dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:I dont know about extortion. Both parties look stupid IMO

As someone who knew Ms. Los Rios told me recently.

“It was either going to be Derrick or someone else. This was her way of getting out of the bind she was in. Derrick just had the most money and treated her pretty crappy, so she figured he would settle for a couple of million, which is pennies for him.”

hopefully Rose learns from his mistakes. Im happy this mess is over

due to his stupid behavior he missed the entire preseason with the knicks so this has hurt the knicks, who really have no room for error since they're two weeks behind everyone else and are projected to win around 40 games.

im happy we have jennings. I wanted him to start from day 1 anyway

i am not a fan of ennings. all his "swag" histrionics are basically fronting because the guy knows he isn't a very good nba player. his minutes should be appropriated by baker sooner or later.

We have no idea what kind of player Baker is going to be when the games count for real. I'm not a fan of Jennings as a starter, but I love him coming off the bench. I think he's perfect in that role right now. Huge spark plug who can get the team and the crowd going. Like John Starks, you may never know what you're going to get out of him from game to game but the dude can play.

People forget, as a rookie he pretty much lead the Bucks from 34-48 to 46-36 and playoffs while dropping 55 in the 7th game of his career. I know that was a while ago, but that's the type of talent he can be and he looks physically healthy to me.

the only role ennings should have is as insurance for rose if/when rose gets injured. he's basically a schoolyard player and he can't shoot for shyt. also, ennings can't run the triangle so baker should be running the triangle with the second unit since it seems like we will never see it run properly with melo and rose out there.

Question, do you think Steph Curry is a "schoolyard" player?

he backs up his swag with game, including being a fantastic ball sharer and perhaps the greatest shooter of all time. his ts% is likely close to 60% or higher, while ennings is not doubt below 50%.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/24/2016  9:06 AM
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

“It was either going to be Derrick or someone else. This was her way of getting out of the bind she was in. Derrick just had the most money and treated her pretty crappy, so she figured he would settle for a couple of million, which is pennies for him.”

due to his stupid behavior he missed the entire preseason with the knicks so this has hurt the knicks, who really have no room for error since they're two weeks behind everyone else and are projected to win around 40 games.

So the entire team is two weeks behind every other team in the league. Check. Were there any positives from Rose being out for 2 weeks? Like the emergence of ennings and your new favorite poster boy Baker?

Along with the fact that 'we' were spared two weeks of your normal love/hate histrionics over what would possibly have been Rose's "inabilities" to run the triangle?

Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/24/2016  9:13 AM
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

i am not a fan of ennings. all his "swag" histrionics are basically fronting because the guy knows he isn't a very good nba player. his minutes should be appropriated by baker sooner or later.

We have no idea what kind of player Baker is going to be when the games count for real. I'm not a fan of Jennings as a starter, but I love him coming off the bench. I think he's perfect in that role right now. Huge spark plug who can get the team and the crowd going. Like John Starks, you may never know what you're going to get out of him from game to game but the dude can play.

People forget, as a rookie he pretty much lead the Bucks from 34-48 to 46-36 and playoffs while dropping 55 in the 7th game of his career. I know that was a while ago, but that's the type of talent he can be and he looks physically healthy to me.

the only role ennings should have is as insurance for rose if/when rose gets injured. he's basically a schoolyard player and he can't shoot for shyt. also, ennings can't run the triangle so baker should be running the triangle with the second unit since it seems like we will never see it run properly with melo and rose out there.

he backs up his swag with game, including being a fantastic ball sharer and perhaps the greatest shooter of all time. his ts% is likely close to 60% or higher, while ennings is not doubt below 50%.

Not what I asked you, is he a "school yard" player? Yes or no?
dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/24/2016  9:41 AM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Welpee

10/24/2016  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  12:28 PM
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no.

Now you're not being honest. If Jennings game is considered "school yard," Steph's game is actually more "school yard." Just because he's a much better player and more effective than Jennings doesn't mean his style isn't "school yard" (as you call it). And for the record I don't consider either as "school yard" "street" or whatever tag you want to put on it.
dk7th
USA
10/24/2016  4:23 PM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no.

Now you're not being honest. If Jennings game is considered "school yard," Steph's game is actually more "school yard." Just because he's a much better player and more effective than Jennings doesn't mean his style isn't "school yard" (as you call it). And for the record I don't consider either as "school yard" "street" or whatever tag you want to put on it.

i was being honest. curry and his brother were taught the game by dell curry. they play the game the right way because dell curry played the game the right way. dell was a four-year player and his lengthy nba career is testament to his skills. seth played four years of college, steph played three years of college. so while i am sure steph curry can play it straight, street, and everything in between... i can't say the same thing about ennings, who refused to go to college and ended up in china somewhere.

there's a reason why certain players cannot seem to stick with teams, and ennings is already demonstrating why.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  5:46 PM
Funny to think about - I wonder how much a factor this civil trial was in the Bulls trading Rose... had to at least be part of it? Now it sounds like it was completely bogus. Remember people made fun of Phil for not looking into it enough? I think the Daily News writers were all over Phil for that.
¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2016  6:30 PM
crzymdups wrote:Funny to think about - I wonder how much a factor this civil trial was in the Bulls trading Rose... had to at least be part of it? Now it sounds like it was completely bogus. Remember people made fun of Phil for not looking into it enough? I think the Daily News writers were all over Phil for that.

I don't think it had anything to with the suit, the bulls wanted butler more, they kind of grew tired of the injuries, and the slow process to regain full form, and rather than lose him for nothing, made the trade.

The suit didn't get any attention, because it was file 2 yrs after the incident, without a single criminal complaint to any local authorities..

ES
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2016  6:33 PM
crzymdups wrote:Funny to think about - I wonder how much a factor this civil trial was in the Bulls trading Rose... had to at least be part of it? Now it sounds like it was completely bogus. Remember people made fun of Phil for not looking into it enough? I think the Daily News writers were all over Phil for that.

I agree about the Daily News writers. But their court reporter, Nancy Dillon did a great job reporting on what was going on in court.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

10/24/2016  6:41 PM
they traded rose because he was constantly injured and probably wouldnt be close to the mvp player he was anyway. I look at the trade as clearing cap space for the future. Most know i was a fan of jerian grant so i wasnt too happy he was let go.
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/24/2016  7:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  7:18 PM

Stupid is saying that falsely accusing someone of Rape, just to profit, is the same as someone sleeping with a "bootie call"

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

10/24/2016  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  7:21 PM
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because defending oneself from Rape accusations is less important than meaningless pre season basketball games? Just Genius.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
StarksEwing1

10/24/2016  7:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  7:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

Stupid is saying that falsely accusing someone of Rape, just to profit, is the same as someone sleeping with a "bootie call"

No need to call me stupid for having a different opinion. You're very loyal to rose and that's fine but personally I'm tired of this whole story. I'm excited to see Porzingis grow into a all star this year and for the team to have a positive step this year
HofstraBBall

10/24/2016  7:39 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

No need to call me stupid for having a different opinion. You're very loyal to rose and that's fine but personally I'm tired of this whole story. I'm excited to see Porzingis grow into a all star this year and for the team to have a positive step this year

Agree about things to be excited for. And didn't call you stupid but rather your comparison.

StarksEwing1

10/24/2016  7:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Agree about things to be excited for. And didn't call you stupid but rather your comparison.

I wasn't really comparing. Both were stupid in their own way
Welpee

10/24/2016  9:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  9:05 PM
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no.

i was being honest. curry and his brother were taught the game by dell curry. they play the game the right way because dell curry played the game the right way. dell was a four-year player and his lengthy nba career is testament to his skills. seth played four years of college, steph played three years of college. so while i am sure steph curry can play it straight, street, and everything in between... i can't say the same thing about ennings, who refused to go to college and ended up in china somewhere.

there's a reason why certain players cannot seem to stick with teams, and ennings is already demonstrating why.

Nobody is trying to say Jennings any where close to being as good as Steph. And what difference does it make who Steph's dad is or how long he stayed in school. If you actually saw Dell play his game doesn't resemble's Steph game in any way, shape or form other than they were/are great shooters. The comparison ends there.

I'm talking strictly style of play and all you need is your eyes, not a copy of Steph's birth certificate or his resume. If you think Jennings plays "school yard" basketball then (if you're being honest) Steph plays "school yard" basketball too. Just because you like Steph and dislike Jennings doesn't change that.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/24/2016  9:04 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
they traded rose because he was constantly injured and probably wouldnt be close to the mvp player he was anyway. I look at the trade as clearing cap space for the future. Most know i was a fan of jerian grant so i wasnt too happy he was let go.

Rose's contract was for one year. Lopez's goes for three more years and he's older than Rose, I believe. I liked Jerian Grant, too. I'm not trying to re-litigate the trade... just wondering how much a factor the trial was in their decision to move on. I think it had to factor.

¿ △ ?
knicks1248
Member: #582
10/24/2016  9:13 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I wasn't really comparing. Both were stupid in their own way

I don't think Rose was stupid, he had history with that that dumb bitch, so he knew her better than most. What i think was that somebody obviously was in her ear encouraging her to do the dumb **** she did, like her homegirl, and her lawyers(who only go after athlete's hoping for quick settlement which didn't happen).

The best teacher is experience

ES
dk7th
USA
10/24/2016  10:33 PM
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
Welpee wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

no.

Nobody is trying to say Jennings any where close to being as good as Steph. And what difference does it make who Steph's dad is or how long he stayed in school. If you actually saw Dell play his game doesn't resemble's Steph game in any way, shape or form other than they were/are great shooters. The comparison ends there.

I'm talking strictly style of play and all you need is your eyes, not a copy of Steph's birth certificate or his resume. If you think Jennings plays "school yard" basketball then (if you're being honest) Steph plays "school yard" basketball too. Just because you like Steph and dislike Jennings doesn't change that.

one player is fundamentally sound and the other is not. one player is redefining the game and the other is trying to find a way t stick with a team. style of play is surface stuff. if you have fundamentals underneath the surface stuff then fine. if not, then learn fundamentals and stop fronting.

dk7th
USA
10/24/2016  10:45 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
dk7th wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Because defending oneself from Rape accusations is less important than meaningless pre season basketball games? Just Genius.

the stupid behavior was getting involved with this girl, and surrounding himself with stupid enablers. defending yourself against rape is a result of this stupid behavior, costing his team two weeks of important work. preseason is important when you are a new team. come on!

Rose was getting Extorted

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy