Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
12/17/2016  12:06 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To be honest, if someone wrote about my sister like that, I'd be hacked off too. I think journalists can play a very passive-aggressive game, whereby they can be as obnoxious as they like in articles, but when they're called out on it, they act like they're the most sensitive people on earth and then they suddenly make out that they are these heroic soldiers of virtue who are simply trying to uphold democracy. Journalists can be heroic and honest, but most of the time , most of them are actually being lazy and damaging peoples lives just to get people to read their crap (as this article is an example!). I don't have a problem with what he did- those sac town journalist can't have it both ways, why are they allowed to tear into him in their articles, but he's not allowed to react to that or tear into them?

He didn't write about his sister he referenced his brother getting arrested in May in a bar fight that Cousins was also present for. I am not a fan of writer's spinning what the night was like in the club etc. but making the connection that two assaults have occurred in bars in the last 6 months where Cousins has been present and by some accounts involved isn't out of bounds in my opinion. This is the reference,
For Cousins, this is his second late-night outing on the club circuit this year that ended badly. In May, TMZ caught him at The DrYnk in Tampa with his younger brother, Jaleel. The celebrity gossip website reported that he and his brother were trying to get into the club’s DJ area when a confrontation broke out. Jaleel wound up getting shocked with a Taser and arrested while friends hustled DeMarcus out of the place.

Now, along with The DrYnk, Cousins will always have the Avenue.

Maybe he, and Barnes, should find better places to hang out.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html

I know, I don't have a brother though, I was basically saying how would you feel if a journalist started writing about your brother or sister? Cousins has a platform to defend himself, his brother does not. What does it have to do with basketball anyways? If the journalist is allowed to write about it, Cousins is allowed to get mad about it.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
12/17/2016  12:07 PM
Amick has an article out and says the nba was aware of the incident with the reporter prior to it becoming public. He expects Cousins to be punished.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/columnist/2016/12/17/demarcus-cousins-hot-water-again-columnist-profane-tirade-sacramento-kings/95551560/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2016  8:24 PM
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

To be honest, if someone wrote about my sister like that, I'd be hacked off too. I think journalists can play a very passive-aggressive game, whereby they can be as obnoxious as they like in articles, but when they're called out on it, they act like they're the most sensitive people on earth and then they suddenly make out that they are these heroic soldiers of virtue who are simply trying to uphold democracy. Journalists can be heroic and honest, but most of the time , most of them are actually being lazy and damaging peoples lives just to get people to read their crap (as this article is an example!). I don't have a problem with what he did- those sac town journalist can't have it both ways, why are they allowed to tear into him in their articles, but he's not allowed to react to that or tear into them?

He didn't write about his sister he referenced his brother getting arrested in May in a bar fight that Cousins was also present for. I am not a fan of writer's spinning what the night was like in the club etc. but making the connection that two assaults have occurred in bars in the last 6 months where Cousins has been present and by some accounts involved isn't out of bounds in my opinion. This is the reference,
For Cousins, this is his second late-night outing on the club circuit this year that ended badly. In May, TMZ caught him at The DrYnk in Tampa with his younger brother, Jaleel. The celebrity gossip website reported that he and his brother were trying to get into the club’s DJ area when a confrontation broke out. Jaleel wound up getting shocked with a Taser and arrested while friends hustled DeMarcus out of the place.

Now, along with The DrYnk, Cousins will always have the Avenue.

Maybe he, and Barnes, should find better places to hang out.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/andy-furillo/article120107843.html

I know, I don't have a brother though, I was basically saying how would you feel if a journalist started writing about your brother or sister? Cousins has a platform to defend himself, his brother does not. What does it have to do with basketball anyways? If the journalist is allowed to write about it, Cousins is allowed to get mad about it.

Oops. I didn't catch that. I still think he was in the wrong in that situation.
CrushAlot
USA
12/17/2016  8:30 PM
CrushAlot
USA
12/18/2016  12:10 PM
It sounds like Piston teammates are getting really frustrated with Reggie Jackson.
http://pistonpowered.com/2016/12/18/detroit-pistons-reach-boiling-point/
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/19/2016  10:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 12/19/2016  10:44 PM
Didn't Bazemore sign a big contract in the offseason..Wow..How scary is it giving these guys big money...Along with that Crabbe kid..
CrushAlot
USA
12/19/2016  10:39 PM
Crabbe got 75 mil and they signed Evan Turner.
CrushAlot
USA
12/19/2016  11:24 PM
http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/12/19/14005226/eastern-conference-power-rankings-cavaliers-remain-top-dogs-bucks-rising
More Knick hate. This guy has the Bulls 3 spots ahead of the Knicks during a stretch when the bulls have gone 3-10, lost after giving up a 21 pt lead to the Wolves, have Wade unable to make a three and Rondo not playing well on the court and getting suspended for a game for arguing with an assistant coach. And then there is the Mirotic drama and benching. Just a really crappy article. They also have to have one of the worst offenses in the league currently.
holfresh
Member: #1081

12/19/2016  11:48 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Crabbe got 75 mil and they signed Evan Turner.

THardawayJr. Is averaging more points per than Bazemore, Crabbe, and Turner..

smackeddog
12/20/2016  3:40 AM
The NBA's new collective bargaining agreement will be more restrictive in regards to non-guaranteed salary.

Players with non/partially-guaranteed contracts have been viewed as trade assets as they can acquire and then waive them as a method to eliminate unwanted salary.

Players signed to deals under the new agreement will have only their guaranteed amounts count toward salary matching.

For example, the Cleveland Cavaliers traded Brendan Haywood's non-guaranteed contract to the Portland Trail Blazers in 2015 for a $10.5 million trade exception.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/244322/Only-Guaranteed-Salary-Will-Count-Towards-Trade-Matching

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
12/20/2016  11:01 AM
CrushAlot wrote:http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/12/19/14005226/eastern-conference-power-rankings-cavaliers-remain-top-dogs-bucks-rising
More Knick hate. This guy has the Bulls 3 spots ahead of the Knicks during a stretch when the bulls have gone 3-10, lost after giving up a 21 pt lead to the Wolves, have Wade unable to make a three and Rondo not playing well on the court and getting suspended for a game for arguing with an assistant coach. And then there is the Mirotic drama and benching. Just a really crappy article. They also have to have one of the worst offenses in the league currently.

Its a blog. One mans opinion. A Cav's blog. Dude wants to hate on knicks. ATL will be back. Milwaukee on paper should be where they are. Bulls are way too inconsistent.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

12/20/2016  4:27 PM
holfresh wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:Crabbe got 75 mil and they signed Evan Turner.

THardawayJr. Is averaging more points per than Bazemore, Crabbe, and Turner..

And more than C-Lee. THJ 11.7 vs 10.1 but C-Lee shooting significantly better and defending better but COST delta is significant in favor of THJ (at least this year).

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
12/21/2016  1:14 AM    LAST EDITED: 12/21/2016  1:16 AM
Boogie Cousins tonight - 55pts, 13rebs, 5 3s, 3blocks...

Crazy moment with 30 seconds left tie game, Boogie goes in for a layup to give the Kings the lead, he gets fouled, makes the basket... and picks up a tech (his second) which gets him ejected... the refs, realizing it's his second, TAKE BACK the tech, let him shoot the free throw... then he goes down the other end and blocks Dame Lillard's jumper in the lane.

Ultimate Boogie Cousins game.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
12/21/2016  8:50 AM
How smooth are the spurs to sign David Lee, age 33 for 2million, play him 17 minutes avg. 6.5 pts per and 5.2 rebounds!
Kind of quality signing that propels good teams to keep going. He knows he can't go starter minutes but the former double double machine and all star still has the veteran poise to give a team what they need. Smart passer and clutch rebounder!!! With limited role, perhaps he can focus a bit more on Defense as he has fouls to burn now and does not have to be on the court 30plus minutes!
Nalod
USA
12/21/2016  12:09 PM
Revenge of Hinkie!

Embiid is really good!!!!! If he is beyond his foot problems this kid is a monster!

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/21/2016  1:27 PM
crzymdups wrote:Boogie Cousins tonight - 55pts, 13rebs, 5 3s, 3blocks...

Crazy moment with 30 seconds left tie game, Boogie goes in for a layup to give the Kings the lead, he gets fouled, makes the basket... and picks up a tech (his second) which gets him ejected... the refs, realizing it's his second, TAKE BACK the tech, let him shoot the free throw... then he goes down the other end and blocks Dame Lillard's jumper in the lane.

Ultimate Boogie Cousins game.

Spit out the mouthpiece around the 45S mark

The way he continued to glare at the Blazers on the bench after he did it instead of immediately retrieving his mouthpiece tells it was intentional.

The fact that he committed an offensive foul with his elbow on a defender who was backing up and trying not to foul is another thing.

Cousins is like the Donald Trump of the NBA...and refs seem to let him get away with a lot of crap in terms of contact and whining.

Guy has a great deal of talent, but he is an idiot...not much more to say about him.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
12/21/2016  1:37 PM
Nalod wrote:Revenge of Hinkie!

Embiid is really good!!!!! If he is beyond his foot problems this kid is a monster!

Hinksey still did a bad job overall- they have no backcourt and are overloaded at C, meaning they will likely not get max value when they trade 1 or 2 of them. He's not the genius he makes himself out to be at all.

Nalod
USA
12/21/2016  2:54 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Hinksey still did a bad job overall- they have no backcourt and are overloaded at C, meaning they will likely not get max value when they trade 1 or 2 of them. He's not the genius he makes himself out to be at all.

I didn't say the guy constructed a balanced roster. I said Embiid is really good!!!
What his revenge could be is just some redemption regarding his bigs.
The record speaks for itself, so no need to argue with me what is obvous: Sixers are not very good!

smackeddog
12/21/2016  3:21 PM
Nalod wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I didn't say the guy constructed a balanced roster. I said Embiid is really good!!!
What his revenge could be is just some redemption regarding his bigs.
The record speaks for itself, so no need to argue with me what is obvous: Sixers are not very good!

My post wasn't directed at you, it was more at all the folk saying that it shows Hinkie was right. I completely agree with you-Embiid has been amazing so far in so few mins- really surprising when you think of all those stories a year ago saying he was lazy, out of shape etc

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

12/21/2016  3:34 PM
smackeddog wrote:

"if he is beyond his foot problems"... You have to see him play a full season without injury. They have given him a lot of time off, so far- he's only played 19 of the 28 games Philly has played, and about 24MPG.

He clearly has talent... he's even hit some 3s this year.

Don't think you can keep both him and OK4 on the same team, not alone the same lineup, but we will see.

And yeah...they have no guards, although you figure they want Simmons in a point-forward role when he gets back, so they might be able to get away with guards who can simply defend and hit Js.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy