Author Thread
crzymdups
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2016  10:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  10:04 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Going to be players cut we dont want to see cut. I suppose its a good thing, means there is talent on this squad beyond the starters. Hopefully Phil and co. make the right moves

Yeah I can't imagine who it'll be. No Plum-lord tonight though.

Starters played close to starter minutes tonight in the final tuneup. No Plum, Tokoto and Lou. It's safe to say these are the 3 cuts.

Yeah I think Tokoto and Amundson are goners. I'd be sort of surprised if Plumlee was though. I guess that means one of Baker or Randle would have to go though.

NDour got early minutes tonight but not late ones. I wonder if he's on the bubble.

¿ △ ?
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/20/2016  10:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  10:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:Knicks scoring a lot of points. Not sure if it's just because of pre-season or the faster pace. Interesting thing is they've scored a ton of points the last two games without shooting the three well at all.

A little bummed to see KP look so tentative out there with Melo tonight.

The close outs on three point shooters need to improve. A decent shooting team would have beat the Knicks by 20 tonight.

They look much more comfortable in their system and running their sets (especially against Boston last night). There is no hesitancy. They have a good rhythm and are pushing the pace looking for easy buckets--something that was non-existent last year. Also, our guards are able to break down defenses and penetrate now. We're going to be able to score much more easier this year. And the coaching, although it's only the preseason, looks so much better than Fish and Rambo, or is it just me?!?
You could see a tangible difference.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2016  10:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Going to be players cut we dont want to see cut. I suppose its a good thing, means there is talent on this squad beyond the starters. Hopefully Phil and co. make the right moves

Yeah I can't imagine who it'll be. No Plum-lord tonight though.

Starters played close to starter minutes tonight in the final tuneup. No Plum, Tokoto and Lou. It's safe to say these are the 3 cuts.

Yeah I think Tokoto and Amundson are goners. I'd be sort of surprised if Plumlee was though. I guess that means one of Baker or Randle would have to go though.

NDour got early minutes tonight but not late ones. I wonder if he's on the bubble.

It sounded like one non guaranteed guy might make the roster. If Plumlee and Lou are cut that would be two guaranteed guys cut. I think Baker or Randle make the team. I think Baker might have the edge because of versatility and Randle's injury.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
USA
10/20/2016  10:08 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Knicks scoring a lot of points. Not sure if it's just because of pre-season or the faster pace. Interesting thing is they've scored a ton of points the last two games without shooting the three well at all.

The close outs on three point shooters need to improve. A decent shooting team would have beat the Knicks by 20 tonight.

They look much more comfortable in their system and running their sets (especially against Boston last night). There is no hesitancy. They have a good rhythm and are pushing the pace looking for easy buckets--something that was non-existent last year. Also, our guards are able to break down defenses and penetrate now. We're going to be able to score much more easier this year. And the coaching, although it's only the preseason, looks so much better than Fish and Rambo, or is it just me?!?

Yeah I already like Hornacek a lot more than I ever liked Fisber. Obviously I hated Rambis.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/20/2016  10:11 PM

KP is playing a different role so far, spending most of his time beyond the arc, not posting up at all. Both of them camping beyond the arc, hard to get a two man game going that way vs inside/out.

I get the feeling that if KP doesn't establish a low post game, he isn't going to get the calls he should. Refs are going to want to see him battle under the rim to get friendly calls with his size. Dont want to see KP turned into Bargs, he's capable of more.

crzymdups
USA
10/20/2016  10:13 PM
GustavBahler wrote:

KP is playing a different role so far, spending most of his time beyond the arc, not posting up at all. Both of them camping beyond the arc, hard to get a two man game going that way vs inside/out.

I get the feeling that if KP doesn't establish a low post game, he isn't going to get the calls he should. Refs are going to want to see him battle under the rim to get friendly calls with his size. Dont want to see KP turned into Bargs, he's capable of more.

He played inside a lot more last night with Melo out. Lots of great drives for layups and a few cuts off Noah passes. Agree that we need to see more of that. He's no Bargnani. He's silky smooth in the high post.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler

10/20/2016  10:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  10:22 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

He played inside a lot more last night with Melo out. Lots of great drives for layups and a few cuts off Noah passes. Agree that we need to see more of that. He's no Bargnani. He's silky smooth in the high post.

KP is definitely going to the rim in transition, but they aren't really playing off each other because they both stand a few feet from each other behind the 3 point line. Hard to get a two man game going that way IMO.

Wasnt suggesting that they were equally talented, was suggesting that KP is being given a role (right now) better suited for someone like Bargs.

crzymdups
USA
10/20/2016  10:26 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

KP is definitely going to the rim in transition, but they aren't really playing off each other because they both stand a few feet from each other behind the 3 point line. Hard to get a two man game going that way IMO.

Wasnt suggesting that they were equally talented, was suggesting that KP is being given a role (right now) better suited for someone like Bargs.

Oh yeah. I hear you.

Also, DRose is going to totally change the dynamic of the starting lineup. So that'll be interesting to see.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler

10/20/2016  10:34 PM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Oh yeah. I hear you.

Also, DRose is going to totally change the dynamic of the starting lineup. So that'll be interesting to see.

Absolutely, I agree its going to be an interesting season and a challenge for Hornacek to get the most out of his roster. He has a good selection of weapons to choose from.

dk7th
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #4228
USA
10/20/2016  11:26 PM
i am pretty sure it's tokoto, amundsen, and n'dour who get cut at this point. it'll be interesting to see what hornacek decides with the backcourt. rose and jennings seem to be the presumptive point guards but i would not be surprised if their minutes get eaten into by vujacic and baker, who are clearly better team players and better-suited to the triangle and much better shooters. this season can't be a popularity contest or favoritism and sentimentality. rose and jennings are on one-year auditions who could very easily torpedo the team with crappy play on both ends of the court.
knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/21/2016  12:06 AM
dk7th wrote:i am pretty sure it's tokoto, amundsen, and n'dour who get cut at this point. it'll be interesting to see what hornacek decides with the backcourt. rose and jennings seem to be the presumptive point guards but i would not be surprised if their minutes get eaten into by vujacic and baker, who are clearly better team players and better-suited to the triangle and much better shooters. this season can't be a popularity contest or favoritism and sentimentality. rose and jennings are on one-year auditions who could very easily torpedo the team with crappy play on both ends of the court.

I'm just glad we have such quality depth at guard. So many years of poor guard play and now Phil actually loaded up at the guard spots.

Malcolm
Member: #6131

10/21/2016  2:57 AM
dk7th wrote:rose and jennings seem to be the presumptive point guards but i would not be surprised if their minutes get eaten into by vujacic and baker, who are clearly better team players and better-suited to the triangle and much better shooters.
Vujacic and Baker looked like Triangle players . . .
mattshaw78
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #915
10/21/2016  5:58 AM
I am just concerned with the defense at times and baker seems like he can't keep up with the guards who are fast with the dribble
BlueSeats "I like anyone who can make Lebron cry. Melo seems to do it a lot."
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/21/2016  7:58 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:I am just concerned with the defense at times and baker seems like he can't keep up with the guards who are fast with the dribble

Not many can

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dk7th
USA
10/21/2016  8:12 AM
mattshaw78 wrote:I am just concerned with the defense at times and baker seems like he can't keep up with the guards who are fast with the dribble

he's still a better overall defender than ennings and rose....

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/21/2016  8:35 AM
EnySpree wrote:

Not many can

Funny. I actually thought he did well statying in front of Lin. That is a hard thing to do without being too physical with Lin.

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/21/2016  9:23 AM
crzymdups wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

Yeah I already like Hornacek a lot more than I ever liked Fisber. Obviously I hated Rambis.

never noticed

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/21/2016  9:25 AM
nixluva wrote:
dk7th wrote:i am pretty sure it's tokoto, amundsen, and n'dour who get cut at this point. it'll be interesting to see what hornacek decides with the backcourt. rose and jennings seem to be the presumptive point guards but i would not be surprised if their minutes get eaten into by vujacic and baker, who are clearly better team players and better-suited to the triangle and much better shooters. this season can't be a popularity contest or favoritism and sentimentality. rose and jennings are on one-year auditions who could very easily torpedo the team with crappy play on both ends of the court.

I'm just glad we have such quality depth at guard. So many years of poor guard play and now Phil actually loaded up at the guard spots.

this ^. i am very excited with the depth. FWIW the last couple of games it was the second stringers who beat the other team's second stringers

(5)(5)
dk7th
USA
10/21/2016  10:49 AM
Chandler wrote:
nixluva wrote:

this ^. i am very excited with the depth. FWIW the last couple of games it was the second stringers who beat the other team's second stringers

baker plays better with the starters and with the bench than ennings does. i want to see him get 16 minutes a game. we need cerebral players to run the offense properly and efficiently, not shot-jacking gnats.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/21/2016  11:39 AM
Lou, tokoto and Randle I think will be cut. Randle will be signed with westchester. This is due to the injury. This is my best guess
Final Preseason Gamethread- Nets 10/20

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy