[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/25/2016  10:00 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

Dude WTF? Rose hasn't played!!! I wasn't saying that ONLY TONIGHT matters. Can you ****ing give the team a chance to get it together??? If this is the kind of bull**** you're gonna do all year then you should just take a break from posting!!! You have ZERO perspective. You know Damned well Rose hasn't played and the team didn't get a chance to develop any chemistry. Hornacek hasn't even been able to install the entire offense. But just keep talking so we can remind you of all these stupid ass comments later.

Just know that game threads are going to be an endless critique of anything three players do now instead of one.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/25/2016  10:01 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:Good news is we can only get better

Don't make assumptions. We just got gradually worse last season.

We'll be alright.

(5)(5)
Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/25/2016  10:01 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They've lots of tape to go over lol. Im pretty sure Hornacek wants to make clear that Heroball isnt the answer, especially to our PGs.
Instead . . . maybe they could try learning the Triangle.

Triangle, Triangle. Triangle Triangle.... Triangle. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Let's make even simpler. Just give Rose a one day learning session on how to pass.
You're assuming . . . that he wants to learn.
im not a big rose fan but i was impressed by his speed and driving to the hoop. However turovers passing and defense are a issue for him and those are things we need from the backcourt to be better
Don't tell me -- tell Rose.

Maybe he'll listen to you . . .

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2016  10:03 PM
Malcolm wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Malcolm wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:They've lots of tape to go over lol. Im pretty sure Hornacek wants to make clear that Heroball isnt the answer, especially to our PGs.
Instead . . . maybe they could try learning the Triangle.

Triangle, Triangle. Triangle Triangle.... Triangle. Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle, Triangle.

Let's make even simpler. Just give Rose a one day learning session on how to pass.
You're assuming . . . that he wants to learn.
im not a big rose fan but i was impressed by his speed and driving to the hoop. However turovers passing and defense are a issue for him and those are things we need from the backcourt to be better
Don't tell me -- tell Rose.

Maybe he'll listen to you . . .

doubtful .
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/25/2016  10:04 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:We have to remember this team is new and hasn't played together. They have a LOT of work to do.

no.

our one-year audition pgs are just. not. good. it's the decision making that just will not improve no matter how hard you have wanted to spin it. sorry!

Just keep talking and digging the hole deeper!!! If you think this is going to be the way this team plays all year, then you have no clue.

our backcourt of jennings and rose are on one-year contracts for a very good reason, which has been made abundantly clear tonight. why, just a few hours ago you were saying rose/irving was a wash. now what do you have to say?

Dude WTF? Rose hasn't played!!! I wasn't saying that ONLY TONIGHT matters. Can you ****ing give the team a chance to get it together??? If this is the kind of bull**** you're gonna do all year then you should just take a break from posting!!! You have ZERO perspective. You know Damned well Rose hasn't played and the team didn't get a chance to develop any chemistry. Hornacek hasn't even been able to install the entire offense. But just keep talking so we can remind you of all these stupid ass comments later.

you said rose and irving was a wash, nixluva. you can't say you didn't. now you are making excuses for rose. why? is it so hard to admit that ennings and rose suck? what did i tell you about rose's rpm all summer?

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/25/2016  10:05 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

Yep..Rose missed the entire preseason with a new team and a new coach.

Noah missed most of the preseason with a new team and a new coach.

Rose and Noah did not play together at all on their new team until tonight.

Our starting 5 has 3 new starters learning a new offense.

10 of our 15 players are new with a new coach learning a new offense.

Yet we were supposed to come out and beat the defending champion CAVS in their season opener at home after their ring ceremony. That's really fair.

The team has no chemistry yet: new players, new coach, new offensive system. Some people are so reactionary and clueless.

CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2016  10:05 PM
Chandler wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Chandler wrote:Good news is we can only get better

Don't make assumptions. We just got gradually worse last season.

We'll be alright.

Agree.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/25/2016  10:07 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  10:08 PM
And Chuck is already officially off the Knicks bandwagon claiming now they will NOT make the playoffs. SMH. At least Kenny is defending us.
CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2016  10:08 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

Yep..Rose missed the entire preseason with a new team and a new coach.

Noah missed most of the preseason with a new team and a new coach.

Rose and Noah did not play together at all on their new team until tonight.

Our starting 5 has 3 new starters learning a new offense.

10 of our 15 players are new with a new coach learning a new offense.

Yet we were supposed to come out and beat the defending champion CAVS in their season opener at home after their ring ceremony. That's really fair.

The team has no chemistry yet: new players, new coach, new offensive system. Some people are so reactionary and clueless.

This. And 2 of the 5 guys are Sasha and KOQ.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2016  10:08 PM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

you said rose and irving was a wash, nixluva. you can't say you didn't. now you are making excuses for rose. why? is it so hard to admit that ennings and rose suck? what did i tell you about rose's rpm all summer?

Keep talking!!! I'm gonna rip you a new one this year. Just keep digging the hole.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2016  10:09 PM
a few things

It's disturbing that we have played sht defense in pre season then game 1. At a minimum you can play a good style of defense

Courtney Lee is a quiet player. I'm not sure he's a great pick to start

We do NOT have good ball movement or any pg play

we don't have the Noah of 2012 he looks like a broken version of his younger self. I know he'll have his moments but he wasn't a 17 mm foundational player

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/25/2016  10:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:a few things

It's disturbing that we have played sht defense in pre season then game 1. At a minimum you can play a good style of defense

we don't have the Noah of 2012 he looks like a broken version of his younger self. I know he'll have his moments but he wasn't a 17 mm foundational player

Older Vets, especially injury prone ones, take a few months to play at whatever their peak is at this point in their career. Not saying we got the 2012 Noah, but he will be more effective after he gets his legs, and his wind back.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

10/25/2016  10:15 PM
Is it a good idea to play 2 pgs who don't shoot well or pass the ball? Rose is obviously rusty but his thought process is concerning. It's like he doesn't realize that maybe he needs to get other people involve instead of trying to take over when he hasn't played but 1 preseason game. He had the same thought process coming off of injury too. It would be nice if he actually used the talents he still has to help others.

oh well one game is one game. 20-30 games until we will have a real idea of what this team can/will be.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/25/2016  10:15 PM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

Keep talking!!! I'm gonna rip you a new one this year. Just keep digging the hole.

LOL nix you sound like you might kill someone
CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2016  10:18 PM

They said Lee had a few nagging injuries but it was another sub par night. I didn't like Lee as a net and he has had a much better career than I thought he would. Hopefully his struggles are injury related and chemistry related.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2016  10:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

Nah it's just i'm tired of the BS. I hate when people talk like they're ignorant of the situation. We all know Rose wasn't there and that Noah was just getting back on the court. We all know this is a MOSTLY new team and a new coach. It's beyond stupid to be talking in fatalistic terms after game one against the world champs. Also I made my comments about the Knicks matching up well in terms of starters not about this first game but of course over the course of the season and hopefully in the playoffs.

Just think last year this team got to 22-22 and was getting better until Melo tripped on the ref and some other injuries happened. This team is MUCH more talented than that team. They have time to practice and get things worked out and then they have a ton of games to gain some chemistry on both ends and for Hornacek to get a better feel for his team. These are not scrubs.

CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2016  10:33 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:

no.

Nah it's just i'm tired of the BS. I hate when people talk like they're ignorant of the situation. We all know Rose wasn't there and that Noah was just getting back on the court. We all know this is a MOSTLY new team and a new coach. It's beyond stupid to be talking in fatalistic terms after game one against the world champs. Also I made my comments about the Knicks matching up well in terms of starters not about this first game but of course over the course of the season and hopefully in the playoffs.

Just think last year this team got to 22-22 and was getting better until Melo tripped on the ref and some other injuries happened. This team is MUCH more talented than that team. They have time to practice and get things worked out and then they have a ton of games to gain some chemistry on both ends and for Hornacek to get a better feel for his team. These are not scrubs.

Roster and coaching upgrades should help with improvement. The Knicks played the champs tonight. They will get better.
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/25/2016  10:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  11:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

They said Lee had a few nagging injuries but it was another sub par night. I didn't like Lee as a net and he has had a much better career than I thought he would. Hopefully his struggles are injury related and chemistry related.

Lee's my number 1 concern once again. I heard about Noah's minor injuries but didn't know Lee had some as well. Maybe that's part of it but fact remains he was an invisible man for most of the preseason, then had the two good games in a row where you're thinking OK, here we go, but then he pulls the disappearing act tonight again. I honestly think it's nerves playing for the Knicks, a new team. Crazy because he's a vet who's been around for awhile and is one of the last ones out there you'd think would experience that but all the signs of nervousness are there -- gun shy to a fault, indecisiveness, very sloppy with the ball (way too many turnovers for a guard who's not the primary ball-handler), and minimal to no defensive impact at all. It's very surprising. He got the ball a few times tonight at the arc but turned down the shots. Those are good looks--he's gotta take those. I'd much rather see Lee take open 3s than watch Jennings do what he does. Couldn't understand that--WTF, Court, let it fly man. That's one of if not his best skill, shooting 3s. Good sign is he did manage to turn it around and play well against both the Celts and Nets to close out the preseason. Let's hope he can shed that NY anxiety and turn it around. We don't need him to be a 20 ppg all-star but we do need him to be aggressive and contribute double figures every game.

Overall, very disappointing game 1 but I think we'll be alright. There's just too much talent here to get blown out the way we did. Way too much offensive talent to only put up 88 points--not even like the Cavs played unbelievable defense -- we shot our own selves in the foot time after time out there with piss poor execution. It'll come...Gotta tighten up defensively and execute much better on offense. Melo's gotta get his ISO offense--that just what he does and you know what--he's effective with it so no problems with it--but then where was the rest? Where was all the good pick and role action we saw the last couple of games in the preseason?? We need to run A TON of P&R imo. Guys are familiar with it, it's high percentage (I think it leads to good shot attempts and numerous FT attempts), and we have the personnel to be highly effective with it. I don't know what we were doing tonight--guys were completely off their game. Can't wait to get the Cavs again when we got the kinks ironed out.

CrushAlot
USA
10/25/2016  10:46 PM
Finestrg wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Lee's my number 1 concern once again. I heard about Noah's minor injuries but didn't know Lee had some as well. Maybe that's part of it but fact remains he was an invisible man for most of the preseason, then had the two good games in a row where you're thinking OK, here we go, but then he pulls the disappearing act tonight again. I honestly think it's nerves playing for the Knicks, a new team. Crazy because he's a vet who's been around for awhile and is one of the last ones out there you'd think would experience that but all the signs of nervousness are there -- gun shy to a fault, indecisiveness, very sloppy with the ball (way too many turnovers for a guard who's not the primary ball-handler), and minimal to no defensive impact at all. It's very surprising. He got the ball a few times tonight at the arc but turned down the shots. Those are good looks--he's gotta take those. I'd much rather see Lee take open 3s than watch Jennings do what he does. Couldn't understand that--WTF, Court, let it fly man. That's one of if not his best skill, shooting 3s. Good sign is he did manage to turn it around and play well against both the Celts and Nets to close out the preseason. Let's hope he can shed that NY anxiety and turn it around. We don't need him to be a 20 ppg all-star but we do need him to be aggressive and contribute double figures every game.

Hopefully it was a bad night. I don't think he made a shot.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2016  10:47 PM
I turned it off in the 3rd for the World Series - thank God
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy