Member: #11
USA
10/12/2016  8:32 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Randle, Plumlee, Vujacic, NDour, and Holiday probably make it. Amundson and Tokoto almost definitely get cut. Baker could replace Vujacic if they value his upside, but i think its more likely he ends up on the DLeague team for at least this season. Probably replaces Vujacic next year. If you have Baker, then you have 6 rookies on the roster, and i don't see that happening at this point. 5 is a lot as it is.

C Noah/Hermangomez/Plumlee
PF Porzingis/O'Quinn/NDour
SF Anthony/Thomas/Kuzminskas
SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

I see Baker being a more valuable player for this team than Holiday at this point in time. If we can keep him in some way and let him play DL, I might do it. If someone tells me you can either have Holiday or Baker, and the guy you cut leaves the organization, I keep Baker. I would do the same if it was between Baker and Sasha, it it came down to it.

I feel the same way about Plumlee over O'Quinn, although I would love to see O'Quinn step it up and prove me wrong.

Where do you draw the line on number of undrafted rookies vs. players who have provided meaningful minutes for many years? You just can't fill a roster out with undrafted players who are having good training camps/summer leagues even if their upside is greater considering age. As a fan base, we have gotten carried away before. I think we have a few pretty good players in there, but i just don't see our last few spots all going to undrafted free agents.

why not, sasha and admunson prove to be complete garbage last yr.. undrafted players are out to prove themselves every single game, they take nothing for granted

Veteran presence is needed throughout the year. The rookies will play harder this time of year because they are fighting for their NBA lives. Vets will pace themselves and do things in the locker room and behind the scenes that you won't see on the court. There are other factors involved. There needs to be a good mix of younger players with upside and vets who you know will provide leadership and toughness when needed. This is how Vujacic and Amundson still make a living.

I agree, but I don't see that kind of leadership in sasha and admundson, I also don't hear any of the young players praise there leadership, like the guys were saying about melo on the Olympic team.

When kT, camby, Kidd, rasheed, and kmart were here, you would here the younger players praising their leadership. Sasha ain't no leader, and admundson is even worse. That doesn't mean they're worthless, they're solid professional role players with good character, but so is everyone on the roster (that are more talented)

You won't "see" that leadership. Players praise the leadership of stars and former stars because they are asked about it specifically. Most of the guys you mentioned fall into that category. And by all accounts, Sasha was credited with helping with Porzingis' adjustment to the league, and he seems to have adjusted very nicely.

AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/12/2016  8:41 AM
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Randle, Plumlee, Vujacic, NDour, and Holiday probably make it. Amundson and Tokoto almost definitely get cut. Baker could replace Vujacic if they value his upside, but i think its more likely he ends up on the DLeague team for at least this season. Probably replaces Vujacic next year. If you have Baker, then you have 6 rookies on the roster, and i don't see that happening at this point. 5 is a lot as it is.

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

I see Baker being a more valuable player for this team than Holiday at this point in time. If we can keep him in some way and let him play DL, I might do it. If someone tells me you can either have Holiday or Baker, and the guy you cut leaves the organization, I keep Baker. I would do the same if it was between Baker and Sasha, it it came down to it.

I feel the same way about Plumlee over O'Quinn, although I would love to see O'Quinn step it up and prove me wrong.

Where do you draw the line on number of undrafted rookies vs. players who have provided meaningful minutes for many years? You just can't fill a roster out with undrafted players who are having good training camps/summer leagues even if their upside is greater considering age. As a fan base, we have gotten carried away before. I think we have a few pretty good players in there, but i just don't see our last few spots all going to undrafted free agents.

why not, sasha and admunson prove to be complete garbage last yr.. undrafted players are out to prove themselves every single game, they take nothing for granted

Veteran presence is needed throughout the year. The rookies will play harder this time of year because they are fighting for their NBA lives. Vets will pace themselves and do things in the locker room and behind the scenes that you won't see on the court. There are other factors involved. There needs to be a good mix of younger players with upside and vets who you know will provide leadership and toughness when needed. This is how Vujacic and Amundson still make a living.

I agree, but I don't see that kind of leadership in sasha and admundson, I also don't hear any of the young players praise there leadership, like the guys were saying about melo on the Olympic team.

When kT, camby, Kidd, rasheed, and kmart were here, you would here the younger players praising their leadership. Sasha ain't no leader, and admundson is even worse. That doesn't mean they're worthless, they're solid professional role players with good character, but so is everyone on the roster (that are more talented)

You won't "see" that leadership. Players praise the leadership of stars and former stars because they are asked about it specifically. Most of the guys you mentioned fall into that category. And by all accounts, Sasha was credited with helping with Porzingis' adjustment to the league, and he seems to have adjusted very nicely.

So you can't see it, no one talks about, there is no measurement for it, but we assume its there. And it is cumulative in the sense that having Melo, Noah, Rose, Lee and Thomas are not enough vets. Moreover, Randle and Kuz who are both champions and MVPs in their last leagues need advice from a middling bench player who's claim to fame is guarding Kobe in practice? Come on. This argument is paper thin.

The only argument for Vujacic is that he is a vet. He was brought in to babysit KP last year. He did a good job. If the team thinks he needs another year. Fine. But I would expect KP to room with Willie this year. Making Sasha's utility that much less.

So, keeping Sasha comes down to one question for me. Does KP need him? With the diversity on this squad, I think the answer is no.

This is the Randle.
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
USA
10/12/2016  10:47 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

So you can't see it, no one talks about, there is no measurement for it, but we assume its there. And it is cumulative in the sense that having Melo, Noah, Rose, Lee and Thomas are not enough vets. Moreover, Randle and Kuz who are both champions and MVPs in their last leagues need advice from a middling bench player who's claim to fame is guarding Kobe in practice? Come on. This argument is paper thin.

The only argument for Vujacic is that he is a vet. He was brought in to babysit KP last year. He did a good job. If the team thinks he needs another year. Fine. But I would expect KP to room with Willie this year. Making Sasha's utility that much less.

So, keeping Sasha comes down to one question for me. Does KP need him? With the diversity on this squad, I think the answer is no.

His influence on Porzingis was talked about all last year. And clearly it had a positive impact on Porzingis' play on the court. What sort of measurement are you looking for? I'm not sure it is possible to have one.
EwingsGlass
USA
10/12/2016  12:43 PM
Knixkik wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

His influence on Porzingis was talked about all last year. And clearly it had a positive impact on Porzingis' play on the court. What sort of measurement are you looking for? I'm not sure it is possible to have one.

Those quotes were "I like having him around" type quotes. They mean nothing. This veteran presence argument is being compared to having Kidd and Wallace on the end of the bench. Guys who were HOF and All Star caliber players. Yeah. You want to put Kevin Garnett in that 15th spot to show KP how to be a jerk in a meaningful way in this league... I agree. If you wanted to give Ray Allen that spot, I might agree. But I do not see the correlation of Sasha having the same effect as these kinds of guys. His value is mostly that he is Euro where they didn't want KP to feel isolated and alone. Meanwhile, his entire family moved to NY to be with them. He rented 3 units at Sky so his brothers could leave near him. Willy, his best friend is now here. KP's good.

I think Sasha's "veteran presence" value is overstated. Because he doesn't bring that same swagger as the examples posted, I find that spot more valuable to a guy with some real growth potential. That 11.1 lifetime PER is easily replaceable.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/12/2016  12:49 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

So if Sasha is a legit leader/positive example (you have acknowledged he is) how does it make sense that KP is the only one affected? There are 5 rookies on the roster. You don't think it makes it easier on Rose/Noah/Melo/Lee/Lance to have another pro in the mix? A guy who also knows how to bring it and make the most of his limited assets? Sasha is generally a PITA for opposing teams. Yea, he's not always effective but he almost always irritates the other squad with his spastic hustle... I get you don't value what Sasha has (experience) but it matters, and not just to one guy, to the other pros, to the coaches, to the young guys. Let them out play and out smart Sasha for those minutes. You guys make Sasha out to be a warm body, so you might as well get a prospect or "promising player" with upside to take the spot. Good in fantasy, short on reality.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
USA
10/12/2016  2:05 PM
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

So if Sasha is a legit leader/positive example (you have acknowledged he is) how does it make sense that KP is the only one affected? There are 5 rookies on the roster. You don't think it makes it easier on Rose/Noah/Melo/Lee/Lance to have another pro in the mix? A guy who also knows how to bring it and make the most of his limited assets? Sasha is generally a PITA for opposing teams. Yea, he's not always effective but he almost always irritates the other squad with his spastic hustle... I get you don't value what Sasha has (experience) but it matters, and not just to one guy, to the other pros, to the coaches, to the young guys. Let them out play and out smart Sasha for those minutes. You guys make Sasha out to be a warm body, so you might as well get a prospect or "promising player" with upside to take the spot. Good in fantasy, short on reality.

I was going in the same direction as you. KP is the one we knew he had a positive influence on for obvious reasons, but there are others on the roster who we hope have a similar transition as him. We have 2 other international rookies who we want the same influence on. In addition, Sasha was good at getting under opposing player's skin. That fired up the rest of the team. His work ethic is well-documented. And we don't like to speak about the triangle factor, but that still exists. Sasha is an NBA champ who won playing within the triangle and clearly is very knowledgeable in that dept. The triangle isn't fully going away. We clearly do not want him to have a regular rotation role, he is not a good player, but for all of the reasons we are talking about, this guy belongs on the roster.
fishmike
USA
10/12/2016  2:53 PM
Knixkik wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

I was going in the same direction as you. KP is the one we knew he had a positive influence on for obvious reasons, but there are others on the roster who we hope have a similar transition as him. We have 2 other international rookies who we want the same influence on. In addition, Sasha was good at getting under opposing player's skin. That fired up the rest of the team. His work ethic is well-documented. And we don't like to speak about the triangle factor, but that still exists. Sasha is an NBA champ who won playing within the triangle and clearly is very knowledgeable in that dept. The triangle isn't fully going away. We clearly do not want him to have a regular rotation role, he is not a good player, but for all of the reasons we are talking about, this guy belongs on the roster.
On the bold I agree, and he if he does get minutes it will be spot at best. Some assignment, some guys to guard, a situation where everyone on the floor can shoot 3s... the point is the only minutes you expect Sasha to get will be situational, not based on a regular rotation. For that role Sasha is simply a better fit than a "promising" rookie who has played 1 year of Euroball after going undrafted. I want Randle on the roster and I want him to succeed. I love the idea of developing prospects and having a pipeline. All I am saying is balance is very important, and Sasha brings things to the table that are very important.

Sasha is the 3rd PG and a situational shooter. If both Jennings and Rose were out what do people expect? Sasha would start, Randle would be the sub and there is no reason that Randle doesn't get more minutes that Sasha if he's playing well. If I was the coach that is exactly how I would play it. If you want a young guy to succeed teach him to use his eyes first. Let him watch Sasha. He will find spots he can better attack etc, and when he comes in he will have a plan. You don't let rookies figure it out, not on this squad. This isn't a rebuild. We need veteran play first, bring the spark plug in next.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/12/2016  3:01 PM
Plum-Lord isn't going anywhere.

¿ △ ?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/12/2016  3:32 PM
crzymdups wrote:Plum-Lord isn't going anywhere.

oh I like that Plum-Lord

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
10/12/2016  3:59 PM
martin wrote:

oh I like that Plum-Lord

Or as fishmike has apparently copyrighted "Plumlee-ITA"

fishmike
USA
10/12/2016  4:08 PM

It also tells me that not only are they in no rush to push KP to center, but they are making sure they have enough blue collar lunkheads for him to play next to. If you want to read anything into the minutes given out by playing KP the most you might even say they want to see who looks best next to KP
EwingsGlass
USA
10/12/2016  4:20 PM
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

1) I didn't acknowledge anything. I used the logical device of assuming your strongest argument to be true- that his presence alone is valuable -- rather than taking it at its weakest (which is the 11.1 PER which represents a below average player). Even being below average PER is acceptable as you must assume that 7.5 (I know) of the players on every squad are above average and 7.5 of the players are below average. All of that said, the concept of "veteran" presence is vague, ambiguous and possibly overstated as it is not quantified. Should the Red Sox bring Bill Buckner around for veteran presence? Roster spots are prime real estate. You need to earn that piece of pine with every ounce of your being. Sasha doesn't do it for me. The fact that he is a "veteran" a/k/a old, doesn't ring my doorbell. That argument carries merit with me where they are a) old and b) still useful. In his last year with the Knicks, Wallace had a PER of 16.7. Kidd had a PER of 13.5. Thomas had a PER of 13.7. All better than Vujacic. No one states that a middling veteran presence adds much more. We have that in Lance Thomas and Kyle O'Quinn already.

2) I do not think Sasha's presence does anything more for the team than Ron Baker's. I would argue that Baker (a/k/a Rudy) scrambling for loose balls, getting knocked over on screens and fighting to stay in front of his man while knocking down 3s could have a more positive effect. Its Effort vs Experience.

Regardless, here my words. Baker has $75k of guaranteed money. Vujacic has $1.4MM (possible only $957k is guaranteed). Business-wise, it is Vujacic's job to lose. He has to have a greater than 50% chance of keeping the job at that price differential. So, all my whining may be just rhetoric. But if I am GM, Baker beat Sasha out for that spot. There are not enough intangibles to overcome that point in my mind. Baker may never re-appear in this league making all my arguments look moot. But so much of the NBA (and life) is timing. Being in the right place at the right time. In that regard, I could see Baker signing with Toronto in two years with a contract akin to Landry Fields.

This is the Randle.
fishmike
USA
10/12/2016  4:43 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

1) I didn't acknowledge anything. I used the logical device of assuming your strongest argument to be true- that his presence alone is valuable -- rather than taking it at its weakest (which is the 11.1 PER which represents a below average player). Even being below average PER is acceptable as you must assume that 7.5 (I know) of the players on every squad are above average and 7.5 of the players are below average. All of that said, the concept of "veteran" presence is vague, ambiguous and possibly overstated as it is not quantified. Should the Red Sox bring Bill Buckner around for veteran presence? Roster spots are prime real estate. You need to earn that piece of pine with every ounce of your being. Sasha doesn't do it for me. The fact that he is a "veteran" a/k/a old, doesn't ring my doorbell. That argument carries merit with me where they are a) old and b) still useful. In his last year with the Knicks, Wallace had a PER of 16.7. Kidd had a PER of 13.5. Thomas had a PER of 13.7. All better than Vujacic. No one states that a middling veteran presence adds much more. We have that in Lance Thomas and Kyle O'Quinn already.

2) I do not think Sasha's presence does anything more for the team than Ron Baker's. I would argue that Baker (a/k/a Rudy) scrambling for loose balls, getting knocked over on screens and fighting to stay in front of his man while knocking down 3s could have a more positive effect. Its Effort vs Experience.

Regardless, here my words. Baker has $75k of guaranteed money. Vujacic has $1.4MM (possible only $957k is guaranteed). Business-wise, it is Vujacic's job to lose. He has to have a greater than 50% chance of keeping the job at that price differential. So, all my whining may be just rhetoric. But if I am GM, Baker beat Sasha out for that spot. There are not enough intangibles to overcome that point in my mind. Baker may never re-appear in this league making all my arguments look moot. But so much of the NBA (and life) is timing. Being in the right place at the right time. In that regard, I could see Baker signing with Toronto in two years with a contract akin to Landry Fields.

1) what is the highest level of team sports you ever played? Because your Bill Buckner comment tells me you simply cant grasp the value of a more experienced player, and if it doesn't play out in his PER or WS/48 or whatever number your looking it at it doesn't exist. Forget about sports, ANY team setting. How many rookies do you build a team with? Lance Thomas and Kyle OQuinn as your veteran presence? Sorry... are those players guards? Can they sub in as point guards? Have they won titles?

2) I know you don't. Your argument may be 100% true. It may also be true that if Jennings/Rose go down and you have Randle/Baker you are not putting them in position to succeed. Rookies lose confidence very quickly and if they didn't play well right away the Knicks would be really struggle. You see Sasha as a middling veteran. Maybe the coach/GM sees him as a pro who understands what it takes to win a title and what that environment is like. Again... maybe Ron Baker's hustle trumps that. Maybe it doesn't, but the right answer is to have both, which means Sasha stays and Baker/Randle have to fight their way on. So far so good for them. I am thrilled to see them play well. I also understand why Sasha is here as well. Its not just a middling veteran. Phil Jackson knows Sasha and if he thinks he adds value than there isn't much to discuss. Phil clearly values youth, he also values balance. Ive started a hardball team from scratch. I had more talent than I could manage. What I really wanted were some guys who just knew how to play better. You need balance.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
10/12/2016  5:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/12/2016  5:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

1) what is the highest level of team sports you ever played? Because your Bill Buckner comment tells me you simply cant grasp the value of a more experienced player, and if it doesn't play out in his PER or WS/48 or whatever number your looking it at it doesn't exist. Forget about sports, ANY team setting. How many rookies do you build a team with? Lance Thomas and Kyle OQuinn as your veteran presence? Sorry... are those players guards? Can they sub in as point guards? Have they won titles?

2) I know you don't. Your argument may be 100% true. It may also be true that if Jennings/Rose go down and you have Randle/Baker you are not putting them in position to succeed. Rookies lose confidence very quickly and if they didn't play well right away the Knicks would be really struggle. You see Sasha as a middling veteran. Maybe the coach/GM sees him as a pro who understands what it takes to win a title and what that environment is like. Again... maybe Ron Baker's hustle trumps that. Maybe it doesn't, but the right answer is to have both, which means Sasha stays and Baker/Randle have to fight their way on. So far so good for them. I am thrilled to see them play well. I also understand why Sasha is here as well. Its not just a middling veteran. Phil Jackson knows Sasha and if he thinks he adds value than there isn't much to discuss. Phil clearly values youth, he also values balance. Ive started a hardball team from scratch. I had more talent than I could manage. What I really wanted were some guys who just knew how to play better. You need balance.

Agree completely. I just assume people who don't like Sasha completely bailed on the second half of last season (meaning didn't watch any games), when he was one of the best players on the team, and certainly the best guard hands down.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
USA
10/12/2016  5:41 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

Agree completely. I just assume people who don't like Sasha completely bailed on the second half of last season (meaning didn't watch any games), when he was one of the best players on the team, and certainly the best guard hands down.

And he had a stretch in April where he shot like 50% from 3. He played very well. For what he brings and the price he brings it he's a great fit.
EwingsGlass
USA
10/12/2016  6:04 PM
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

I have no experience in team sports past high school. I am not sure that is indicative of anything. Specifically because I am not arguing against experience. I am arguing that Sasha's experience is mediocre at best. And this team has filled in the roster with better experience.

Second your definition of "rookie" is flawed and ethnocentrically challenged. You disavow all experience that is not NBA experience. Is Kuz really a rookie? Was Ichiro a "rookie"? It isnt like Sasha is Derek Jeter "Captain Intangible". He won a ring playing backup to Kobe averaging 8.6 minutes per game. Seriously, what major experience are we discussing? Lance and Kyle are our middling experience. You still have Melo, Noah, Rose and Lee as your prime vets. You want another puppy to put at the end of the bench to lap the rookies hands as they walk off the court? Eh. I'd bet a buck no one aigns Vujacic if he gets waived because his value is the same as a teddy bear with KP's name on it.

In terms of how many "rookies", I can easily say "how many vets". In my earliest posts I indicated (1) that none of our rookies are pure green rookies. Baker and Plumlee as the greenest are still 4 year college players. (2) Most of our "rookies" have championship pedigree in whichever league they were in (3) We are discussing the 15th spot in the order which, in all likelihood earns Baker a spot down in DLeague cause I can only suit 12. So, if we are talking about who sits at the end of the bench, name Sasha as a special assistant and sit him wherever you wish. He sits regardless.

So, what do I gain by optioning Baker to DLeague instead of waiving him? Control. Nothing more. Nothing. If you have a real handshake for that $75k guaranteed Baker is gonna play in Westchester for $25k, I have no objection at all. In fact, then Sasha's contract becomes trade filler to make any future deal work.

This is the Randle.
EwingsGlass
USA
10/12/2016  6:07 PM
crzymdups wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
fishmike wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:

SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

That team went 6 and 12. Superstar on a bad team in garbage games. Meh. We literally replaced every other guard on the team. Best of the worst argument doesn't do anything for me.

This is the Randle.
fwk00
Member: #6048

10/12/2016  6:29 PM
I'm also of the opinion that O'Quinn seems to be odd man out. My thought is that Phil will get a trade exception for him or a second-rounder.
IMO, Sasha and Lou are 14, 15 on this team. Likely that N'Dour and Randle make it to share 13. I think Baker is odd man out (likely DLeague).

Of course injuries can still factor in.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
10/12/2016  6:41 PM
fwk00 wrote:I'm also of the opinion that O'Quinn seems to be odd man out. My thought is that Phil will get a trade exception for him or a second-rounder.
IMO, Sasha and Lou are 14, 15 on this team. Likely that N'Dour and Randle make it to share 13. I think Baker is odd man out (likely DLeague).

I have been really disappointed with O'Quinn. I agree that he seems like the odd man out but he did go to Europe with KP and Puerto Rico with Melo. Not sure that that should buy him a roster spot but it might count for something.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
10/12/2016  7:03 PM
fwk00 wrote:I'm also of the opinion that O'Quinn seems to be odd man out. My thought is that Phil will get a trade exception for him or a second-rounder.

he's better-suited to a triangle offense but the knicks are not going to run it enough to have him be of enough of value.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
Final Roster Decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy