[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If It's Still the Triangle, Then . . .
Author Thread
Malcolm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6131

9/28/2016  8:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 9/28/2016  8:40 AM
Last year the Knicks brought the ball up court deliberately,
with intention of setting up the Triangle.

But since they were so inexperienced/incompetent in running
Triangle sets, they'd too often run out of clock before getting
usefully into it and have to resort to trash to try to score.

THAT'S why Rambis replaced Afflalo with Vujacic -- who is the
only Knick who can actually play the Triangle at a speed that
promises good chance of success.

Now . . . Hornacek is going to have Knicks fast break up the
court.

Good. That'll not only provide fast break points, but get the
Knicks into the Triangle with more time left (if they don't
score on the fast break).

BUT . . . the Knicks start the season STILL incompetent in the
Triangle. Nothing's changed in that respect.

So we still got the Triangle learning curve . . . and I hope
Hornacek will let Rambis address that.

AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/28/2016  8:53 AM
The only thing I want Rambis to address is what Hornacek wants for lunch. Rambis has proven himself to be one of the worst coaches in NBA history, he is lucky to have a job coaching in this league. Not sure what you see in him.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2016  9:48 AM
Well first off, Noah is an EXCELLENT post passer and he already has played in that Triangle style. This is the most important aspect of making it work. Guys cutting is not hard. It's having the passers who can read the situation and deliver the ball. Lopez actually hurt that as did Afflalo. Jose hurt the Triangle because he refused to really drive or cut with purpose and he couldn't get to the rim or finish so you take that out of the mix. Now we have guards that can and will do those things. It's simply not true that this team will struggle in the same way. Some Noah passing magic!

mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/28/2016  11:14 AM
GustavBahler wrote:The only thing I want Rambis to address is what Hornacek wants for lunch. Rambis has proven himself to be one of the worst coaches in NBA history, he is lucky to have a job coaching in this league. Not sure what you see in him.

LOL

so here is what phil is thinking ....
nixluva
USA
9/28/2016  7:49 PM
These are the most definitive statements from Hornacek so far about his version of the Triangle and Phil giving him the freedom to do what he wants.

Hornacek can tweak the triangle: Here's Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek reiterating again that he'll have the freedom to tweak the triangle offense: "We talked a lot about it over the summer. Phil [Jackson's] given us the ability to run it anyway we want, how we set it up. We talked what we feel is a good working way to run it with different options. We'll get to all those as the year progresses, but it should be pretty easy." Jackson has told Hornacek that it's important to allow the players to feel creative in the triangle alignment, which the Knicks will use to space the floor in half-court sets.

"I think maybe the previous teams here were trying to learn it, trying to do it right," Hornacek said. "Phil always stresses to me that you got to let these guys be creative. They're out there on the court. I think the same way. When I played, coaches were saying the same thing. It's putting a little bit on them, little bit more to not go crazy and not make bad shots. But we're giving them the ability to do different things out of it. As long as they stay in that spacing."

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-knicks/post/_/id/65284/carmelo-anthony-the-knicks-needed-joakim-noahs-intensity
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

9/29/2016  1:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/29/2016  1:15 PM

That extra 75% is a killer

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/29/2016  1:20 PM
GustavBahler wrote:The only thing I want Rambis to address is what Hornacek wants for lunch. Rambis has proven himself to be one of the worst coaches in NBA history, he is lucky to have a job coaching in this league. Not sure what you see in him.

He has cred and bling as an assistant. That's all we have to see. The man with 11 coaching rings see's it.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

9/29/2016  1:24 PM
nixluva wrote:Well first off, Noah is an EXCELLENT post passer and he already has played in that Triangle style. This is the most important aspect of making it work. Guys cutting is not hard. It's having the passers who can read the situation and deliver the ball. Lopez actually hurt that as did Afflalo. Jose hurt the Triangle because he refused to really drive or cut with purpose and he couldn't get to the rim or finish so you take that out of the mix. Now we have guards that can and will do those things. It's simply not true that this team will struggle in the same way. Some Noah passing magic!

Noah is one of the best passing big men of ever seen. Also, he is an intelligent player who has bonded with Phil. I would be willing to bet that in the half court the triangle will get initiated by Noah

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

9/29/2016  1:39 PM
Hopefully in this instance.....

Horny doesn't equal Don Nelson and Phil doesn't equal Patrick Ewing.

nixluva
USA
9/29/2016  2:16 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:
nixluva wrote:Well first off, Noah is an EXCELLENT post passer and he already has played in that Triangle style. This is the most important aspect of making it work. Guys cutting is not hard. It's having the passers who can read the situation and deliver the ball. Lopez actually hurt that as did Afflalo. Jose hurt the Triangle because he refused to really drive or cut with purpose and he couldn't get to the rim or finish so you take that out of the mix. Now we have guards that can and will do those things. It's simply not true that this team will struggle in the same way. Some Noah passing magic!

Noah is one of the best passing big men of ever seen. Also, he is an intelligent player who has bonded with Phil. I would be willing to bet that in the half court the triangle will get initiated by Noah

We definitely missed the Pivot passing last year. Noah definitely needs to be used to execute passing to cutters and shooters coming around on curls etc. That is the half court stuff.

I think Rose was having initial issues with how to transition into the Side Triangle stuff by reading what the D is doing as he comes up the floor and making the right decision whether to explore Early Offense or set up in half court. Then you have other reads that the new guys have to get used to, but in time it all becomes much easier.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/29/2016  5:03 PM
Nalod wrote:

He has cred and bling as an assistant. That's all we have to see. The man with 11 coaching rings see's it.

I see one of the worst records as a coach in the history of this league. I see someone who had teams of all types and couldnt make it work anywhere, including here. Phil sees a longtime friend and doesn't care what kind of a job he does. Phil was ready to hand him the full time job in spite of showing absolutely nothing as a head coach, again.

Thats friendship, little else.

If It's Still the Triangle, Then . . .

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy