[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Zeke on FAN right now
Author Thread
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
8/6/2004  2:05 PM
I hope he educates Mad Dog.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
AUTOADVERT
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/6/2004  2:11 PM
I really wonder if Mad Dog has watched ANY NBA games in the last 5 years. This guy is just brain dead, I don't believe it.

How do these two idiots stay on the radio, it amazes me. It's fine to be against the deal, but he just said the Bulls don't get any financial flexibility from the deal! This guy is absurd.

Man I'm LOVING This. Isiah just told Mad Dog "don't cut me off, let me speak" and then went "i know a lot more about basketball than you do." mad Dog's only retort is "I've been doing radio for 12 years". What a clown I hate talk radio.

[Edited by - bigsm00th on 08/06/2004 14:16:32]
#Knickstaps
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/6/2004  2:32 PM
Turn it off!
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

8/6/2004  2:34 PM
Isiah shut mad dog the hell up he even admitted that he lost the arguement i love isiah god im glad we got him.... He also said we have a really good shot at getting dampier, he wants him and baker both and that hes working on getting it done
mintyfreshness33
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #586
USA
8/6/2004  2:57 PM
mad dog is stupid
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/6/2004  3:00 PM
Posted by Elite:

Isiah shut mad dog the hell up he even admitted that he lost the arguement i love isiah god im glad we got him.... He also said we have a really good shot at getting dampier, he wants him and baker both and that hes working on getting it done

how did it go down?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
8/6/2004  3:06 PM
That was an absolutely brutal listen. Why did Zeke agree to come on? Though Russo is an a***ol, I wasn't too impressed by Zeke using the same arguments again and again (ie. Knick fans won't stand for a rebuild, the aim is to win a championship, he was given a bad hand to play with, etc.) Also, the "I know how to win" argument was probably not the best he could have used because that only happened when he was a player, not a GM. Of course, Mad Dog is an absolutely pathetic moron for attacking him like that.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/6/2004  3:08 PM
Martin,

he basically explained what the Knicks were doing with what he inherited, didn't make excuses and said his job was to make the Knicks better regardless of the position he was working from.

The two interesting things he said were that he wants both Dampier and Baker, and that the Knicks had completed one sign and trade and are now trying to complete another. I assume that is Dampier.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2004  3:09 PM
actually Dog asked him all the questions that tabloid reports will knock Isiah for. I like the interview... I like that dog can bark at him and Isiah gives real answers. It was a good listen
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheSage
Member: #386
8/6/2004  3:27 PM
Just got back in after listening to Russo rant. His basketball knowledge is limitedand claimed that Isiah sjould have ripped the team apart and rebuilt. IT said basically he made the team younger and more athletic and that the team had a winning record after he came in. Dog's retort was that the 4 straight losses were an embarrassment. IT agreed but basically said you have to lose and learn from the losses before you start winning. IT made no excuses. When asked about Goodwin comment re the MLE for Baker-IT sidestepped the question asserting that he still wanted both Dampier and Baker and that he was working on a sign and trade. It seems like that there is at least a promise to Baker for a part of the MLE and that Dampier will have to come in a S& T.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
8/6/2004  3:59 PM
Hmmm. I wonder if Zeke sidestepping the issue implies that the MLE WILL be held back for Damps. I would hope so. In a perfect world, we get Damps for Nazr and Moochie and re-sign Baker.
¿ △ ?
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/6/2004  4:25 PM
mad dog doesn't even know what the division alignments are or the play off seeding will be.

I don't either, but I don't get paid $7 million dollars to hang out and talk sports all day.

He should and its disgraceful he doesn't
diderotn
Member: #650
USA
8/6/2004  5:51 PM
I know this much, Isiah is one guy that won't back down from anyone. For a talk show host to try to corner him is absurd. Dealing with Isiah is like dealing with Charles Barkley

Posted by franco12:

mad dog doesn't even know what the division alignments are or the play off seeding will be.

I don't either, but I don't get paid $7 million dollars to hang out and talk sports all day.

He should and its disgraceful he doesn't
The true Knickabocker..........
BigRedDog
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #569
8/6/2004  5:57 PM
one of the stupidiest things Mad Dog said was "that the knicks are going to be a 44 win team for the next 6 years" HOW THE HELL DOES THIS IDIOT KNOW THAT? can he see into the future ? He is such a MORON at times.
Briggs-- Frank is 2 yrs away from being 2 years away
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
8/6/2004  6:16 PM
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

mad dog is stupid
He is really clue less when is comes to anything other than baseball.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
8/6/2004  6:44 PM
whether or not the record is better next year- doesn't matter-

the bottom line is the talent is better- we as basketball fans can see it- we can see that Isiah has put an effort into improving this team

and if Dampier signs here for the MLE, it was only because Isiah wanted him and was aggresive in wanting him.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
8/6/2004  7:10 PM
http://wfan.com/chrismikeaudio/, yeah the interview is posted....

I just listened to Chris Russo interview Zeke on WFAN and then Steve Smith from the Chicago newspapers about the Craw deal.

Basically Russo believes-The Knicks should have rebuilt totally. He hates the Crawford deal and thinks that the Knicks settled for mediocrity. At one point he said the Knicks basically secured thet 7th seed instead of the tenth. Also he asked Zeke who the last 8 seed to win the championship was (neither could name one, but he conveniently forgot the Knicks made the Finals as an 8th seed in 1999.) Seemed pretty certain that it was a bad financial investment...

Zeke said he is building in steps. We need to lose to learn to win (that is one of the great sports enigmas, isn't it?). Also my favorite quote that Zeke had when Russo was basically badgering him (can't the guy get his sinus's cleared or something...he has the MOST annoying voice I have ever heard on any radio show in existence)..."We are trying to change the engine while 40,000 feet in the air". Admitted that money was not an issue, nor will it be, either. He is looking at talent and the team, not at the price tag.

Smith said-Craw will be no more than a 3rd guard in a very good 3 guard rotation. IMHO, the Chicago media has been against this trade since it was first talked about so take that for what you want. He also said that Craw needs to learn to play the game, essentially he is more street than old-school. Also brough up the fact that this may be a precursor to another trade (he seemed pretty sure of it, considering he hammered the point pretty hard, but he also kept sayin he didn't know. So either he is giving Zeke a hell of alot more credit than he deserves or he is plain calling him stupid). He said point blank he wouldn't do this trade if he was the Knicks.

Russo seemed pretty intent on defending his point the Knicks aren't that much improved...he also ignored the 31 mil in expiring contracts at the end of the season.
~You can't run from who you are.~
nykdunk
Member: #570
USA
8/6/2004  7:48 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by mintyfreshness33:

mad dog is stupid
He is really clue less when is comes to anything other than baseball.

you give him way too much credit.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/6/2004  8:08 PM
man if only that idoit would one day realize how stupid he sounds when he talks about basketball.

the problem is no one if there to correct him. None of the other fat slubs know anything about basketball either.

Now Joe Beningo on the other hand is the man....He actually follows the basketball and the Knicks and the Hockey and the Rangers.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
8/6/2004  8:23 PM
What Dog is failing to understand is that The Knicks are trying to fix the NBA games a year He is only familiar with the star players like Shaq, Kobe, Duncan etc. So anyone other than that is "not worth it in his eyes"

What pissed me off the most is how he kept questioning how many games Knicks fans saw the Bulls. You don't have to see every game to find out how good a player is. There's fantasy basketball and there's ESPN!!! I can't even count the number of times I saw Crawford lit up the boxscore! I'm sure you guys seen it too because we actually follow basketball.......only we're not getting paid millions of dollars. I swear I'm gonna parade when Mike and Dog are run out of town.

Zeke on FAN right now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy