Full Lineup available? BOS 10/15
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/16/2016  3:43 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Dagger wrote:I was at the game and was not impressed with n'dour at all. I dont think there's really much there skill-wise. The cuts are easy imo, Lou, tokoto, and ndour

Lou and Tokoto I agree. I would rather cut KOQ than NDour. KOQ really needs to get traded.

Yeah. KOQ seems like that guy at work that does nothing, is fun at work happy hours, complains about everything but is funny, and hangs onto his job for some unknown reason when other guys are laid off and ends up getting places because he has seniority.

Sounds like the template I am trying to follow

AUTOADVERT
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
10/16/2016  6:22 AM
I thought Baker looked solid tonight and plays D. Randle is a keeper as if either Rose or Bj go down Randle is poised and young. NDour, while not an offensive threat has athleticism and plays D and would contribute night in night out. BILLY is real. If OQuinn isn't moved, look for Plumlee to hit the D Team., Lou and Tokoto get cut. Kuz is a super find by Phil and will score in bunches. The second unit is shaping up and kuz Baker and Randle should see beaucoup minutes.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/16/2016  10:29 AM
I saw some things in this game I have never seen in the last two years. Our bench/3rd string players managed to put up over 100 points against arguablely the most talented young roster in the league.
Defense, backdoor cuts, endless screen and rolls,fast breaks,3s and layups and very energetic and entertaining basketball.
-Willy is terrific
-Ndour and Ron Baker may lack finishing atm, but they are great team players who can play defense and pass
-Kuz looks pretty good, needs a better handle and looks like he has a long way to go defensively
-Jennings lacks IQ, but he is really fun to watch
-Jrue Holiday looks amazing.

My only problem is that I have no idea if Noah and Melo can keep up with this fast paced team.

Imagine how Jerian Grant would look with this group of players.

The Future is Bright!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/16/2016  11:52 AM
Watched the game late last night. Was impressed by Willy, very Noahesque performance. Might have his replacement when Noah goes to the bench, whenever that is. Kuz/Cheese as well as Willy have a nice touch around the rim. Was expecting to see more of that from KP, its good to know we have big men like Noah and the rooks who finish in the paint.

Jennings looks more comfortable running the point, improving.

Disappointed that nothing is really being done to help establish KP in the post. He's shown he can pivot and bank the rock high off the glass making it very hard, if not impossible to block. Its only his second year, but guys like Dirk didnt make that big leap until he started going to the rim, not long after that they won a ring. Not suggesting thats all we need to do to win one, other variables at play. Dont want to see KP turned into a just a shooter, he is too mobile, too skilled to be wasted that way. Want to see him mix it up more.

Baker is continuing to show his great decision making skills, does not take long for him to make up his mind and make the right decision. For an undrafted rookie playing with the starters, thats impressive.

Melo is getting his game back, Noah looks like he needs more PT to get his wind back. Lee looks steady so far. KOQ had some nice buckets in transition, but I still would like to see him moved, more PT and roster spots for the rooks.

Last season, and before that, if the Knicks had the same sorry start they had in the past, it would have continued right on to the end in most cases. Hornacek got the team back on track and focused in short order. Doubt last year's coaches could have done the same.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

10/17/2016  5:31 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Disappointed that nothing is really being done to help establish KP in the post. He's shown he can pivot and bank the rock high off the glass making it very hard, if not impossible to block. Its only his second year, but guys like Dirk didnt make that big leap until he started going to the rim, not long after that they won a ring. Not suggesting thats all we need to do to win one, other variables at play. Dont want to see KP turned into a just a shooter, he is too mobile, too skilled to be wasted that way. Want to see him mix it up more.

Maybe they do not yet feel that KP can productively pass out of the post, and prefer to keep it open to Rose/Jennings penetrations. Plus, if it is a Rose or a Jennings dishing out of the post, the have 3 good perimeter shooters in Melo, Lee and KP. And when KP is in the post, he only has Melo and Lee as perimeter shooters to pass to.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/17/2016  9:43 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Maybe they do not yet feel that KP can productively pass out of the post, and prefer to keep it open to Rose/Jennings penetrations. Plus, if it is a Rose or a Jennings dishing out of the post, the have 3 good perimeter shooters in Melo, Lee and KP. And when KP is in the post, he only has Melo and Lee as perimeter shooters to pass to.

Only one way to find out about his passing skills. Its preseason, this would be the time to try an establish KP in the post. Didnt seem to be an issue last season. Dont want to see this offense turning KP into a one dimensional player. Not saying that will happen, its only preseason.

Making KP strictly a shooter is a waste of talent. Pretty sure there will be more opportunities for KP to post up as the season goes on, want to see him take advantage of them now and then.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/17/2016  11:07 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Only one way to find out about his passing skills. Its preseason, this would be the time to try an establish KP in the post. Didnt seem to be an issue last season. Dont want to see this offense turning KP into a one dimensional player. Not saying that will happen, its only preseason.

Making KP strictly a shooter is a waste of talent. Pretty sure there will be more opportunities for KP to post up as the season goes on, want to see him take advantage of them now and then.

i agree that kp6 should be in the post a la gasol and duncan. knicks are squandering his talents as a passer/playmaker otherwise. trouble is jennings and rose are in the way. best-case scenario is kp6 gets to play the post when those two are not on the court with him, where they are running pure triangle with the likes of baker, kuzminskas, hernangomez, and thomas.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Chandler
Member: #6197

10/17/2016  12:40 PM
Off topic from Knicks: but i was thoroughly unimpressed with Jaylen Brown. Way too early to tell but at the very limited pre-season sample size I have to imagine the celts want a do over for this draft or at least for that pick
(5)(5)
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2016  1:59 PM
Chandler wrote:Off topic from Knicks: but i was thoroughly unimpressed with Jaylen Brown. Way too early to tell but at the very limited pre-season sample size I have to imagine the celts want a do over for this draft or at least for that pick
everyone in the draft was like WTF are they doing? Nothing like wasting a gift pick on a longshot with better players on the board.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh
Member: #1081

10/17/2016  4:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  4:33 PM
fishmike wrote:
Chandler wrote:Off topic from Knicks: but i was thoroughly unimpressed with Jaylen Brown. Way too early to tell but at the very limited pre-season sample size I have to imagine the celts want a do over for this draft or at least for that pick
everyone in the draft was like WTF are they doing? Nothing like wasting a gift pick on a longshot with better players on the board.

He is the Marvin Williams pick of this draft...At 6'7", this kid is super athletic with agility and finesse around the basket...If he develops a jumper and puts it all together then it could turn out to be a great pick...Boston have many players on the roster at the same if not better talent plateau than what's being offered early in the draft..Ainge figured might as well swing for the fences with this at bat...

Chandler
Member: #6197

10/18/2016  7:54 AM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

He is the Marvin Williams pick of this draft...At 6'7", this kid is super athletic with agility and finesse around the basket...If he develops a jumper and puts it all together then it could turn out to be a great pick...Boston have many players on the roster at the same if not better talent plateau than what's being offered early in the draft..Ainge figured might as well swing for the fences with this at bat...

Swing for the fences on a tweener Who has no shot and misses free throws

Melo made him look silly without even trying

I think this is going to go down as a miserable draft for them especially so given how many picks they had

(5)(5)
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/18/2016  9:45 AM
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'm honestly just asking this, not trying to be snarky: is the day you get drafted into the NBA the time to develop a jumper?

Now I'm being sarcastic: 6'7"??? I'm fuhucking 6'7"!!! that's not exactly a rare attribute in the NBA in the 21st century...

The Celtics and Ainge can't make enough mistakes to make me happy.

holfresh

10/18/2016  10:29 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2016  10:30 AM
jrodmc wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

I'm honestly just asking this, not trying to be snarky: is the day you get drafted into the NBA the time to develop a jumper?

Now I'm being sarcastic: 6'7"??? I'm fuhucking 6'7"!!! that's not exactly a rare attribute in the NBA in the 21st century...

The Celtics and Ainge can't make enough mistakes to make me happy.

I mentioned 6'7" because he is deceptively quick, agile and have an easy flow to his game...He is an old school type player who goes to the rim hard and changes his shot in the air..I was impressed with his agility and how much he is willing to dunk in traffic..You really don't see that too often in this era...Some say he had the best summer league of any rook..

But his shot needs work...He certainly have the tools to be special..The work ethic needs to follow..
holfresh

10/18/2016  10:33 AM
Chandler wrote:
holfresh wrote:
fishmike wrote:

Swing for the fences on a tweener Who has no shot and misses free throws

Melo made him look silly without even trying

I think this is going to go down as a miserable draft for them especially so given how many picks they had

The upside is that he gets to the foul line a lot..Melo makes lots of dudes look silly who are already pros...

holfresh

10/18/2016  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2016  10:54 AM
By the way I went to the game against Washington...Lance Thomas isn't 100%..He looked hurt the moment he stepped on the court...He didn't play against the Celtics..He could be damaged goods from last year..If so, Houston(Garden hopefuls), we have a problem...
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/18/2016  10:52 AM
holfresh wrote:By the way I went to the game against Washington...Lance Thomas isn't 100%..He looked hurt the moment he stepped on the court...He didn't paly against the Celtics..He could be damaged goods from last year..If so, Houston(Garden hopefuls), we have a problem...

That's horrible news.

holfresh

10/18/2016  10:54 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:By the way I went to the game against Washington...Lance Thomas isn't 100%..He looked hurt the moment he stepped on the court...He didn't play against the Celtics..He could be damaged goods from last year..If so, Houston(Garden hopefuls), we have a problem...

That's horrible news.

They said he is out because of his heel..last year's injury was his knee..Let's hope they aren't lying...

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
10/18/2016  10:55 AM
holfresh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:By the way I went to the game against Washington...Lance Thomas isn't 100%..He looked hurt the moment he stepped on the court...He didn't play against the Celtics..He could be damaged goods from last year..If so, Houston(Garden hopefuls), we have a problem...

That's horrible news.

They said he is out because of his heel..last year's injury was his knee..Let's hope they aren't lying...

Lance is an important cog on the team. If he is not ready to go then I think Cheese will need to get better defensively because he will be playing his minutes. I don't think Holiday is the answer.

holfresh

10/18/2016  11:01 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/18/2016  11:01 AM
NYKBocker wrote:
holfresh wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

That's horrible news.

Lance is an important cog on the team. If he is not ready to go then I think Cheese will need to get better defensively because he will be playing his minutes. I don't think Holiday is the answer.

We currently have 8 players on the roster with less than 2 years of NBA experience..Holiday has 3 years experience, so that's 9...We have KOQ, Sasha and Admunson down the bench...We NEED Lance..
Full Lineup available? BOS 10/15

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy