[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

WFAN - MAD DOG is Against Deal
Author Thread
GoNyGoNyGo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #411
USA
8/6/2004  1:46 PM
I have been listening to Russo cut up the deal. He is upset of the $80M in salary NY is taking on and asking why, if Crawford is so good, would the Bulls let a young stud leave for basically nothing? I had to go back to my desk, so I don't know if any of you have called in and set him straight, but this guy is so dumb.

He is so anti-NY teams its ridiculous. He hates the Knicks, Mets, yanks, Jets and Giants!

As for his points, the salary is not an issue as NY will NEVER be under the CAP and at least Crawford is young and can play. WHy the BULLS who have been in last place for several years now, let him go for nothing, I don't know but I think it is a mistake on their part.

All IT has done since coming to NY is dump:
Ward, Spoon, Dice, Lampe, Vujanic, Deke, OH, FWIll, Eisley and KVH

for

Marbury, Crawford, Nazr, TT, Moochie, Penny, Baker, Ariza

THat is a miracle worker if you ask me.

CALL THE FAN AND TELL MADDOG that he is a dumb dog too!! At least Mike knows that NY has the $$ to spend and that is not an issue. I cannot determine how anyone cannot see the Knicks are much better today than yesterday!
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/6/2004  1:58 PM

Seems if anyone is against a move the knicks make, they are an idiot.

Knicks lose lots of respect always trading youth, assets, and cap friendly deals and dig bigger holes.

Now if the knicks are sub 500. next year (I don't think so, but it happens) then we have few options once again.

Its important to listen and digest other points of view. They are valid even if you don't like them.

The answer to the remarks and praise will be settled at seasons end, not the summer before.

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/6/2004  2:00 PM
It is a miracle if it translates into good team chemistry, more wins, playoff games - better then a first round exit and eventually a championship run.

Until then it is moves that have brought in some interesting names, some mediocre/questionable talent, and nothing has been proven yet.

Now I am excited as any fan is, but this team has yet to prove anything. 2004-05 should be interesting...hold on to the draft picks this time around and lets see this team gel. Then I will judge IT.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
8/6/2004  2:04 PM
why did the Nets let KMart got for nothing? Crawford's salary isnt high, its right at market value. Its par with Arenas, Richardson, Rip Hamilton, Ginobili. Its same starting $$ that Terry was offered from Utah.

This is why Mad dog is stupid and those guys knoe ZERO about basketball. Dont know the trade because of money... at least knock Crawford, because he's got a clear downside.

This to me is typical Bulls. They have failed to be patient time and time again and it burns them every time. They werent patient w/ Elton Brand, Artest or Brad Miller. They have had so much talent to work with, yet havent had the patience to either develop it or build around it with any success.

All I know is I wasnt even aware of what players made until we started to lose and I started to pay attention to such things. Nobody cares about the salary cap when your at a game, you care about watching your team win, get better and compete for a title.

Can anyone dispute the consideral talent upgrade this trade offers? Heck, even Paxson said the Knicks made out.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  2:10 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Now I am excited as any fan is, but this team has yet to prove anything. 2004-05 should be interesting...hold on to the draft picks this time around and lets see this team gel. Then I will judge IT.

EXACTLY... I wouldnt call Crawford mediocre talent. The kid has shown he can play and do some incredible things at the pro level. Jamal's improvements will come between the ears.

I'm excited because of the type of players we are getting as well. JYD is a crowd favorite because he plays with unparalled enthusiasm and hustle. Crawford is an explosive player and 24 years old.

Layden filled the roster with sloth like PFs. Isiah is filling with younger athletic high energy players.

SO MUCH has to proved ON THE COURT. The Knicks have done nothing but created interest. Now they have to show they can win basketball games and even more their division. I do feel better about that task w/ Marbury, Crawford, TT, Nazr, JYD, etc, then I did w/ KVH, McDyess, Eisley and Ward.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/6/2004  2:11 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Knicks lose lots of respect always trading youth, assets, and cap friendly deals and dig bigger holes.

Now if the knicks are sub 500. next year (I don't think so, but it happens) then we have few options once again.

Its important to listen and digest other points of view. They are valid even if you don't like them.

The answer to the remarks and praise will be settled at seasons end, not the summer before.

Well said.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
8/6/2004  2:20 PM
Please Islesfan, I agree with Nalod, but to see you agreeing with him makes me wonder. I've never heard you even remotely be open to the possibility that anything Isiah has done might actually be positive. Nalod, however, has stayed pretty even keel - he seems to understand both sides of it and takes a wait and see approach. Fishmike is slightly more positive than neutral, but he's still reserved with his optimism. You, however, seem to always try to find a way to dog Isiah without ever entertaining the possibility that what he's done might turn out allright.

[Edited by - eViL on 08/06/2004 14:20:44]
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
MS
Member: #724
8/6/2004  2:24 PM
<p>GoNYGoNY are you serious do you have any idea how easy it is to trade expiring deals for overpriced players, you are a fool if you think Isiah has worked miracles

<p>McDyess 15 million in relief Ward 6 Million in relief Mutumbo 4.5 in relief, Harington over 3 mill, Frank Williams is going to be a good player....What could you have turned that into, Shareef and Ratliff, Rasheed Wallace, Lampe and Vujanic he should have help onto down the road in case he wanted to package them to get someone in return. Lampe is 21 with a world of potential.

<p>Naz is good? What has he accomplished. Van Horn is a better player the TT by all accounts? Moochie can't shot and is too short? Penny is getting paid more than Duncan, Kobe (last year) Iverson, and McGrady,what a steal, Baker was released another huge pick-up. And grabbbed a second round pick, you could but up numbers in summer league. Lampe avegage nearly 17 last year.

<p>So lets not praise this guy, until something positive happend. Making the playoffs that was great, finishing under 500, not having a first round pick. Brilliant. Come one lets be realistic. Mike and the Dog are right on
PhilinLA
Member: #696
8/6/2004  2:24 PM
Posted by Nalod:

I don't think it's that pat. I think,just like we see here, that if someone has rational reasons to oppose a Knick deal, they are respected. For example, the Crawford deal brings an exciting talent, who might be a championship piece, but at the same time, we traded all of our disposables and made it harder to get a starting C in here. So if someone criticizes it on that level, that's fine. BUT, none of us appreciate when people who don't do their homework or are irrational, like Mad Dog, start ripping on our team. Zeke is at least trying to do something and has a plan.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/6/2004  2:26 PM
I believe Marbury and Crawford will have much better chemistry then people are predicting. As excited as I am to see H20 and Marbury on the court, I think Crawford and Marbury could potentially be one of the more dangerous combos because of their speed and ability to knock shots down.

I wouldnt mind seeing H20 slot over to the 3 and have all 3 players on the court at once...maybe TT can handle the 4 for a smaller lineup thats about speed? Will Lenny be that creative? Will the chemistry be good?

I agree interest has been created, lets see who else IT can bring in before October and ultimately how it translates on the court.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
8/6/2004  2:28 PM
Posted by Nalod:

LOL@u!

First off, NY got younger in this deal! Craw and FWill are a wash and JYD is younger than Mutombo. Secondly, NY is over the cap until H20 contract expires anyway even if they stood pat with the team that entered last season! Now they have a team that is over the cap, BUT the core of the team is YOUNG!!!!
Marbury 27
Craw 24
TT 27
Sweet 23
Nazr 27
Ariza 19
Djohnson 24
over 30-
Houston 33
Penny 33
KT 32
Baker 33

The thing is you need some veteran leadership so that is not a problem.

As for after this year, Penny, TT, Moochie and Nazr all will be entering their last years...expiring contracts worth about $39M!!! Talk about chips to make a deal!!!!!!

Penny and Moochie will be gone then...

Anderson

islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
8/6/2004  2:35 PM
What, I can't agree with Nalod?

I'm an eternal optimist. I believe in positive thinking. I'm positive that Crawford will be a negative influence. I'm positive that this trade will keep us from ever getting under the cap. I'm positive that this trade will not make us a better and more cohesive team. I'm positive that Isiah is slowly but surely putting us into a hole that we won't be able to climb out of for at least a decade. See?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/6/2004  2:37 PM
I left work early and I am watching mike and the mad dog, this idiot chris russo is saying that knicks fans will be patient for rebuilding if they knew that there was light at the end of the tunnel.. He is so full of ****!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
8/6/2004  2:43 PM
Posted by fishmike:

why did the Nets let KMart got for nothing? Crawford's salary isnt high, its right at market value. Its par with Arenas, Richardson, Rip Hamilton, Ginobili. Its same starting $$ that Terry was offered from Utah.

This is why Mad dog is stupid and those guys knoe ZERO about basketball. Dont know the trade because of money... at least knock Crawford, because he's got a clear downside.

This to me is typical Bulls. They have failed to be patient time and time again and it burns them every time. They werent patient w/ Elton Brand, Artest or Brad Miller. They have had so much talent to work with, yet havent had the patience to either develop it or build around it with any success.

All I know is I wasnt even aware of what players made until we started to lose and I started to pay attention to such things. Nobody cares about the salary cap when your at a game, you care about watching your team win, get better and compete for a title.

Can anyone dispute the consideral talent upgrade this trade offers? Heck, even Paxson said the Knicks made out.

good post, and really when you look at it,why does it matter that the owner who is a multibillionaire, wants to spen a lot of loot on his team, listen the nets owner is probably going to save 30 million dollars this year, now when the nets are out of the playoffs, do you think that the nets fans will be saying, "well that is OK, at least the nets owners have 500 mil in the bank instead of 470 mil" ? of course not, so why should we worry about how much over the cap we are? lets say the knicks were just 10 mil over the cap for the next 7 years, does that matter? would it be any different from being 50 mil over the cap? all I know is that crawford, marbs, Ariza and sweetney give us 4 very talented guys who are all 27 years and younger, they can play and still have upside.... I want to see winning basketball, I don't want to resemble the Hawks or the bulls who will be rebuilding until the cows come home, I want to win, and I want a chance at winning!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Member: #724
8/6/2004  2:44 PM
Of course fans would be patient if the Knicks made smart moves trying to rebuild which they should have started two years ago. Its very tough to swallow missing the Playoffs, but if we had played our cards right like the Nuggets or the Pacers your telling me you wouldn't have been patient......please lets get excited about a team that just puts itself farther in cap hell year after year
GoNyGoNyGo
USA
8/6/2004  2:51 PM
Posted by MS:

<p>GoNYGoNY are you serious do you have any idea how easy it is to trade expiring deals for overpriced players, you are a fool if you think Isiah has worked miracles

<p>McDyess 15 million in relief Ward 6 Million in relief Mutumbo 4.5 in relief, Harington over 3 mill, Frank Williams is going to be a good player....What could you have turned that into, Shareef and Ratliff, Rasheed Wallace, Lampe and Vujanic he should have help onto down the road in case he wanted to package them to get someone in return. Lampe is 21 with a world of potential.

<p>Naz is good? What has he accomplished. Van Horn is a better player the TT by all accounts? Moochie can't shot and is too short? Penny is getting paid more than Duncan, Kobe (last year) Iverson, and McGrady,what a steal, Baker was released another huge pick-up. And grabbbed a second round pick, you could but up numbers in summer league. Lampe avegage nearly 17 last year.

<p>So lets not praise this guy, until something positive happend. Making the playoffs that was great, finishing under 500, not having a first round pick. Brilliant. Come one lets be realistic. Mike and the Dog are right on

Ok, Let's be realistic. You are sayung that Lampe will be good. I agree he MAY be but you traded him to get an ALL-STAR PG! NY has needed one since Clyde left.

The record after Lenny took over was a couple over 500. The team has improved and will probably improve more before camp. Lets see what the team is but at this time, I'd bet this team can win 45-48 games this year. IMPROVEMENT.

They need a force in the post, I grant you. Rasheed was not an option once he was traded to Detroit. That is realistic. If he was a HAWK, I bet NY would have him right now. SAR and Ratliffe are under contract now. Don't you think IT tried to get Rasheed at the deadline for Deke and OH? They were not biting!!!!! Why ? They got 2 better players!! Who did ATl get for an expiring contract of Rasheed? Not much eh?

Penny is overpaid now. No doubt but he has 2 years left...He expires before Houston and Anderson!!!!! Layden signees.

Last season, NO ONE could imagine Marbury a Knick. It happened. No one could imagine VC saying he wants to play here, it is happening. No one was excited about this team. It is happening. Yes, NY will have much to pay out but they can afford it. NY has $$$, they are the 2nd most valued NBA team!!!

I think legit questions are Chemistry, Wilkens, and a need to play D and find a force in the post. Sweets could be the guy but not likely. Damps for one year is a nice proposition but not long term. They will have $$ to spend next year in expiring deals to get the C they need and the youth they have will still be young enough and have more chemistry by then.

The glass is half FULL, drink it up.
fishmike
USA
8/6/2004  2:52 PM
Posted by eViL:

Please Islesfan, I agree with Nalod, but to see you agreeing with him makes me wonder. I've never heard you even remotely be open to the possibility that anything Isiah has done might actually be positive. Nalod, however, has stayed pretty even keel - he seems to understand both sides of it and takes a wait and see approach. Fishmike is slightly more positive than neutral, but he's still reserved with his optimism. You, however, seem to always try to find a way to dog Isiah without ever entertaining the possibility that what he's done might turn out allright.

lol... trying logic will have no avail. Its been tried before.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
Posted by islesfan:

What, I can't agree with Nalod?

I'm an eternal optimist. I believe in positive thinking. I'm positive that Crawford will be a negative influence. I'm positive that this trade will keep us from ever getting under the cap. I'm positive that this trade will not make us a better and more cohesive team. I'm positive that Isiah is slowly but surely putting us into a hole that we won't be able to climb out of for at least a decade. See?

Wow
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
Posted by eViL:

That's a great post. Some people have a personality where they just like to always complain. Just get used to it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/6/2004  2:55 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by eViL:

lol... trying logic will have no avail. Its been tried before.
Yup; logic won't work when you have Pessimistic Personality Disorder
WFAN - MAD DOG is Against Deal

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy