[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/24/2016  9:11 PM
Play 10-11 guys--have high confidence play good D share the ball take good shots and keep a running lead.
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  9:15 PM
I would, too.

Melo has a solid history against Lebron. KP owned KLove last year. Noah and Rose have a lot of history with Bron, too. Knicks are 5-0 in openers with Melo, and I feel like Lebron has a history of slow starts. We shall see, but I would love to get a W.

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
10/24/2016  9:22 PM
wouldn't we all, but we blew out the bucks in game 1 of last season and that turned out to be the best win of the season. I would like a nice 7-3 start
ES
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  10:20 PM
knicks1248 wrote:wouldn't we all, but we blew out the bucks in game 1 of last season and that turned out to be the best win of the season. I would like a nice 7-3 start

The Bucks game was the best win of the season?!!?!? No way!

Celtics win in the Garden - only issue was that was when Melo tripped on a ref and our season basically ended.

Other favorite win was KP going for 24pts 14rebs 7blocks in Houston and blocking Harden multiple times in the 4th quarter.

¿ △ ?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

10/25/2016  7:51 AM
To me it's about the entire season.
Yes would love to see a W.

But we have began each of the last two years with nice wins on opening night.

What we need is this team to respond to Hornachek, to play hard and play as a team on both ends. We need Hornachek to run a good rotation and be consistent with his strategic plans for the season.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  8:01 AM
I think we get spanked... we just aren't ready, but I would be happy if we forced Cle to win it in the last 2 mins. Doesn't change my excitement about the team and the season. I think we have a good year.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2016  9:28 AM
Chalk up a win tonight. Melo going off on LeDouche.
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/25/2016  9:59 AM
I would like the Knicks to go 82-0 and win the championship.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/25/2016  10:05 AM
Today's game is going to me a real test. The Knicks need to come out on a mission. Melo is too nice and is always laughing and joking with opponents. This team needs to come out with an edge and a determination that they are going to destroy all opponents. Not beat them, destroy them. I would like to see the Knicks beat Cleveland by 10 points. Cleveland is going to be on a high and probably will not be as focused. It is the perfect chance to stomp on them and show the league that our team is for real.
Trust the Process
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
10/25/2016  10:26 AM
TheGame wrote:Today's game is going to me a real test. The Knicks need to come out on a mission. Melo is too nice and is always laughing and joking with opponents. This team needs to come out with an edge and a determination that they are going to destroy all opponents. Not beat them, destroy them. I would like to see the Knicks beat Cleveland by 10 points. Cleveland is going to be on a high and probably will not be as focused. It is the perfect chance to stomp on them and show the league that our team is for real.

The first game is not a test. The test comes later in the year. In the beginning you want the the team to come together and build a solid foundation. Once the foundation has been established then the team should be able to handle tough opponents and beat them regularly. You guys recall the first year of Fisher they beat Cleveland and then it was tank city. I don't want to put to much importance into the first 10-15 games you want solid play see good defense and execution on the offense. They rest will take care of itself if the Knicks display these attributes.

The fact that Rose missed the entire preseason and Noah practically the same. Your not gonna get the full picture of the team yet. If they beat the Cavs it's mostly going to be an aberration. Let's not put to much into this first game. It going to be a build up where end result will be winning on a more consistent basis based on established fundamentals.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

10/25/2016  10:58 AM
While a W would be sweet, I'm just hoping for a competitive game with max effort. That would be a satisfying start to the season.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/25/2016  11:33 AM
Vmart wrote:
TheGame wrote:Today's game is going to me a real test. The Knicks need to come out on a mission. Melo is too nice and is always laughing and joking with opponents. This team needs to come out with an edge and a determination that they are going to destroy all opponents. Not beat them, destroy them. I would like to see the Knicks beat Cleveland by 10 points. Cleveland is going to be on a high and probably will not be as focused. It is the perfect chance to stomp on them and show the league that our team is for real.

The first game is not a test. The test comes later in the year. In the beginning you want the the team to come together and build a solid foundation. Once the foundation has been established then the team should be able to handle tough opponents and beat them regularly. You guys recall the first year of Fisher they beat Cleveland and then it was tank city. I don't want to put to much importance into the first 10-15 games you want solid play see good defense and execution on the offense. They rest will take care of itself if the Knicks display these attributes.

The fact that Rose missed the entire preseason and Noah practically the same. Your not gonna get the full picture of the team yet. If they beat the Cavs it's mostly going to be an aberration. Let's not put to much into this first game. It going to be a build up where end result will be winning on a more consistent basis based on established fundamentals.

While I understand your point, I tend to disagree. I know the team will get better as the year goes forward. But my concern is the mentality. IMO, it don't matter who was not here during the preseason. Does not matter how much time we played together. The team's mentality has to be we are the best and we are coming to take what's ours. Thus, I will be looking to see what kind of attitude the team brings to the game tonight. Are the guys focused and determined. That may not translate into them winning tonight (even though I think they can), but what type of attitude do they bring to the table. The level of determination and focus has to go way up than what it has been in the past.

Trust the Process
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/25/2016  11:45 AM
Vmart wrote:I would like the Knicks to go 82-0 and win the championship.

Hear! Hear!

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/25/2016  11:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2016  11:59 AM
One regular season game never MEANS anything.

Not even the first one.

Biggest unicorn in sports - the regular season litmus test/statement game.

It's a myth.

Last year beat Bucks by 25 on the road.

Two years ago beat Cleveland on the road in game 2.

Neither meant a thing.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

10/25/2016  12:01 PM

Melo always plays LeBron tough...remember last year's first meeting...

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2016  12:28 PM
I would like to see ball movement, players hitting their open shots consistently, and max effort on defense.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2016  1:23 PM
I would love a win but settle for a close game. Just want to see the team give Max effort and play as a team. The Knicks are not going to be at top chemistry this early even if they play a good game. This is a mostly new roster and they haven't been whole all preseason. That is going to have an impact early on even if the team can win games we won't know exactly what this team is gonna be for a few weeks from now.

I'm just glad the season is ready to start and we get a look at this new group against the ultimate test, which is the NBA champions.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2016  1:53 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Vmart wrote:I would like the Knicks to go 82-0 and win the championship.

Hear! Hear!

+1 A TRILLION TO THE BAZILLIONTH POWER CHUCKBUCKS!!!!
You forgot 16-0 through the playoffs and Finals!

CAN I GET A WITNESS???????????

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  1:54 PM
Knickoftime wrote:One regular season game never MEANS anything.

Not even the first one.

Biggest unicorn in sports - the regular season litmus test/statement game.

It's a myth.

Last year beat Bucks by 25 on the road.

Two years ago beat Cleveland on the road in game 2.

Neither meant a thing.

totally disagree man... every game means something. You just need context. Last year was a big win and it certainly meant a little more than that as we saw how bad Monroe was and how he made Lopez look like a star. 6-4 looks a lot better than 4-6 and every game you find a way to win means something. I hear you that it doesn't make sense to go too crazy over ANY game, but the real deal starts now and this is very important for the Knicks who are trying to find an identity. I think its important to compete and a win would be a huge confidence builder and take just a little pressure off everyone. If the Knicks lose 4 of the first 5 how long before guys start pressing and get tight? It all matters... there is always a bigger picture, context, perspective but this game means something. More to the Knicks than the Cavs I would say. Its ok to see how they come out and make some early observations.

Few things build chemistry faster than a few wins to start the season. Fingers crossed

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/25/2016  1:55 PM
Oh, and I want to win tonight by 60 points.
And after the game, I want KP to jump up into the rafters, pull down the Cavs banner, and use it to wipe his azz.
Id really like the Knicks to go in and get a W TONIGHT (8pm TNT)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy