[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final Roster Decisions
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

10/13/2016  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  9:48 AM
fishmike wrote:Here is how I rank the roster based on what I have seen in preseason, quotes, throwing poop at wall...

Roster spots:

In the rotation (in no particular order):
1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

In the mix (but on active roster). Figure 2 of these 5 make the rotation:
8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

Starts the year on the roster but inactive (DLeague):
13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

Might be looking for new homes via a trade
15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

No chance of making NBA roster:
18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

I get the impression that the team likes KOQ, but I don't know how the coaching staff feels about him. He has not performed well when on the floor. He's weird. I always feel like he should be better than he is.

Holiday is a mystery. We don't have a lot of SFs on the roster that look like they are going to get big minutes. We haven't seen much of Kuz either. Maybe they are already set on those two guy and are more interested in seeing the rookies play, I just don't know. We can keep one of Holiday/KOQ and still be at 15. Will be curious to see how it plays out. 2 weeks?

Agree. There are two guys seen more as coaching aides, Sasha and Lou. Sasha has shown to be a good defender and unnerved game player. And has a 1m guarantee. You keep him. Think Lou should be given choice to help coach somewhere in organization, be traded to his choice location or released.
With Sasha, Melo, Noah etc, you have enough locker room guys. Agree Tokoto, See Ndour heading to D leagueas well. Shame because I love his energy. Hornacek likes Baker. Likes Holiday's defense. Think they stay which may mean Kuz out. Agree with O'Quinn. Hornacek seems to favor Willy and Plum. But because of contracts, Plum to D league. Randle will join them. So until Lou. O'Quinn, Holiday get traded or released we have.

Melo
KP
Rose
Lee
Noah
Lance
O'Quinn
Jennings
Sasha
Holiday
Baker
Willy
Lou

Sucks, but it's the business side.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
10/13/2016  3:41 PM
After Noah, leaving the back up duties to Villy and Plum is a nice thought but experience still matters.
Sasha rode the pine last year but when neither Galloway and Grant failed to step up, he was the spot starter. He did ok in that role.
That's what experience gives you.
We still in preseason and the "Randle Love" based on a few games might be an over reach for fans. If the kid continues to kick butt, then he will get playing time when it matters.
To load up our bench without these guys and just having Villy, Plum, Randle, Minda, baker and N'dour......non having played in the NBA is a stretch.
Tokoto I doubt sticks. I always prefer the undrafted or second round guys over Scrub Veterans as they have "Upside" but if we are to contend for a playoff spot, you need steady veteran guys.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/13/2016  10:13 PM
Nalod wrote:After Noah, leaving the back up duties to Villy and Plum is a nice thought but experience still matters.
Sasha rode the pine last year but when neither Galloway and Grant failed to step up, he was the spot starter. He did ok in that role.
That's what experience gives you.
We still in preseason and the "Randle Love" based on a few games might be an over reach for fans. If the kid continues to kick butt, then he will get playing time when it matters.
To load up our bench without these guys and just having Villy, Plum, Randle, Minda, baker and N'dour......non having played in the NBA is a stretch.
Tokoto I doubt sticks. I always prefer the undrafted or second round guys over Scrub Veterans as they have "Upside" but if we are to contend for a playoff spot, you need steady veteran guys.

Randle = Galloway +1.

Ndour = Turiaf.

Plumlee = Dudley with balls.

Baker = System player + Effort. (Note: Wichita did not play system ball, but organized sets. But the extreme to Marshall's set calling = high post set calls on a PNR start with drfault to the low post entry pass. = System Basketball.

Hernie = The Matrix. Kis is smooth if you watch. His passing turnovers were passes to where his teammate shouladmhave been. Watch them again.

Kuz. Pimp. Drive the lane and finish with the left at 6'9. Doesnt't matter how old his gf is, she is hot...

This is the Randle.
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
10/16/2016  12:08 PM
Hahn said during the post game that he heard the Knicks might go with just 14 guys on the roster to start the season.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
reub
Member: #6227

10/16/2016  12:30 PM
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/787673853468082176

Randle has a left orbital fracture of the eye.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/16/2016  4:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/16/2016  4:32 PM
the knicks need a solid glue guy like baker. i like randle too but he isn't the team player baker is.

not a big fan of holiday and i don't know if tokoto with make it.

amundsen, tokoto, holiday seem like the cuts to me.

hernangomez, plumlee, kuzminskas, baker are a real nice group of players. congrats to clarence gaines! what a great scout.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
masud
Member: #2442

10/16/2016  11:48 PM
I'll take Baker over Randle. Baker is bigger and a better defender. While Randle looks like a better shooter Baker isn't a bad one. Plus I don't trust Randle to shoot like this throughout the season, Baker's game seems more dependable.
Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/17/2016  12:26 AM
Hornacek saying that Randle's injury doesn't necessarily hurt his chances of making the roster. Interesting. Sounds like there's a good chance he makes the club.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/17/2016  7:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  7:13 AM
IMO - plumlee, ndour, baker, early, tokoto, and inglis will not make the 15 man roster and will be encouraged to sign with d league team. Guys like Holiday and Oquinn are vets with potential. Sasha is here due to triangle experience. Randle probably makes team due to his shooting and the need for a third point guard. Billy is probably going to be Noah's backup. Kuz makes the cut due to his experience as s professional and his skill set. Adumsen will make the team because he is a vet even though I would rather give that spot to plumlee.
Trust the Process
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/17/2016  7:37 AM
Finestrg wrote:Hornacek saying that Randle's injury doesn't necessarily hurt his chances of making the roster. Interesting. Sounds like there's a good chance he makes the club.

Yea the Knicks are not going to risk loosing this guy he is too good esp with how injury prone the two guys in front of him are. Randle has made this team . if we realease him a team will pick him up there's no d league for randle he's to polished.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/17/2016  8:53 AM
fishmike wrote:
Bippity10 wrote:Word
Lawd have mercy look who woke up!

You have been missed

And he's lost none of that incredibly keen insight!

Can orangeblobman be far away?

blkexec
Member: #748
10/17/2016  9:30 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:Here is how I rank the roster based on what I have seen in preseason, quotes, throwing poop at wall...

Roster spots:

1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

I get the impression that the team likes KOQ, but I don't know how the coaching staff feels about him. He has not performed well when on the floor. He's weird. I always feel like he should be better than he is.

Holiday is a mystery. We don't have a lot of SFs on the roster that look like they are going to get big minutes. We haven't seen much of Kuz either. Maybe they are already set on those two guy and are more interested in seeing the rookies play, I just don't know. We can keep one of Holiday/KOQ and still be at 15. Will be curious to see how it plays out. 2 weeks?

Agree. There's a two guys seen more as coaching aides. Sasha and Lou. Sasha has shown to be a good defender and unnerved game player. And has a 1m guarantee. You keep him. Think Lou should be given choice to help coach somewhere in organazation, be traded to his choice location or released.
With Sasha, Melo, Noah etc, you have enough locker room guys. Agree Tokoto, See Ndour heading to D leagueas well. Shame because I love his energy. Hornacek likes Baker. Likes Holiday's defense. Think they stay which may mean Kuz out. Agree with O'Quinn. Hornacek seems to favor Willy and Plum. But because of contracts, Plum to D league. Randle will join them. So until Lou. O'Quinn, Holiday get traded or released we have.

Melo
KP
Rose
Lee
Noah
Lance
O'Quinn
Jennings
Sasha
Holiday
Baker
Willy
Lou

Fish.....i agree with this list.....but i only see 13 players.....who gets the other two spots. I believe it will be randle, who makes it 14.....and cheese at 15.

I dont think we need both Lou and KOQ on the same team. I believe Lou was added insurance for billy. But billy is quickly moving up to potentially becoming the top backup at center. Again, if practice is any indication, billy was scrimaging with the 4 starters, replacing KP. Unless they dont think he can play center. I believe he can play both positions and he doesnt appear to be a liability on defense and he doesnt get pushed around. Keep in mind, i only saw the open practice and maybe one preseason game.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/17/2016  9:48 AM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You have been missed

And he's lost none of that incredibly keen insight!

Can orangeblobman be far away?

Bip! Lol good to see the name lol....

As for orangeblobman I'm sure he's been around under different aliases. I have all of them blocked lol

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/17/2016  10:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  10:03 AM

Roster spots:

1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

I would switch Baker with Plumlee. Want to see what Baker can do with regular minutes. With Randle hurt, this would be a good time. Not saying to ditch Plumlee, but the D league would be a good place for him to work on his offense. Havent really seen anything that could be called offense other than putbacks, flushes under the rim. Maybe work on a mid range jumper.

Holiday reminds me of Tim Hardaway and Grant. He goes through a rough patch, and the second he makes a bucket or two, Holiday acts like he just won the MVP.

HofstraBBall

10/17/2016  10:05 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  10:06 AM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Roster spots:

1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

Agree. There's a two guys seen more as coaching aides. Sasha and Lou. Sasha has shown to be a good defender and unnerved game player. And has a 1m guarantee. You keep him. Think Lou should be given choice to help coach somewhere in organazation, be traded to his choice location or released.

Melo
KP
Rose
Lee
Noah
Lance
O'Quinn
Jennings
Sasha
Holiday
Baker
Willy
Lou

Fish.....i agree with this list.....but i only see 13 players.....who gets the other two spots. I believe it will be randle, who makes it 14.....and cheese at 15.

I dont think we need both Lou and KOQ on the same team. I believe Lou was added insurance for billy. But billy is quickly moving up to potentially becoming the top backup at center. Again, if practice is any indication, billy was scrimaging with the 4 starters, replacing KP. Unless they dont think he can play center. I believe he can play both positions and he doesnt appear to be a liability on defense and he doesnt get pushed around. Keep in mind, i only saw the open practice and maybe one preseason game.

That was actually my list. Left out Kuz. Think they will start with 14 for the year with either Kuz or Randle making it. Kuz helped his chances with play in Boston game and has contract. But think they would rather have him in D League, if he doesn't crack the rotation, to keep his development going. We will have to see how Randle's injury affects his play. Hope they sign Randle to at least a D league deal. The problem is he may get an offer to play on a roster somewhere else. A few teams are desperate for guard play. Still curious to see if Lou is cut. Have not seen him in a pre-season game but they already know what he offers. Would hate for them to use the spot on him and not an athletic guy with some promise. ie. Ndour, Plum, Randle. But again, think their plan is to sign these guys and develop them in the D League.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/17/2016  10:05 AM
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Roster spots:

1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

Melo
KP
Rose
Lee
Noah
Lance
O'Quinn
Jennings
Sasha
Holiday
Baker
Willy
Lou

I cant fathom Lou making the team... not with what we have seen from Plumlee and Willy. I have no doubt now he was a veteran/depth insurance policy and the young bigs are way ahead of him in the rotation.

Overall I am thrilled with how the roster is shaping. I love how Willy looks. Kuz has shown some nice skills and can certainly score it. Baker, NDour, Randle, Plumlee all look like roster keepers or Dleague guys with good potential to make the NBA and Sasha looks like he picked off where last season started. I think competition at the end of the roster is very important, and we see to have a healthy mix there fighting it out

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
HofstraBBall

10/17/2016  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/17/2016  10:24 AM
fishmike wrote:
blkexec wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Roster spots:

1 Carmelo Anthony
2 Derrick Rose
3 Joakim Noah
4 Courtney Lee
5 Lance Thomas
6 Brandon Jennings
7 Kristaps Porzingis

8 Mindaugas Kuzminskas
9 Sasha Vujacic
10 Willy Hernangomez
11 Marshall Plumlee
12 Chasson Randle

13 Maurice Ndour
14 Ron Baker

15 Justin Holiday
16 Kyle O'Quinn
17 Louis Amundson

18 JP Tokoto
19 Damien Inglis

Melo
KP
Rose
Lee
Noah
Lance
O'Quinn
Jennings
Sasha
Holiday
Baker
Willy
Lou

I cant fathom Lou making the team... not with what we have seen from Plumlee and Willy. I have no doubt now he was a veteran/depth insurance policy and the young bigs are way ahead of him in the rotation.

Overall I am thrilled with how the roster is shaping. I love how Willy looks. Kuz has shown some nice skills and can certainly score it. Baker, NDour, Randle, Plumlee all look like roster keepers or Dleague guys with good potential to make the NBA and Sasha looks like he picked off where last season started. I think competition at the end of the roster is very important, and we see to have a healthy mix there fighting it out

Was never a big fan of Sasha's but have come around. He seems like a good vocal leader, becoming more consistent and playing decent defense. And of course,it helps that he is so comfortable with the triangle offense. He is also working well with the younger second unit. You also need guys like him, accustomed to the bright lights.

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/17/2016  6:45 PM
i don't think tokoto, amundsen, or holiday make the team.

Melo/Lance/Kuzminskas
KP/Kuzminskas/O'Quinn/N'Dour
Rose/Jennings/Baker/Randle
Lee/Thomas/Vujacic/Baker
Noah/Hernangomez/Plumlee

Lance
Jennings
Vujacic
Baker
Hernangomez
Kuzminskas
Randle
O'Quinn
N'Dour
Plumlee

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/17/2016  6:58 PM
Tokoto, Ingliss, and Early definitely don't make the team. Ingliss and Early should end up in Westchester. If a roster spot is opened up I have heard a lot of speculation about NDour or Plumlee being cut. Cutting Lou makes sense but the signing didn't make sense and Phil and Steve are fond of Lou. Holiday looked better in the last preseason game and apparently looked very good at the open practice. I think he makes the team. Maybe Phil makes a trade like he did to open a spot up for Travis Wear.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bippity10
Member: #574
10/17/2016  8:44 PM
fishmike wrote:

You have been missed

Very true. I have been missed

I just hope that people will like me
Final Roster Decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy