[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Final Roster Decisions
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/11/2016  8:31 AM
I know there is still time, but it is exciting to see the roster form because there is talent going to the end of the bench.

Nothing is changing in the Starting 5. Rose/Lee/Melo/KP/Noah. Maybe Jennings earns more of Rose's minutes.

Then you have Jennings/Hernangomez/Thomas/O'Quinn/Kuzmingaus who all seem to have made the team contractually. O'Quinn needs to settle down. I think he hasn't been showing his best. He's got more upside.

Then there are eight players fighting for 5 Spots:

The oldtimers Vucacic and Amundson

The guaranteed money Holiday, Plumlee, NDour

and the partially guaranteed money Randle, Baker, Tokoto

So, pick 5 from this list of eight.

Here is mine. Randle, Plumlee, Ndour, Holiday, Baker.

I am probably wrong on Vucacic in actuality. He probably takes Holiday or Baker's spot. That said, Baker outplayed him and can handle the sharpshooter role. Holiday has more upside and athleticism. Everything Vucacic brings to the team can be had by calling him a special assistant. Same goes for Amundson. Randle earned those minutes as the backup backup PG and the hybrid SG. I only take Vucacic over Baker if I get a handshake from Baker that he sticks with Westchester for the entire year. Genuine stash.

Haven't seen enough of Tokoto to have him earn a spot over these other guys. He is a quality stash for Westchester though.

I'd give Plumlee and Baker roster spots but option them outright to DLeague to make sure they are getting PT during the first half of the season. We will need fresher legs in the second half.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2016  8:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  9:00 AM
I feel we need Plummlee on the roster. No d league. Horny said even if he plays 8 minutes a game he's going to contribute. I wholeheartedly agree. Especially with Noah on the roster already nursing injuries. We also need to have guys available that bring it so everyone can play freely. When you know the guy behind you can hold it down, you don't worry about fatigue and fouls. You just get busy.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

10/11/2016  8:58 AM
KOQ is the one guy I will let go. With Willy, Ndour and Plumlee back there KOQ is just not bringing anything they aren't. He's making errors out there that a veteran shouldn't make. He plays like a rookie. I would try to pawn him for a draft pick if possible.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/11/2016  9:18 AM
So if I have the breakdown right its these 8:
Randle, Plumlee, Ndour, Holiday, Baker, Sasha, Lou, Tokoto
For 5 spots right?

EwingsGlass, I disagree about your comments on Sasha. People around here really dismiss the value of veterans and what they bring to the table. Its just not as simple as shooting, passing and boxing out. Experience means something and Sasha brings plenty to the table. I am not looking for him to play big rotation minutes, but he's a guy who can perform in spot duty, a spot start and fill in important gaps. Everyone always wants to see a young guy take those minutes and blossom into something special... I get it. Those are good stories, but you need to solid veteran play. It may not be sexy but its important.

I think Sasha and Randle are shoe ins. I think Lou makes it also, they like him. I think Plumlee, NDour and Tokoto are DLeague material. I have not seen enough of Holiday to figure out where he fits. He hasn't played well, but I know many of the Chi fans were high on him. Time will tell.. he may be a casualty.

I think we NEED Sasha and Randle.
I think Lou and Holiday are on the opening day roster because of contracts or roster makeup.
I think NDour, Baker, Plumlee and Tokoto are perfect DLeague guys and should be getting minutes there and waiting for a call up. Of those 4 I have Baker as the highest probability to make it. He's got a 6'10 wingspan and has been shooting it well... I think they have been high on him for some time.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
10/11/2016  9:24 AM
EnySpree wrote:KOQ is the one guy I will let go. With Willy, Ndour and Plumlee back there KOQ is just not bringing anything they aren't. He's making errors out there that a veteran shouldn't make. He plays like a rookie. I would try to pawn him for a draft pick if possible.
I could see Plumlee beating out KOQ and them moving Kyle. I think Willy wins the backup role. He's raw defensively. He tries but being a good NBA defender takes some time. That being said he's active on every play, setting picks, getting position... he's always looking to pass.. I am very high on Willy. You figure Noah starts, Willy backs up and KP gets time there also. After that how much more depth do you need there?
TheGardenFaithful
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6316

10/11/2016  9:32 AM
Noah/Willy/Plumlee
KP/O'Quinn/Ndour
Melo/Lance/Kuzmingaus
Lee/Holiday/Baker
Rose/Jennings/Randle

I honestly dont get why we brought back Sasha and Lou nor do i want them on our roster this season. Sasha is awful and the first thing you see when he steps on the court is him getting scored on like his first minute or so on court last night lead to two easy baskets (by his man) and a turnover, honestly Baker or Randle would be a much better pick up.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/11/2016  9:39 AM
fishmike wrote:So if I have the breakdown right its these 8:
For 5 spots right?

EwingsGlass, I disagree about your comments on Sasha. People around here really dismiss the value of veterans and what they bring to the table. Its just not as simple as shooting, passing and boxing out. Experience means something and Sasha brings plenty to the table. I am not looking for him to play big rotation minutes, but he's a guy who can perform in spot duty, a spot start and fill in important gaps. Everyone always wants to see a young guy take those minutes and blossom into something special... I get it. Those are good stories, but you need to solid veteran play. It may not be sexy but its important.

I think Sasha and Randle are shoe ins. I think Lou makes it also, they like him. I think Plumlee, NDour and Tokoto are DLeague material. I have not seen enough of Holiday to figure out where he fits. He hasn't played well, but I know many of the Chi fans were high on him. Time will tell.. he may be a casualty.

I think Lou and Holiday are on the opening day roster because of contracts or roster makeup.
I think NDour, Baker, Plumlee and Tokoto are perfect DLeague guys and should be getting minutes there and waiting for a call up. Of those 4 I have Baker as the highest probability to make it. He's got a 6'10 wingspan and has been shooting it well... I think they have been high on him for some time.

KP seems to have benefited from Sasha's mentorship. We have a few more rookies from Europe, not a bad idea to keep him around at least as a big brother. Sasha is the only one with a ring. Dont want Sasha however to take so many minutes from the rooks that it defeats the purpose of keeping him around.

I would get rid of KOQ. I thought O'Quinn going to Europe to work out with KP would have helped chemistry, but I don't see O'Quinn doing anything to help get Porzingis going, looks like it was just an angle to keep his job. As I said, having one of the longest wingspans in the league dont mean much if you have no vertical.

Finestrg
Member: #1069

10/11/2016  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  9:43 AM
Cutting the useless Amundson and Vujacic (along with Tokoto) would ensure we hold onto all of our young, promising talent -- N'Dour, Plumlee, Randle AND Baker. Also agree with Eny -- with the emergence of Plumlee in a big way here, I'd shop O'Quinn to see what I could get (although it wouldn't be an immediate necessity as long as we cut Lou, Sasha and JP to make room for the 4 more important upside players)...One caveat for me though--still not convinced about Randle. He can shoot, I like what I've seen from that standpoint but I think we need to see him handle the ball more and run the offense for longer stretches to get a better feel for him. We really don't need another SG. We need a 3rd PG. Can Randle be that guy? Maybe. Let's see more of him in that role now. And forget this Sasha at the lead guard spot alongside another SG stuff. I don't care for that at all. If Rose continues to miss time, I wanna see Randle in as soon as Jennings needs a blow. Only way we're gonna find out. Guys like Spencer Dinwiddie, Cat Barber in Philly, etc., might become available at some point. To me, Randle needs to convince me that he's worth keeping over players like that.. And we need to see more Justin Holiday. This kid's a good player. 6'6", athletic, a good defender and he can shoot/score. His PT has decreased every game so far -- 18 mins against HOU, 10 against the Nets, then only 6 last night. I'd like to see that going in the other direction. He's clearly off right now, not comfortable. Let's get him right. He could help us. With Courtney Lee looking way out of sorts, I think it'd be a good idea to establish Holiday as a rotation 2G as early as possible. I'd like to see Holiday given a real long leash here. If he didn't work out after 25-30 games or so, then I'd turn to Baker. I'd be nice to have that depth at SG though. Lee's play concerns me so far.
fishmike
USA
10/11/2016  9:47 AM
Finestrg wrote:Cutting the useless Amundson and Vujacic (along with Tokoto) would ensure we hold onto all of our young, promising talent -- N'Dour, Plumlee, Randle AND Baker. Also agree with Eny -- with the emergence of Plumlee in a big way here, I'd shop O'Quinn to see what I could get (although it wouldn't be an immediate necessity as long as we cut Lou, Sasha and JP to make room for the 4 more important upside players)...One caveat for me though--still not convinced about Randle. He can shoot, I like what I've seen from that standpoint but I think we need to see him handle the ball more and run the offense for longer stretches to get a better feel for him. We really don't need another SG. We need a 3rd PG. Can Randle be that guy? Maybe. Let's see more of him in that role now. And forget this Sasha at the lead guard spot alongside another SG stuff. I don't care for that at all. If Rose continues to miss time, I wanna see Randle in as soon as Jennings needs a blow. Only way we're gonna find out. Guys like Spencer Dinwiddie, Cat Barber in Philly, etc., might become available at some point. To me, Randle needs to convince me that he's worth keeping over players like that.. And we need to see more Justin Holiday. This kid's a good player. 6'6", athletic, a good defender and he can shoot/score. His PT has decreased every game so far -- 18 mins against HOU, 10 against the Nets, then only 6 last night. I'd like to see that going in the other direction. He's clearly off right now, not comfortable. Let's get him right. He could help us. With Courtney Lee looking way out of sorts, I think it'd be a good idea to establish Holiday as a rotation 2G as early as possible. I'd like to see Holiday given a real long leash here. If he didn't work out after 25-30 games or so, then I'd turn to Baker. I'd be nice to have that depth at SG though. Lee's play concerns me so far.

Do you value veteran play at all or is it always as simple as who has the most upside with you? Coaches don't think veteran play is useless. This seems to be something you don't value at all and argue against with great fervor.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/11/2016  10:08 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
For 5 spots right?

KP seems to have benefited from Sasha's mentorship. We have a few more rookies from Europe, not a bad idea to keep him around at least as a big brother. Sasha is the only one with a ring. Dont want Sasha however to take so many minutes from the rooks that it defeats the purpose of keeping him around.

I would get rid of KOQ. I thought O'Quinn going to Europe to work out with KP would have helped chemistry, but I don't see O'Quinn doing anything to help get Porzingis going, looks like it was just an angle to keep his job. As I said, having one of the longest wingspans in the league dont mean much if you have no vertical.

See, that role of big brother can be accomplished by calling him a Special Assistant (if and only if he sees this as the end of his career). Same goes for Lou. They do not need a roster spot to do what they do. So, I look at Baker and have the pre-season giddy that makes me see him like a solid 3&D for an entire career. Then I see Sasha who, can stick around for another year or two. Maybe I have Baker wrong, but that kid can stroke it. And he plays with fire. Seeing him get knocked down on a screen and instead of acting upset for the refs, he hustled his tail off to get back to his guy. THAT is what I want on my team. Charlie Ward style grit.

This is the Randle.
Finestrg

10/11/2016  10:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  10:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
Finestrg wrote:Cutting the useless Amundson and Vujacic (along with Tokoto) would ensure we hold onto all of our young, promising talent -- N'Dour, Plumlee, Randle AND Baker. Also agree with Eny -- with the emergence of Plumlee in a big way here, I'd shop O'Quinn to see what I could get (although it wouldn't be an immediate necessity as long as we cut Lou, Sasha and JP to make room for the 4 more important upside players)...One caveat for me though--still not convinced about Randle. He can shoot, I like what I've seen from that standpoint but I think we need to see him handle the ball more and run the offense for longer stretches to get a better feel for him. We really don't need another SG. We need a 3rd PG. Can Randle be that guy? Maybe. Let's see more of him in that role now. And forget this Sasha at the lead guard spot alongside another SG stuff. I don't care for that at all. If Rose continues to miss time, I wanna see Randle in as soon as Jennings needs a blow. Only way we're gonna find out. Guys like Spencer Dinwiddie, Cat Barber in Philly, etc., might become available at some point. To me, Randle needs to convince me that he's worth keeping over players like that.. And we need to see more Justin Holiday. This kid's a good player. 6'6", athletic, a good defender and he can shoot/score. His PT has decreased every game so far -- 18 mins against HOU, 10 against the Nets, then only 6 last night. I'd like to see that going in the other direction. He's clearly off right now, not comfortable. Let's get him right. He could help us. With Courtney Lee looking way out of sorts, I think it'd be a good idea to establish Holiday as a rotation 2G as early as possible. I'd like to see Holiday given a real long leash here. If he didn't work out after 25-30 games or so, then I'd turn to Baker. I'd be nice to have that depth at SG though. Lee's play concerns me so far.

Do you value veteran play at all or is it always as simple as who has the most upside with you? Coaches don't think veteran play is useless. This seems to be something you don't value at all and argue against with great fervor.

You're right -- in this particular case, yeah, I don't care for keeping Lou or Sasha at all over our 4 top promising young players. Absolutely. Keeping these two could put our chances of holding onto all 4 of these high upside guys at risk (what if we don't elect to keep one or two of N'Dour, Plumlee, Randle or Baker on the 15-man, they initially agree to go to Westchester but then someone comes along and offers them an NBA spot and more money? If you were their agent, would you advise them not to take that opportunity? I wouldn't. Now I see N'Dour and Plumlee already got guaranteed money, so maybe they would turn down another offer to stay in the mix for us at Westchester. Possibly. Maybe that's the new plan to circumvent things and keep guys in the fold. But Randle and Baker, as far as I know, don't have guaranteed contracts, only camp deals. Look what happened with Mark Cuban and N'Dour last summer. Dude swooped right in and stole him away. Why? Because money and a guaranteed spot (until he got hurt) was the name of the game...And not only that, but a real good agent that's been carefully observing Phil and the Knicks would warn his client all about Thanasis Antetokounmpo, how he elected to stay with the team at the DL level for awhile, only to never make it and how that could be viewed as a wasted opportunity. We're not talking about game-changing, rotation players here with Lou and Sasha anyway, right? We're talking about 2 guys that shouldn't even be playing. No doubt they've had a positive impact on some of the younger guys they've been around but I think there's more than enough of a veteran presence around to mentor guys. To me it boils down to this -- Lou/Sasha's 'mentoring' vs. ensuring we keep 4 promising players in the mix for the foreseeable future. I vote the latter. I understand Phil and the team might feel differently on this and I understand you do as well but this is how I feel, what I feel is important. You don't jeopardize keeping a promising young player because you consider Lou or Sasha a 'must have.' Neither one of those guys are 'must have' players. Not in my book.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/11/2016  10:19 AM
here's my list:

Plumlee, Ndour, Baker, Randle, Holiday(, Sasha)

that's also ranked. I think Sasha should get cut but I do know he "understands the triangle" so maybe that gives him an edge. But if this is a merit based thing Plumlee easily gets in, Ndour should too because I'm giving him credit for last year, Baker has the highest upside, Randle is getting slurped in the media by the high profile guys, and Holiday just got traded for and seemingly is a better fit than Sasha.

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
fishmike
USA
10/11/2016  10:22 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
For 5 spots right?

See, that role of big brother can be accomplished by calling him a Special Assistant (if and only if he sees this as the end of his career). Same goes for Lou. They do not need a roster spot to do what they do. So, I look at Baker and have the pre-season giddy that makes me see him like a solid 3&D for an entire career. Then I see Sasha who, can stick around for another year or two. Maybe I have Baker wrong, but that kid can stroke it. And he plays with fire. Seeing him get knocked down on a screen and instead of acting upset for the refs, he hustled his tail off to get back to his guy. THAT is what I want on my team. Charlie Ward style grit.

No it cant... the learning and the benefit comes from being a teammate. It comes from seeing an older more experienced player prepare and conduct themselves. It comes from seeing how the experienced player approaches this that or the other thing. Mentoring doesn't take place verbally, sure that's part of it. It really takes place watching how that guy prepares vs. how you prepare. How that player approaches. How that player deals with adversity, how that player deals with failure... those things aren't taught by special assistants. Those things are taught by watching your older more experienced peers navigate the season. Again... you aren't the only one that doesn't value this, but it is a reality and it is valued by coaches and players. Sasha may not excite people but he serves a role and its important.
Finestrg

10/11/2016  10:22 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  10:30 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
For 5 spots right?

Exactly. Great points. We're not even running pure triangle anyway. This is a new system for everyone, including Sasha Vujacic. And let's be frank here--dude's not even a good NBA player anymore. Hasn't been for some time. And not only that, I can see him getting torched in a reserve 3rd PG role if that's really what the team is envisioning with him (I want a legit 3rd PG in that role, ready to go if need be, not a washed up SG that was never really a good player to begin with playing out of position). And as a 2G--does anyone really want to see him playing over Justin Holiday or if Holiday doesn't work out after given a legit chance, Ron Baker? Not me...And no, you're not wrong on Baker btw. He clearly looks like a keeper. So let's make sure we keep him!

Finestrg

10/11/2016  10:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  10:35 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:here's my list:

Plumlee, Ndour, Baker, Randle, Holiday(, Sasha)

that's also ranked. I think Sasha should get cut but I do know he "understands the triangle" so maybe that gives him an edge. But if this is a merit based thing Plumlee easily gets in, Ndour should too because I'm giving him credit for last year, Baker has the highest upside, Randle is getting slurped in the media by the high profile guys, and Holiday just got traded for and seemingly is a better fit than Sasha.

Agreed. I have Sasha (and Lou) clearly behind those 5 players. Not even close. But where I do agree with fishmike -- I do think Sasha makes the team. Not because I think he deserves it but because Phil thinks he does. I could live with that if we get to keep all 4 young players in the mix with one or two agreeing to play for Westchester. Again, no guarantees there, though.

fishmike
USA
10/11/2016  10:34 AM
Finestrg wrote:
fishmike wrote:

You're right -- in this particular case, yeah, I don't care for keeping Lou or Sasha at all over our 4 top promising young players. Absolutely. Keeping these two could put our chances of holding onto all 4 of these high upside guys at risk (what if we don't elect to keep one or two of N'Dour, Plumlee, Randle or Baker on the 15-man, they initially agree to go to Westchester but then someone comes along and offers them an NBA spot and more money? If you were their agent, would you advise them not to take that opportunity? I wouldn't. Now I see N'Dour and Plumlee already got guaranteed money, so maybe they would turn down another offer to stay in the mix for us at Westchester. Possibly. Maybe that's the new plan to circumvent things and keep guys in the fold. But Randle and Baker, as far as I know, don't have guaranteed contracts, only camp deals. Look what happened with Mark Cuban and N'Dour last summer. Dude swooped right in and stole him away. Why? Because money and a guaranteed spot (until he got hurt) was the name of the game...And not only that, but a real good agent that's been carefully observing Phil and the Knicks would warn his client all about Thanasis Antetokounmpo, how he elected to stay with the team at the DL level for awhile, only to never make it and how that could be viewed as a wasted opportunity. We're not talking about game-changing, rotation players here with Lou and Sasha anyway, right? We're talking about 2 guys that shouldn't even be playing. No doubt they've had a positive impact on some of the younger guys they've been around but I think there's more than enough of a veteran presence around to mentor guys. To me it boils down to this -- Lou/Sasha's 'mentoring' vs. ensuring we keep 4 promising players in the mix for the foreseeable future. I vote the latter. I understand Phil and the team might feel differently on this and I understand you do as well but this is how I feel, what I feel is important. You don't jeopardize keeping a promising young player because you consider Lou or Sasha a 'must have.' Neither one of those guys are 'must have' players. Not in my book.

Based on this roster Sasha is must have. Jennings/Rose both have injury/durability issues and you need a veteran guard that understands where to be and what the coach wants/needs. Sasha can do that and has value to this coaching staff. I don't really see how that is up for debate.

Lou I will give you. I don't see the point over someone like NDour or Plumlee based on our depth, but he's here for a reason. "Promising" is a pretty word, but we are talking about undrafted rookie FA types. These aren't promising. They are a dime a dozen. They are AAA players. The guys that break out from that talent pool are very very rare. The upside of these guys is you may find a useful role player in the rotation.

If you really think they are promising they should go to the dleague where they should dominate. I mean Langston Galloway is more promising than these guys were are talking about. You act like we are giving away blue chip players here. Promising = bottom of the barrel prospects.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
10/11/2016  10:56 AM
Randle, Plumlee, Vujacic, NDour, and Holiday probably make it. Amundson and Tokoto almost definitely get cut. Baker could replace Vujacic if they value his upside, but i think its more likely he ends up on the DLeague team for at least this season. Probably replaces Vujacic next year. If you have Baker, then you have 6 rookies on the roster, and i don't see that happening at this point. 5 is a lot as it is.

C Noah/Hermangomez/Plumlee
PF Porzingis/O'Quinn/NDour
SF Anthony/Thomas/Kuzminskas
SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle

Finestrg

10/11/2016  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/11/2016  11:11 AM
I mentioned not being convinced yet on Chasson Randle and mentioned guys like Spencer Dinwiddie (Chi) and Cat Barber (Philly) as two guys who could get cut and become FAs by the end of camp (I also really like Bryce Cotton and Corey Walden but I see they've already signed on with other teams overseas). Another guy I've always liked and I mean REALLY liked -- Elliot Williams. I see he's on Golden State's training camp roster. He's another guy who may not stick and become a FA. I know we've worked him out a couple of years ago and never followed through with a contract but if I'm Phil and this guy becomes available, I'd reconsider him. 6'5" combo with excellent ball-handling and facilitating skills in addition to top notch scoring ability. Kinda of like a bigger version of Brandon Jennings, excitement and all..Real fine player--he deserves to be playing in the NBA somewhere. Had a few cups of coffee in the NBA after his promising start with Portland a few years back before injury and hasn't really gotten a legit shot since. Can't understand why. Definitely not because the talent level isn't there. Talent-wise, I really don't see much of a difference between CJ McCollum and Elliot Williams to be perfectly honest. A lot of times it just comes down to opportunity. CJ finally got his last year in Portland after two years of limited action and he bloomed. I'd love to see what EW could do with an expanded role for some NBA team. Yet another guy I'd keep an eye on and evaluate whether he's a better option over Randle should he become available. Played OK in Greece last year but was an absolute beast in the DL going back 2 years. This guy's the real deal imo. Worth considering.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

10/11/2016  11:39 AM
Finestrg wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
For 5 spots right?

Exactly. Great points. We're not even running pure triangle anyway. This is a new system for everyone, including Sasha Vujacic. And let's be frank here--dude's not even a good NBA player anymore. Hasn't been for some time. And not only that, I can see him getting torched in a reserve 3rd PG role if that's really what the team is envisioning with him (I want a legit 3rd PG in that role, ready to go if need be, not a washed up SG that was never really a good player to begin with playing out of position). And as a 2G--does anyone really want to see him playing over Justin Holiday or if Holiday doesn't work out after given a legit chance, Ron Baker? Not me...And no, you're not wrong on Baker btw. He clearly looks like a keeper. So let's make sure we keep him!

I wouldnt be opposed to Sasha joining the coaching staff but thats not likely to happen this season. Could care less about the Triangle, I believe Sasha is a good mentor regardless of the offense. Even if he rides the bench, Vujavic can have a positive impact on the development of the rooks. Hope KOQ is moved. When he isnt hitting his jumpers, the rest of his game isnt good enough to justify him being on the floor for long. Would rather give Plumlee or Willy his minutes.

fishmike
USA
10/11/2016  12:02 PM
Knixkik wrote:Randle, Plumlee, Vujacic, NDour, and Holiday probably make it. Amundson and Tokoto almost definitely get cut. Baker could replace Vujacic if they value his upside, but i think its more likely he ends up on the DLeague team for at least this season. Probably replaces Vujacic next year. If you have Baker, then you have 6 rookies on the roster, and i don't see that happening at this point. 5 is a lot as it is.

C Noah/Hermangomez/Plumlee
PF Porzingis/O'Quinn/NDour
SF Anthony/Thomas/Kuzminskas
SG Lee/Holiday/Vujacic
PG Rose/Jennings/Randle
Not for some here. Some here don't understand that having 5-6 guys with zero NBA experience isn't a good thing. God forbid we lose a guy who had a good summer league game for a veteran who actually knows how to play... but since Sasha "isn't a good NBA player" he can be replaced by any college player with upside.

The best is when Phil is an idiot for letting NDour go (who looks very much like a Dleague player to me). Good thing is he can be a rookie again.

Final Roster Decisions

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy