[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Inside look at first scrimmage.
Author Thread
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/29/2016  12:59 PM
crzymdups wrote:Sounds like Phil is still somewhat hands on about the Triangle. Hope this doesn't undermine Horny.

Horny's established as a quality coach. I don't think we're dealing with the level of insecurity and (apparent)instability we were with DFish.
He's probably happy to get some input from ZenKing. 13 rings has got to mean something.

You have to be able to psychologically help your players, support-wise, be in touch with them, so I think managing people is very important.
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2016  1:13 PM
crzymdups wrote:Sounds like Phil is still somewhat hands on about the Triangle. Hope this doesn't undermine Horny.

Update:

When phil explained it to Rose "Its like a three way, if you have the ball, then you can go to the "Hole" or pass it to the post! Rose said he liked to "Watch" when he don't have the ball and a teammate is taking it to the "Hole", but Phil said that was ok, but he still had to "move without it". Rose was still unsure until Rambis told him moving without the ball is like self stimulation, you need to stay engaged and be ready to make a move!
Rose was cool.

Problem on the next play was he hesitated, as if waiting for Hornacek to call a play. Phil said he should go on instinct, rose, again unsure was told, "in that instance, you don't need coach's consent!". Rose then nodded and ran the rest of the scrimmage without incident.

After practice he was asked about it and said, "Its complicated", but "We Men!"

smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
9/29/2016  1:16 PM
crzymdups wrote:

Second unit beats the first unit.

N'Dour and Willy have been looking good. Jennings is an impressive engine for the second unit... though his shot selection will drive people here insane.

Seems like we could have a high energy, defensively solid, but maybe offensively wobbly second unit.

Honestly, when was the last time we had a team where the starters weren't outplayed by the bench? Was the case even back in 1999!

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/29/2016  1:38 PM

Just in case Knicks fans are feeling too uppity - remember there's a storm brewing out West.

¿ △ ?
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/29/2016  1:41 PM
Nalod wrote:

Update:

When phil explained it to Rose "Its like a three way, if you have the ball, then you can go to the "Hole" or pass it to the post! Rose said he liked to "Watch" when he don't have the ball and a teammate is taking it to the "Hole", but Phil said that was ok, but he still had to "move without it". Rose was still unsure until Rambis told him moving without the ball is like self stimulation, you need to stay engaged and be ready to make a move!
Rose was cool.

Problem on the next play was he hesitated, as if waiting for Hornacek to call a play. Phil said he should go on instinct, rose, again unsure was told, "in that instance, you don't need coach's consent!". Rose then nodded and ran the rest of the scrimmage without incident.

Just be happy that Rose likes to get his teammates involved....very unselfish in that regard.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2016  1:43 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/29/2016  2:03 PM
Nalod wrote:

Update:

Rose was cool.

LOL

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/29/2016  2:11 PM
crzymdups wrote:

N'Dour and Willy have been looking good. Jennings is an impressive engine for the second unit... though his shot selection will drive people here insane.

Seems like we could have a high energy, defensively solid, but maybe offensively wobbly second unit.

I wonder if somewhere down the line were going to mix and match. I dont see unit 1 as particularly fast. I think they have to be open to fit in terms of chemistry and performance. I dont see where we need to keep Plumlee with Willy G KP Noah Oquinn. If Randle or Baker show out--or both--its better to keep the smalls since we have two young bigs.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/29/2016  2:57 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
I wonder if somewhere down the line were going to mix and match. I dont see unit 1 as particularly fast. I think they have to be open to fit in terms of chemistry and performance. I dont see where we need to keep Plumlee with Willy G KP Noah Oquinn. If Randle or Baker show out--or both--its better to keep the smalls since we have two young bigs.

I agree - I don't see Plumlee sticking. Seems like Randle is playing well so far and he obviously turned around the summer league team. It'd be nice to see him stick with the team, maybe stash Baker in Westchester for a bit.

Willy looks really solid so far. He knows what he's doing on offense at least. It'll be interesting to see what his D looks like in pre-season games.

I see the starters playing a more methodical passing game and the bench being more of a running unit just based on personnel. We'll see how it plays out. I think mixing and matching is probably a good idea. KP at center in the second unit, or playing alongside Willy G or KOQ might make sense. Jennings breaking down the D for KP and setting him up in pick and pop situations could work nicely.

¿ △ ?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/29/2016  3:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
crzymdups wrote:

I think Plumlee ends in the Dleague and we keep a guard. Noah/KP/Willie/KOQ are plenty up front. That doesn't include Melo/Ndour/Lance who can all play the 4 as well. Hard to see how we don't keep a guard.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/29/2016  3:28 PM
Nalod wrote:

Update:

Rose was cool.

that's not funny

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Gudris
Member: #6213

9/29/2016  5:09 PM
Why there was no shots by KP ? are they hiding something ?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/29/2016  6:58 PM
Gudris wrote:Why there was no shots by KP ? are they hiding something ?

You've gotta look at the new scrimmage video:

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=55147

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/30/2016  1:24 AM
Why do people really think Play is a better shooter than Curry when he has never shot better than Curry from 2 or 3 since he has been in the league. Maybe it's because Thompson has the better looking form
Inside look at first scrimmage.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy