[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

10/25/2016  11:50 PM
I thought that Rose, KP, Noah, Holiday, Kuz, and Baker played well.

Willy showed promise.

Melo, Lee, BJ and Lance were underwhelming. O’Quinn was good and bad.

Sasha looked quite thin.

AUTOADVERT
knickscity
Member: #4241
USA
10/25/2016  11:56 PM
The Knicks will be OK, but I told y'all to park that matchup well nonsense. The cavs aren't chmaps because they match up well with trams like the Knicks. Lebron gets a triple double and Kyrie is a legit all star guard. And now they know how to use Love.

Knicks were never in this one, but they'll their fair share pending health. 45-47 at best.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/26/2016  12:46 AM
knickscity wrote:The Knicks will be OK, but I told y'all to park that matchup well nonsense. The cavs aren't chmaps because they match up well with trams like the Knicks. Lebron gets a triple double and Kyrie is a legit all star guard. And now they know how to use Love.

Knicks were never in this one, but they'll their fair share pending health. 45-47 at best.

How about we at least recognize that the whole "matchup" thing is not about the very 1st game of the season when we all know that the Knicks aren't even close to having their act together. NO ONE was trying to say that THIS current version of the team is ready to just step on the floor with a nearly completely new team and coach!

A team that hadn't even played one game with the starters!!! Hornacek didn't even get to fully install his offense. The Cavs are as good as they're ever going to be. They're 100% in synch and tested champions, so what else would we expect them to play like. That doesn't mean that the Knicks by the end of the season won't be a much better team than we saw in game one.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/26/2016  12:51 AM
Looks like golden state should also cancel their season!
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/26/2016  1:49 AM
Somehow I feel that yesterday's game accurately reflects this team's ability. No one played below their current potential, yet we still got trounced.
knickscity
USA
10/26/2016  4:12 AM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:The Knicks will be OK, but I told y'all to park that matchup well nonsense. The cavs aren't chmaps because they match up well with trams like the Knicks. Lebron gets a triple double and Kyrie is a legit all star guard. And now they know how to use Love.

How about we at least recognize that the whole "matchup" thing is not about the very 1st game of the season when we all know that the Knicks aren't even close to having their act together. NO ONE was trying to say that THIS current version of the team is ready to just step on the floor with a nearly completely new team and coach!

A team that hadn't even played one game with the starters!!! Hornacek didn't even get to fully install his offense. The Cavs are as good as they're ever going to be. They're 100% in synch and tested champions, so what else would we expect them to play like. That doesn't mean that the Knicks by the end of the season won't be a much better team than we saw in game one.

They Knicks will be better pending health, which is why I stated 45-47 is possible. But they aren't on the Cavs level, and no they don't match up well with them. Chemistry is one thing, the Knicks will get that. But they'll still be on the losing end on quite a few nights especially if the defense doesn't become at least average.
Gudris
Member: #6213

10/26/2016  7:42 AM
KP, Holiday and BAker was hot from 3 point lane, why they did stop to make those shots ?

Rose 1 assist ? wtf ? if that is Rose what he got please trade him soon

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/26/2016  9:52 AM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

Dude WTF? Rose hasn't played!!! I wasn't saying that ONLY TONIGHT matters. Can you ****ing give the team a chance to get it together??? If this is the kind of bull**** you're gonna do all year then you should just take a break from posting!!! You have ZERO perspective. You know Damned well Rose hasn't played and the team didn't get a chance to develop any chemistry. Hornacek hasn't even been able to install the entire offense. But just keep talking so we can remind you of all these stupid ass comments later.

I think he is criticizing Rose's decision making. Not his athletic ability or lack of chemistry. Decision making in traffic shows good basketball IQ, which Rose had never displayed. Practice can make the passes more crisp and the spacing better. But it won't help him make better decisions.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
10/26/2016  9:53 AM
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

They Knicks will be better pending health, which is why I stated 45-47 is possible. But they aren't on the Cavs level, and no they don't match up well with them. Chemistry is one thing, the Knicks will get that. But they'll still be on the losing end on quite a few nights especially if the defense doesn't become at least average.

The Knicks DO match up well with the Cavs but at this early stage the Cavs are at PEAK chemistry and competence and the Knicks are at the very bottom of where they need to be! When the Knicks finally learn the offense and defense and develop their chemistry, they will be MUCH more competitive with the Cavs. You could see it even in this blowout. The talent is there but the Knicks were sloppy and lacked chemistry. That's going to improve greatly over the course of the season.

nixluva
USA
10/26/2016  9:57 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

Dude WTF? Rose hasn't played!!! I wasn't saying that ONLY TONIGHT matters. Can you ****ing give the team a chance to get it together??? If this is the kind of bull**** you're gonna do all year then you should just take a break from posting!!! You have ZERO perspective. You know Damned well Rose hasn't played and the team didn't get a chance to develop any chemistry. Hornacek hasn't even been able to install the entire offense. But just keep talking so we can remind you of all these stupid ass comments later.

I think he is criticizing Rose's decision making. Not his athletic ability or lack of chemistry. Decision making in traffic shows good basketball IQ, which Rose had never displayed. Practice can make the passes more crisp and the spacing better. But it won't help him make better decisions.

While Rose will never be CP3 he most definitely can play better PG than we saw last night. I think this notion is being overstated. The guy is rusty and he needs time to learn the offense and his new teammates.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/26/2016  10:13 AM
Missed most of the game yesterday but from the time that I did watch it seems our PG play was bad. Rose and Jennings were looking for their shot. This is bad. I was really hoping that Jennings would be the reincarnation of Mark Jackson. Hopefully this is a wake up call.
reub
Member: #6227

10/26/2016  11:27 AM
We need to stay in our defensive zones better instead of everybody running after the guy with the ball so easily and leaving open men. Make them take long twos instead of open threes. Holiday, Lee, Baker and Lance should all be good perimeter defenders. Let Noah and/or KP guard the paint.
Cartman718
Member: #1694

10/26/2016  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  12:11 PM
Rose had a team high 4-5 turnovers because he was looking to set people up a little too much and of course no preseason. In the 2nd quarter when we went on a 15-2 run, he was being aggressive and looking for his shot.
3rd quarter...he tried to set people up again and i have to say the passing from the role players was horrendous last night. Telegraphed passes, easily picked off, not knowing where your teammate is supposed to be...these are all signs of a team that hasn't played together. That gelling is required for this team to reach it's potential.

Jennings....VERY VERY impatient and a lot of bad body language even in garbage time. For example, when he setup Kuz for an open shot and Kuz drove into the lane instead of taking the jumper. Kuz ended up making the shot, but since he's a good shooter, Jennings shook his head as to why he'd drive to the lane instead.

I hope Hornacek talks to Jennings about that. It's a good thing that we don't play again till Saturday, because that gives Rose a chance to get a couple of full-speed practices in.
Also...Melo's effort to run the floor was commendable...if anything, I thought KP looked a little slow.

The frantic ball movement and pace required to beat teams like Cavs and Warriors just wasn't there overall...but you cannot blame the PGs for that. Our SGs looked slowww.
I was surprised to see Justin Holiday's confidence in his shot...I was predicting more of a Jerian Grant like outcome. Me likey.

KOQ's 3s looked in rhythm just didn't fall. LT was non-existent. I have no idea why Willy saw any playing time yesterday. He looked horrible.
The spacing in the 2nd half was also horrible and a few times where players missed passing the ball to wide open teammates.

To me...it starts with Rose...not Melo, not KP...
If Rose can get to the rim and gets the green light from Hornacek to shoot, that will give slower teammates KP and Melo wide open 3s.
Jennings passing out of double teams needs to improve dramatically as well. Shimmying your shoulders in preseason against rookies dleague players on the nets is not the same as regular season. He showed 0 patience in his offense.

Rotation should be
kp
melo
lee (with a very short string)
holiday
rose

(this is a good mix of offense and defense)

bench:
noah
jennings
koq
kuz
baker

When the dust settles...I think this is where we will land. Since we run so little traditional triangle...LT I think loses his place in the rotation...he's not a great pick and pop player. We need to run PNR to death for wide open jumpers...
Not sure why we didn't see a healthy dose of Rose and KP doing that last night.

Lee looked like content on taking bad shots

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/26/2016  12:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/26/2016  12:01 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Missed most of the game yesterday but from the time that I did watch it seems our PG play was bad. Rose and Jennings were looking for their shot. This is bad. I was really hoping that Jennings would be the reincarnation of Mark Jackson. Hopefully this is a wake up call.

Once our scrubs/subs went in, it all went to ****. Barkley referred to the unit as our "glaring weakness" and suggested we bring KP off the bench so there's something useful there

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/26/2016  12:29 PM
We're trying to run too much to the point where point guards are getting there without the other players getting up the court.

Even so when guys were filling in the gaps they were not moving the ball or spacing out.

I am concerned that they looked that lost, but it did come in the 1st game the team played together. Let's see what happens next few games. Need to win this game against the Nets.

knickscity
USA
10/26/2016  6:22 PM
nixluva wrote:
knickscity wrote:
nixluva wrote:

The Knicks DO match up well with the Cavs but at this early stage the Cavs are at PEAK chemistry and competence and the Knicks are at the very bottom of where they need to be! When the Knicks finally learn the offense and defense and develop their chemistry, they will be MUCH more competitive with the Cavs. You could see it even in this blowout. The talent is there but the Knicks were sloppy and lacked chemistry. That's going to improve greatly over the course of the season.

The talent is there, but that doesn't mean they match up well. Kyrie for instance has a legit jumper and can drive and finish. Rose cannot make up that difference unless he himself is in a zone, because normally Rose doesn't have a good jumper and he doesn't finish well around the rim. Kyrie also isn't turnover prone because he has one of the best handles in the game and sets up teammates in their spots. Nobody matches up with LeBron, so that aspect really shouldn't have a debate. KP doesn't match up well with Love or any big that can stretch the floor to the three and can handle the rock. This is odd I admit since KP is of similar offensive talent. So, their top three...we don't match up well with, thus why we lost by a huge margin, and no amount of chemistry was going to change that result, perhaps the score might be closer.

Here's another point and it pertains to the other games. GS don't match up well with the Spurs at all. Doesn't mean GS is trash, because they aren't. Doesn't mean they cant beat them, sure they could. But they don't match up well. A win against them now and in the future could easily be deemed as improbably, no different than the Knicks and Cavs.

knickscity
USA
10/26/2016  6:25 PM
And btw, Courtney Lee was awful in this game. Cant put up a donut and don't defend well either. I thought Noah was somewhat Noah even though he dropped a donut as well.
knickscity
USA
10/26/2016  6:27 PM
Also the concept that it's just one game really doesn't fly to me. If they had won, that narrative certainly wouldn't be preached.
Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy