maybe none of you do or none of you have noticed or care (lol). But this post was inspired by EnySpree (who probably is a NedHater lol). i hope you dont take any of my "hate" seriously - i just try to be objective. i really really am a knicks fan! i swear!

here are some positive vibes to share:
- rose is really really really fast. he should be a pain in the ass to defenses because he's constantly penetrating. He will fit in with the new "TurboTriangle" offense. we havent had a PG this good in years. since this is his contract yr he will be playing hard to prove doubters wrong.
- Courtney Lee is a professional 3&d guy. lock down defender who can hit the open three. EVERYWHERE he has gone (and he has truly gone everywhere), he has fit in without a problem
- Carmelo can still score the ball. dude is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of the best scorers of this generation. dude just knows how to score - whether thats running the circle, triangle or square
- Porzingus - has the chance to be a top 10 player some day. no matter how bad things may get all i have to do is think of how good KP can and will be. i've never seen a basketball player like him before at that size. right now K.A.T is getting hyped but i truly believe KP could be better than him
- Noah - lives and breathes NYC. what he doesnt provide in stats he will provide in intangibles. dude has LOTS of heart and isnt afraid of ANYONE. he DEMANDS excellence and hard work

----
BENCH
- B. jennings - wants to be NYC and will make exciting plays to get the crowd hype. the former lottery pick has finally learned to combine his quickness & talent with intelligence. that injury might have humbled him
- Sasha knows the triangle inside and out and even though it seems like he has been here forever hes only like 32. dude still has a nice outside jumper and he plays hard
- Lance thomas - yet another native new yorker who has worked hard to get to where he is. a capable defender who can also knock down 3s
- hernanogomez - this was a great draft pick who is experienced playing in pro ball overseas. kinda reminds me of scola. but he plays hard, sets solid screens and has soft hands
- oquinn - i really like NYC natives. kyle is a rugged big man who has versatile traits such as passing and outside shooting

BENCH BENCH (holiday, plumlee, ndour, kuz, baker)
- collectively they played well in the preseason and were always competitive

COACHING
- Hornecek - im highly satisfied with whatever the hell the coach is running (which seems to me 2ndary break sets - like drag stagger screens, swing action, etc - before settling into the triangle if necessary). Its uptempo and plays to their strengths

ok so thats ned's positive spin on things - no negatives...just positive vibes #nixluvaVibes

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  10:39 PM
Way to not mention Lance Thomas, hater. Geez.
¿ △ ?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  10:40 PM
Just kidding - that's a great write-up. I agree with all of it. That's the positive take heading into the season. Some things won't work, some things will, same for every team. This is the most optimistic I've been about a Knicks season in a looooong time. Let's go!
¿ △ ?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2016  10:51 PM
Great write up.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
callmened

10/24/2016  11:26 PM
crzymdups wrote:Way to not mention Lance Thomas, hater. Geez.

oops. yeah i just added lance now. thanks

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2016  7:11 AM
callmened wrote:I have the feeling many folks here perceive me to be a "negative" person...always looking on the down side. or maybe none of you do or none of you have noticed or care (lol). But this was inspired by EnySpree (who probably is a NedHater lol). i hope you dont take any of my "hate" seriously - i just try to be objective. i really really am a knicks fan! i swear!

regardless here are some positive vibes to share:
- rose is really really really fast. he should be a pain in the ass to defenses because he's constantly penetrating. He will fit in with the new "TurboTriangle" offense. we havent had a PG this good in years. since this is his contract yr he will be playing hard to prove doubters wrong.
- Courtney Lee is a professional 3&d guy. lock down defender who can hit the open three. EVERYWHERE he has gone (and he has truly gone everywhere), he has fit in without a problem
- Carmelo can still score the ball. dude is a 1st ballot hall of famer and one of the best scorers of this generation. dude just knows how to score - whether thats running the circle, triangle or square
- Porzingus - has the chance to be a top 10 player some day. no matter how bad things may get all i have to do is think of how good KP can and will be. i've never seen a basketball player like him before at that size. right now K.A.T is getting hyped but i truly believe KP could be better than him
- Noah - lives and breathes NYC. what he doesnt provide in stats he will provide in intangibles. dude has LOTS of heart and isnt afraid of ANYONE. he DEMANDS excellence and hard work

----
BENCH
- B. jennings - wants to be NYC and will make exciting plays to get the crowd hype. the former lottery pick has finally learned to combine his quickness & talent with intelligence. that injury might have humbled him
- Sasha knows the triangle inside and out and even though it seems like he has been here forever hes only like 32. dude still has a nice outside jumper and he plays hard
- Lance thomas - yet another native new yorker who has worked hard to get to where he is. a capable defender who can also knock down 3s
- hernanogomez - this was a great draft pick who is experienced playing in pro ball overseas. kinda reminds me of scola. but he plays hard, sets solid screens and has soft hands
- oquinn - i really like NYC natives. kyle is a rugged big man who has versatile traits such as passing and outside shooting

BENCH BENCH (holiday, plumlee, ndour, kuz, baker)
- collectively they played well in the preseason and were always competitive

COACHING
- Hornecek - im highly satisfied with whatever the hell the coach is running (which seems to me 2ndary break sets - like drag stagger screens, swing action, etc - before settling into the triangle if necessary). Its uptempo and plays to their strengths

ok so thats ned's positive spin on things - no negatives...just positive vibes #nixluvaVibes

great write up ned. I agree with most of your points. Also you never have to apologize for being objective...thats a good thing
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  8:04 AM
I feel like Phil has done a good job. We have a good team with a good future. Good post.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  9:30 AM
fishmike wrote:I feel like Phil has done a good job. We have a good team with a good future. Good post.
for the most part i have been happy with phil. Im glad he hasnt traded any first round picks like previous gms
RicanHavok
Member: #4274
USA
10/25/2016  10:36 AM
Great read! First time in a long time the Knicks have legit youngn's at the back of the roster as opposed to just random bodies just filling out a roster. Feelin positive!!
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/25/2016  10:55 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:56 AM
I agree with your post wholeheartedly. I'm stoked for tonight's game. So I no longer need to privately think of you as "CallMeNeg"?
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/25/2016  11:54 AM
Good vibes...
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/25/2016  1:06 PM
Moonangie wrote:I agree with your post wholeheartedly. I'm stoked for tonight's game. So I no longer need to privately think of you as "CallMeNeg"?

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2016  1:59 PM
This almost made me cry, thinking about what tkf or ChuckBuck would have done to your "Melo First ballot hall of famer" line.
Almost, but not quite.

Great post!

callmened

10/25/2016  4:00 PM
Moonangie wrote:I agree with your post wholeheartedly. I'm stoked for tonight's game. So I no longer need to privately think of you as "CallMeNeg"?

ahhaahahhaah....no no...please dont. lol

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2016  5:42 PM
Callmened....

I just don't like doom and gloom... I also don't like the stupid sarcastic jokes that come along with it. If the Knicks sucked and had no chance to fix like in the Laden era then you could do that. Under Phil the Knicks have been in anew upward spiral. We can actually predict more positive outcomes than negative and we should. Not because we're trying to be positive. It's because we have a healthy franchise and we deserve to enjoy this come up. I don't want to waste time being a negative Nancy and infecting the rest of the forum with that garbage. I believe the last 3 years that's been my tone.

I been on this forum since 2003 and man I have went off the deep end plenty of times. The team was gong nowhere and there was no relief in sight. Times like that everyone is negative and rightfully so. We have to do things like the Alba thread to keep everyone together. 2016 should be a time where sticking together should be no problem at all.

You know why I'm here like my sig says.... to talk Knicks. Real talk, not the garbage you hear fake fans rant about at the office or barbershop. The guys in here should all be well versed in everything knick. No need to educate. If that's the case then right now should be the beginning of a new era of winning. Signs are pointed to that. After the last 15 years, we know these times can be few and far between.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  5:58 PM
EnySpree wrote:Callmened....

I just don't like doom and gloom... I also don't like the stupid sarcastic jokes that come along with it. If the Knicks sucked and had no chance to fix like in the Laden era then you could do that. Under Phil the Knicks have been in anew upward spiral. We can actually predict more positive outcomes than negative and we should. Not because we're trying to be positive. It's because we have a healthy franchise and we deserve to enjoy this come up. I don't want to waste time being a negative Nancy and infecting the rest of the forum with that garbage. I believe the last 3 years that's been my tone.

I been on this forum since 2003 and man I have went off the deep end plenty of times. The team was gong nowhere and there was no relief in sight. Times like that everyone is negative and rightfully so. We have to do things like the Alba thread to keep everyone together. 2016 should be a time where sticking together should be no problem at all.

You know why I'm here like my sig says.... to talk Knicks. Real talk, not the garbage you hear fake fans rant about at the office or barbershop. The guys in here should all be well versed in everything knick. No need to educate. If that's the case then right now should be the beginning of a new era of winning. Signs are pointed to that. After the last 15 years, we know these times can be few and far between.

i hate doom and gloom as well BUT i also like keeping it real even if its not positive. Thats why i like callmened. He is a bigtime knick fan like all of us but he tells it like it is. Anyway im very excited to start the season...Lets Go Knicks!!!
callmened

10/25/2016  7:07 PM

i've been on record of stating that the knicks should improve (i expect around 40 wins).
i dont think the knicks suck at all and i LOVE their future - especially porzingus

well this post was inspired by folks like you (who think im full of gloom and doom) - hope you like the positive vibes

Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/25/2016  7:11 PM
I appreciate the devotion of Knicks fans -- even if I don't share it myself.

I grew up in Denver. I remember the FIRST season of the Broncos in 1960.

My gawd were they awful -- didn't get above .500 for first 13 years (!)

Anyone remember Steve Tensi and Lou Saban (?)

Mention those names to old timers in Denver . . . and you can still feel
their pain.

So I know what it means to follow a home team for a long time -- through
good and bad.

All I can say to long time Knicks fans: in my heart I think that the
Trangle is your best chance to see a good Knicks team any time soon.

Let's all hope that's true (!) We can all agree on that . . .

StarksEwing1

10/25/2016  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  7:18 PM
callmened wrote:

i've been on record of stating that the knicks should improve (i expect around 40 wins).
i dont think the knicks suck at all and i LOVE their future - especially porzingus

well this post was inspired by folks like you (who think im full of gloom and doom) - hope you like the positive vibes

Anybody who accuses you of doom and gloom is absolutely crazy. Like I said in a previous post you want the knicks to win as much as anybody but you also tell it like it is which I greatly respect
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/25/2016  7:28 PM
"Telling it like it is" huh? Anyway the Knicks game is almost on. Bye
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Some positive vibes...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy