[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

L.A. police investigating complaint against Knicks guard Derrick Rose
Author Thread
mreinman
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3189

9/26/2016  10:46 AM
The Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed it continues to investigate a complaint filed against New York Knicks guard Derrick Rose, but said there is no timetable on if or when the case will be closed.

A woman filed a civil sexual assault case against Rose on Aug. 26, 2015, saying Rose and two friends raped her. The suit accused Rose and his friends of slipping a drug into her drink before committing the sexual acts against her will.

Detective Nadine Hernandez said the case has been ongoing for less than a year, but said the exact date of when the complaint was filed with the LAPD is under seal. She said Rose has not been interviewed, though an "offer is on the table" for him to speak, adding there is no timetable to conclude the investigation.

"We have to let the investigation go where it takes us," Hernandez said.

In July, a federal judge denied Rose's motion to dismiss the case. It is scheduled to start Oct. 4 in Los Angeles.

Earlier this month, U.S. District Court Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald ruled that the woman's identity would not be protected in the case. ESPN does not routinely release the names of sexual assault accusers, and has not done so in this case.

ESPN Knicks reporter Ian Begley contributed to this report

so here is what phil is thinking ....
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
9/26/2016  11:10 AM
The media is trying to make it seem like something has changed but in reality all that has happened is that they have more confirmation of what was already known. TMZ had stated there was an investigation already. They noted that the accuser first tried to get a settlement, then filed the Civil Suit then later filed a Police Report. Nothing has changed.

The accuser in the Derrick Rose rape case filed a police report with the LAPD two years after the alleged incident ... after she had already sued the NBA star in civil court ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We broke the story ... a woman identified as Jane Doe is suing Rose for more than $20 MILLION, claiming he and friends gang raped her in 2013 after a night of partying.
The obvious question ... why didn't she go straight to police?

We asked her attorney, Brandon Anand, who says there's a perfectly logical explanation.

"She was scared and didn't know what happened. She was in a state of shock and denial."

Doe filed her lawsuit in August 2015. Law enforcement sources confirm she filed her police report AFTER she filed her lawsuit.
Anand says he can explain that too ... the statute of limitations on civil suits was winding down and they wanted to file the lawsuit before time ran out. After that, they filed the police report.

We're told Doe tried to reach a settlement with Rose before she took legal action -- "but [Rose] didn't acknowledge any wrongdoing," so she decided to get the authorities involved.

The civil trial is set to begin in October. The criminal investigation is ongoing.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/15/derrick-rose-rape-accuser-filed-police-report-2-years-after-incident/

Another key point is that the investigation is ongoing but Charges have not reached the DA!

In Rose's case, there as yet are no criminal charges. The woman went to Los Angeles police two years after the incident and so far no evidence has been forwarded to the district attorney's office for review and possible prosecution, DA spokeswoman Jane Robison said.
http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/derrick-rose-sexual-assault-lawsuit-393483461.html

We're still in the same position as before, but the Media is playing this up.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
9/26/2016  11:25 AM
She's probably filing criminal charges now to make her civil trial case look better.

Honestly, it makes it look worse to me. Why wait so long to file criminal charges? Something about this case seems fishy as hell to me.

¿ △ ?
nixluva
USA
9/26/2016  11:44 AM
crzymdups wrote:She's probably filing criminal charges now to make her civil trial case look better.

Honestly, it makes it look worse to me. Why wait so long to file criminal charges? Something about this case seems fishy as hell to me.

Although it doesn't really change the facts of whether Rose is guilty of what she claims or not, the fact that she 1st tried to reach a settlement, then filed the Civil Suit and then later filed the Police report doesn't help her look good in this. That order of actions makes her look like she was more concerned with money than actually getting justice for a rape. The filing of the Police Report looks like a pressure tactic. She could always decide not to Drop the charges if they reached a settlement.
crzymdups
USA
9/26/2016  11:47 AM
nixluva wrote:
crzymdups wrote:She's probably filing criminal charges now to make her civil trial case look better.

Although it doesn't really change the facts of whether Rose is guilty of what she claims or not, the fact that she 1st tried to reach a settlement, then filed the Civil Suit and then later filed the Police report doesn't help her look good in this. That order of actions makes her look like she was more concerned with money than actually getting justice for a rape. The filing of the Police Report looks like a pressure tactic. She could always decide not to Drop the charges if they reached a settlement.

True.

The other part of this case that seems fishy is that the civil trial judge said she couldn't be anonymous. That to me strikes me as weird... unless the judge sort of doubted her story.

¿ △ ?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/26/2016  11:58 AM
Seems like Rose does not yield to the threats by lawyers to use public disclosure(s) as leverage to settle.
Dude wants his day in court.

Timing of trail was masterful, getting it a the start of training cap. Very good.
Make it public putting his sponserships at risk.
Using the public thru out.

No doubt she is winning by damaging his reputation. I hope he knows what he is doing.
Im rooting for justice.
Rose needs to be "On the court", not "in the court"!!!!!!

crzymdups
USA
9/26/2016  12:02 PM
Nalod wrote:Seems like Rose does not yield to the threats by lawyers to use public disclosure(s) as leverage to settle.
Dude wants his day in court.

Timing of trail was masterful, getting it a the start of training cap. Very good.
Make it public putting his sponserships at risk.
Using the public thru out.

No doubt she is winning by damaging his reputation. I hope he knows what he is doing.
Im rooting for justice.
Rose needs to be "On the court", not "in the court"!!!!!!

He seems to believe he's innocent.

¿ △ ?
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
9/26/2016  12:20 PM
The story seems all off to me. First she wanted to get picked up for work. Then she was passed out when they got there because she may have been drunk already. Then they entered without her permission and slipped something in her drink even though she was already passed out?
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
9/26/2016  12:22 PM

Fisrt she tried to get HUSH MONEY, then she filed a civil complaint, then the criminal complaint, the she sues...This is all about money, which is why the police didn't even interview him.

Her case looks so weak, and petty, which is why he isn't losing any sleep

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/26/2016  12:37 PM
Nothing new....

Today is Knicks media day so that explains everything.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/26/2016  1:34 PM
mreinman wrote:The Los Angeles Police Department has confirmed it continues to investigate a complaint filed against New York Knicks guard Derrick Rose, but said there is no timetable on if or when the case will be closed.

A woman filed a civil sexual assault case against Rose on Aug. 26, 2015, saying Rose and two friends raped her. The suit accused Rose and his friends of slipping a drug into her drink before committing the sexual acts against her will.

Detective Nadine Hernandez said the case has been ongoing for less than a year, but said the exact date of when the complaint was filed with the LAPD is under seal. She said Rose has not been interviewed, though an "offer is on the table" for him to speak, adding there is no timetable to conclude the investigation.

"We have to let the investigation go where it takes us," Hernandez said.

In July, a federal judge denied Rose's motion to dismiss the case. It is scheduled to start Oct. 4 in Los Angeles.

Earlier this month, U.S. District Court Judge Michael W. Fitzgerald ruled that the woman's identity would not be protected in the case. ESPN does not routinely release the names of sexual assault accusers, and has not done so in this case.

ESPN Knicks reporter Ian Begley contributed to this report

"We have to let the investigation go where you takes us."

HILARIOUS 😂

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

9/26/2016  2:07 PM
Looks like the UK faithful mostly don't believe her and say that she looks bad.

Maybe she looks bad especially with the slut shaming defense in full effect but DERRICK ROSE LOOKS PRETTY AWFUL TOO.

callmened
Member: #4234

9/26/2016  2:09 PM
this is getting embarrassing for the knicks. there ALWAYS something going on. however regardless of how this effects the knicks, i hope justice is correctly served
Knicks should be improved: win about 40 games and maybe sneak into the playoffs. Melo, Rose and even Noah will have some nice moments however this team should be about PORZINGUS. the sooner they make him the primary player, the better
dk7th
Member: #4228
USA
9/26/2016  2:17 PM
callmened wrote:this is getting embarrassing for the knicks. there ALWAYS something going on. however regardless of how this effects the knicks, i hope justice is correctly served

we need an ownership change. fish rots from the head down. dolan's mere existence drags the knicks down. a genuine black hole.

knicks win 38-43 games in 16-17. rose MUST shoot no more than 14 shots per game, defer to kp6 + melo, and have a usage rate of less than 25%
mreinman

9/26/2016  2:18 PM
callmened wrote:this is getting embarrassing for the knicks. there ALWAYS something going on. however regardless of how this effects the knicks, i hope justice is correctly served

me too! Basketball is a distance second to the seriousness of this.

Nalod
USA
9/26/2016  2:25 PM
Becareful what you wish for, some owners are far worse.

Really? That just gives me the warm fuzzies!
Personally, they sound like they might be very compatible. Judge should force them to marry.

nixluva
USA
9/26/2016  2:25 PM
mreinman wrote:Looks like the UK faithful mostly don't believe her and say that she looks bad.

Maybe she looks bad especially with the slut shaming defense in full effect but DERRICK ROSE LOOKS PRETTY AWFUL TOO.

I think you're ignoring many of the obvious problems with how she went about handling this. It could be that Rose did do something wrong in this case but it doesn't help her case that she 1st tried to get money out of him. I think that there is enough evidence to cast doubt on her version of things as well.

Unfortunately that is often the case in a situation where there was an existing consensual relationship. It makes it harder to prosecute such a case. This isn't a simple case from what i've read so far. Until we see all of the evidence and testimony it's impossible to say for sure just what happened.

mreinman

9/26/2016  2:35 PM
nixluva wrote:
mreinman wrote:Looks like the UK faithful mostly don't believe her and say that she looks bad.

I think you're ignoring many of the obvious problems with how she went about handling this. It could be that Rose did do something wrong in this case but it doesn't help her case that she 1st tried to get money out of him. I think that there is enough evidence to cast doubt on her version of things as well.

Unfortunately that is often the case in a situation where there was an existing consensual relationship. It makes it harder to prosecute such a case. This isn't a simple case from what i've read so far. Until we see all of the evidence and testimony it's impossible to say for sure just what happened.

ok ... so you think that she has cast doubt on herself, got it. What do you think about him? What he did? How he looks? How this would look to you if you were not a big knick fan, and perhaps you were even a woman? Or a mother? Would you be singing the same tune?

Remember, it took 80 woman to bring down Bill Cosby. Why do you think that is/was?

mreinman

9/26/2016  2:35 PM
Nalod wrote:Becareful what you wish for, some owners are far worse.

Really? That just gives me the warm fuzzies!
Personally, they sound like they might be very compatible. Judge should force them to marry.

That would be required of him in many cultures.

Nalod
USA
9/26/2016  2:39 PM
mreinman wrote:
nixluva wrote:

ok ... so you think that she has cast doubt on herself, got it. What do you think about him? What he did? How he looks? How this would look to you if you were not a big knick fan, and perhaps you were even a woman? Or a mother? Would you be singing the same tune?

Remember, it took 80 woman to bring down Bill Cosby. Why do you think that is/was?

Putting Qualudes in the Jello did take a very large sample but it took over 30 years as well.

L.A. police investigating complaint against Knicks guard Derrick Rose

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy