[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Players that have been waived so far
Author Thread
Finestrg
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1069

10/22/2016  2:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2016  2:09 PM
I thought it'd be cool to have a current list of players who've been waived recently:

http://stats.nba.com/transactions/

I'm a big fan of both Yogi Ferrell and Spencer Dinwiddie. I like Randle but I like these two more. I know we're pretty much finalized now and I like our team but man, would I love to get my hands on these two somehow. Maybe for Westchester with a real good chance to make the team next year (as potential Jennings/Vujacic replacements?). Ben Bentil's another interesting name. Nice SF prospect (I think this guy's big enough to play some 4 as well). Boston's got a lot of nice young talent. You knew someone good was gonna get clipped..I also really like Elliot Williams but read the other day that he has a knee issue and never even made an appearance for GS this preseason.

AUTOADVERT
Finestrg

10/22/2016  2:11 PM
Just reading that Boston's plan is to have Bentil report to the Red Claws and supposedly they're offering both RJ Hunter and James Young each for a 2nd rounder. I know Hunter had the good game against us at the Garden recently but I'm not convinced he's that good a player. Neither are the Celtics apparently.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/22/2016  2:24 PM
Finestrg wrote:Just reading that Boston's plan is to have Bentil report to the Red Claws and supposedly they're offering both RJ Hunter and James Young each for a 2nd rounder. I know Hunter had the good game against us at the Garden recently but I'm not convinced he's that good a player. Neither are the Celtics apparently.

Thanks for starting this thread. Hunter or Young would both be good gets in my opinion. Was Young a lottery pick? I think I would explore that trade and look at cutting Plumlee or NDour.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
callmened
Member: #4234

10/22/2016  3:14 PM
dinwiddie sucks (to me) - a large PG who is turnover prone and cant shoot. never the same since that kneeinjury in colorado

im a fan of beno udrih - solid back up vet who didnt get a fair chance his first time here in NYC

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Finestrg

10/22/2016  4:42 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/22/2016  4:52 PM
callmened wrote:dinwiddie sucks (to me) - a large PG who is turnover prone and cant shoot. never the same since that kneeinjury in colorado

im a fan of beno udrih - solid back up vet who didnt get a fair chance his first time here in NYC

Really? I thought Beno was awful when we had him here (when we acquired him I was delighted but he soon disappointed big-time). Maybe he just didn't have the belly for NY, I dunno. Indecisive, turnover prone, poor defensively (I still remember Bradley Beal blowing right by him baseline for a game winner at the Garden). Ashame because the player I remember prior to him coming here, in Sacramento, was a damn good player but the player we got wasn't even close to that level. And now he's a few years older. Not sure I see a difference between he and Vujacic (Vujacic, in fact, may be better at this point)...And we definitely disagree on Dinwiddie. I love the guy. No reason why he can't be as good as Shaun Livingston eventually. He just needs a steady gig somewhere. Real good size and versatility. I still can't believe Phil didn't take him in the Cleanthony Early draft when he had a chance...I recently posted a vid of his 19-point performance this preseason on the road @ Indy -- forget how smooth and effective he was scoring the ball, I was most impressed with the speed and quickness he showed getting up court, handling the ball, etc. I think the knee issues are behind him. I like him the most out of all the players that have been waived thus far. He and Yogi. Two guys I would really enjoy see play every night.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/22/2016  11:27 PM
Finestrg wrote:
callmened wrote:dinwiddie sucks (to me) - a large PG who is turnover prone and cant shoot. never the same since that kneeinjury in colorado

Really? I thought Beno was awful when we had him here (when we acquired him I was delighted but he soon disappointed big-time). Maybe he just didn't have the belly for NY, I dunno. Indecisive, turnover prone, poor defensively (I still remember Bradley Beal blowing right by him baseline for a game winner at the Garden). Ashame because the player I remember prior to him coming here, in Sacramento, was a damn good player but the player we got wasn't even close to that level. And now he's a few years older. Not sure I see a difference between he and Vujacic (Vujacic, in fact, may be better at this point)...And we definitely disagree on Dinwiddie. I love the guy. No reason why he can't be as good as Shaun Livingston eventually. He just needs a steady gig somewhere. Real good size and versatility. I still can't believe Phil didn't take him in the Cleanthony Early draft when he had a chance...I recently posted a vid of his 19-point performance this preseason on the road @ Indy -- forget how smooth and effective he was scoring the ball, I was most impressed with the speed and quickness he showed getting up court, handling the ball, etc. I think the knee issues are behind him. I like him the most out of all the players that have been waived thus far. He and Yogi. Two guys I would really enjoy see play every night.

I'm a fan of Spencer, too. He is really the prototypical Phil point guard: long and athletic who can run an offense. I hope we pick him up and at least let him play in Westchester. He is the same age as Jerian Grant and I believe he is the better prospect of the two.

smackeddog
Member: #883
10/24/2016  4:10 PM
Thunder have cut Mitch McGary - clearly can't stop smoking weed, but he looked good for them for a while, shame he's choosing the herbs over bball and riches.
CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2016  4:11 PM
smackeddog wrote:Thunder have cut Mitch McGary - clearly can't stop smoking weed, but he looked good for them for a while, shame he's choosing the herbs over bball and riches.
Archie Goodwin, Tyler Ennis and RJ Hunter all waived today.
callmened

10/24/2016  4:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Thunder have cut Mitch McGary - clearly can't stop smoking weed, but he looked good for them for a while, shame he's choosing the herbs over bball and riches.

all 3 suck. not shocking

Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2016  4:40 PM
Shasha is our Beno.
Baker is our Big PG.
Randle is our little PG dude.
Plum is our big white "Hansbrough" type.
N'Dour is our underskilled athletic type.
We have enough yoots for now.

Other guys always look better than what we have.

reub
Member: #6227

10/24/2016  6:09 PM
I'm reading that Ennis was pulled back and Prigioni was waived instead.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/24/2016  6:18 PM
callmened wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

all 3 suck. not shocking

Not at all shocking you would say that. Everyone that gets cut or is picked up after getting cut you think sucks.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
10/24/2016  6:31 PM
reub wrote:I'm reading that Ennis was pulled back and Prigioni was waived instead.
I just saw they decided to keep him. Detroit picked up Beno.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/24/2016  9:10 PM
Nalod wrote:Shasha is our Beno.
Baker is our Big PG.

Yup...nothing on the waiver lists who is so attractive that we need to make a change with out present roster...and I like Randle.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/24/2016  9:18 PM
Nalod wrote:Shasha is our Beno.
Baker is our Big PG.

That would be nice if Baker develops as a 6-4 PG. Hes got the potential--cant finish but maybe something like an older version of Dennis jOhnson not the young one.

RIP Crushalot😞
TLover
Member: #381
USA
10/24/2016  10:02 PM
Goodwin & Hunter are intriguing. Wouldn't be opposed to either.
callmened

10/24/2016  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/24/2016  10:08 PM
EnySpree wrote:
callmened wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

all 3 suck. not shocking

Not at all shocking you would say that. Everyone that gets cut or is picked up after getting cut you think sucks.

lol. yes sir. i wouldnt say 100% of players that get cut are BAD players. but most are.

i guess you forgot that i suggested the knicks should pick up beno udrih (like detroit just did) - the implication being that i think hes a solid back up

sounds like an answer to me...lol

blkexec
Member: #748
10/25/2016  10:00 AM
TLover wrote:Goodwin & Hunter are intriguing. Wouldn't be opposed to either.

I like Goodwin, until I read this article.....After reading this and watching what he did to us recently, I like RJ Hunter better.

The case of Hunter, the No. 28 pick in the 2015 draft, is more confusing. Instead of giving him three years to refine his game, the Celtics let him go after only one. This is partially a result of Boston general manager Danny Ainge's proficiency in acquiring draft picks during the past few years. He has done a great job of getting them, but if you can't package young players and picks for a superstar, then you'll have to get rid of some of them. The Celtics have stashed some players overseas, but could not find a better resolution than this for Hunter, who was competing with guard James Young for the last roster spot. This is not Hunter's fault.
Unlike Goodwin, Hunter has shown some versatility as a pro. He's a good passer and a high-IQ player, and he clearly put on some strength this past summer to better deal with the physicality of the NBA. Unfortunately, his best skill -- shooting -- has not translated to the league as planned. Despite being known for his beautiful 3-point stroke in college, Hunter made only 30.2 percent of his 3-pointers last season and 29.2 percent this preseason. That made him expendable to the Celtics because they've been impressed with what Young has shown since training camp started. It's also worth noting that Hunter is two years older than Young.
R.J. Hunter shoots a 3-pointer
R.J. Hunter is still a sharpshooter, in theory. USATSI

It's no fun to get cut on the eve of the regular season, but it's possible that this is good for Goodwin and Hunter. The way the Suns and Celtics were constructed, it was always going to be difficult for either of them to get significant playing time this season. Couldn't the Chicago Bulls use Hunter to space the floor? Couldn't the New York Knicks use Goodwin for backcourt depth?
In the next 48 hours, both of them could be claimed on waivers and wind up in better situations. Wherever they land up, though, they're going to need to keep working on their weaknesses. NBA teams aren't known for their patience.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/why-did-the-suns-and-celtics-cut-archie-goodwin-and-r-j-hunter/

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/25/2016  10:23 AM
I like the roster as it. If there is a clear difference then make the move. If not, hold on to what we got.

I hope Randle plays on the Westchester team.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2016  10:49 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:I like the roster as it. If there is a clear difference then make the move. If not, hold on to what we got.

I hope Randle plays on the Westchester team.

agree... there is nothing out there worth cutting a guy who has worked to earn this spot. Now is the time to let them play and see what we have.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Players that have been waived so far

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy