Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season
Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
4/8/2017  11:47 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ben Simmons has grown another 2 inches, just under 7ft tall. Yikes!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ben-simmons-reportedly-grown-another-two-inches-7-feet-tall-175808592.html

It seems like Ben Simmons grew about another two inches since he’s been here. I told him that the other day, I said, ‘Ben, you look like you’ve grown another two inches since you’ve been here.’ His arms are long, he’s lean, he’s in shape. When I watched him in practice — just in practice — he’s like a baby Magic Johnson. He’s practiced with LeBron — he worked out with LeBron — so LeBron’s probably going to beat him up and make him strong.
Now, that alone didn’t mean Simmons grew from his pre-draft height of 6-foot-10 to 7 feet. It just meant he looked two inches taller to World B. Free. Then, Johnson confirmed World B. Free’s suspicion:

For some reason I think Ntilikina and Isaac are going to have growth spurts. However, in all honesty I think more 1 and dones and young international players have growth spurts than we hear about.

Yeah, adult men usually don't stop growing til about 20/21/22. You have to think some of these guys will have late growth spurts.

That said, I can't see Simmons working as a 7'0" PG...

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

4/9/2017  12:05 PM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Ben Simmons has grown another 2 inches, just under 7ft tall. Yikes!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ben-simmons-reportedly-grown-another-two-inches-7-feet-tall-175808592.html

It seems like Ben Simmons grew about another two inches since he’s been here. I told him that the other day, I said, ‘Ben, you look like you’ve grown another two inches since you’ve been here.’ His arms are long, he’s lean, he’s in shape. When I watched him in practice — just in practice — he’s like a baby Magic Johnson. He’s practiced with LeBron — he worked out with LeBron — so LeBron’s probably going to beat him up and make him strong.
Now, that alone didn’t mean Simmons grew from his pre-draft height of 6-foot-10 to 7 feet. It just meant he looked two inches taller to World B. Free. Then, Johnson confirmed World B. Free’s suspicion:

For some reason I think Ntilikina and Isaac are going to have growth spurts. However, in all honesty I think more 1 and dones and young international players have growth spurts than we hear about.

Yeah, adult men usually don't stop growing til about 20/21/22. You have to think some of these guys will have late growth spurts.

When he came out I compared him to be closer to Giannis than LeBron and that's who I still think he will be like offensively. Giannis is nearly 6'11 and works well as a distributor so it's possible.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

4/9/2017  12:06 PM
crzymdups wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:

Isaacs already had a growth spurt in HS. Was a guard in HS and now plays along the front line. Have to love the potential of big men who learn the game as guards. Anthony Davis and Pippen started out as guards and both are/were great all around players. Because of this, Isaacs is very intriguing...

holfresh
Member: #1081

4/10/2017  6:53 PM
There is talk that Ben Simmons added two inches..He is now 6'11"..
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2017  5:33 AM
holfresh wrote:There is talk that Ben Simmons added two inches..He is now 6'11"..

The Sixers coach shot down that rumor- it came from an article, but the coach said it was BS

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

4/11/2017  12:57 PM
smackeddog wrote:
holfresh wrote:There is talk that Ben Simmons added two inches..He is now 6'11"..

The Sixers coach shot down that rumor- it came from an article, but the coach said it was BS

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ben-simmons-has-reportedly-grown-two-inches-76ers-brown-says-no-he-did-not/

Article talks about him playing PG...not a point forward. Can he really be a PG...including guarding the position?

If they really want to do this, Monk would be the obvious pick for them. Let Simmons guard the opposition SG, and have Monk defend.

I just wonder about whether he is able to defend at the 1&2...but we will see. I think he ends up being a point 3.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
smackeddog
Member: #883
4/11/2017  1:57 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/ben-simmons-has-reportedly-grown-two-inches-76ers-brown-says-no-he-did-not/

Article talks about him playing PG...not a point forward. Can he really be a PG...including guarding the position?

If they really want to do this, Monk would be the obvious pick for them. Let Simmons guard the opposition SG, and have Monk defend.

I just wonder about whether he is able to defend at the 1&2...but we will see. I think he ends up being a point 3.

http://clutchpoints.com/brett-brown-says-ben-simmons-not-grow-two-inches/

WaltLongmire

4/11/2017  2:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 4/11/2017  2:12 PM
Westbrook, Gibson, Roberson out of lineup vs T-Wolves tonight...and Minny is at home.

Kings play the Suns...

If Minny and the Kings BOTH lose tonight...the basketball gods are surely against us, and there is no hope.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Uptown

4/11/2017  7:47 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Westbrook, Gibson, Roberson out of lineup vs T-Wolves tonight...and Minny is at home.

Kings play the Suns...

If Minny and the Kings BOTH lose tonight...the basketball gods are surely against us, and there is no hope.

This...I thought the gods had it in for us when D'Angelo hit that 3 at the buzzer. T-Wolves should win, but Suns have been playing better ball...

Uptown

4/11/2017  8:29 PM
Watching the TWolves game and my god!!! They do not play a very smart brand of basketball at all Other than Towns, its One bad shot after another
Uptown

4/11/2017  8:42 PM
Its official, we are bb gods are against us...BTW, TWolves Defense is pathetic
WaltLongmire

4/11/2017  9:00 PM
Uptown wrote:Its official, we are bb gods are against us...BTW, TWolves Defense is pathetic

They might be farther behind as a legitimate team than we think, despite their very young "big three."

Big issue seems to be their D. If you look at their individual players, they simply should not be as poor on D as they have shown us this year.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
4/11/2017  10:26 PM
Uptown wrote:Watching the TWolves game and my god!!! They do not play a very smart brand of basketball at all Other than Towns, its One bad shot after another

They are incapable of winning a close game.

WaltLongmire

4/11/2017  10:26 PM
I could not watch the game...but OKC beat the T-Wolves without F'n Westbrook and 2 others.

Un...Fuken...real.

We cannot catch a break, and it looks like Minny was trying.

Uptown

4/11/2017  10:28 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Uptown wrote:Its official, we are bb gods are against us...BTW, TWolves Defense is pathetic

They might be farther behind as a legitimate team than we think, despite their very young "big three."

Big issue seems to be their D. If you look at their individual players, they simply should not be as poor on D as they have shown us this year.

Thibbs is/was a Defensive guru and the team struggles to guard. Not only that, but their offensive sets are pathetic....Down screen, into one on one...SMH

WaltLongmire

4/11/2017  10:38 PM
Uptown wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

Thibbs is/was a Defensive guru and the team struggles to guard. Not only that, but their offensive sets are pathetic....Down screen, into one on one...SMH

If Minny was tanking...this would not be as bad, but they seem to want to win.

I wonder if one of Wiggins or LaVine are gone next year...Something wrong with their chemistry.

Thibbs has his job cut out for him.

Minny plays Rockets tomorrow...wonder if they keep Harden and others out...sure hope so.

WaltLongmire

4/12/2017  1:00 AM
Looks like Kings are going to win...Means we are guaranteed 6 or 7 prior to balls being picked.

TWolves with Houston tomorrow...

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
4/12/2017  5:09 AM
WaltLongmire wrote:Looks like Kings are going to win...Means we are guaranteed 6 or 7 prior to balls being picked.

Fantastic news about the Kings!

The TWolves have lost a couple heartbreakers the past few games... but the Rockets are locked into their playoffs position and may rest Harden tomorrow. Here's hoping.

¿ △ ?
WaltLongmire

4/12/2017  9:26 AM
crzymdups wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Looks like Kings are going to win...Means we are guaranteed 6 or 7 prior to balls being picked.

Fantastic news about the Kings!

The TWolves have lost a couple heartbreakers the past few games... but the Rockets are locked into their playoffs position and may rest Harden tomorrow. Here's hoping.

My thought exactly...but I was hoping for the same thing to happen with OKC- and it did- but they still couldn't win.

Frustrating.

I expect that after tonight our initial position will be determined by a coin flip between the Knicks and Minny.

magicTs
Member: #5564

4/12/2017  10:55 PM
So Heat goes 10-2 vs Golden State, Houston, Cleveland & Washington. But lose 3 times to the Magic, twice to the Knicks and also to the 76ers. LOL.
Official other 29 team NBA thread not related to Knicks 2016-17 season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy