[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Inside look at first scrimmage.
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2016  8:41 PM
Hornacek said that he planned to have the team practice at high speed and perhaps start off the season like that and gradually pull back. He said he wanted them to get used to playing that way but obviously it's a long season so you can't expect the team to go at breakneck speed for all 82. Still finding the right pace for them to be at their best is his goal.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  9:21 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Just imagine for a moment, for a second, what this season could be like if Derrick Rose's legs are the healthiest they've been since that crappy day in 2012. If Noah can stay healthy? With his passing and defense? If KP can have a little better shot selection and 3pt shooting and make some more progress? If Melo can be Dad Melo and facilitate and pick his spots to score and not have to carry the full load? If CLee just keeps being CLee aka exactly what we need at SG?

I think it has the potential to be a starting five where all the guys make each other better. I can't wait to see how they fit together.

Man, the potential of this team... it could be a very fun season. I'm usually somewhat optimistic about this team... but I honestly feel like if things break right, they're a second round playoffs team and with the right matchups could be an ECF team.

This. There is a ton of potential with this team.
Agree. Its going to be a fun preseason. November baby!
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  9:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
crzymdups wrote:Just imagine for a moment, for a second, what this season could be like if Derrick Rose's legs are the healthiest they've been since that crappy day in 2012. If Noah can stay healthy? With his passing and defense? If KP can have a little better shot selection and 3pt shooting and make some more progress? If Melo can be Dad Melo and facilitate and pick his spots to score and not have to carry the full load? If CLee just keeps being CLee aka exactly what we need at SG?

I think it has the potential to be a starting five where all the guys make each other better. I can't wait to see how they fit together.

Man, the potential of this team... it could be a very fun season. I'm usually somewhat optimistic about this team... but I honestly feel like if things break right, they're a second round playoffs team and with the right matchups could be an ECF team.

Can't wait for some game action. Besides the starters, BJ and LT, there are so many players that we have yet to see actually play. Ndour, Kuz, Willy, Randle etc. It's going to be very interesting to watch these guys in preseason.
fishmike
USA
9/28/2016  9:51 PM
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Can't wait for some game action. Besides the starters, BJ and LT, there are so many players that we have yet to see actually play. Ndour, Kuz, Willy, Randle etc. It's going to be very interesting to watch these guys in preseason.
yea I am actually very excited for preseason for that reason. Willy looks like a tank. NDour and Kuz look like great uptempo forwards.. who knows how good (if at all) they are but I really like what we have done with the bottom of the roster.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/28/2016  10:12 PM
dk7th wrote:

their predicted record of around 38 to 40 wins is based on the injury factor. without injury they could be a 46-50 win team. with decent chemistry they could make it past the first round. a lot of "ifs" surrounding injury and chemistry though....

Injuries are the only thing that can derail this train

ES
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  10:30 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

their predicted record of around 38 to 40 wins is based on the injury factor. without injury they could be a 46-50 win team. with decent chemistry they could make it past the first round. a lot of "ifs" surrounding injury and chemistry though....

Let us not forget:

Projected records, win totals, standings for every NBA team's 2016-17 season
by Kevin Pelton on 2016-08-12 02:07:00 UTC

13. New York Knicks
Projected wins: 34.7

The Knicks would certainly be disappointed if they improved just three wins after spending freely this summer, but RPM rates Derrick Rose (minus-2.3) as a replacement-level contributor at this point and is skeptical of New York's weak bench.

It seems that as we moved along predictions have been creeping up and now the idea is that the low predictions were all based on health, when that's not how they started off judging this team.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/29/2016  2:27 AM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

yea I am actually very excited for preseason for that reason. Willy looks like a tank. NDour and Kuz look like great uptempo forwards.. who knows how good (if at all) they are but I really like what we have done with the bottom of the roster.

I agree on Willy. He looks like he can help right away inside off the bench--setting picks and getting easy baskets. I can see 60% shooting and some nice play off the bench right away.

RIP Crushalot😞
blkexec
Member: #748
9/29/2016  7:54 AM
Finally.....a thread that gets fans excited. Now this is what a UK site should do for knick fans who suffered for over 20 years of mediocrity.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fishmike
USA
9/29/2016  8:17 AM
blkexec wrote:Finally.....a thread that gets fans excited. Now this is what a UK site should do for knick fans who suffered for over 20 years of mediocrity.

Well they don't log advanced stats in scrimmages so people actually have to watch the play as it takes place. Generally when people watch its more exciting.

Knicks have a real team again... now lets just see how good they are

dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/29/2016  9:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  9:14 AM
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Let us not forget:

13. New York Knicks

The Knicks would certainly be disappointed if they improved just three wins after spending freely this summer, but RPM rates Derrick Rose (minus-2.3) as a replacement-level contributor at this point and is skeptical of New York's weak bench.

It seems that as we moved along predictions have been creeping up and now the idea is that the low predictions were all based on health, when that's not how they started off judging this team.

not for me. i still see a team winning between 38-43 games. if they defy the injury odds-- a big if-- you can start dreaming about padding the wins another 3-4 games. that's probably enough to get to the playoffs as an 8th seed or even 7th.

so far as getting past the first round, the knicks' defense will need to be a top 10 defense-- there is no guarantee the knicks will gel offensively. however, if they learn how to play together as a unit-- a big if-- they could make it to the second round.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
nixluva
USA
9/29/2016  9:49 AM
dk7th wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
dk7th wrote:

Let us not forget:

13. New York Knicks

not for me. i still see a team winning between 38-43 games. if they defy the injury odds-- a big if-- you can start dreaming about padding the wins another 3-4 games. that's probably enough to get to the playoffs as an 8th seed or even 7th.

so far as getting past the first round, the knicks' defense will need to be a top 10 defense-- there is no guarantee the knicks will gel offensively. however, if they learn how to play together as a unit-- a big if-- they could make it to the second round.

I think that when you have a well put together roster with talent it makes it easier for that team to come together. It's not like in the past where we had a bunch of less talented vets and some young players who didn't know how to win. This team has more talent and more guys who know how to play in the NBA. Before we get to any inexperienced kids, we already have enough vets for the rotation. That's a big difference for this team coming together.

Hopefully this group can come together much faster than our most recent teams. I don't see it being a "big if" for vets that have won before coming together as a unit. We have leaders on this team that know what to do!!!

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/29/2016  11:02 AM
nixluva wrote:
martin wrote:

Noah, all NBA first team 2014, NBA All Defensive Player of the Year 2014
KP, Unicorn
DadMelo, Olympic Melo
Lee, solid 2way SG
Rose, former MVP

Solid group with a ton of potential

Plus Hornacek who was runner up for COY

Willy, Best Friend of Unicorn, Wile E. Around the Rim
Kuz - explosive hops, another 3 goes down!
Lance - Mr. 600 shots a day is rested, another year of seasoning, 2nd unit anchor
Jennings - Mr. I Have a NYC-sized Chip on My Shoulder
Randle - the Wild Card...that D looked nice in SL
Sasha - every team needs a coach in uniform

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2016  11:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  11:13 AM
Looking forward to preseason. Curious to see how the starters move the ball, how much of a spark the second unit can bring.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/29/2016  11:23 AM
GustavBahler wrote:Looking forward to preseason. Curious to see how the starters move the ball, how much of a spark the second unit can bring.

Can't believe there's already a game next Tuesday! Though it sounds like DRose will probably not be there for that one.

¿ △ ?
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2016  11:26 AM
crzymdups wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Looking forward to preseason. Curious to see how the starters move the ball, how much of a spark the second unit can bring.

Can't believe there's already a game next Tuesday! Though it sounds like DRose will probably not be there for that one.

Didnt even realize that, thats awesome, finally!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/29/2016  11:38 AM
CrushAlot wrote:That was awesome. O'Quinn looks a lot lighter. Also, I like that Hornacek likes to have them scrimmaging.

That's what I thought, too. KOQ looks much lighter and was pretty active in that clip. I've never been a big fan, but I could easily become one if his energy management (due to being lighter) impacts his game. He definitely has NBA talent.

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/29/2016  11:40 AM
nixluva wrote:

Careful, the Happy NYK Fan Police will accuse you of Nixluva-itis!

Watching Pavvy's recent mix and these sorts of clips is starting to give me Nixluva-itis. I'm hoping it's a communicable disease that is contagious through internet connections.

crzymdups
USA
9/29/2016  12:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  12:52 PM

Second unit beats the first unit.

N'Dour and Willy have been looking good. Jennings is an impressive engine for the second unit... though his shot selection will drive people here insane.

Seems like we could have a high energy, defensively solid, but maybe offensively wobbly second unit.

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
9/29/2016  12:44 PM
ruh roh

¿ △ ?
crzymdups
USA
9/29/2016  12:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  12:51 PM
Sounds like Phil is still somewhat hands on about the Triangle. Hope this doesn't undermine Horny.

¿ △ ?
Inside look at first scrimmage.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy