martin wrote:
Allanfan20 wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:
martin wrote:We are glad you are back

Knicks should be fun to watch again!

It's good to be among my people again.

You still don't even have an assigned country, let alone your own people. I'm sure martin could provide you with one if you'd just stop this incessant post count whoring.
Wake up already. PapaBear says post counts are so 5 years ago.

BTW, I can't believe I'm even talking to someone with no Alba posts.

I don't post pictures in the Alba thread. I go to the Alba thread for the articles

Welcome back to my kingdom! You are going to have to pay a $50 surcharge to re-new your UK Membership, just remember.

Why you give him a discount? Charge him the full $100

Because back in the day, he fully agreed with me that we should have traded Howard Eisley for Kevin Garnett. Everyone else thought I would be an idiot for that. My feelings were completely hurt.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
AUTOADVERT
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

10/20/2016  9:59 PM
Looks like the cuts will be Lou, Tokoto and Plumlee (all 3 didn't play tonight). I see Plum and Tokoto playing in Westchester. Can't really argue with these three. Any thoughts?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2016  10:06 PM
I sort of think Plumlee will stay. He looked great against Boston. I don't know who the other cuts might be though? Randle because of his injury? I wonder if NDour is on the bubble.
¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
10/20/2016  10:06 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Looks like the cuts will be Lou, Tokoto and Plumlee (all 3 didn't play tonight). I see Plum and Tokoto playing in Westchester. Can't really argue with these three. Any thoughts?

Its either Plum or Ndour.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

10/20/2016  10:24 PM
crzymdups wrote:I sort of think Plumlee will stay. He looked great against Boston. I don't know who the other cuts might be though? Randle because of his injury? I wonder if NDour is on the bubble.

Horny loves Randle and so does Melo. I know Horny likes Plums too and spoke positively about him publicly, but he also said that Randle's injury will not jeopardize his roster spot. I really think another NBA team will sign Randle if we cut him. Tough call.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/20/2016  10:35 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
crzymdups wrote:I sort of think Plumlee will stay. He looked great against Boston. I don't know who the other cuts might be though? Randle because of his injury? I wonder if NDour is on the bubble.

Horny loves Randle and so does Melo. I know Horny likes Plums too and spoke positively about him publicly, but he also said that Randle's injury will not jeopardize his roster spot. I really think another NBA team will sign Randle if we cut him. Tough call.

There are going to be some good players cut. Boston is looking at cutting RJ Hunter or James Young. Demetrius Jackson also has been mentioned. One of Dinwiddie, Grant or Canaan probably is cut by the Bulls.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/20/2016  10:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:

There are going to be some good players cut. Boston is looking at cutting RJ Hunter or James Young. Demetrius Jackson also has been mentioned. One of Dinwiddie, Grant or Canaan probably is cut by the Bulls.

NBA really needs to add 3-5 roster spots for each team to assign to the D-league. I know we all keep saying this but it seems really necessary at this point.

¿ △ ?
nychamp
Member: #2556

10/20/2016  11:20 PM
I think the Knicks will go with:

Rose/Jennings/Baker
Lee/Holiday/Sasha
Melo/Lance/Kuz
KP/O'Quinn/N'Dour
Noah/Willy/Amundson

With this you have one developing player at every position but veteran support as well.

They might choose to take Randle and not N'Dour.

Or keep Plumlee for either N'Dour or Amundson.

Baker - ready to play against NBA competition, comfortable and makes good decisions, seems he can shoot. good on ball defense, a bit small, trouble finishing b/c size

Holiday - long body and arms, and good on ball defense vs 2's and 3's. Potential shooter and decent court vision. Seems like could be solid when he hits a groove. Bigger than Grant and more seasoned.

Kuz- versatile on offense, can pass and high IQ, seems to have competitive streak, will probably play 3 and 2. Can be pushed around and dominated on defense, lacks the strength to compete on D vs. 4's and physical players.

N'Dour - very borderline keep because still very raw, bad hands but good energy, athletic, can shoot a little, good motor but sloppy.

Willy - needs to adapt to NBA style game. Has good moves, fundamentals. A bit small for the types of players he will bang against this year though. Will have his moments but will also be exploited by standard NBA vets. Will have adjustment period but has the tools to develop into strong post presence on both ends.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/20/2016  11:25 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/20/2016  11:28 PM
In order

C J Noah
F K P
F Carmelo
G Lee
G Rose

C K Oquinn
F Kuzmingis
F Thomas
G Holiday
G Jennings

C Willy G
F Plumlee
F Ndour
G Sasha
G Baker

I think they can come back to reassess Randle when he heals up.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
10/20/2016  11:27 PM
nychamp wrote:I think the Knicks will go with:

Rose/Jennings/Baker
Lee/Holiday/Sasha
Melo/Lance/Kuz
KP/O'Quinn/N'Dour
Noah/Willy/Amundson

With this you have one developing player at every position but veteran support as well.

Baker - ready to play against NBA competition, comfortable and makes good decisions, seems he can shoot. good on ball defense, a bit small, trouble finishing b/c size

Holiday - long body and arms, and good on ball defense vs 2's and 3's. Potential shooter and decent court vision. Seems like could be solid when he hits a groove. Bigger than Grant and more seasoned.

Kuz- versatile on offense, can pass and high IQ, seems to have competitive streak, will probably play 3 and 2. Can be pushed around and dominated on defense, lacks the strength to compete on D vs. 4's and physical players.

N'Dour - very borderline keep because still very raw, bad hands but good energy, athletic, can shoot a little, good motor but sloppy.

Willy - needs to adapt to NBA style game. Has good moves, fundamentals. A bit small for the types of players he will bang against this year though. Will have his moments but will also be exploited by standard NBA vets. Will have adjustment period but has the tools to develop into strong post presence on both ends.

Good post. I agree on Holiday--he is really long and can play.

RIP Crushalot😞
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/21/2016  9:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/21/2016  10:13 AM
Pretty good last game. I think we look ready.

Melo's offense was coming free and easy. Even his early misses were all good shots basically. I think we've got a good balance between Melo's occasional ISO and a faster pace, both in transition and even a quicker pace in the half court. So good to see a lot of pick and roll action. It's effective and a real strength of a lot of our players.

Someone was saying on another thread--Jennings looks a little out of control but in a good way -- he's pushing it and forcing the issue on the opponent which is a nice change of pace for us. Dude just needs to settle down and make the right plays without the razzle dazzle on every play. I think he's surprising his teammates with some of his passes--I think guys think he's gonna shoot the ball in a lot of those cases. Flip side is he's a good ignitor out there, that razzle dazzle gets everyone going and pumped and HE IS looking for teammates. Hopefully he can cut down on some of the turnovers and find a happy medium with his game. I like him off the bench right from game 1. That's where he needs to be. I think that's where he'll be. Horn basically told us that by starting Sasha at the point this last game. He wanted Jennings coming in later last night, right where he plans to start using him when it's for real.

3 players I was concerned with going back a week ago -- Lee, O'Quinn and Holiday -- all have turned it around the past couple of games and have rounded into form. Great to see.

Noah looked real good last night, even contributing on offense in a big way (a couple of jumpers, drives/finishes with the left hand, got to the line a few times). Just gotta keep the big guy healthy--he's a big key. Nice to see there's good depth behind him -- we go a legit 3 deep behind Noah.

The cuts should be Amundson, Tokoto and one of Plumlee or N'Dour. I like Plumlee and N'Dour A LOT -- hopefully Phil can retain both, one at the DL level. Giving both guaranteed money was smart and should help us here. If I had to pick one of the two, it'd be Plumlee. A couple of clues: (1) N'Dour played last night in the last PS game and (2) O'Quinn has really turned it and looks like a player again, so there's no immediate need for Plumlee. Makes me believe Amundson, Tokoto and Plumlee might be the cuts, with Plumlee retained at the DL level. Haarlow gave another clue during the game--said she talked to Mills/Hornacek about the cuts and one of them hinted the team would like to keep players that play multiply positions. N'Dour plays both F spots (I think he could even play some 2G eventually as he improves) and he actually played last night. I think he made it.

Two things I was wrong about -- (1) KOQ being an overrated passer. That's not so--he's a good, quality passer. Nice to have 2 Cs, Noah and O'Quinn, that both feature that skill as a strength. O'Quinn might be one of those role players that just looks 100% better playing with better players around him. With all the player upgrades we've made, it's brought out the best in O'Quinn. Again, great to see Lee, O'Quinn and Holiday comfortable and producing right as the season's about to start. And (2) Sasha's good enough to play some PG in a pinch (3rd PG). He looked real good the last couple of games. If it came down to it, I'd always take a young promising guard over Vujacic (Baker/Randle) if I was forced to choose -- luckily, I don't think we have to. If the cuts really are Lou, JP and Marshall (with Plumlee retained at the DL level), Phil gets to keep everyone important in the fold. Nice job.

I really like Baker. He's definitely good enough to play in the NBA. Heady, effective player on both ends (really like how he gets up into people on D). Again, if you go by the 'we want guys who play both positions' comment, Baker plays both guard positions. And he played last night too, another indicator that he made it as well, as he should. Wanna give Phil and co. a lot of credit for targeting Baker, Randle and Plumlee. Real good finds, all 3. Guys that can help us right now if need be. Excellent work.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2016  9:46 AM
nychamp wrote:I think the Knicks will go with:

Rose/Jennings/Baker
Lee/Holiday/Sasha
Melo/Lance/Kuz
KP/O'Quinn/N'Dour
Noah/Willy/Amundson

I think this is spot on and exactly what we have seen. I cant make up my mind on Holiday, but he's had enough good spurts to want to see more, he's also looked overwhelmed to me at other times.

I agree 100% on Kuz. He's ready to go on offense. On defense he's getting his ass handed to him, but I have noticed its not from lack of effort, he's just not used to dealing with NBA players. He's got a slight frame, and seems very light out there. Some of that really works for him... he's silky smooth and very tall and long, but on D he's been really overmatched. Even as such I would still start him with a bench spot in the rotation. His best spot is backing up Melo, but when he plays the 3 its almost like a 3 guard line up.

Willy will get posted and toasted but notice he also made a nice play or two on Lopez. He's got the physical tools.. he's bigger and longer than most thing. 100% there is a learning curve and he's going to take his lumps. Seems like KOQ may have solidified his spot to start the season as the back center, and while I would prefer Willy if KOQ has earned it good for him! Willy will get his chances.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/21/2016  10:32 AM
Finestrg wrote:Pretty good last game. I think we look ready.

Melo's offense was coming free and easy. Even his early misses were all good shots basically. I think we've got a good balance between Melo's occasional ISO and a faster pace, both in transition and even a quicker pace in the half court. So good to see a lot of pick and roll action. It's effective and a real strength of a lot of our players.

Someone was saying on another thread--Jennings looks a little out of control but in a good way -- he's pushing it and forcing the issue on the opponent which is a nice change of pace for us. Dude just needs to settle down and make the right plays without the razzle dazzle on every play. I think he's surprising his teammates with some of his passes--I think guys think he's gonna shoot the ball in a lot of those cases. Flip side is he's a good ignitor out there, that razzle dazzle gets everyone going and pumped and HE IS looking for teammates. Hopefully he can cut down on some of the turnovers and find a happy medium with his game. I like him off the bench right from game 1. That's where he needs to be. I think that's where he'll be. Horn basically told us that by starting Sasha at the point this last game. He wanted Jennings coming in later last night, right where he plans to start using him when it's for real.

3 players I was concerned with going back a week ago -- Lee, O'Quinn and Holiday -- all have turned it around the past couple of games and have rounded into form. Great to see.

Noah looked real good last night, even contributing on offense in a big way (a couple of jumpers, drives/finishes with the left hand, got to the line a few times). Just gotta keep the big guy healthy--he's a big key. Nice to see there's good depth behind him -- we go a legit 3 deep behind Noah.

The cuts should be Amundson, Tokoto and one of Plumlee or N'Dour. I like Plumlee and N'Dour A LOT -- hopefully Phil can retain both, one at the DL level. Giving both guaranteed money was smart and should help us here. If I had to pick one of the two, it'd be Plumlee. A couple of clues: (1) N'Dour played last night in the last PS game and (2) O'Quinn has really turned it and looks like a player again, so there's no immediate need for Plumlee. Makes me believe Amundson, Tokoto and Plumlee might be the cuts, with Plumlee retained at the DL level. Haarlow gave another clue during the game--said she talked to Mills/Hornacek about the cuts and one of them hinted the team would like to keep players that play multiply positions. N'Dour plays both F spots (I think he could even play some 2G eventually as he improves) and he actually played last night. I think he made it.

Two things I was wrong about -- (1) KOQ being an overrated passer. That's not so--he's a good, quality passer. Nice to have 2 Cs, Noah and O'Quinn, that both have feature that skill as a strength. O'Quinn might be one of those role players that just looks 100% better playing with better players around him. With all the player upgrades we've made, it's brought out the best in O'Quinn. Again, great to see Lee, O'Quinn and Holiday comfortable and producing right as the season's about to start. And (2) Sasha's good enough to play some PG in a pinch (3rd PG). He looked real good the last couple of games. If it came down to it, I'd always take a young promising guard over Vujacic (Baker/Randle) if I was forced to choose -- luckily, I don't think we have to. If the cuts really are Lou, JP and Marshall (with Plumlee retained at the DL level), Phil gets to keep everyone important in the fold. Nice job.

I really like Baker. He's definitely good enough to play in the NBA. Heady, effective player on both ends (really like how he gets up into people on D). Again, if you go by the 'we want guys who play both positions' comment, Baker plays both guard positions. And he played last night too, another indicator that he made it as well, as he should. Wanna give Phil and co. a lot of credit for targeting Baker, Randle and Plumlee. Real good finds, all 3. Guys that can help us right now if need be. Excellent work.

Finestrg this is a great post. Well said and I agree with every point and observation except the very first two. I think last night's game was more the Nets being terrible than the Knicks looking good. I saw a ton of open looks from 3 offered to the Nets and a lot of passes that weren't bad ideas, but simply not where the player was. Like when the QB throw a pass the WR runs the wrong route and people are like wtf. That being said nothing was terrible.. just needs to be cleaned up.

I also thought while Melo's scoring looked good there was a lot of ball stopping and Clyde called it out... said with Melo out there there is less ball movement and there is. He passed well early in the shot clock, but anytime he got the ball after a few passes it seemed he went to holding it to create his own shot. Some of that offense is fine, but too much breeds a stagnant offense takes guys out of rhythm. Having Rose back should help that also. Melo's defense has also looked lazy to me. He may be pacing himself though.. I mean he's been around awhile so I am not going to kill him for that to be honest. If we see that next week I will kill him for it.

Good points on KOQ and Sasha... I think they have answered questions with their play. I wanted to see Willy win that job just as happy that KOQ is playing good ball. We heard about all his offseason work and its nice to see results that have translated to better play. Agree on Baker a 100%. I think he is everything we lost in Galloway. 3&D, hustle, ball handler, PG in an pinch, great guard of the bench... great job bringing him in. My preference for Sasha is only based on that role. I think the vet is better considering the limited role, but I hope whatever role Baker is in he continues what we have seen. I just think it makes sense to give him reps in the Dleage, although Randle being out changes that now.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/21/2016  2:23 PM

So there you go! Very interesting cut of Randle. Maybe he comes back and signs with Westchester.

Waltoris
Member: #6374

10/21/2016  2:51 PM
Does this mean Plumlee made the final cut? Was hoping he'd be on the roster.
BRIGGS
10/21/2016  3:26 PM
Waltoris wrote:Does this mean Plumlee made the final cut? Was hoping he'd be on the roster.

Yeah hes a smart keep. he can play here now while developing.

RIP Crushalot😞
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
10/21/2016  7:37 PM
I like Baker a lot. I'm glad he played well this preseason. Hopefully he'll get an opportunity to earn spme daily minutes.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/24/2016  11:19 AM
Bips back!!!!

Tea with Bip!!!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/24/2016  11:23 AM
Nalod wrote:Bips back!!!!

Tea with Bip!!!

Don't push it. This is a much more sensitive, reflective Bip, apparently.
Might be another year or two until his next post.

And I'm sure it will be worth the wait. And he'll agree that that's always the case.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/24/2016  3:53 PM

Wow.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Final Roster Decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy