Article: Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
9/28/2016  11:27 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:One thing... Rose is clearly and vocally letting everyone know that his job is to get people shots, that its Melo's team and that is #1 role is NOT to be a bigtime scorer, but more a true PG.

Has Rose ever said those types of things to start a season?

Agreed. Another thing to be excited about is that it's the first time in several years that he has been healthy in the off season. He is coming into camp in the best shape in quite some time.

Its all wait and see and you know in UK land you are only as good as your last season's WS/48 and we know Rose was about the worst player in the NBA last year (yes that's me being sarcastic) but the bottom line is he's very talented, brings tons of skill to the table and has been vocal about taking less of a role/responsibility than he has in the past. Forgot about being in good shape as you will be reminded of how Amare was in great shape as well. We will just have to wait for the basketball to start, but I agree with you. I think we are getting a very good player at a good time in his career to be a long time contributor. Time will tell. I like how this squad is built and Rose's new role now vs. being the alpha scorer in the past should show us plenty about what kind of player this is. Looking forward actually watching some hoops soon.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
9/28/2016  12:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:One thing... Rose is clearly and vocally letting everyone know that his job is to get people shots, that its Melo's team and that is #1 role is NOT to be a bigtime scorer, but more a true PG.

Agreed. Another thing to be excited about is that it's the first time in several years that he has been healthy in the off season. He is coming into camp in the best shape in quite some time.

Its all wait and see and you know in UK land you are only as good as your last season's WS/48 and we know Rose was about the worst player in the NBA last year (yes that's me being sarcastic) but the bottom line is he's very talented, brings tons of skill to the table and has been vocal about taking less of a role/responsibility than he has in the past. Forgot about being in good shape as you will be reminded of how Amare was in great shape as well. We will just have to wait for the basketball to start, but I agree with you. I think we are getting a very good player at a good time in his career to be a long time contributor. Time will tell. I like how this squad is built and Rose's new role now vs. being the alpha scorer in the past should show us plenty about what kind of player this is. Looking forward actually watching some hoops soon.

+1, especially the good time in his career part.

He's not going to need to be MVP Rose. Which is good, because his age and knees aren't going to allow for that. Nor does this team need that. He's got two teammates he's already familiar with, he's got a unicorn and he's deferring to Melo on Day 1.

I think Amare was a bit more brittle than Rose at this point. I haven't heard anyone making the 'glass knees' comments we read about un-insurable Stat. Additionally, if Stat hadn't been the only real horse for Pringles to run into the ground to start that season, possibly his outcome would have been different here.

Horny's got some options. Having a hungry Jennings, a possible Randle and even just some spare minutes from Sasha is going to be nice to have.

nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/28/2016  4:04 PM
jrodmc wrote:
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

+1, especially the good time in his career part.

He's not going to need to be MVP Rose. Which is good, because his age and knees aren't going to allow for that. Nor does this team need that. He's got two teammates he's already familiar with, he's got a unicorn and he's deferring to Melo on Day 1.

I think Amare was a bit more brittle than Rose at this point. I haven't heard anyone making the 'glass knees' comments we read about un-insurable Stat. Additionally, if Stat hadn't been the only real horse for Pringles to run into the ground to start that season, possibly his outcome would have been different here.

Horny's got some options. Having a hungry Jennings, a possible Randle and even just some spare minutes from Sasha is going to be nice to have.

Yeah this roster has much more depth than Amar'e had in his 1st year. Plus as you say Amar'e had been playing on knees with Microfracture Cartilage as opposed to his original Cartilage. Rose had a partial tear of a Meniscus but had it repaired rather than cut out. There's a big difference in the situation cuz Rose still has his cartilage. If he's not going nutz like when he was young but instead looking to setup Melo, KP etc, then it should help to lessen the wear and tear. Plus there's just no way to compare having Jennings and possibly Randle as options. We never had that kind of quality off the bench.

Article: Derrick Rose Doesn’t Miss Threes In Training Camp

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy